Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Supposedly, Drakengard 3 was going to be called Drakengard 4, and the plot of the game would be about why Drakengard 3 doesn't actually exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Supposedly, Drakengard 3 was going to be called Drakengard 4, and the plot of the game would be about why Drakengard 3 doesn't actually exist.
Metal Gear Solid 2 almost did the same thing.

The Leisure Suit Larry series actually did it - since every loose end possible was tied up in the third game (and due to an unfortunate bungle with a failed online network), they decided to just flat out skip the fourth game (joking that they "lost the floppies") and jump to the fifth, never explaining what happened in the "missing" game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Kins posted:

The Leisure Suit Larry series actually did it - since every loose end possible was tied up in the third game (and due to an unfortunate bungle with a failed online network), they decided to just flat out skip the fourth game (joking that they "lost the floppies") and jump to the fifth, never explaining what happened in the "missing" game.

To build on this, you start Larry 5 as Larry, now a secretary at a movie studio with no recollection of how he got there. You spend half the game as Larry and half as Patti from Larry 3 (she's the woman you end the game with), who is, among other things, trying to track down Larry who's disappeared. In the game's conclusion Patti has put all the pieces together and figured out the events that happened in Larry 4. They quite literally made skipping the nonexistant 4th game central to Larry 5's story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zari-gani posted:

From Abe's Twitter. A lunch box he made for his daughter's school trip.

Dang, that's the sweetest thing I ever seen anyone do for another human being.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Lurdiak posted:

Dang, that's the sweetest thing I ever seen anyone do for another human being.

Make them lunch?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Any hints on the next translated episode?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'm hoping for the Budokan behind the scenes, personally.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
It should be Mega Man X and if it isn't, I demand an adequate reason why.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PureRok posted:

Make them lunch?

This isn't exactly in the same category as a grilled cheese.

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

zari-gani posted:

It's the Kya~ at the end of Abe's tweet that kills me. Also, what a great dad, that's an adorable bento.

AnotherGamer posted:

It should be Mega Man X and if it isn't, I demand an adequate reason why.

Yeah, my GCCX viewing group is really jonesin' for MMX as well. (Well, that and DKC2)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

zari-gani posted:

Oh my god there's an Elmo tomato in there! :swoon:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
His twitter avatar is pretty great.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

"Next time, that guy from Hollywood...!!"
Speculation?

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Kakaricho posted:

Speculation?

With any luck? Last Action Hero.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kakaricho posted:

Speculation?

Oh hai Kacho.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Speculation?

Total Recall.

Or not since I suspect that it's going to be a game where the main character is supposed to be an actor but I can't think of anything good.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Have you ever wanted to play Paris-Dakar Rally Special but have been too daunted by the language barrier? Well, want no longer!

I wonder what inspires someone to translate a game like this.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

zari-gani posted:

Is that a Mameshiba?

"Did you know? Blowing on cartridges works because the moisture on your breath helps conduct electricity, but it also corrodes the connectors."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BiggerJ posted:

Is that a Mameshiba?

"Did you know? Blowing on cartridges works because the moisture on your breath helps conduct electricity, but it also corrodes the connectors."

Nowhere near gross enough.

"Nee, shitteru?

The average Street Fighter II cabinet's joysticks contain 90% of known sweat-transmittable diseases and over 2000 unidentified germs."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Abe: Yeah, man, you'll never know. People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl; she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Ginza Street.
Arino: Ha ha ha! What a story, Abe!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

BiggerJ posted:

Is that a Mameshiba?

Looks like a Rilakkuma.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of, which episodes had Amane in them? I think I remember Metro Cross Part One being one of them.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, which episodes had Amane in them? I think I remember Metro Cross Part One being one of them.

Metro Cross part one and two.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kakaricho posted:

Metro Cross part one and two.

Makes sense. Cheers!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The Summer Games Done Quick speedrunning charity marathon starts in like 13 hours: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644187

The reason I mention it here is of course because zari-gani has once again designed an incredible shirt for the event: http://theyetee.com/gamesdonequick/detail.php?itemid=SGDQ14-Metroidvania
All SGDQ shirts: http://theyetee.com/gamesdonequick/

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is against Super Godzilla.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is that a fighting game?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mister Chief posted:

Is that a fighting game?

I played it for like 2 seconds a couple weeks ago. Think it was one player only. You as Godzilla have to cross town in Godzilla fashion to the other Kaiju with the top screen a view of Godzilla wrecking poo poo and the bottom view a top-down view of the map. During that time there are things on the map that drain your stamina, so of course you want to book it to the other monster. When you meet up with it changes to a side view and the actual fighting begins. The system is weird where you hold down your stamina button to activate a special ability. It's weird to play.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Super Godzilla is indeed very weird but I enjoyed playing it semi-recently. If Arino can figure out the controls I think he can clear it, possibly. Kind of looking forward to it.

