Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

This image (the one about bitcoins) got taken down, does anyone have it saved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

On the other hand: a guy pushes his beer on you like that and you try and don't like it, is that what you tell him?

It depends on whether or not I'm trying to gently caress him. I'm much more tolerant of forced beer tastings when that is the case.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ratspeaker posted:

This image (the one about bitcoins) got taken down, does anyone have it saved?

Howdy

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Kajeesus posted:

I don't care what point you're trying to make; you're obviously some kind of idiot.

Look at you, not knowing how to eat like an adult. So cute. :3:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

It depends on whether or not I'm trying to gently caress him. I'm much more tolerant of forced beer tastings when that is the case.

Yeah, I'm sure that makes it more flirtatious or at least quirky. If it's just some stranger yelling about how you don't know what you like, it's probably a lot more uncomfortable. The parties I used to go to had some kind of weird vibe where if somebody said "You guys gotta try this" everyone would mindlessly obey out of fear of being excluded from the group.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Someone actually tried to do this to our company, although not with a fancy written notice like that. We're an internet retailer so they would try to attack our servers then send emails asking for bitcoin in order to stop. They also kindly offered to attack our competitors for more bitcoin. We just ignored him and beefed up our security until he couldn't affect us anymore.

He was sending the emails to our general customer service email and it goes into a queue that anyone can read, so it was funny to follow the saga as he got more and more angry when we wouldn't respond to his genius Bitcoin blackmail scheme and especially when we made our site secure enough that he couldn't affect it anymore.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Nth Doctor posted:

A beer nerd this deep into the rabbit hole should know: Smithwick's is an ale, not a lager.

For that matter, the beer-making family may be different, but the Smithwicks I know pronounce their family name "SMItheck" ("th" from "the", not, um, "Smith"), not whatever elftongue "Smid'ick" is supposed to be.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
He was whatever the PUA terminology is for 'being blunt and thinking it's flirting' and pronouncing it as "'smydick"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Pidmon posted:

He was whatever the PUA terminology is for 'being blunt and thinking it's flirting' and pronouncing it as "'smydick"

negging

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Why didn't he chose something more unique than a brand you can get in most stores? They sell it at my local supermarket :psyduck:

E: I realized I live in an area with a lot of stores so I may be biased. Point still stands though.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Jun 19, 2014

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Besesoth posted:

For that matter, the beer-making family may be different, but the Smithwicks I know pronounce their family name "SMItheck" ("th" from "the", not, um, "Smith"), not whatever elftongue "Smid'ick" is supposed to be.

Probably trying to emulate the Irish pronunciation, we'd pronounce it Smiddicks (or Smi'icks, after a couple). It's also a common mass-produced ale, and certainly not one worth holding up as a champion against the evils of 'lite' beer.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I wonder why it didn't the get the [Fancy Beer Brand] treatment.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beer snobs are insufferable.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Beer's started loving with my stomach. Now I get to be a whiskey snob.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Goon STDH posted:

I feel right at home in this thread yet never posted. I probably have a few gems for you guys. What happened today....

Quick backstory: I work for a multibillion dollar family owned company as a product manager. I make a good living, but my wife makes twice mine and we don't have debt.

I don't have to work, but like to. I got fed up with poo poo so I walked in one Monday, gave two weeks, and went home. My demands were the owners parking spot and a corner office. I didn't get those, but Next day I got a 30k raise. Now the game is how far can I go...

I honestly don't give a poo poo and it's kind of fun. Boss asked me how I felt with early morning China calls once a week, and I asked him how he'd feel about a punch in the balls and gently caress no.

Last week president of sales made a lovely comment about something, and I just responded with "or I can just go home now and you can figure it out ".

I am a nightmare employee, but at least I'm having fun with it. They are sending me to a free four seasons vacation for my performance. Might be quitting time again when I get back to see if I can hit six figs. FYI- there is zero hyperbole in anything above.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

What a miserable pos to work with.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

I'd love to hear the sender explaining this to the Secret Service.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How did the thread react to him bragging about his 50% raise and being some sort of magically irreplaceable employee?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Elysiume posted:

How did the thread react to him bragging about his 50% raise and being some sort of magically irreplaceable employee?

