Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

abagofcheetos posted:

Some girls don't like Mario?

But they drat sure don't go for WoW...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rudoku posted:

I thought the whole "thing" with WoW was that people who would never even play a computer game ended up getting addicted to it? Though at this point I guess the fad has died out.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I wouldn't voluntarily interact with anyone who hates Mario, let alone gently caress the degenerate piece of poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

abagofcheetos posted:

I thought the whole "thing" with WoW was that people who would never even play a computer game ended up getting addicted to it? Though at this point I guess the fad has died out.

I knew a shitload of people who never touched games in their life except for WoW, and are otherwise normal people who are even pretty attractive.

And not just some casual play: guilds, multiple max level chars, reserving nights to do raids. But they balanced it with the rest of their life because they're not shitlords.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Austrian mook posted:

I wouldn't voluntarily interact with anyone who hates Mario, let alone gently caress the degenerate piece of poo poo.

Seems reasonable.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

I knew a shitload of people who never touched games in their life except for WoW, and are otherwise normal people who are even pretty attractive.

And not just some casual play: guilds, multiple max level chars, reserving nights to do raids. But they balanced it with the rest of their life because they're not shitlords.

Today, in "poo poo that never happened"...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Dota is worse than WoW, and WoW is dying anyways.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

qnqnx posted:

Today, in "poo poo that never happened"...

I don't know why that's so hard to believe? I know plenty of people too that played games fairly frequently, had (and still have) perfectly normal lives but just absolutely sunk their time into WoW. It lured a lot of people over whether they were heavy into games or not.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Louisgod posted:

I don't know why that's so hard to believe? I know plenty of people too that played games fairly frequently, had (and still have) perfectly normal lives but just absolutely sunk their time into WoW. It lured a lot of people over whether they were heavy into games or not.

No, you see, you're either a scrub casul or you keep a tin dish close to your seat so you can poo poo without interrupting your grind. There is absolutely no way to balance a hobby vs. your responsibilities and social life.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Oh man that's gonna take off like a rocket, I can already tell.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Louisgod posted:

I still find that hard to believe.

Ah yes, the worst starter of all times.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

quote:

Ah yes, the worst starter of all times.

You're getting the meme wrong. It's "Who's the worst starter of all times? Cyndaquill."

Now isn't that funnier?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

"Who did 9/11?"

Cyndaquill

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

"Who did 9/11?"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ahahahaha holy loving poo poo

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

abagofcheetos posted:

Though at this point I guess the fad has died out.

WoW is still hugely popular. The Wii U, on the other hand, never was and never will be popular.

Rudoku posted:

Because women don't game? Why would a certain gender only be interested in Mario games, of all titles?

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 19, 2014

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

WoW is still hugely popular. The Wii U, on the other hand, never was and never will be popular.

just like your life

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Fame Douglas posted:

Because girls don't game? Why would a certain gender only be interested in Mario games, of all titles?

men are also interested in mario games because they own you loving sack of poo poo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fame Douglas posted:

sorry about your troubles, wii u

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Austrian mook posted:

men are also interested in mario games because they own you loving sack of poo poo

So what? You guys seem unable to separate your personal feeling for these children's franchises from the market realities of Nintendo being on its way down the gutter.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

god, you are so retarded

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

So what? You guys seem unable to separate your personal feeling for these children's franchises from the market realities of Nintendo being on its way down the gutter.

shut the gently caress up and play Mario until you realize how worthless your posting history, if not entire existence, has become

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

catdynamite posted:

god, you are so retarded

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

how can goons be this stupid, why can't they just walk away from a situation without making themselves out to be massively retarded, it just keeps happening and it is truly baffling

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Guess goons don't like facing reality, that's why they cling so desperately to their phantasy worlds where Nintendo is still relevant?

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

just post your dick and get it over with

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Let's see that freaky looking dick you WoW playing weirdo

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

Tell me more about "market realities."

It's always fun to watch goons try to talk about corporate and business concerns. Especially in this thread.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

phantasy

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's always fun to watch goons try to talk about corporate and business concerns. Especially in this thread.

nintendo is completely irrelevant, I know this because I am a proud Something Awful Games poster with over a thousand posts

loving 013s?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

catdynamite posted:

It can't be less appealing than his posts, honestly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

as opposed to 9 pages of this lol you loving spastic nerd

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586727&userid=206553

:eyepop: gettin' real

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MinibarMatchman posted:

as opposed to 9 pages of this lol you loving spastic nerd

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586727&userid=206553

:eyepop: gettin' real

lol he registered to post in that thread

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Goons :rolleyes:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

this is loving gold

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

catdynamite posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

he really loving needed people to know the xbox one was lacking the new netflix interface ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

thread bad, gas ban etc

the cancer seems to be spreading from fame lifeless

• Locked thread