Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Hey guys, I'm selling some Space Marine vehicles at the SA mart. Please buy my used crap! They'd be pretty much perfect for Orky vehicles, if so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Teabag posted:

This is why Orks need body acceptance. We can't all fit into your Imperial standard size 0 terminator armour! #Orkyatallsizes

What about the grots? Sure, orks have problems but they never know the fear of being killed by their own weapon or of the smaller ones accidentally sucked up by a shok attack gun.

#YesAllGrots

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

LordAba posted:

What about the grots? Sure, orks have problems but they never know the fear of being killed by their own weapon or of the smaller ones accidentally sucked up by a shok attack gun.

#YesAllGrots

Oh sure, blame us Orks! The majority of grots are killed by imperial weapons! And maybe the grot shouldn't have been standing so close to the big mek! #NotAllOrks

(I'm so, so sorry...)

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Sulecrist posted:

*IIRC, Kill Team originally came out in a series of White Dwarf articles, and it pitted an elite squad against a platoon of bumbling goons rolling three dudes deep. It was pretty awesome but there wasn't much to customize on the defender side except that you could have Elite Mooks and a Boss and stuff. I can't remember how much of that made it into the 4th Edition book, but the 4th Edition rules were for much more symmetrical forces, as I recall.

Yeah, basically. The enemy team had squads of 3 basic grunts (Tac Marines, Necron Warriors, Guardsmen, etc), with the starting number being determined by the army, Marines had fewer squads than IG for example. Then you had a small point allotment to spend on a boss guy.

The Kill Team had a point limit and certain "hard" and "soft" rules they had to follow. Hard rules (IIRC things like no HQ or psykers, no MC's) could never be broken. Soft rules (no 3+ shot guns, no heavy guns, no 3+ wound models) could be broken, but gave the enemy more mook squads and more points to spend of the boss.

Game started, units moved randomly and had limited "view". As the KT did noisy stuff like firing guns, assaulting and not wiping a team, using jump packs, alarm counters built up and increased view distance, and there was some sort of mechanic to fight over control of the movement of the mooks. If the KT was ever spotted, the defender got full control of the mooks and could swarm the KT. There were a bunch of scenarios and objectives, it was pretty cool.

Then they turned it into a rehash of 40k in 40 Minutes. Woo.

Edit: As I recall you could take a kill team of like 4 Deathwing, which each broke 2 rules (2+ armor and an invul save) at least. Try and just brute force through since you basically gave the enemy team a shitload of mooks and a super-badass boss from all the extra points. All sorts of fun stuff.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 19, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The Orks only use one hashtag.

#WAAAGH! :orks101:

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

The Gate posted:

Yeah, basically. The enemy team had squads of 3 basic grunts (Tac Marines, Necron Warriors, Guardsmen, etc), with the starting number being determined by the army, Marines had fewer squads than IG for example. Then you had a small point allotment to spend on a boss guy.

The Kill Team had a point limit and certain "hard" and "soft" rules they had to follow. Hard rules (IIRC things like no HQ or psykers, no MC's) could never be broken. Soft rules (no 3+ shot guns, no heavy guns, no 3+ wound models) could be broken, but gave the enemy more mook squads and more points to spend of the boss.

Game started, units moved randomly and had limited "view". As the KT did noisy stuff like firing guns, assaulting and not wiping a team, using jump packs, alarm counters built up and increased view distance, and there was some sort of mechanic to fight over control of the movement of the mooks. If the KT was ever spotted, the defender got full control of the mooks and could swarm the KT. There were a bunch of scenarios and objectives, it was pretty cool.

Then they turned it into a rehash of 40k in 40 Minutes. Woo.

Edit: As I recall you could take a kill team of like 4 Deathwing, which each broke 2 rules (2+ armor and an invul save) at least. Try and just brute force through since you basically gave the enemy team a shitload of mooks and a super-badass boss from all the extra points. All sorts of fun stuff.

Yeah this was an awesome variant. I wish the BRB included rules for things like this still.

I thought it was no multi-wound models and your vehicles had to have AV of less than 33 total. So you could include things like Sentinels and War Walkers, but could only really use them after your enemy had discovered you.

I remember carving up hordes of guardsmen with some necron wraiths back in the day. It was totally one sided, because the game mechanics took away the thing that made guard good - massed firepower. Then my buddy would bring out Marbo or some poo poo and ruin my warriors. It felt more like a 90's action movie than 40K and was a nice change.

