Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I probably posted the thread too early, but Mario Marathon 7 starts tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
1001 Spikes doesn't have off TV play though, which is bullshit.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is Mario World 3D just out in the UK or something? All the usual online stores outside of amazon seem to have low or none left in stock.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

CaptainYesterday posted:

I probably posted the thread too early, but Mario Marathon 7 starts tomorrow.

Poor shmucks are gonna conflict with SGDQ for like two or three days. As much as I love Mario Marathon, they don't stand a chance :(

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Kin posted:

Is Mario World 3D just out in the UK or something? All the usual online stores outside of amazon seem to have low or none left in stock.
Most stores I've been to in the last month have had lower stock than usual for all Wii U games, the MK8 surge has made things pick up a lot :mario:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Fitret posted:

I'm looking to pick up a Wii U... what are the best deals / bundles out there right now?

If you want a Wii U and can wait until Sunday, Target is the place to go. I'm planning on picking up the NSMBU + NSLBU + Wii U deluxe bundle. Then I'll pick up MK8 and 3D World. I'm planning to redeem MK8 for Pikmin 3 and I'm not totally sure what my free game from Target will be from the buy 2 get 1 deal, but I'm looking at DKC Tropical Freeze. If my math is right, this comes out to a cool $395.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 19, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kin posted:

I'm guessing the MK8 release and E3 hype probably pushed up sales a bit.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im going to watch plex on my wii u today. Hell, i might even play some games on it too.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Louisgod posted:

I'm guessing the MK8 release and E3 hype probably pushed up sales a bit.

What am I missing on the E3 hype train? I think I watched the Nintendo E3 videos and mainly what I saw was Zeldo to be released next year. The Wii U subreddit is all 100% zeldo themed, so that's what the E3 hype was right?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Yaoi Mandel posted:

im going to watch plex on my wii u today. Hell, i might even play some games on it too.

Play Mario Kart with goons

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Lemming posted:

im going to finish up this season of Louie while I fold laundry and clean my room. After that, well I just might play some Mario Kart

add wulgus for fun and games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greatn posted:

1001 Spikes doesn't have off TV play though, which is bullshit.

It's coming in an update according to the devs on Miiverse.

Pushmo World is great and a must for any of you that like puzzle platformers. It's a bit weird playing without 3D though.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Nolgthorn posted:

What am I missing on the E3 hype train? I think I watched the Nintendo E3 videos and mainly what I saw was Zeldo to be released next year. The Wii U subreddit is all 100% zeldo themed, so that's what the E3 hype was right?
There were a lot of good games shown like Splatoon, New Zelda, Captain Toad, Mario Maker, Yarn Yoshi, New Kirby, Mario Party 10 and teasers for New Star Fox.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I want to take advantage of the Target B2G1 but I don't know what to even get.

I've got:
Wind Waker
Pikmin
ZombiU
SM3DW
MarioKart
Wonderful 101
and uhhh Wii Party U or whatever it's called from the MarioKart deal

I want Donkey Kong but I can't really think of anything else that's good enough to justify it. I'm not missing out on anything cool and fun, right?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Yaoi Mandel posted:

im going to finish up this season of Louie while I fold laundry and clean my room. After that, well I just might play some Mario Kart

Go do this thing http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3638782

Sockser posted:

I want to take advantage of the Target B2G1 but I don't know what to even get.

I've got:
Wind Waker
Pikmin
ZombiU
SM3DW
MarioKart
Wonderful 101
and uhhh Wii Party U or whatever it's called from the MarioKart deal

I want Donkey Kong but I can't really think of anything else that's good enough to justify it. I'm not missing out on anything cool and fun, right?

If you have friends to play video games with in real life get Nintendo Land. The local multiplayer games are amazingly fun

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Yaoi Mandel posted:

c'mon buddy, join us tonight, it's pretty fun.

Nolgthorn posted:

Well they basically live streamed their whole show that had developers showcasing all of their games that weren't behind closed doors, so they set the stage for people to get hyped for what's coming out this year but especially 2015. They were just more open and available than any other company and I think it paid off big time for them. Also the Smash Bros tournament probably didn't hurt.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's coming in an update according to the devs on Miiverse.

Pushmo World is great and a must for any of you that like puzzle platformers. It's a bit weird playing without 3D though.
I could never play it with 3D as it always had the worst ghosting issues for me, so this is somehow far more comfortable than original Pullblox was.

Corrin (kid in red hat) is somehow a FAR better tutor than Papa Blox (old man in purple) is. Former only gave me like a line of dialogue for actually new mechanics compared to the latter spending the first set of puzzles talking my ears off on stuff I learnt in the last game.

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!

ChaosArgate posted:

Mario Kart 8 bundle's probably the best deal without any sales, though I think Target's about to start selling the NSMBU bundle for 275 or so for next week.

The Mario Kart 8 bundle appears to be sold out everywhere - is there someplace that still has it?

And yeah, it seems like waiting until Sunday is best based on the other deal, but I still may go buy it today (not sure if I'll get NSMBU yet).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nolgthorn posted:

I've had this for one day and my first impressions are great. What a quality piece of hardware, it all feels right, the battery in the controller is good enough for a play session and actually frames my play into manageable amounts of time. Beyond the hardware being designed well and the battery just happening to suit my lifestyle. I think the games are really high quality too, they aren't all my cup of tea but I am finding myself drawn to them. I almost even want to play the new 3D mario game with the cats in it, just because of how well made it is.

Mario kart 8 is the best mario kart of all time, hands down. The new donkey kong is the best donkey kong of all time. The new windwaker is the best windwaker, and Earthbound is available. Finally I can reliably watch Netflix on my tv.

