Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I mean I know it's more of a warrior gimmick but it makes more sense for medic innate to reset certain CDs, especially healing ones for general triage purposes.

Which I guess it does, in a way, with full actuators.

I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Stealthed Zombie posted:

From the livestream, sounds like we're getting a patch this evening/early early Friday and they should have the notes up prior to roll out.

What livestream?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

PaganGoatPants posted:

What livestream?

On Tuesdays and Thursdays Carbine just does short, one hour livestreams. I forget what each one is called. They're on around 10AM Pacific time. They're not crazy exciting or anything, they just played Strain content on this one and made bad jokes and then an ops guy came on and was like "yeah we hope to have a patch out tonight and we're working on getting the notes up prior to deploying it" or something. Seemed like it might be a big patch, and they could still get the no go from QA so we will see.

EDIT: I think they're not rolling it out proper until early Friday morning though, I don't think they'd disrupt primetime, but then again who knows.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

I wonder if I'll ever be able to make the settlers cap work with that outfit. Doesn't seem likely.

Does anyone know where the Whitevale biome fabkit comes from? is it built or some drop?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Does anyone know where the Whitevale biome fabkit comes from? is it built or some drop?

Whitevale rep vendor.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
From max faction in Whitevale.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Rhymenoserous posted:

Whitevale rep vendor.

Thanks.

If I had guessed. It would have been something like that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Good job carbine. Buddy got banned who has a level 16 and has played maybe 20 hours total.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

Holyshoot posted:

Good job carbine. Buddy got banned who has a level 16 and has played maybe 20 hours total.

Yes it was totally carbine's fault right

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am pretty sure they had a big long post about whose fault this would be.

Perhaps your buddy should stop cheating.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Use two factor authentication

Don't cheat. (we've already kicked people for botting)

Don't do something Carbine would ban you for is a pretty good rule to live by in general.

If he honestly got banned and he did nothing wrong talking to support never hurts.

Complaining on SA about how you (or your friend) totally didn't do it and then revealing a day later "oh, i was hacked and my character was sending spam mails" isn't going to do you any good.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Doublestep posted:

Use two factor authentication

Don't cheat. (we've already kicked people for botting)

Don't do something Carbine would ban you for is a pretty good rule to live by in general.

If he honestly got banned and he did nothing wrong talking to support never hurts.

Complaining on SA about how you (or your friend) totally didn't do it and then revealing a day later "oh, i was hacked and my character was sending spam mails" isn't going to do you any good.

That's what he'll be doing. Sucks when the innocents get hit and its his only day off to play and now he has to wait for support. And if he was cheating pretty sure he wouldn't buy a credd for plat or be a higher level then 16 botting. But I gave no context so I don't blame the others for assuming.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

That's what he'll be doing. Sucks when the innocents get hit and its his only day off to play and now he has to wait for support. And if he was cheating pretty sure he wouldn't buy a credd for plat or be a higher level then 16 botting. But I gave no context so I don't blame the others for assuming.

Having enough plat to buy credd at level 16 is a bit suspicious. Not saying its impossible if he took advantage of the old Architect vendor prices or heavily played the AH but for reference on each character I got to 16 I was at around 10 gold total on each of them, barely enough for a mount.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fried Sushi posted:

Having enough plat to buy credd at level 16 is a bit suspicious. Not saying its impossible if he took advantage of the old Architect vendor prices or heavily played the AH but for reference on each character I got to 16 I was at around 10 gold total on each of them, barely enough for a mount.

Used RL money to buy it to sell for gold. (To dismiss the people accusing of gold buying). I wonder if they just blanket banned anyone without two factor auth. Anyone else in here without that get banned or are still around?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Science Horse just got even more amazing.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

Used RL money to buy it to sell for gold. (To dismiss the people accusing of gold buying). I wonder if they just blanket banned anyone without two factor auth. Anyone else in here without that get banned or are still around?

Ahh gotcha, misread it as he bought the Credd with plat. I put two factor auth on my account day one but I know of a couple other people that were hacked and banned before this round of bans and its because they didn't have 2 factor and someone was using their account to send gold selling spam. So it is possible he got hit with that as well.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Holyshoot posted:

I wonder if they just blanket banned anyone without two factor auth.

Your friend got keylogged and a devious chinaman used his account to bot farm.

