Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

People were still doing AA's often compared to the other mission fights and they've already lowered the cost for AA KI's awhile ago. You can still do the same fight 4 times with maxed out merit points if you store a KI and 45 merit points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

True... however I could have done the same fight 4 times with maxed out merit points without spending them on increasing my merit point capacity if they were actually 10 per phantom gem.

Plus, I mean, it's right there in the patch notes.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Is there a coles notes for which ws are actually good now and which got hosed?

The impression I get from BG nerds is that sam got some awesome ws, as did thf and dnc. No idea about any others. From personal testing the new run ws isn't that great. At every tp level it hit about the same or worse than reso without buffs. I guess it could be worth it if you want to save merits on run. :shrug:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Is there a coles notes for which ws are actually good now and which got hosed?

The impression I get from BG nerds is that sam got some awesome ws, as did thf and dnc. No idea about any others. From personal testing the new run ws isn't that great. At every tp level it hit about the same or worse than reso without buffs. I guess it could be worth it if you want to save merits on run. :shrug:

Just wait a day or two, all this stuff is still very new.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
RUN WS absolutely outperforms Reso if you stack DEX and multiattack.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
I reactivated again, same name. I'll get a pearl whenever it's convenient.

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 18, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Eight-Six posted:

True... however I could have done the same fight 4 times with maxed out merit points without spending them on increasing my merit point capacity if they were actually 10 per phantom gem.

Plus, I mean, it's right there in the patch notes.
You could of, but the AA instance was super congested and the other battlefields were hardly ever used. That's why the other battlefields are cheaper cost and they've dropped some items into them.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

You could of, but the AA instance was super congested and the other battlefields were hardly ever used. That's why the other battlefields are cheaper cost and they've dropped some items into them.

I am a dumb-rear end poo poo motherfucker who can't read!

Do people care about the items that aren't in Stellar Fulcrum/Celestial Nexus? Honest question- at a glance it looks like Scuffler's cosciales, Sifahir Slacks (if you don't have Nares), Ptica headgear, mmmmmmmaybe Karmesin Vest if you're RUN and aren't using i119 AF1, Tengu-no-Obi? Though now that the Seraphicaller/Divinator also drop from those battlefields, they'll pick up in popularity for shout groups... maybe, perhaps, possibly.

Unrelatedly: soloing Horns of War/NQ Behemoth on RUN/WHM with only i109 AF and Aettir feels like sacrilege, but now that I know I can do it, looks like I'm farming a d.ring given time.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 18, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How the gently caress does this game make me want to resub every single patch?

Is Runefencer fun/good?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pomp posted:

Is Runefencer fun/good?
It's not Samurai, so no. Samurai is really ridiculous again right now. :shobon:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'm an idiot I'm gonna loving do it kill me now

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

I really wish RUN was a good class - and I wish there was more diversity in tanking and healing. Non-WHM classes can get by as healers most of the time, but it's pretty much only PLD for tanking, forever. SE almost tried to buff tanks this patch. Maybe 2 or 3 updates down the road

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Who the hell do I message for a shell?

edit: Oh my god I can teleport

Pomp fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 18, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pomp posted:

Jewbacca, Mulebacca, Baddtaru, Jamiemadrox, Frodnon, Jadey, Silvereyes, Transgalka, Hachiiiiii(six i's, this guy is a douche for spelling his name like that), and I think that is it. Your best bet is to ask the forums for a linkpearl. Most of us go afk and play better more interesting games like hide the salami in Frodnon's butt or Mario Kart 8.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Pomp posted:

Welcome back to FFXI, the devs no longer actively hate the playerbase. They communicate frequently, and update monthly. Shame a large portion of the updates are quality of life things that should have been in a decade ago. The homepoint crystals also have given the game a much much smaller feeling to the map. I can go to places in seconds where it used to take a half hour or more to trek.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Rune Fencer is the best and I have tanked just about everything relevant to 119 content (outside of AAs because we have no interest in doing it) and as a DD it works... decently I guess? Anyway PLD is still great for all of that content too but RUN actually beats it inside Delve.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gruknor posted:

Jewbacca, Mulebacca, Baddtaru, Jamiemadrox, Frodnon, Jadey, Silvereyes, Transgalka, Hachiiiiii(six i's, this guy is a douche for spelling his name like that), and I think that is it. Your best bet is to ask the forums for a linkpearl. Most of us go afk and play better more interesting games like hide the salami in Frodnon's butt or Mario Kart 8.

