Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dehry posted:

She could be made into a character though, especially since (PQ spoilers)they do have party members without a Persona in the game.
Just moused over the spoiler on accident. Are there other characters who haven't been shown that are playable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Just moused over the spoiler on accident. Are there other characters who haven't been shown that are playable?

So did I! Remember when someone posted the PQ character info? That blonde girl had the guy with the collar where her persona should be, and he didn't have a page at all. I figure that's what Dehry was walking about.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Kaguya looks pretty cool.

Yeah it does.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 19, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, are you referring to Rei and Zen?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He is referring to them, yes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I didn't know their names. :shrug: I also don't know how I misspelled collar as color, but there you go.

edit: I just noticed I said walking instead of talking in that post as well, I'm really on a roll tonight.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 19, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It's cool. I just wasn't clear on whether there were other blonde girls with not-personas running around in PQ.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Butt Ghost posted:

Wait, are you referring to Rei and Zen?

Zen and only that person.

E:the Persona Q spoilers and video from earlier.
http://pastebin.com/dtAs7gF9

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 19, 2014

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So I'm pretty far into SMT4. How can I tell if I have the neutral path and when does it show up?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Hivac posted:

So I'm pretty far into SMT4. How can I tell if I have the neutral path and when does it show up?

You can ask what people are saying about you at the Hunter's Association to get an idea of where you are. You'll know you're locked into the Neutral path if you meet Stephen in the White Forest.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

You can ask what people are saying about you at the Hunter's Association to get an idea of where you are. You'll know you're locked into the Neutral path if you meet Stephen in the White Forest.

Ah, gently caress. Well I guess I'm going back on about a week's worth of progress then :suicide:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Hivac posted:

Ah, gently caress. Well I guess I'm going back on about a week's worth of progress then :suicide:

Where exactly are you in game?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Where exactly are you in game?

In the middle of a cutscene with Jonathan right after the white forest on the law path. :v: my other save is before you go to Shene Duque, which is waaaay earlier.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hivac posted:

Hey, high-five, you're roughly where I am and doing the same thing I did. I got saved from that fuckup by someone telling me at the last second "No goddamnit if you don't see Stephen you did it wrong" as Walter appeared.

Then I had to refight that prior boss and hope to poo poo the other choice would right my path. (It did. Thank god.)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Excels posted:

P4 Ultimax has a ganguro palette for (Shadow?) Rise:

Really excited to see how all these new characters play together, in all these crazy colors

Yessss... Now when I beat everyone up as Rise and I can be even more (supposedly) obnoxious! Can't wait.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No lie, when I played that at E3, the Ganguro Rise skin was the thing the Atlus guy was most eager to show to me. (Called it that and everything.)

Also Ken and Koromaru are the most fun to play.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Hivac posted:

In the middle of a cutscene with Jonathan right after the white forest on the law path. :v: my other save is before you go to Shene Duque, which is waaaay earlier.

Since you've already seen all the stuff, a surefire way to get Neutral is always answer the first choice on alignment questions (usually the boss questions don't count, but one very early in the game does. Issachar. The put him out of his misery or not question). Choose to go with Jonathan when given the choice. Pick all left on the ethics test in the maze. Now this part it's iffy if it even does anything or not, but it can't hurt, the second go round with the remote, choose not to press, exit the room, go back in and press it. Last choose, "Preserve the Status Quo.".

Two things to not do. Pretty much just avoid the side quests until you're locked in. There are some surprise aligment questions in them. And DO NOT talk to the lady in Ikebukuro who asks if you're a human or a demon. It's a huge amount one way or the other, with no neutral choice, and the margin for Neutral is crazy slim.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Honestly the biggest bastard move the game does is giving you the alignment dude in the bars and then removing him from the picture through both parallel Tokyos so that you've got this whole chunk of game where you're blindly guessing... RIGHT BEFORE THE ALIGNMENT LOCK

Also I wish like hell I could take screenshots of this game because I bought the crazy armor from Downtown Ginza and I look like a drag queen now, this is the best SMT ever.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Honestly the biggest bastard move the game does is giving you the alignment dude in the bars and then removing him from the picture through both parallel Tokyos so that you've got this whole chunk of game where you're blindly guessing... RIGHT BEFORE THE ALIGNMENT LOCK

Also I wish like hell I could take screenshots of this game because I bought the crazy armor from Downtown Ginza and I look like a drag queen now, this is the best SMT ever.

