Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Eldercain posted:

And it is called ???

I need this badly for my warrior.

The first one is, predictably, AMPFinder. The second one sounds like CommodityStats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Eldercain posted:

And it is called ???

I need this badly for my warrior.

AMP Finder.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I'm infected with Doublestep Syndrome (Down's for short) and now want a Spellslinger despite Trigger Fingers costing 4 months of subscription time since I just know Warriors's DPS is going to get overnerfed because these are the classic WoW designers and their tanking will suck til next year at the earliest and :ohdear:.

fake e: And also :qqsay:

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I just want an addon that lists the rewards for a challenge before I spend the time to complete one. Dye kits/decors or bust!

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Feeling good about going for Spellslinger now :D

Until I get to the point where I need Trigger Fingers :(

Still some distance away from that though at lvl25.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

folgore posted:

I just want an addon that lists the rewards for a challenge before I spend the time to complete one. Dye kits/decors or bust!

Tradeskill bag/sandwich/medishot isn't good enough for you?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Zephyrine posted:

Tradeskill bag/sandwich/medishot isn't good enough for you?

Honestly none of those are worth the bother. I seldom do challenges honestly, they kind of brake the pace of the game imo.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
At Level 50, Challenges become a lot more worthwhile.

In fact, if you want to get any crafting done, you're probably going to grind Challenges. Rewards in Illium scale to your level, so they're all easy Level 50 Crafting rewards. Notable bonuses include:

Free Eldan Elemental Signs
Infused Bones (go for 6 gold on the market each because for some dumb reason Outfitter is the only armour-craft profession that can't craft their secondary requirement)
A whole lot of other poo poo you probably won't use

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

First To The Pain AMP drops on my server and some chump sells it for 30g on the CX.

I was too slow.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

BaconPigbutt posted:

Honestly none of those are worth the bother. I seldom do challenges honestly, they kind of brake the pace of the game imo.

I've started cancelling challenges. When I have quest to kill 10 spiders and gather 20 units of wood. I don't want a challenge to kill 40 spiders that gives me no time to gather wood and in an area that may very well not even have 40 spiders in total if someone else had been there recently.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If you're having trouble with Attuning your Genesis key in Wilderrun on Guardian Pyralos, have a settler put down the highest tier campfire and stand next to it while he throws his insane circle things that you can't dodge because they cover the entire platform. It heals for 10k a tick and will keep you alive even through three stacks of that massive thing and fighting the guardian does not put you in combat!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

fadam posted:

First To The Pain AMP drops on my server and some chump sells it for 30g on the CX.

I was too slow.

I have a buy order up for about 48g right now. They keep going up though.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
To go back to this a few pages ago:

CLAMBO! posted:

So what's everyone using for Engineer PvE dps now that bolt caster got nerfed, and is there a Elitist Jerks equivilent for wildstar yet?
I never really liked the Bolt Caster/Bio Shell build. I recognized its potential for range, single-target, and mobility, but I didn't ever think it was the best overall DPS build. Let's look at what these abilities do for me now:

To get the highly damaging Tier 8 in Bolt Caster, I have to spend 5 points that I could have invested elsewhere. I tend not to run Electrocute Tier 8 for the same reason. I can pump Artillery Bot up to Tier 7 and Energy Auger to Tier 3 for the same cost. Granted, with max ability points, this is somewhat less of a concern, and I could get an additional 52 damage off of Electrocute in addition to that conditional periodic damage.

Now, you'll notice both 3 hits of a single Bolt Caster and a single hit from Bio Shell are less than 3 ticks of Electrocute. When a target loses its shields, you get a little buff to damage (142 per hit). In practice, there's roughly a 1.5s delay in being able to cast Bio Shell or recast Bolt Caster due to the global cooldown timer, so you can get in 3 ticks of Electrocute in that time frame.

Mid-rotation ends up being (with all hits connecting and assuming volatility up through abilities/amps): Bio Shell (GCD) Bolt Caster (GCD, -1.5s) Bolt Caster (GCD, -1.5s) Bolt Caster (GCD, -1.5s), repeat. Hitting an unshielded target, that's 16,466 base damage over ~6s.

