Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Spacebump posted:

Not if it's anything like the last Blitz game EA made. It's amazing how half assed EA went with the last NFL Blitz and NBA Jam games. Both of those games could have been much better with just a little bit more effort.

Well I want an NFL Blitz that's like the N64 one. Perhaps made by space aliens, but not EA if it can be helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EA Sports is in a weird state. The O'Bannon case has forced them to discontinue all of their college sports games, and they likely will not be picked up again. Based on their E3 presentation, they seemed more interested in pushing EA UFC and PGA Tour, where it's possible the royalties paid out to those athletes are not as large as NBA or NFL. I'm not sure what EA Sports will look like in 5 years.

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."

Guignol posted:

Did they send you a blue nunchuck with your blue wiimote? I ordered a blue set last week, but the website doesn't specifically say that the nunchuck is blue like it does for the white and black sets.

Kabanaw posted:

I got a blue back in December and it comes with a blue nunchuck.

Yes both the Wiimote and Nunchuck are blue. Now my replacement set that they didn't send me is backordered and I get to wait because they screwed up. First world problems.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just finished the first set of levels in the Training Area in Pushmo World because I wanted to see if you get anything, and I got a stamp for doing so.

So, I guess you're gonna want to do them even if you're a Pushmo veteran. :v:

iminay
Dec 18, 2012

Guignol posted:

Did they send you a blue nunchuck with your blue wiimote? I ordered a blue set last week, but the website doesn't specifically say that the nunchuck is blue like it does for the white and black sets.

I ordered 2 wii-motes refurbed and ended up getting brand new motion plus controllers with the nunchucks. However on my second order for an aditional one I got a blue one instead. Contacted customer support and got it swapped out easily though so just contact them.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Kabanaw posted:

I got a blue back in December and it comes with a blue nunchuck.

Yesssss this is good news, thank you. I am a weirdo who wants all my poo poo to match all the time

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So people are going to have to wait until they get through at least 60 of the non training pushmo/pullblox's before they want to see anything new outside of the "push colour in" switch that is introduced at the same time as the "pull colour out" switch is.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What is pushmo

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

What is pushmo

A fun puzzle game for 3DS ("Pushmo in NA, Pullblox in EU") and now Wii U (Pushmo World/PullBlox World)

The puzzles are centered around pulling and pushing a varity of shaped blocks so you can climb to the top.

Pushmo is a superior name to Pullblox. :colbert:

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 19, 2014

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Guignol posted:

Yesssss this is good news, thank you. I am a weirdo who wants all my poo poo to match all the time

The one annoying thing is the wrist strap on the blue wiimotes is white.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Pushmo is a game that makes homicide on innocent people seem completely sane and understood.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Unless the later sets of puzzles get ridiculous, nah, this one is rather tame.

There were only 2 or 3 in the first 60 where I got most of the way up before realizing i'd hosed up and needed to start again.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Ugh I want to purchase Pushmo but it would be a waste to purchase it now when I could wait a few days and have it credited towards next year's Plat goal :(

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Argue posted:

Ugh I want to purchase Pushmo but it would be a waste to purchase it now when I could wait a few days and have it credited towards next year's Plat goal :(

Just buy it dude

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You usually have like 30 days to do a survey, you could buy now if you want

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I finally bought a Wii U - the refurbished one from Nintendo's site. There's a electronics store near where I live that sells used Wii plus remotes for cheap. Is there any downside to getting those? Like do the remotes get worse over time.

I'll be taking advantage of Target's sale next week and will hopefully have four games when this is all said and done.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

seiferguy posted:

I finally bought a Wii U - the refurbished one from Nintendo's site. There's a electronics store near where I live that sells used Wii plus remotes for cheap. Is there any downside to getting those? Like do the remotes get worse over time.

I'll be taking advantage of Target's sale next week and will hopefully have four games when this is all said and done.

Well any controller is going to get worse over time with heavy use. I rarely use my wiimotes so they work perfectly fine whenever I do need to use them. I'm also not flinging them around and smashing them into tvs though

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

seiferguy posted:

I have Wiimotes from like 2008 or so that work perfectly. I don't think there's anything to worry about regarding Wiimote longevity.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I have some old non-Plus Wii Remotes from back when the Wii first came out and they work well enough. Since I upgraded to Wii Remote Pluses they haven't been used as much, and they aren't worth enough to trade in for anything. Which brings me back to an earlier post I made:

Mercury Crusader posted:

Pro Tip: Do you happen to have extra non-plus Wii Remotes but don't wanna bother with trading them in for like $0.50 or whatever the going rate is? Grab some Wii Zapper shells (which I'm sure you can find dirt cheap as well) and make those remotes dedicated Wii Light Guns (tm) for maximum fun with your copy of Ghost Squad or House of the Dead: Overkill or whatever!