I got the DLC armor because I had extra money on my account from something else, so why the hell not. So I'm pretty much running around as Koga Saburo whenever I pick it up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So why don't you guys just answer the questions with whatever you feel is most correct and take the path you end up on?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I might do that if the questions weren't so poorly designed you can literally be too neutral to get the neutral path.

e: Also, it's hard not to answer questions with alignment paths in mind when every question basically gives you:

Obvious Law Answer
Neutral
Obvious Chaos Answer

Except sometimes you don't get the neutral choice.

e: This is a very negative post. SMT games are cool and good, even if I'm not a fan of alignment outside Devil Survivor.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 19, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Because there are things you only get depending on the route you take. Plus, some people might just not want to be on certain alignment paths and what you think you're answering is not necessarily what the game thinks you're answering. Games never encourage you to answer the way you feel is right.

edit: Also, I'm pretty sure neutral is the only of the three that doesn't have additional ng+ content so if you're running through for the first time and plan to play it again you'll want to be neutral.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 19, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Because the neutral path can be seen as the "good" ending. A lot of people just like to aim for the best ending. Plus, the neutral path has the most content initially. Some people might just be working on getting every ending, and still need the neutral one.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

ImpAtom posted:

No lie, when I played that at E3, the Ganguro Rise skin was the thing the Atlus guy was most eager to show to me. (Called it that and everything.)

Also Ken and Koromaru are the most fun to play.

That's distinctly better than the one Atlus guy's desire to show off Shadow Rise's "summon a stripper pole and tear off her clothes" victory animation.

Agreed on Ken and Koromaru. They actually seem pretty drat strong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KingEffingFrost posted:

That's distinctly better than the one Atlus guy's desire to show off Shadow Rise's "summon a stripper pole and tear off her clothes" victory animation.

Agreed on Ken and Koromaru. They actually seem pretty drat strong.

Ken's reach is absurd and Koromaru is hilarious to spam all over the goddamn place.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I'm gonna go play Ken/Koro and Rise sometime this week. Our test cabinet just got patched so I expect them to be there.

Ken looks good but he is clearly unfinished so I wouldn't be surprised if he was tweaked. Rise looks interesting enough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm curious to see what happens with Rise. In the build I played her biggest problem is that she hit like a wiffle bat. That is probably not too hard to tune but she was hilariously and absurdly weak damage-wise.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Pureauthor posted:

So why don't you guys just answer the questions with whatever you feel is most correct and take the path you end up on?

Because I always go Neutral first, since it gives you a good idea of "Okay, so the other factions did this and this, do I want to see either of those from their side?" (This is why I never did Law/Chaos in Strange Journey since those seemed more... dehumanizing? than usual.)

That said, I do want to kick whoever designed the Neutral endgame arc in the nads, especially for "You need to go grind delivery quests that you skipped". I loving hate waiting an hour between Smartphone spawns. My 3DS is just lying on the charger as I listen to a podcast and wait for the search point to respawn.

edit: OH MY GOD THERE'S SOME loving QUEST SOMEWHERE I'M MISSING, MURDER THAT MAN

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 19, 2014

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
IT'S TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8UuRFuO30

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
At least no game can gently caress up the "moral decision" thing worse than Catherine. To get their True Endings you have to stay locked on one Karma path so there's not much "moral choosing" involved.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

What the hell is his title? Perfect Egotistical Cabbage Detective? It's cabbage that's throwing me off here.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

What the hell is his title? Perfect Egotistical Cabbage Detective? It's cabbage that's throwing me off here.

His Slink involved cabbages IIRC.

EDIT: alternatively it might just be because he slacked off at Junes all the time. Junes sells cabbage.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

If you don't know about the cabbage thing by now you really haven't been paying attention.

It's an ascended meme stemming from a bit of dialogue where Adachi says he buys a lot of cabbage because he's broke. There is a ton of fanart with him and cabbages.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Excels posted:

If you don't know about the cabbage thing by now you really haven't been paying attention.

It's an ascended meme stemming from a bit of dialogue where Adachi says he buys a lot of cabbage because he's broke. There is a ton of fanart with him and cabbages.

Weird, but sure okay.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Wow. I can feel the Hazama gamefeel just watching the combo chains in that preview.

This bodes ominously for the game's balance...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rise actually fighting is weird.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Speedball posted:

Rise actually fighting is weird.

Every fighting game needs a gag character, that's what Rise comes off as, at least to me.

(would still really like a Dojima/Nanako combo character)

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

My favorite Youtube comment on that video was this:

quote:

[Bitches & Whores Intensifies]

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Excels posted:

why dont people just play the game instead of needing to know every single flaw or discrepancy in it.

its a fun game. who cares about whether it's perfect

The game is like 80 hours long so people tend to want to know what they're getting into

Edit: Adachi looks great

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 19, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The game is like 80 hours long so people tend to want to know what they're getting into

Edit: Adachi looks great

seriously though who would need 80 hours to beat P3P, it's at best a 40 hour game even if you grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pretty sure I broke 100 hours in P3:FES on my first playthrough.