So does that mean the Hollywood clue was a joke about the recent American movie?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I played it for like 2 seconds a couple weeks ago. Think it was one player only. You as Godzilla have to cross town in Godzilla fashion to the other Kaiju with the top screen a view of Godzilla wrecking poo poo and the bottom view a top-down view of the map. During that time there are things on the map that drain your stamina, so of course you want to book it to the other monster. When you meet up with it changes to a side view and the actual fighting begins. The system is weird where you hold down your stamina button to activate a special ability. It's weird to play.

Is it one of the games the AVGN reviewed in his Godzilla video?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Azazell0 posted:

Is it one of the games the AVGN reviewed in his Godzilla video?
Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mQHotlaFo&t=595s
(Go to about 9:55 if starts you from the beginning)

He also talks about one (or two?) Super Famicom Godzilla games that were never released outside of Japan and are actually a lot better than Super Godzilla, so it might be one of those? :shobon:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Obeast posted:

He also talks about one (or two?) Super Famicom Godzilla games that were never released outside of Japan and are actually a lot better than Super Godzilla, so it might be one of those? :shobon:

One of those is basically the same as that Ultraman fighting game, minus the strange rule about the finisher. It's likely that's the one he'll play, since that awkward janky Ultraman fighter episode is so fondly remembered.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

There's a Game Center CX app for Android/iOS in Japan that has a (pay) 'GCCX Channel' video section where they show cut footage, unaired stuff, and segments that (likely couldn't) make the cut for the show. The clips are short (2-4 minutes) and it updates a couple times a week, so it's good for a nice GCCX fix when commuting, plus sometimes they're a bit slipshod/raw, which is usually pretty hilarious (Kan sighing loudly as they set-up another shot after Inoue messes up a line, Watanabe actually getting mad at fat jokes, etc) .

The most recent segment is pretty good, it's called "We Probably Don't have a Good Answer, but...". It's Arino, Abe, and Fujimoto giving advice about random requests from the staff (and soliciting ones from viewers). The first one was Fukawa (who got married a few years ago) asking what insurance he should get. Fujimoto had no helpful advice, Arino just said he leaves his insurance stuff to a friend, while Abe (deeply) detailed the best plan for a married man with kids.

Part 2/3 was from 'a thirty-year-old office lady' who had a man she was interested in, but he wanted her to lose weight 'till you look like Kanna Hashimoto' before they started dating. She turned out to be Producer Ai Hashiguchi (from the second Paris special). Unable to reach a decision, they demanded to see a picture of him. It wasn't shown, but Abe instantly noticed he was posing with a Lexus.

Fujimoto "Oh, so he's kinda rich?"
Abe "It's one of the tiny, cheap models. Pass."

After that they agreed he wasn't worth it, and set her up on a date with Inoue. Then decided Takahashi (Cardigan) was better, and told Inoue to hit the bricks. Then Takahashi declined "Because...you know...I already...". Then Inoue was apparently okay again and a date was arranged.

Pretty good overall, I hope some of them make it to DVD later on.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I asked this a while back (maybe a few weeks ago, before the big forums crash) and never got an answer...

Does gccxpatch.com work for anyone? I've tried it on my computer running Firefox and phone using the mobile version of Chrome (both on my wifi network and data service), and I always get an error page. I'm not super upset by this since just the idea of playing RGC2 in English felt like a dream (thank you once again everyone involved in the project :)), but I would like to upgrade since I'm still on version 1.0 and am noticing a number of text glitches in Guadia Quest Saga and the Ace Detective games (the latter of which I'm making the final two games for story mode since a game featuring the GCCX staff feels like a great way to end RGC2's story mode).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Pretty good overall, I hope some of them make it to DVD later on.

The other cellphone segments never were released on DVD so it seems unlikely to happen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Obeast posted:

I asked this a while back (maybe a few weeks ago, before the big forums crash) and never got an answer...

Does gccxpatch.com work for anyone? I've tried it on my computer running Firefox and phone using the mobile version of Chrome (both on my wifi network and data service), and I always get an error page. I'm not super upset by this since just the idea of playing RGC2 in English felt like a dream (thank you once again everyone involved in the project :)), but I would like to upgrade since I'm still on version 1.0 and am noticing a number of text glitches in Guadia Quest Saga and the Ace Detective games (the latter of which I'm making the final two games for story mode since a game featuring the GCCX staff feels like a great way to end RGC2's story mode).

There's definitely weird stuff going on with that site but I can consistently access it, at least. Here's a direct link to the latest patch (1.20).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

The other cellphone segments never were released on DVD so it seems unlikely to happen.

The segments where the staff drew characters/scenes as they remembered made it on the GCCX in USA DVD, so I'll hold out hope for the new ones. The Arino/Fujimoto/Abe-team balance "giving advice on random everyday life issues" formula could be gold.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Obeast posted:

Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mQHotlaFo&t=595s
(Go to about 9:55 if starts you from the beginning)

Kind of doubt he'd be playing the Godzilla fighting game though.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
I know its just wishful thinking.. but I would love for Arino's next challenge to be either the first nes Batman game by Sunsoft, or the nes version of Rygar :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Found this on WiiU Pullblox/Pushmo World:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADcU5QnJgQXIA

It was pretty fun map to play as well.

makere fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 27, 2014