Oh, well, I'm logged in as Srava for the rest of the night while I try to figure out what people do for XP nowadays.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pomp posted:

Oh, well, I'm logged in as Srava for the rest of the night while I try to figure out what people do for XP nowadays.

Field/Ground Manuals, Trust NPCs, Abyssea, Reives, getting dumb gay Baddtaru to pimp out Jamie to give you that sweet 17k exp an hour. That is what I do to level.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 19, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Update completely broke gambot :(

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Update completely broke gambot :(

Whenever I would target mobs, they would eventually blink out of existence and I would lose target. Then they would reappear. It was really annoying.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Whenever I would target mobs, they would eventually blink out of existence and I would lose target. Then they would reappear. It was really annoying.
I think that's tied to JA0Wait within cupper. I had that issue after an update months ago (that changed a lot of code structure; guess this one also did) and I stopped using it ever since.

Upon further review, everything that uses fface is broken as hell right now.

Kind of funny that the new best Monk weaponskills are now Raging Fists (if attack is capped) or Howling Fist (if attack is not capped). Also with the new fTP values, basically you'd have to be dumb to choose anything besides the TP Bonus earring for clearing WotG. If you're a lazy rear end like I am, I'd suggest doing Wings of the Goddess now.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 19, 2014

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I'm in the same boat. :( My only worry is that by the time I finish WOTG they'll have nerfed TP bonus moonshade.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I'm in the same boat. :( My only worry is that by the time I finish WOTG they'll have nerfed TP bonus moonshade.

If you have an ilvl job you should be able to finish the whole drat storyline in like a weekend, solo.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I think that's tied to JA0Wait within cupper. I had that issue after an update months ago (that changed a lot of code structure; guess this one also did) and I stopped using it ever since.

Kind of funny that the new best Monk weaponskills are now Raging Fists (if attack is capped) or Howling Fist (if attack is not capped). Also with the new fTP values, basically you'd have to be dumb to choose anything besides the TP Bonus earring for clearing WotG. If you're a lazy rear end like I am, I'd suggest doing Wings of the Goddess now.

So you are no currently using cupper? Are you using any other speed increasing cheat? I am just curious because I am always looking for something better.

I am in the same boat as you. I plan on doing WOTG missions with Jewbacca and Mulebacca, anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gruknor posted:

Field/Ground Manuals, Trust NPCs, Abyssea, Reives, getting dumb gay Baddtaru to pimp out Jamie to give you that sweet 17k exp an hour. That is what I do to level.

I've been using search to check Gusgen Mines and Crawlers Nest for bookburn alliances every few hours, but nobody seems to actually do those anymore.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Yeah, most people just use Trust. Less hassle when you can have your own party in an instant!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pomp posted:

I've been using search to check Gusgen Mines and Crawlers Nest for bookburn alliances every few hours, but nobody seems to actually do those anymore.

The only way you will find a book burn is if you start one yourself. Still, your best bet is go solo with trust npcs and do a solo book burning. Make sure to get Kupipi, she is a great healer for when you are first starting out. Make sure to melee the mob. Trusts do not heal you or help attack the mob unless you are actually in combat with the mob, not just slinging nukes from a far.

You also want to make sure that you are using Record of Eminence quests. Some of them are one time only, but the ones you can repeat are sometimes mob and zone specific. Spoils quests are often repeatable. Some of the kill quests, or deal damage quests are repeatable as well. Basically when I am trying to say is do a few repeatable RoE(Record of Eminence) quests and try to find a book in the same zone. Trusts to help you out, you should be able to level easily. The blue chests that drop have temp items that can help you out in a pinch. The brown chests can have armor or some other stuff that you can use or sell. Chests are really helpful. Good luck, and make sure to use ffxiah, bg-wiki, and ffxiclopedia.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 19, 2014

King for a day
Sep 23, 2012
I'm thinking about picking up this game if it gets a decent sale on the Steam summer sale. I'm also trying to get my old POL account linked to my SE account but so far SE support hasn't figured out why I can't yet. But it got me thinking: should I just started over?