E: I've still got my fourth ed book. Going to look this poo poo up this weekend.

OB_Juan posted:

The Orks only use one hashtag.

#WAAAGH! :orks101:

Check your WAAGH privilege!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Bringing my Tyranids to a 1500pt Ork battle with my freshly painted third Biovore so I can break out the Living Artillery Formation. The removal of the ADL and the addition of more Biovores make the points total weird, so I figured I'd play around with some added blast/template shots on the Tervigon and add in another ML2 unit for 7 dice to cast.

HQ:
Hive Tyrant 170 (230pts)
++Twin-linked Devourer 15pts
++Twin-linked Devourer 15pts
++Wings 30pts

Elite:
2x Venomthrope 90pts

2x Zoanthrope 100pts

Zoanthrope 50pts

Troops:
30x Termagant 120pts

Tervigon 195pts (225pts)
++Cluster Spines 5pts
++Miasma Cannon 25pts

Fast Attack:
Hive Crone 155pts

Harpy 135pts (140pts)
++Twin-Linked Venom Cannon 5pts

Living Artillery Formation
3x Tyranid Warrior 90pts (100pts)
++Barbed Strangler 10pts

Exocrine 170pts

3x Biovore 120pts

Total Points: 1500pts

I look forward to blowing up a LOT of Orks.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Esser-Z posted:

What you quoted had... nothing to do with my potentially-bad idea? Yeah, it might look bad! I recognize that, but I figure there's no harm in dry-fitting it if I can get cheap parts, to see just how bad, or not, it looks.

I mean, it's not like all Orks have the same proportions anyway! I've got heads I'm not using, so I figure if I can get a cheap enough body I might like it!

I'm getting my Warboss next week when I get paid, and I'll definitely post pictures when he's painted. I just thought it'd be fun to share my ideas, y'know? I don't HAVE some of my minis quite yet, so I can't start painting 'em, and the ones I DO have so far are not actually Warhams, so I didn't post 'em in this thread. :v:

Personally I'd rather see potentially dumb ideas posted than more arugments about GW-as-a-company!

Ugh, excuse me could you please stop posting about your interesting and enthusiastic ideas about this hobby? Cheers.

The thread would like to get back to endless discussions over which units are cost effective for their points, and the delicate critiques of army lists, ugh.

*shits pants*

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Cooked Auto posted:

Man, I'm starting to love French bit retailers more and more. Ordered the turret last weekend, shipped Monday and arrived today in clamshell packaging too which I didn't expect at all. :D
Need to order the magnets for that later.

And then I got the Leman Russ rescue hull in the mail as well which I need to do some simple repairs to and repaint before I've got a Vanquisher ready to roll.
Then I might be getting an old Krieg Quartermaster from a friend as well.

So many projects and I won't be able to work on any of them until August because I'll be too tired after work to do anything worthwhile. :sigh:

Which retailers, s'il vous plaît?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Apollodorus posted:

Which retailers, s'il vous plaît?

http://www.bitzarium.com/
http://eurobitz.com/en/

Bitzarium is the one where I got the Demolisher turret from in this case.
Should be noted that eurobitz has some issues with paypal last time I ordered from them.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Moola posted:

Ugh, excuse me could you please stop posting about your interesting and enthusiastic ideas about this hobby? Cheers.

The thread would like to get back to endless discussions over which units are cost effective for their points, and the delicate critiques of army lists, ugh.

*shits pants*

It's more of a "nut up or shut up" dealie where people would rather see conversions (however misguided) than endless posts of hemming and hawing.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Speaking of conversions, I have now ruined about six different guns in an attempt to give my Scout Sergeant a combi-plasma. I have to be careful since the dumb Scout box comes with only four sets of gun arms so I can't let anything go to waste. I haven't yet found a version that doesn't either look a ridiculous Nerf gun or have the ejection port and muzzles in completely insane places. Going to take another crack at it tonight, but I may end just hacking off the top and giving him one of the combi-weapon components from the new tactical squad.

Now I wish I had pictures.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

Speaking of conversions, I have now ruined about six different guns in an attempt to give my Scout Sergeant a combi-plasma. I have to be careful since the dumb Scout box comes with only four sets of gun arms so I can't let anything go to waste. I haven't yet found a version that doesn't either look a ridiculous Nerf gun or have the ejection port and muzzles in completely insane places. Going to take another crack at it tonight, but I may end just hacking off the top and giving him one of the combi-weapon components from the new tactical squad.

