Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Ooooooh poo poo St. Clair and Parham on HH :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This was maybe one of the funniest Handbooks yet. They've been on fire lately.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

All the best, Jeff! You're an official Good Dude in my book!

Thanks!

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

hey jeff you responded to a dumb comment I made about hollywood handbook with an earnest opinion and genuine desire for feedback from your community, that's not something just anyone in your position would do. thanks for everything you've done.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Yeah genuinely seeking feedback in other places when I'm sure more than enough people seek you out on Earwolf shows that you really do care about improving and that it's not some sort of lip service. Also the background information on stuff like the Pepsi Next debacle was always really cool to read about.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

jakefogelnest posted:

If Banksy were my thoughts about Jeff Ulrich, he would be called "Thanksy."

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Just re-listened to Matt Besser vs. Armen again, it's so devastating and lasts for so long :ohdear:

Jeff, enjoy your rest! Been listening to Earwolf for like two years now and it's gotten me through some times when I've been living away from friends & family. Thanks for all the entertainment!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Wednesdays feel so empty without a new ep of 'U Talkin' U2 to Me?'.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Eel hovercraft posted:

Wednesdays feel so empty without a new ep of 'U Talkin' U2 to Me?'.

I can only remember 3 members of U2

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weird episode of Nerd Poker. First of all, kids and podcast don't mix. Secondly, it just ends, like, mid sentence.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Weird episode of Nerd Poker. First of all, kids and podcast don't mix. Secondly, it just ends, like, mid sentence.

Yeah I imagine they'll upload a fixed version eventually.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

The Senator Giroux posted:

"Larry Mullen is the bass player."

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Senator Giroux posted:

Bono, The Edge, Ed, and....

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Groucho Marxist posted:

Yeah genuinely seeking feedback in other places when I'm sure more than enough people seek you out on Earwolf shows that you really do care about improving and that it's not some sort of lip service. Also the background information on stuff like the Pepsi Next debacle was always really cool to read about.

Echoing this, getting behind the scenes stuff of when things go wrong like the Pepsi Next and Snus ad stuff and how you handled it shows the mindset that makes Earwolf so consistently high-quality. Hope you enjoy making like Carrot Top and being Chairman of the Board, Jeff.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Bono, The Edge, Ed, and....

Are you sure Bono is one of them? That doesn't sound right at all.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Are you sure Bono is one of them? That doesn't sound right at all.

They're getting him confused with Bonobos.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Bono is the lead guitarist I think.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

They're getting him confused with Bonobos.

Bee. Oh. Ehn Oh. Bee. Oh ess dot COOOOooooommm!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Bee. Oh. Ehn Oh. Bee. Oh ess dot COOOOooooommm!

That's good marketing.

If Jeff is still reading, raise your ad rates.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kids on podcasts make everything hilarious; Jimmy Pardo's kid showing up on NNF was great. I'd love an episode crying newborns to the oldest for an episode of Nerd Poker. Hell a string of episodes where they run a one shot with the kids of earwolf is something I'd at least give a chance.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kids on podcasts make everything hilarious; Jimmy Pardo's kid showing up on NNF was great. I'd love an episode crying newborns to the oldest for an episode of Nerd Poker. Hell a string of episodes where they run a one shot with the kids of earwolf is something I'd at least give a chance.

I need to check out NNF.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Bono is the lead guitarist I think.

Does he do that in addition to making better fitting men's apparel?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Does he do that in addition to making better fitting men's apparel?

I think he's only authorized to give out t-shirts.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I feel like I'm barely aware of U2 anymore.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Beeez posted:

I feel like I'm barely aware of U2 anymore.

Are you talking about the lovable lads from Liverpool?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Are you talking about the lovable lads from Liverpool?

Maybe. Did they also go by The Beatles?

It's strange, it's though there's some other answer to this question, something that's just on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it.

I feel more confident that I can remember the band members: Johno, Paul, George, and Larry Mullen Jr.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Hollywood Handbook got a mention in the latest :siren:AV Club Podmass:siren:. Hope Sean and Hayes can somehow leverage this buzz into getting THREE cans of Diet Cokes in their next negotiations with Chairman jeffullrich.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does anyone have an idea when in his life Paul F. Tompkins was first aware of U2?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Both the CBB and I4H eps this week have "penis" in the title. What the heck's going on there at "Ear""wolf"?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Your Honor, as a friend of the court this is preposterous.
Ey, as a buddy of the court, I think we should hear her out!

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone have an idea when in his life Paul F. Tompkins was first aware of U2?
And of his status regarding being, at the time, a young boy and or a young bout about to be a big boy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love Matt's hate for Who's Line's format because I felt like I was the only person in the internet who thought that poo poo wasn't fun.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love Matt's hate for Who's Line's format because I felt like I was the only person in the internet who thought that poo poo wasn't fun.

Edit: Removing content. If this childish bullshit helps you sleep at night then congrats.

EDIT: VVV not really. I just was tired of childish bullshit.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 19, 2014

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Edit: Removing content. If this childish bullshit helps you sleep at night then congrats.

Boy did I miss something good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
No post the content again.
I like it when Matt Besser is grumpy because when he's not I feel that he could become grumpy and it makes me anxious.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Its starting to rub off on me, I still like Whose Line but now I just see how they are just constantly using their bag of tricks and it pains me. Short form can still be fun but Whose Line takes no risks and really is the same thing again and again.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

lol

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

childish bullshit gambino

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Scott has finally come up with a worse CBB game than What Am I Thinking with Riddle Me This

The new Earwolf CEO's first action should be to bring back Who Said It/Alive or Dead/Hot Topics/Jing It or Ding It on rotation because they are all much better

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'd trade them all for Juke Box Jury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO said it.