Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Mr Cuddles posted:

If anyone is bored then feel free to watch me make my first attempts at online tailing mode. My only hope is that other players are more inept than me :)

http://www.hitbox.tv/barrypickles

Does it notify the person I have invaded them if I am just tailing?

haha, you should purposefully gently caress with one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Patch_Dogs~

quote:

Hello all,

Good news! We now have more information on the patches that will be deployed on WD. We apologize if you were affected by any of these issues, but we greatly appreciated your patience while we got this sorted.

A new patch for the game is coming on all platforms. The patch will be available for download on the PlayStation 4 in the next few hours. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week. Well keep you updated on all progress.

Youll find the details below. If you have questions, please ask them in this thread and well try to be a specific as possible with our answers.

MAJOR GAME FIXES
Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
Fixed several minor respawn issues.
Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES
Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
Implemented several performance improvements.
Implemented a few control improvements.
Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
Implemented several mouse modifications.
Fixed Drinking Game control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
Fixed Chess Game control issue.
Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
Added game version in main menu.

Love,
The WD Team

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892700-Watch-Dogs-Patch-%286-18-14%29?p=10052409

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Mr Cuddles posted:

If anyone is bored then feel free to watch me make my first attempts at online tailing mode. My only hope is that other players are more inept than me :)

http://www.hitbox.tv/barrypickles

Does it notify the person I have invaded them if I am just tailing?

Well that was fun. Gonna play something else now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why does Ubi insist on shoving stupid minigames into everything and making them count for progression?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why does Ubi insist on shoving stupid minigames into everything and making them count for progression?

They found it increases sales by diversifying target demographics that find the game appealing. AC3 was the only time this kitchen sink design approach has really backfired.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

They found it increases sales by diversifying target demographics that find the game appealing. AC3 was the only time this kitchen sink design approach has really backfired.

I can't imagine anyone was on the fence about Watch Dogs but were swayed when they found out you could play chess and poker.

e: I'd at least like them to make an effort to make the mini games thematically appropriate or otherwise give them a unique spin based on other game play mechanics. Poker at least let you cheat by hacking cameras. The shell game, chess, and drinking games are just there to be there.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 19, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's not just the chess and poker, but yes, the rationale has been that the inclusion of minigames helps give the impression of a more expansive or appealing gameplay set, especially when leveraged in advertising to make the world seem "larger". This is the same thinking that got us separate temples and the Da Vinci sidequests in the AC games.

I really wish I could use my focus bar in the drinking minigame. The dual input mouse and WASD stages are still insurmountable for me, even when everything else is pretty trivial.

edit: I agree with you about that- I think there were plans to include hacking or stress monitoring in some or all of the minigames that got cut for time reasons. This is especially suggested by the slot machines, which even have an empty hack icon on them.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014

J-Spot posted:

Poker at least let you cheat by hacking cameras. The shell game, chess, and drinking games are just there to be there.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but you can cheat at the shell game by pausing before choosing. The ball will be visible through the cup on the pause screen.

I've heard this also works with poker cards, but I haven't tried it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Minigames make the world feel larger. No matter how much people complain about them, they're kind of objectively unhappier if they are not there. A lot of things that people consider useless or unnecessary busywork get a lot of complaints if they're removed. Obviously it'd be better if it was good content, but more often than not you're better off including "eh" content than no content.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The chess and poker minigames would be a fun break if they weren't so drat slow, playing the same 2-3 animations and lines over and over again.

Also I just finished the Bedbug thing and goddamn that is hilarious how he just magically walks away from being yet another victim of Aidan's meddling. What the gently caress, game?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

eXXon posted:

Also I just finished the Bedbug thing and goddamn that is hilarious how he just magically walks away from being yet another victim of Aidan's meddling. What the gently caress, game?

I'm pretty sure that is either due to huge cuts in the story due to time issues or due to a focus group liking that character and wanting to see him again.

I've probably said it before, but I can't shake the feeling that Watch_Dog's current storyline feels more like the origin story for a story they wanted to tell but didn't have the time to. (And I say that as somebody who liked the story.)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone notice performance improvements with the latest patch?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Any idea when the patch is supposed to drop on Steam? I unlocked the Papavero Stealth and it corrupted my save, and I really don't feel like starting over.

edit: Official word is "PC patch will be available in the coming days."

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Anybody have any tips for getting those last few Song Sneak songs? I've done all I can via capturing music from environmental sources, I'm down to the last few songs that all guides say must be hacked from passerbys. I really wish they'd have a separate profiler highlight color for bank accounts, since that's all I seem to be getting now when I profile people.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Gatac posted:

Anybody have any tips for getting those last few Song Sneak songs? I've done all I can via capturing music from environmental sources, I'm down to the last few songs that all guides say must be hacked from passerbys. I really wish they'd have a separate profiler highlight color for bank accounts, since that's all I seem to be getting now when I profile people.

Apparently there's a location that's great for cheesing (read: not running around like a loving idiot for hours trying to find that one last song) Song Sneak, the cars, bank accounts and contracts. It's the very north-easternmost building. Apparently if you just stroll in circles around that building profiling everyone you can get it done rather quickly.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've been going non-lethal on all the Blume guards so far (captured all CtOS outposts), but I'm having trouble in the storyline mission. Will the game recognise the distinction betwen sneaking and mass-murdering at all?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Lone Badger posted:

I've been going non-lethal on all the Blume guards so far (captured all CtOS outposts), but I'm having trouble in the storyline mission. Will the game recognise the distinction betwen sneaking and mass-murdering at all?