Meanwhile, two channels of Electrocute is 15,840 base damage over ~6s. Yes, it's slightly higher (but almost entirely single-target) damage. This discounts the Tier 7 Artillery Bot damage over time and Tier 3 Energy Auger initial, of course. If I had Tier 8 in Electrocute, it would be 16,464 base damage from Electrocute alone.

e: p.s. if ya'll don't know this, the Tier level upgrade stats are terrible lies. Ex: it says +39/tick upgrade to Electrocute from Tier 7 to Tier 8, but it's actually +52.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 19, 2014

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

I've started cancelling challenges.
gently caress challenges! I cancel them immediately, unless I volunteer for them on a housing plot.

I'm a big baby. :smith:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheDK posted:

gently caress challenges! I cancel them immediately, unless I volunteer for them on a housing plot.

Really? I love challenges, level appropriate blue gear/amps/crafting stuff? A loving endtable that matches my drapes? Sign me the gently caress up!

Now a few challenges are bullshit, but "Kill xyz" or "Collect things off ground" can generally be cracked out in a matter of minutes. It's not really slowing my leveling down much, because I'm still killing poo poo.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

TheDK posted:

You are. You're the baby. Most of them are worth to at least bronze medal in whatever 30 to 90 seconds that takes. That said, running into a challenge in the middle of doing a completely unrelated quest isn't the greatest thing, and gets me off my groove when leveling a dude :smithicide:

Ihki fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 19, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Sometimes the game feels like a challenge minefield. You can't even touch a jukebox or a bottle on a table without spawning the "tap the most jukeboxes in the shortest time" or "gather bottles" challenge.

Heck I was out in the middle of the woods and I touched a lightbulb and I ended up started the "light as many lightbulbs as you can" challenge.

Can we get some interactive environment that isn't a challenge? Like where touching a jukebox just changes the ambience music for the room or touching a bottle makes you take a swig.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I've 100% each zone as much as I can (there are some bugs on number of Tales etc :argh:) and plan on going through each of the challenges. It's easier to complete them when you're several levels above the critters in the way.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Evil_Greven posted:

To go back to this a few pages ago:

I never really liked the Bolt Caster/Bio Shell build. I recognized its potential for range, single-target, and mobility, but I didn't ever think it was the best overall DPS build. Let's look at what these abilities do for me now: :words:
I really wanted to like the Bolt/Shell combo too. The biggest problem right now is that the cooldown reduction for T4 bolt is buggy. Sometimes it does not trigger, and sometimes it actually resets the Bioshell cooldown instead of reducing it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Challenges own and I do them all the time. Gathering items from the ground/enemies ones are usually super fast and you get rep and xp and loot. If the blue isn't something I want to gamble on, I take decor. If there's no decor, I take the crafting mats. The only ones I cancel are things like that loving red light green light one in wilderrun or when it's obvious I'm not going to kill 50 pell in 4 minutes or whatever. Even then there's no reason not to just let them run out of time naturally. If you stumble into a bronze or silver, why not take the free poo poo?

e: also what the gently caress hobo train. It's incredibly offensive and hilarious at the same time and who ok'd that?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Sometimes the game feels like a challenge minefield. You can't even touch a jukebox or a bottle on a table without spawning the "tap the most jukeboxes in the shortest time" or "gather bottles" challenge.

Heck I was out in the middle of the woods and I touched a lightbulb and I ended up started the "light as many lightbulbs as you can" challenge.

Can we get some interactive environment that isn't a challenge? Like where touching a jukebox just changes the ambience music for the room or touching a bottle makes you take a swig.

http://come2myhouse.tumblr.com/post/85858627235/anyone-else-get-mildly-stressed-out-by-the#notes

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Surprisingly spot on.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

I am a very dumb poo poo.

For the second time in a week I've forgotten to back up my two-step verification stuff and now I'm waiting for support to remove it.

I am not a clever man.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Challenges could be fun as gently caress and rewarding as hell. Instead they are neither.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 19, 2014

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
From the livestream, sounds like we're getting a patch this evening/early early Friday and they should have the notes up prior to roll out.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Stalker is a great class that will make a lovely alt. But, in the long run, and Granok eyebrow clipping issues aside, the Sawbones is kind of the best class in this game, thematically.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Zephyrine posted:

CHALLENGE BEGINS! - Drink until challenges seem fun and exciting! 0%

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FunkyFlashman posted:

Challenges could be fun as gently caress and rewarding as hell. Instead they are neither.

I don't know, it seems like you could farm out a full set of basic L50 blue gear in a couple of days of challenge rotations, and any items that sucked would be magically turned into gold. If you do a challenge loop you could probably get as much crafting stuff from challenges as you do actively hunting for nodes.

At level 46 I've made a plat just off of amp drops from malgrave (No trigger fingers unfortunately).