It feels all fuzzy.

The "Mario game with the cats in it" is the best drat Mario game since Mario 64. It's very reminiscent of Super Mario World (which is the best Mario ever :colbert:). You're doing yourself a great disservice by dismissing it as a babby game for babbies.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Nolgthorn posted:

I've had this for one day and my first impressions are great. What a quality piece of hardware, it all feels right, the battery in the controller is good enough for a play session and actually frames my play into manageable amounts of time. Beyond the hardware being designed well and the battery just happening to suit my lifestyle. I think the games are really high quality too, they aren't all my cup of tea but I am finding myself drawn to them. I almost even want to play the new 3D mario game with the cats in it, just because of how well made it is.

Mario kart 8 is the best mario kart of all time, hands down. The new donkey kong is the best donkey kong of all time. The new windwaker is the best windwaker, and Earthbound is available. Finally I can reliably watch Netflix on my tv.

It feels all fuzzy.

if you choose NSMBU over 3D World you don't deserve a wii u

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Silver Falcon posted:

The "Mario game with the cats in it" is the best drat Mario game since Mario 64. It's very reminiscent of Super Mario World (which is the best Mario ever :colbert:). You're doing yourself a great disservice by dismissing it as a babby game for babbies.

I don't think that's what he was necessarily implying. He just forgot the name is all. :v:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Silver Falcon posted:

i mean yea its great and all but its no mario galaxy 2

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is this how everyone is playing mario kart? Whenever I check it out its empty.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Lemming posted:

If you guys are playing tonight I'm down for losing a few matches

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Definitely going to try and grab a deal at Target on Sunday morning. The plan is:

-$275 Wii U with NSMBU/NSLU
-Buy Mario Kart and SM3DW for $60 each, get Tropical Freeze for free
-Get Zelda with the Mario Kart promo

Other than Pikmin 3 (not a fan of Pikmin), anything I might want to consider instead of Tropical Freeze for the freebie?

Here's hoping everything doesn't sell out. I'll probably get there right at opening, but if word gets out I have a feeling things could be chaotic.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Mario game with cats in it features a furry suit that basically turns you into not-mario, you become super powered and can do infinity different things. Including at the end of a stage it just automatically climbs up to the top of the flag pole for you. The only thing more powerful than that thing that constantly makes cat noises (so cute) is the ridiculous white tanooki suit. The white tanooki suit if for after babby walks into too many enemies on the way to the other side of the level, it shows up on every level, it makes you invincible.

It looks like an expertly crafted and beautiful game, but it also appears to me to be an exceedingly easy game for which bragging rights are completely gone. Why someone would suggest it is better than SMG or even SMG2 is I dunno, strange to me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If you get the white tanooki suit you can't get shiny stars, so everyone knows you cheated.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Nolgthorn posted:

Mario game with cats in it features a furry suit that basically turns you into not-mario, you become super powered and can do infinity different things. Including at the end of a stage it just automatically climbs up to the top of the flag pole for you. The only thing more powerful than that thing that constantly makes cat noises (so cute) is the ridiculous white tanooki suit. The white tanooki suit if for after babby walks into too many enemies on the way to the other side of the level, it shows up on every level, it makes you invincible.

It looks like an expertly crafted and beautiful game, but it also appears to me to be an exceedingly easy game for which bragging rights are completely gone. Why someone would suggest it is better than SMG or even SMG2 is I dunno, strange to me.

You haven't even played the loving game and you are ignoring the opinions of people who actually have to form your own completely wrong opinion, you colossal moron

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So the connected and Yin-Yang blox feel like pretty drat natural evolutions of the game. Timed blox feel weird and different and result in a more stressful but rather different way of puzzle.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

The Cosmic Guide in SMG2 literally plays the levels for you, and you're mad about the White Tanooki Suit?

e: An Exceedingly Easy Game (end-game spoilers)

deadwing fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 20, 2014

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Yaoi Mandel posted:

You haven't even played the loving game and you are ignoring the opinions of people who actually have to form your own completely wrong opinion, you colossal moron

It isn't really like you made the game you know. I've been probated just for posting in this forum maybe I should :getout:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nolgthorn posted:

The multiplayer is a good reason.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

It isn't really like you made the game you know.
The gently caress does this even mean, I'm racking my brain here.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The final level in 3D World is harder then anything in Galaxy 1 or 2.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SeANMcBAY posted:

The final level in 3D World is harder then anything in Galaxy 1 or 2.

Not if you've been hardened by Land of The Livid Dead.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Super Mario 3D World (the Mario game with kitties! :3: ) is a game made for all players at all skills levels, and I think Nintendo did a great job implementing that idea. The game has a lot of level variety and the challenge ranges from collecting everything in a stage and beating it your first time to significantly frustrating. For kids if they die a bunch the White Tanooki suit appears so they can beat the level and see (most of) the rest of the game. There's never a time when the suit is forced on you if you don't want to use it. I would know, I'd died way more than enough times to get it to show up. Freaking extra world green stars, man!

I keep screwing up Mystery House Marathon and having to play the whole thing again...why would you do this to me, Nintendo?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CatsPajamas posted:

I keep screwing up Mystery House Marathon and having to play the whole thing again...why would you do this to me, Nintendo?

I've done a no-hit run of the final level as Toad but the final Mystery House is just too much for me. :negative:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
"I have never played this video game: it is bad"

"actually it's good, you should try it"

"hmm no it's bad"

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
To each his/her own I guess but Nolgthorn is bringing some strange vibes to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Toki Tori 2+ is 80% off on my eshop? Toki Tori 2+ is on my WiiU homescreen

• Locked thread