Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

The Ghana game will be closer, because they are less likely to totally self-destruct than Portugal, but Germany will win it anyway

This is correct

This is the team I watched play the US yesterday? I think Germany should do ok in that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

hopterque posted:

Hahaha spain isn't gonna get out of the group maybe you meant The Netherlands?

Holland will win the group and go on the other side of the draw

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Gemüllert.

E: loving attachments.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 18, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

rope kid posted:

Germany is my team for the World Cup

Lol

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

dogboy posted:

It looks like DeichkindTV had to take down that amazing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2yM23Vkb8

Awww, man! They should have just replaced the whole video with Ewald's singing wound. I laughed so hard at that part.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

AlexF posted:

Awww, man! They should have just replaced the whole video with Ewald's singing wound. I laughed so hard at that part.

Oh my god, I just listened to the song on http://www.deichkind.de/audio.php and it gets hilarious when you increase alcohol levels.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Bier Pokal Bier Bier Pokal Spiel egal Spiel Spiel egal

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
:lol:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

http://www.wsop.com/players/playerProfile.asp?playerID=148334&pagecolor=FFFFFF

:eyepop:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

• A former soccer pro

lmao

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

yeah did a huge lol at that as well

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
efb

quote:

• A former soccer pro
:eyepop:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

this world cup, seriously

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Also they misspelled Reinbek.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No one panic, no one "freak out." But there is only ONE team left in the tournament who will definitely beat us if we play them, as of today. No Spanish dickslap this year, boys.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

antidote posted:

No one panic, no one "freak out." But there is only ONE team left in the tournament who will definitely beat us if we play them, as of today. No Spanish dickslap this year, boys.

Real relief, such a bummer to lose to Spain in the Eurocup and the WC. Soul crushing gently caress them.

I just hope not to have a repeat of 2006 with Italy. Would be interesting to see how teams adjust and how they confine Pirlo to see if the rest of Italy fall apart.

Hopefully?

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

The best way to confine Pirlo is to casually jog away from him, as demonstrated by Özil.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pirlo is a defensive liability and was at fault for England's goal. Just get someone to run vaguely towards him all game and you'll score more than he'll create.

unicron
Oct 6, 2004

Eatin' planets, fightin', and drinkin' 'round the world!
Germany to win the world cup.
Muller to get golden boot again.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

unicron posted:

Muller to get golden boot again.
Klose to beat Ronaldo's record.

There ya go

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

unicron posted:

Müller to get golden boot again.
Klose to beat Ronaldo's record.
Müller to beat Klose's record.

ftfy

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

There's still plenty of time to get knocked out in the semis by a decent team so don't get your hopes up to high.

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Pand posted:

There's still plenty of time to get knocked out in the semis by a decent team so don't get your hopes up to high.

Okay so... Germany will finish 1st in thier group which means they will face either Russia or Nice Korea first in the knockout stage.

That means France in the quarterfinals....

Meanwhile Brazil will be facing Chile, will beat them, then probably face... oh my God Germany will probably have to play against Brazil in the semi-finals....

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
It's gonna be Germany vs Oranje in the finals.

unicron
Oct 6, 2004

Eatin' planets, fightin', and drinkin' 'round the world!

rawillkill posted:

It's gonna be Germany vs Oranje in the finals.

At this very early stage I think that would be a fair finish. But aren't Brazil typically late, slow starters? And haven't they like, never lost at home or something?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

unicron posted:

At this very early stage I think that would be a fair finish. But aren't Brazil typically late, slow starters? And haven't they like, never lost at home or something?

Given the small sample size, I don't think these statistics are meaningful.

Still, just going by results till now, it wouldn't surprise if the Dutch or Brazilians or Germans win the whole thing, while some other favorites surprised with bad results, Spain first among them of course.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

unicron posted:

They lost as recently as 2002

Also to point out the Netherlands knocked Brazil out in 2010 in an "upset" but I had predicted that one too

Oranje vs Germany for the finals. It would be poetic too, 40 years after the 1974 Final

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

It has been a single game against a (on that day) terrible side. We are the kings of barely making it out of the group after a superb first effort so wait with your predictions until the KO games at least.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I can't believe both Spain and England got eliminated before we even played our second game. Surreal.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Katana Gomai posted:

I can't believe both Spain and England got eliminated before we even played our second game. Surreal.

Best world cup

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

the most dangerous schedule...

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
wrong thread

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The Germans have taken too long to score against Ghana, gas thread

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

inappropriate

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

indeed, this is highly triggering op

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Unsurprisingly the 2nd match was really tough again welp.

1 point is ok but really the important part is MIROSLAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV KLOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

e: also gently caress Sammy Khedira he's a loving garbageman.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 21, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Defense was bad, offense was unlucky/inept. Rather have this happen now than in the KO games, we'll bounce back like we always do. Also a draw against USA is enough to advance (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong but I think I played through every scenario) and lol if we can't manage that. I expect us to win though, as always in game 3.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

Defense was bad, offense was unlucky/inept. Rather have this happen now than in the KO games, we'll bounce back like we always do. Also a draw against USA is enough to advance (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong but I think I played through every scenario) and lol if we can't manage that. I expect us to win though, as always in game 3.

A draw is enough afaik.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Yeah, a draw would be enough. Disgrace of Pernambuco ?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Start Klose

• Locked thread