Ignored him - it's the office worker venting thread. Presumably everyone could tell how obvious of a lie it was?

silencekit
May 1, 2014

This is a rare instance of STDH that isn't even necessarily designed to make the author look like James Bond/Martin Luther King/Rambo. It smacks of smug, for sure, but he definitely knows that he comes across like a total piece of poo poo. What's the rest of thread like? People complaining about people like this guy?

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Where is that thread? I could really use something like that about now.

Meanwhile, on tumblr:

Minus creativity points for:

- No standing ovation from the women across the way
- Alternately, the women across the way do not burst into a round of "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- No one notices her heroics and proposes marriage

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Lowly posted:

Meanwhile, on tumblr:

- Alternately, the women across the way do not burst into a round of "Bohemian Rhapsody"

I like it as a form of peaceful social protest but yeah it sounds sitdishy

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
There was some weirdo tumblr about guys (And ONLY guys, girls that do it don't count) that take up too much space on public transportation. I'm guessing this is some kind of fanfiction for that tumblr.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lowly posted:

Meanwhile, on tumblr:

And then the guy put on his fedora and posted on an MRA forum about another horrifying act of misandry.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Lowly posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3295066&pagenumber=179&perpage=40

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
To be fair, the TPS thread is mostly work-related bullshit that did happen.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Lowly posted:

Meanwhile, on tumblr:

I could believe this as it's very petty. Nothin interesting/very mundane. Also believability cred for the fact she never speaks to the guy or anyone else during.

And the woman spreading her legs on the subway thing heh sex joke and a guy shifting due to "uncomfortableness" is a physical uncomfortableness, as we don't want our leg touching someone as much as we know someone doesn't want our legs to touch them. Yeah we take up a little more space, we're just very carefree sitters as a gender.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Also dongs and balls make it much less comfortable to sit with legs closed tight.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Bloodnose posted:

Also dongs and balls make it much less comfortable to sit with legs closed tight.

This is true. Though if some girl sat on my hand I'd probably be like "sorry" and move it, and if she then rubbed knees with me I'd think she was being super forward.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Bloodnose posted:

Wings of Mine
Aug 23, 2011
I saw this a long time ago on an imageboard I used to post to:

Your Typical 'Anon' posted:

> Be at golden coral today for moms B-Day
> Everyone's having a good time except me
> The food loving sucks
> Don't eat anything
> See fatass (looks like she's about in her mid 20's) on one of those scooters
> She catches me looking at her
> Oh poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo
> She scoots up towards me at 1 MPH
> "You know, it runs in the family rear end hole."
> Turn around
> Remember what 4chan has taught me
> I reply, "Bitch, no one runs in your family."
> She gets offended and backs up with her scooter
> The scooter starts beeping like a truck backing up
> Some old dude behind her yells "WIDE LOAD BACKING UP"
> Everyone within a 30 ft radius busts out laughing
> She leaves

The quintessential shit_that_didnt_happen.txt! :downs:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Wings of Mine posted:

I saw this a long time ago on an imageboard I used to post to:

The quintessential shit_that_didnt_happen.txt! :downs:

>be a channer
>don't read thread
>post green text story

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Isn't that a greentext story, which are always supposed to be jokes?

Wings of Mine
Aug 23, 2011
My complete bad! I admit that I was never really deep into the culture (I was an on-off lurker), and thus didn't know about greentext (nor did I see it in the OP). It wasn't 4chan, but welp, I learned something new today!

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Those guys are pro-sitters and are clearly very confident/relaxed :colbert:.

I thought green text stories are just that. Wether their true or not is often up to the reader. The arguments that happen over them is always hold though.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Those guys are pro-sitters and are clearly very confident/relaxed :colbert:.

I thought green text stories are just that. Wether their true or not is often up to the reader. The arguments that happen over them is always hold though.

I just wanna believe :allears:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

What the gently caress is a shitcarton

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

What the gently caress is a shitcarton

He was making GBS threads in a milk carton.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

He was making GBS threads in a milk carton.

But why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

because it didnt happen, also jokes

• Locked thread