No. You make one choice that is independent of everything else you do.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I grabbed all 9 weapon crates, how do I start the 'special mission' associated with doing so?

Also, I seem to have hit a brick wall on the 'missing persons' and 'burner phone' investigations - I unlocked all 13 towers but I've only found about half of each with no more visible on the map.

Caik
Oct 3, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

I grabbed all 9 weapon crates, how do I start the 'special mission' associated with doing so?

It unlocks later in the story.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

The Lone Badger posted:

Also, I seem to have hit a brick wall on the 'missing persons' and 'burner phone' investigations - I unlocked all 13 towers but I've only found about half of each with no more visible on the map.

Once you get to Pawnee in story mode you can finish them.

I think the weapons crate on may open up early act three. The last missions is pretty fun.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Nope, in fact at one point even if you don't kill any guards there is a cutscene where Aiden gets upset about all the killing he just did! AAA gaming!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

PC patch releasing in the next few hours.

https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/479672896819068928

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Finally. Need this patch to be able to play after the nasty game breaking bug.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

My steam just updated Watch_Dogs, they seem to have fixed the stuttering I had when using ultra textures, which is nice.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Yep patch is out on uplay.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

I don't know what to say without sounding like an atrocious douche, but two plus weeks of not playing this game due to the 90% load bug really doesn't have me excited to buy another ubisoft game anytime soon. Definitely not at full price. I am glad they fixed it as I mildly enjoyed the time I spent with it.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

I reeeeally hope this cures the display driver crash, I haven't been able to play more than 10 minutes at a time because of it. Fingers crossed!

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

NaDy posted:

I reeeeally hope this cures the display driver crash, I haven't been able to play more than 10 minutes at a time because of it. Fingers crossed!

I think that's a feature to keep you from having a bad experience.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Zaphod42 posted:

Going from big to small in GPU cost

SSAO (biggest) > MSAA (32x > 16x > 8x, etc.) > DOF / LOD / Reflections/ Texture Size / Shader Quality / Water / Shadows > Everything else

Set pre-rendered frames to 1 if you haven't already.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/watch-dogs-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

I Don't exactly know what this pre rendered frames thing is all about.. Can someone tell me what that even does? Yeah, google it, but i'm most likely going to come upon a bunch of sites with a shitload of dumb technobabble justifying a most likely useless game feature.

Also How did you make Sterling Archer in Saint's Row? I'm thinking of picking up the last one because it's balls out like Just Cause or Prototype whereas the previous games just seemed like GTA clones to me. I would LOVE to play Saint's Row as Archer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Only the first two are GTA clones and even the second one started to get some silly stuff in it. Saints Row the Third is where they go full retard and it is wonderful.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Soonmot posted:

Only the first two are GTA clones and even the second one started to get some silly stuff in it. Saints Row the Third is where they go full retard and it is wonderful.

Saints Row 2 was amazing. The story was a lot better than it had any right to be, plus all the crazy stuff you could do was a breath of fresh air after what we got with GTA 4.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

JohnClark posted:

The worst part is they don't offer even the tiniest sliver of an explanation for how he escaped. Iraq and his henchmen are dangling the guy from an 8th story window, holding guns to his head, having realized that he just completely betrayed their organization. Did he fight his way out? Did he give them some Jean-Luc Picard level speech and convince them of the error of their ways? The game offers no clue, just a shrug of the shoulders.

That's not the worst part. The fact that presumably in order to survive he was let go, and that means somehow explaining that he betrayed Iraq and his organization because you had blackmail on him which if revealed would cause Iraq to kill him, is the worst part.

Rookersh posted:

Depends on what you add. I fiddled with it earlier, and yeah, turning everything on makes it unplayable. However a lot of that is due to the guy adding in his own settings ICE style, just the basic E3 settings being switched back on works fine on my machine.

http://a.pomf.se/amkeaz.webm

and

http://a.pomf.se/jbwyci.webm

are without his changes, and run fairly smoothly for example.

More then a few people are saying turning the E3 settings back on also makes their game run smoother. My game already ran pretty smooth for some reason, so I can't tell, but it didn't reduce the quality either.

How do I best utilize this? I like these videos of watch dogs, I do not know how to make my game look like that though.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 20, 2014

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

NaDy posted:

Update: It still crashes!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The patch pretty much eliminates the constant asset streaming skips for me. I'd definitely recommend the PC version to anyone with the hardware for it now.

I just wish I had played most of the game this way. :v:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I think I permanently hosed something up. I tried completely reinstalling the mod and my game still hard locks when I select continue. I'm thinking it must've been something I changed in my gamerprofile.xml file. Can anyone paste a copy of theirs so I can compare? I know I've seen resolution settings in there, so if it does matter, I play at 1680x1050 fullscreen.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So Aiden is really, really stupid right?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did the patch remove the little purple outline around the target in online hacking? I finally went for the trophy on that but it's much harder to hide when you have no idea where they are. An icon only comes up when they're in direct line of sight.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So as someone who doesn't have Watch Dogs on Steam, how the heck am I supposed to update it? Does the Uplay client do it automatically?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

primelaw posted:

So as someone who doesn't have Watch Dogs on Steam, how the heck am I supposed to update it? Does the Uplay client do it automatically?

Try launching the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The Lone Badger posted:

So Aiden is really, really stupid right?

Yes, he also has no self-awareness and like, no empathy.

• Locked thread