Unless you want it done immediately you could also pick up a combiplasma bit from the Sternguard kit off eBay.

Edit:
Hell, I'm picking up a Sternguard box tonight--want a combiplasma bit?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Unless you want it done immediately you could also pick up a combiplasma bit from the Sternguard kit off eBay.

Edit:
Hell, I'm picking up a Sternguard box tonight--want a combiplasma bit?

I actually have like four of the Sternguard combiplasmas, but I want the hands to be Scout hands so they match, and also the Scout guns attach to the left arms at the wrist instead of the palm. That's my worst case scenario, though, if I just can't carve the Scout boltgun to work. Thanks anyway!

Edit: I love that Sternguard box. I know some people have criticized how baroque and over the top everything is but I really like it; the dudes inside feel how Space Marines are always depicted in the fluff. Enjoy!

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 19, 2014

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have a scout sergeant converted to use a combi-weapon. I just cut off a pistol while keeping the hand and replaced it. It's an easy conversion as long as you don't mind the guy waving a knife or chainsword around.

SRM posted:

It's more of a "nut up or shut up" dealie where people would rather see conversions (however misguided) than endless posts of hemming and hawing.

This reminds me that I really wish I had a decent light box to take pictures with. I'd like to show off some of my recent conversions, but my pictures are just dark and awful.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 19, 2014

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
30k chat: So I'm thinking about doing an Iron warrior allied detachment for my AdMech, what would be my best bet for the HQ? No real points value yet, just trying to get the general idea. So far I'm thinking some of the siege cataphractii with those cyclones, iron havoks, a squad of marines and maybe a fire raptor. Obviously I'll trim whatever is needed depending on how many points the game is.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

I have a scout sergeant converted to use a combi-weapon. I just cut off a pistol while keeping the hand and replaced it. It's an easy conversion as long as you don't mind the guy waving a knife or chainsword around.

I have a couple marines firing one-handed and I think it looks kind of dopey, but because I am a horrible goon fluff bunny I don't mind so much because they are wearing power armor. I don't think I could live with myself if I had Carapace-armored Scouts firing bolt rifles one-handed.

Edit: I mean, I bet they could.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 19, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Attach the end of a plasma pistol to his forehead. Like he has some kind of plasma gopro.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Like a plasma Dalek.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Sulecrist posted:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Sternguard-Veteran-Weapons

Just in case you're interested.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone taken a crack at some escalation league rules for 7th edition yet? My group is looking at starting one this fall and I'll run it but I'd like to see what others have come up with for dealing with the introduction of things like unbound lists, demon summoning spam and Lords of War.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If any of you shitbirds want the space hulk game on steam it's currently in a humble bundle if you pay $6 or more.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly...cdf98f-97545649

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Hencoe posted:

30k chat: So I'm thinking about doing an Iron warrior allied detachment for my AdMech, what would be my best bet for the HQ? No real points value yet, just trying to get the general idea. So far I'm thinking some of the siege cataphractii with those cyclones, iron havoks, a squad of marines and maybe a fire raptor. Obviously I'll trim whatever is needed depending on how many points the game is.

If you're already playing Mechanicus, there's no real reason to bring a Warsmith (unless you're in love with Shatter Defenses, or something). Tyrant Siege terminators are good but do note that the 30k cyclone launchers can't be fired with their combi-bolters. Iron Havocs are good, Deadly Aim is a pretty useful rule. I want to like their Rite but it pushes you into such a narrow corner with the units you can take it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

That combi-plasma looks a lot stupider than the one I made last night (and destroyed this morning :smith:). And it doesn't solve the hand problem. Maybe I should've quit while I was ahead.

The last thing I'll try before using the plastic combi-plas mod is replacing the top front quarter with the good parts of a carefully sliced plasma pistol. I'm still worried the ejection port will look dumb though.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Cataphract posted:

Attach the end of a plasma pistol to his forehead. Like he has some kind of plasma gopro.

WHERE IS MY SKULL GUN?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Saalkin posted:

If any of you shitbirds want the space hulk game on steam it's currently in a humble bundle if you pay $6 or more.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly...cdf98f-97545649

It's also on sale for $4 on iOS as is Talisman.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Fix posted:

It's also on sale for $4 on iOS as is Talisman.

Are either of them any good?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sulecrist posted:

Are either of them any good?

No idea.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_COMBI-WEAPONS.html

This pack could work as an option, too.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fix posted:

No idea.

SH is a pretty great port of the boardgame but there are long animation times and the genestealer AI is terrible.