Carbine isn't banning everyone who doesnt have two factor auth, holy poo poo. But the only people getting compromised are those without two factor.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Jesus, PvP kills my right-mouse-button finger. So much spinning.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Your friend cheated or got hacked by someone who cheated. Tell him to stop being an idiot and use the auth.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Doublestep posted:

Your friend got keylogged and a devious chinaman used his account to bot farm.

Carbine isn't banning everyone who doesnt have two factor auth, holy poo poo. But the only people getting compromised are those without two factor.

Nope he gets an email every time he logs in and didn't get key logged (if you have half a brain about computers its not hard to not get keylogged). Just lazy about putting on two factor auth.

Edit: Do you think they will be quicker about unbanning the innocents versus getting a guild name changed?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 19, 2014

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Science Horse just got even more amazing.

Where do you get that front flair? I...I need to know what it looks like on the bike.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Nope he gets an email every time he logs in and didn't get key logged (if you have half a brain about computers its not hard to not get keylogged). Just lazy about putting on two factor auth.

Do you honestly think its more likely that Carbine just randomly banned your friend, and NOT that he was simply hacked by a farmer because he was too dumb to use an authenticator?

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Okay, so as a leveling Engineer (currently 15), what should I be... doing? I started the game thinking I was a dps class so I've accumulated mostly Brutality/Finesse/Moxie, but now I see most guides are for tank Engineers.

Does anyone have any good links for guides/videos/posts on Engineer strategy/combos/most effective builds? I'm mostly focused on PvE until I'm max level, if that makes a difference. I've tried Googling a few times now but the guides I find are generally pretty hard to understand or just bad.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Doublestep posted:

The only class that can "easily" remove 4-5 stacks without seriously hamstringing their dps is Warrior which is getting looked at, though. Interrupts were supposed to be group syncing up one interrupt, not all dps being able to do it on their own.

Engineers can do 4 without too much trouble. Blind, T4 Zap, and Bruiser Bot active.

also, just opened up a boom box and got a level 50 epic gun :stare:

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 19, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Colonel Squish posted:

Okay, so as a leveling Engineer (currently 15), what should I be... doing? I started the game thinking I was a dps class so I've accumulated mostly Brutality/Finesse/Moxie, but now I see most guides are for tank Engineers.

Does anyone have any good links for guides/videos/posts on Engineer strategy/combos/most effective builds? I'm mostly focused on PvE until I'm max level, if that makes a difference. I've tried Googling a few times now but the guides I find are generally pretty hard to understand or just bad.
Brutality doesn't do a lot for Engineers, focus on Finesse then Moxie. Also Engineer reaches a slump around 15 where you feel you're doing no damage at all. It gets better again around 20 and takes off when you get your T4 Bio Shell at 25. Put your AMP points in Crit and AP, get Volatility Rising, then go down into Utility and pick up Reckless Dash so you can start a fight by dashing twice towards the enemy and fire off an instant Bio Shell to start the fight with 70 Volatility.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

straw man posted:

Granok eyebrow clipping issues aside, the Sawbones is kind of the best class in this game, thematically.

This guy knows what's up.

Also as fun as all the hyperbole is (I THINK CHALLENGES ARE DUMB - no, *I* think they are dumb!) Challenges are, most of the time, manageable and in many cases, fun. And the rewards after level 15 start to loving rock, Most of them will offer an appropriate level blue, and for those that don't pay attention, next time you do a challenge, notice the chat log when you complete it. You get cash for your completion - While questing in WhiteVale, when you get to the Terraformer? The race to get to the top of it can be completed in roughly 50 seconds, and rewards close to 1g 50s. Then the blue weapon (Which owns for its level) vendors for almost 1g 50s as well. So that is a gold level reward, for 50 seconds work, with 1.5gold guaranteed and another possible 1.5g from the weapon vendor. That you can do every 30 mins, and is a stones throw from most questing hubs. Sure you might scoff at the gold, but as a casual playing level 28 dude, that's mad bank for very little effort.

Honestly Challenges are just ye olde 'Daily Quest' distilled down to it's base components, and though some of them are a bit uninspired (CHALLENGE BEGINS! SLAP 200 BEAR ASSES!) I definitely love having them around.

For reference: The timer STARTS at 20 minutes.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

Brutality doesn't do a lot for Engineers, focus on Finesse then Moxie. Also Engineer reaches a slump around 15 where you feel you're doing no damage at all. It gets better again around 20 and takes off when you get your T4 Bio Shell at 25. Put your AMP points in Crit and AP, get Volatility Rising, then go down into Utility and pick up Reckless Dash so you can start a fight by dashing twice towards the enemy and fire off an instant Bio Shell to start the fight with 70 Volatility.