EDIT: Maybe I'm just looking at the bright side, but in most games I leveled in garbage quality gear, meanwhile in this one I'm covered in challenge blues/dungeon blues. The only change I'd make to the system is probably make them easier to track, maybe hover over them with a challenge icon when I'm about to do something that starts one, rather than ambush me with it.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 19, 2014

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

straw man posted:

Stalker is a great class that will make a lovely alt. But, in the long run, and Granok eyebrow clipping issues aside, the Sawbones is kind of the best class in this game, thematically.

The problem is that resonators look criminally stupid. They really should come with a backpack if they're going to hover over my character's back like a pair of luggage handles.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Besesoth posted:

CHALLENGE BEGINS! - Drink until challenges seem fun and exciting! 0%

poo poo but I already had 4 beers before I knew this challenge existed. Might as well finish it anyways.

Rhymenoserous posted:

EDIT: Maybe I'm just looking at the bright side, but in most games I leveled in garbage quality gear, meanwhile in this one I'm covered in challenge blues/dungeon blues. The only change I'd make to the system is probably make them easier to track, maybe hover over them with a challenge icon when I'm about to do something that starts one, rather than ambush me with it.

This is especially true for the ones that gently caress with the world or your controls as soon as they start.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

FunkyFlashman posted:

gently caress all this 100% optional loot/xp/AND money rewarding content that exists solely as 100% optional content!

I definitely enjoy the bunches of challenges I've found. There's a lot of "kill x number of y in z seconds" but there are also races, tracking stuff down, etc. I enjoy it. It's something to do besides just bash my head against the questing.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

folgore posted:

The problem is that resonators look criminally stupid. They really should come with a backpack if they're going to hover over my character's back like a pair of luggage handles.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
bearing in mind that my highest level character is my level 14 medic and i have virtually no goddamn idea about endgame (or, quite frankly, anything above level 14), based on what i've heard about medic interrupts...

let's say, theoretically, T4 paralytic surge removed two stacks of armor instead of T8. Would medics be better then? What if innate reset the cooldown? Is bursting down four stacks too much?

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

folgore posted:

they're space angel wings... chua medics are tiny cherubs

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

bearing in mind that my highest level character is my level 14 medic and i have virtually no goddamn idea about endgame (or, quite frankly, anything above level 14), based on what i've heard about medic interrupts...

let's say, theoretically, T4 paralytic surge removed two stacks of armor instead of T8. Would medics be better then? What if innate reset the cooldown? Is bursting down four stacks too much?

Most people can easily remove 4-5 stacks so buffing surge up to 2 would still put them behind and a large number of dungeon bosses are based around timing your stuns right.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

Just play whatever you want, guys. Buffs and nerfs will even out everything in the end.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm not saying "I refuse to play medics unless they fix this", quite frankly it's more fun to not have many interrupts since it means I need to move more. I'm just asking what would bring them up to par with other classes because I don't actually know.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
It's not really just the number of stacks it removes, it's more that medic just has the one single interrupt cooldown that needs a big points investment to be just okay while other classes have multiple options for cheap

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Thumbtacks posted:

For soloing, this would bear no difference to the current state of things, as all mobs you'll run into in world PvE either have zero or two points of interrupt armor. At zero, you'll punch through it, at two, you never will. In raid PvE, it would do very little because nobody wants you to be a DPS medic, your DPS will kind of suck butt anyway. Your damage just scales poorly.

That said, anything people are complaining about when it comes to medic DPS is concerning endgame gameplay. You can be a sperg powergamer getting a decent 1-50 solo leveling time with your AoE leveling spec. I don't think medics' issue is how they have poo poo for interrupts (which they do), it's how their only interrupt is really bad, one of the worst, and how their damage skills don't scale that well.

e: sorry, missed the last two sentences. Getting rid of four stacks of IA might be a big deal situationally, but I don't think it would make being a DPS medic a very attractive idea just yet. Going with your idea, I don't think it makes much sense to earmark medic's innate ability to buff up a singular ability that is kind of poo poo without it. It should just be better without it, period.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

socialsecurity posted:

Most people can easily remove 4-5 stacks so buffing surge up to 2 would still put them behind and a large number of dungeon bosses are based around timing your stuns right.

The only class that can "easily" remove 4-5 stacks without seriously hamstringing their dps is Warrior which is getting looked at, though. Interrupts were supposed to be group syncing up one interrupt, not all dps being able to do it on their own.

• Locked thread