I've not played the talisman app but as a board game talisman involves a lot of dice rolling and very little decision making or skill. It was super fun to play when I was 12 but it doesn't really hold up to the standards of stuff that gets released nowadays.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
You REALLY should just be buying this if you want combi-weapons.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_87&product_id=277

Cheap, fantastic quality, holes for magnetizing, extra bits.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Cataphract posted:

SH is a pretty great port of the boardgame but there are long animation times and the genestealer AI is terrible.

I've not played the talisman app but as a board game talisman involves a lot of dice rolling and very little decision making or skill. It was super fun to play when I was 12 but it doesn't really hold up to the standards of stuff that gets released nowadays.

I think you meant to say the best game, seriously. You climb a tower and kill a dragon. That's loving awesome.

I've still got my original Talisman with Dragon Tower. It is amazing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey guys, just a heads up: I have begun an SAMart selloff thread. Going to be unloading big lots of models at steadily decreasing prices. Starting with some space elves, but more on the way!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Fix posted:

Hey guys, just a heads up: I have begun an SAMart selloff thread. Going to be unloading big lots of models at steadily decreasing prices. Starting with some space elves, but more on the way!

Dammit Fix, don't sell your Orks until after the codex drops.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CyberLord XP posted:

Dammit Fix, don't sell your Orks until after the codex drops.

It's just an Ork army, not all of my Ork armies.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm pretty sure Fix owns several warehouses worth of Warhammer stuff. He can sell it all month and he'll still have more than the rest of us combined.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

If you're already playing Mechanicus, there's no real reason to bring a Warsmith (unless you're in love with Shatter Defenses, or something). Tyrant Siege terminators are good but do note that the 30k cyclone launchers can't be fired with their combi-bolters. Iron Havocs are good, Deadly Aim is a pretty useful rule. I want to like their Rite but it pushes you into such a narrow corner with the units you can take it doesn't seem to be worth it.

I planned on just shooting missiles anyways, since they are sworn brothers I can attach my archmagos to it right? Debating on the master of signal for the HQ, there is just so much cool poo poo, but not all of it meshes. Also forgot that fire raptors are heavy support and not fast attack so its looking like just iron havocs with a cyber occularis nearby to grant them the +1 bs from Djinn skein if needed.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Hey, cool people, my ex-fiance is so brainsick she's staying away from home with a creepy rapist, (he date raped her knowing she had a fiance, knowing she was distraught, knowing she is mentally ill, knowing it would cause her intense pain, et cetera) so I'm building my escape pod and getting the gently caress outta here. She already tried to get the fuzz involved again and they laughed her out of the precinct but I need to be not-dead and not-locktup (I want to die but hey why not keep being on this poo poo planet).

I may be back in NYC but I'm probably gone for good, gently caress Satan Island. :rip:

Props to Chigurg.' I shall live on with you through posts of my fully painted jihad horsies in the future. If I'm back around I'll let you know ahead of time for games.

If you're ever in Tha Murda Mitten state there are several really great gaming clubs, including one place that actually manufactures its own minis and own gaming system.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
move to new jersey our cost of living is ridiculous and in exchange everything loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Hey, cool people, my ex-fiance is so brainsick she's staying away from home with a creepy rapist, (he date raped her knowing she had a fiance, knowing she was distraught, knowing she is mentally ill, knowing it would cause her intense pain, et cetera) so I'm building my escape pod and getting the gently caress outta here. She already tried to get the fuzz involved again and they laughed her out of the precinct but I need to be not-dead and not-locktup (I want to die but hey why not keep being on this poo poo planet).

I may be back in NYC but I'm probably gone for good, gently caress Satan Island. :rip:

Props to Chigurg.' I shall live on with you through posts of my fully painted jihad horsies in the future. If I'm back around I'll let you know ahead of time for games.

If you're ever in Tha Murda Mitten state there are several really great gaming clubs, including one place that actually manufactures its own minis and own gaming system.

Man, I mean we're supportive and all but maybe start a E/N thread or something. Cause like every couple of pages you come in and bare your soul and problems but I dunno if the Warhammer 40k thread where we talk about plastic mens is the best place to do it.

I really hope that you like , get help , or whatever you need to get out of the situation you are in but if you need actual help you should ask like in E/N or something cause we are like barely functional manchildren who play with little dolls.

It's not that I'm being cold and callus it's just like , oh got a alert :stare:.

Edit:

Please don't kill yourself.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 20, 2014

• Locked thread