Light gun games rule.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

How's Deus Ex on the Wii U? I have it on PS3 but I'm considering it on the U.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It plays great, has all the DLC added and also comes with a full walkthrough that you can access on the gamepad at any time. I'm sure it's cheaper and looks nicer on a PC but for the consoles it's the best version available.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I don't know about specifically on the Wii U but the Director's cut is mostly just a patch for the existing game, there's not any new major content or anything.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Its the definitive version, but too expensive to be worth it currently. See if they drop the price by fall.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

greatn posted:

Its the definitive version, but too expensive to be worth it currently. See if they drop the price by fall.

I've seen it sold for $30. Is that still too much or better to wait for another drop.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

greatn posted:

It's $17 and free prime shipping on amazon.

e:

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Directors-u/dp/B00BORFD9Q

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's a good price. I only really buy games on eShop though, I'm waiting for it to be $20.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Skeezy posted:

How's Deus Ex on the Wii U? I have it on PS3 but I'm considering it on the U.

Looks and runs pretty good. It actually makes good use of the Gamepad by putting the majority of the menu stuff on the screen (map, inventory, etc). I don't own the PS3/360 version of the game, so I can't compare it to the other console versions, but I do have it on Steam and think the Gamepad stuff is great, but it doesn't look as good as the PC version obviously. I also mostly play as a non-lethal stealth guy, so I'm not as hampered by the lack of mouse aiming (I can't get used to dual analog controls at all).

Also, it's like $17 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Directors-u/dp/B00BORFD9Q/
EDIT: Beaten on the price thing

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 19, 2014

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there an easy way to farm coins for unlocks in Mario Kart?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

PRADA SLUT posted:

Local Multiplayer. All coins you and any of the other people playing with you get count toward the total.

EDIT: Bring it pusscake.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 19, 2014

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Play with 3 friends in local multiplayer. Everyone's coins count towards the total.

Edit: I'll kill you

Lemming fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 19, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Are Wiimotes compatible with Mario Kart 8?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Are Wiimotes compatible with Mario Kart 8?

Yup! By default, they're set to tilt controls, but I think you can set them to d-pad controls in the pause menu.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's 1001 Spikes? Is the Wii U version good or should I go with the PC one?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's 1001 Spikes? Is the Wii U version good or should I go with the PC one?

I bought it for Wii U and it seems to be fine. I didn't play it on PC though so I don't know the differences.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Yup! By default, they're set to tilt controls, but I think you can set them to d-pad controls in the pause menu.

If possible though, I'd suggest a Wii-Mote and Nunchuck set up over a lone Wiimote. You lose the option for tilt control (if that's something you really wanted) but no longer will have to lift up your thumb off the ignition button in order to press the drift / brake button.

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!
I'm looking to pick up a Wii U... what are the best deals / bundles out there right now?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I've had this for one day and my first impressions are great. What a quality piece of hardware, it all feels right, the battery in the controller is good enough for a play session and actually frames my play into manageable amounts of time. Beyond the hardware being designed well and the battery just happening to suit my lifestyle. I think the games are really high quality too, they aren't all my cup of tea but I am finding myself drawn to them. I almost even want to play the new 3D mario game with the cats in it, just because of how well made it is.

Mario kart 8 is the best mario kart of all time, hands down. The new donkey kong is the best donkey kong of all time. The new windwaker is the best windwaker, and Earthbound is available. Finally I can reliably watch Netflix on my tv.

It feels all fuzzy.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fitret posted:

I'm looking to pick up a Wii U... what are the best deals / bundles out there right now?

Mario Kart 8 bundle's probably the best deal without any sales, though I think Target's about to start selling the NSMBU bundle for 275 or so for next week.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ChaosArgate posted:

Mario Kart 8 bundle's probably the best deal without any sales, though I think Target's about to start selling the NSMBU bundle for 275 or so for next week.

Is that the bundle with just regular NSMBU or the one with Super Luigi U as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is that the bundle with just regular NSMBU or the one with Super Luigi U as well?

Pretty sure there was never a bundle with just NSMBU. Either way, yes, this also includes NSLU.

• Locked thread