Thank you! This was really helpful.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I am pretty sure they had a big long post about whose fault this would be.

Perhaps your buddy should stop cheating.

But he only cheated for 20 hours. Thaaaaanks, Carbine!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

Do you honestly think its more likely that Carbine just randomly banned your friend, and NOT that he was simply hacked by a farmer because he was too dumb to use an authenticator?

Nah, I think he was just one of the innocents swallowed up by their broad filter like they stated would happen in their post.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Holyshoot posted:

Nah, I think he was just one of the innocents swallowed up by their broad filter like they stated would happen in their post.
Sounds more like what happened to someone else earlier in this very thread, to be honest.

Use. A. loving. Authenticator. For. gently caress's. Sake.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Holyshoot posted:

Did you friend at least get a good price on the gold? How much did he manage to farm up in those few hours of playing?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Has Carbine come out against any addons yet? I'm using one that automates the Simon Says and 'press this button' parts (not the combat one) which cooouuuld be against the rules, maybe.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Has Carbine come out against any addons yet? I'm using one that automates the Simon Says and 'press this button' parts (not the combat one) which cooouuuld be against the rules, maybe.

Think they've said that anything addons do is okay, and they'll disable the function of addons being able to do that if it's a problem. The ZONE was basically a maphack to find other players, so... :v:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

Anything that can be done with in-game addons is fine. They have confirmed this multiple times. If you are running something outside of the game, that is not fine.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Did you friend at least get a good price on the gold? How much did he manage to farm up in those few hours of playing?

19.99 from the credd store on wildstar-online.com. Is there another way to get credd?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Colonel Squish posted:

Thank you! This was really helpful.
To point you in a future direction, this is my soloing build at 50. Bruiser Bot gets dumped for Obstruct Vision when doing group DPS. Any more AMP or Ability points spent requires Elder Gems.

This bar has basically not changed since level 13, only point allocations have (I'm experimenting with T8 Electrocute in lieu of T8 Bio Shell now, in lieu of previous analysis post). Prioritize Electrocute, Artillery Bot, and Bio Shell T4s, then go from there as you level. At 21, you get access to Volatile Injection, which you can swap in for Zap (or Bruiser Bot when grouping) when you don't need it. At 30, you get your 8th slot open, so you can keep it on your bar always from that point onwards. It's amazing. Also, I would highly advise getting Cooldown Reduction 3 from AMPs on early Engineers (and most other classes). Your bots will not benefit from it, but it's worth it for 10s out of every 17s up time for Volatile Injection alone.

Also, it costs 50 loving gold to respec AMPs, so I've not been experimenting with AMPs at all. Rotations get a lot better when you can get Bio Shell to T4. Prior to T4, I would lead off fights with Bio Shell->Energy Auger->Electrocute. After T4, it's Energy Auger->instant Bio Shell->Electrocute.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No valid game account for the Europe date center(game region), has been found, your default data center has been switched to North America, please log in again.

I log in again.

No valid game account for the North America data center(game region) has been found, your default data center has been switched to Europe, please log in again.

What the gently caress does this mean and how can I fix it. Can't find anything in options or their website.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Alteisen posted:

No valid game account for the Europe date center(game region), has been found, your default data center has been switched to North America, please log in again.

I log in again.

No valid game account for the North America data center(game region) has been found, your default data center has been switched to Europe, please log in again.

What the gently caress does this mean and how can I fix it. Can't find anything in options or their website.
When this happened to me on day one of headstart I had to apply my game code on their website which resolved the issue immediately.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Holyshoot posted:

19.99 from the credd store on wildstar-online.com. Is there another way to get credd?

I've bought up 12 at 2 plat or less. I love people paying for me to play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheDK posted:

When this happened to me on day one of headstart I had to apply my game code on their website which resolved the issue immediately.

Did that, now the game shows up in my account, it did ask for a credit card right away which I don't access to.

Now I try to log in and get invalid user name or password error. :ughh:

Edit: Never mind, I added an extra number somehow, I'm finally in.

Double edit: Now its taken 10 minutes to connect to a new server with no success, is this sort of waiting time common?

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 20, 2014

• Locked thread