I'm just worried about doing all of the subjob/LB/unlock job quests again because those were a pain.

Also is there any way for a fresh character to make gil?

I just want to die horrible deaths destroy everything with my BST again dang it

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

King for a day posted:

I'm thinking about picking up this game if it gets a decent sale on the Steam summer sale. I'm also trying to get my old POL account linked to my SE account but so far SE support hasn't figured out why I can't yet. But it got me thinking: should I just started over?

I'm just worried about doing all of the subjob/LB/unlock job quests again because those were a pain.

They're no longer a pain in any respect other than they have to be done. You can for the most part have a high level drag you along to get the items while they mercilessly murder everything, then you level thf or whm to 70 and do either of those maat fights. Leveling a job to 70 can be done in under a day.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

King for a day posted:

You can start over completely, or when you get your old account reactivated you can have it on another account. It is a good idea to have a backup account if you are into that kind of thing.

Fresh characters can sell crystals on the AH for gil, selling stacks of beehive chips or wax sell at a decent rate.

BST are still great, they can solo/duo most of the content except a few of the higher end stuff. If you get creative, you can probably even do end game stuff. A few months ago me and 17 other bst/pup/smn fought a T5 nm. We won and it was fun.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

LiquidFriend posted:

Fface got updated today but for some reason I can't get to the website to download it and see if it actually works. Maybe you'll have better luck though!

Also don't worry there's a gambot v4 coming soon (oh god it hurts to laugh so much)

Male of the Century fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 20, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

The blue chests that drop have temp items that can help you out in a pinch. The brown chests can have armor or some other stuff that you can use or sell. Chests are really helpful. Good luck, and make sure to use ffxiah, bg-wiki, and ffxiclopedia.

As an aside to this-- the best EXP (alongside Records of Eminence quests) will come from doing Grounds of Valor, which is exclusively dungeon-type areas. The brown chests that have armor/other stuff (and most importantly, a higher drop rate) mostly pop in field areas, ie. Fields of Valor places.

In short you'll mostly be upgrading weapons using Sparks gained from Records of Eminence quests and armor that you get from brown chests in FoV areas.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

So you are no currently using cupper? Are you using any other speed increasing cheat? I am just curious because I am always looking for something better.

I am in the same boat as you. I plan on doing WOTG missions with Jewbacca and Mulebacca, anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome.
I use cupper (won't play FFXI without it), but I leave any form of JA0Wait completely off.

Male of the Century posted:

Fface got updated today but for some reason I can't get to the website to download it and see if it actually works. Maybe you'll have better luck though!

Also don't worry there's a gambot v4 coming soon (oh god it hurts to laugh so much)
They updated it twice in the same day. The second one got gambot working again after I hosed with some settings.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

It's actually happening

quote:

Job adjustments will also make a splash, including an arsenal of new spells for red mages, such as Haste II; increased buffing capabilities for geomancers with Indi-haste and Geo-haste spells; and a plethora of new blue magic spells for you to learn and drown your foes with!

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

LiquidFriend posted:

I use cupper (won't play FFXI without it), but I leave any form of JA0Wait completely off.

They updated it twice in the same day. The second one got gambot working again after I hosed with some settings.

Have you found a way to get it to stop trying to spam weaponskills without enough TP? I tried setting it to 999 instead of 100 but still nothing.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Eight-Six posted:

It's actually happening

Unless it can break the current cap, it will be a whaste.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Unless it can break the current cap, it will be a whaste.

It'll allow us DDs to put more damage in our gear.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Zero The Hero posted:

It'll allow us DDs to put more damage in our gear.

Now that would be a good implementation, haste 2 counts as item haste. RDMs would be back in huge demand.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

Gruknor posted:

You could try clipper. I personally haven't used Cupper before, but everyone talks about it over clipper, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Either way, Clipper provides the speed boost, with Maintenance mode so you can run through everything without people seeing you move an inch - you just basically "teleport". GM flag/JAWait0/exclusions etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Now that would be a good implementation, haste 2 counts as item haste. RDMs would be back in huge demand.

I'm referring to the max haste cap, not the magic cap.