Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know anything about pre-SSFIV fighting games but I thought that Third Strikie was good.
What makes Second Impact better?

2nd impact is the best looking sprite based Street Fighter. Better stages *3s stages suck so they had more memory for the new chars, more fun supers, and as has been said, great tunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Everyone should bow to BEATS IN MY HEAD.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
^^^Oh that's why the stages are so bad...

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know anything about pre-SSFIV fighting games but I thought that Third Strikie was good.
What makes Second Impact better?
Sean :v:

Ernieman posted:

So I'm still a xbox live player. Are there any eurogoons like myself that are out there that want to play some endless sets? Add me on XBL or something: Snikedott
I will add you, but xbl hates me. If it's laggy and I'm dropping inputs I will just crawl into a corner and cry until PC gets ultra.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
You can pre-order the Ultra upgrade on Greenman Gaming for $12 with promo A5D6OC-SSP45E-FYUBTA

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-xMMNCNZM

Those are the pre-order costumes. It might go on sale on steam before August rolls around. I think witcher 3 was 10% or 20% off last week.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

The Dave posted:

Everyone should bow to BEATS IN MY HEAD.

You mean the song they mangled for USFIV? :v:

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck
GG's out to Highlife Lowlife on steam, we played a few. Whoever you are out there, we will meet again and I will learn how to play against Dhalsim.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

You mean the song they mangled for USFIV? :v:

That song has been mangled since its inception.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Excalibur_Z posted:

Use Lariat as an antiair, and use it from crouch. Use green hand as a combo ender (lp or ex only).

Green hand is so fast now you can actually use it as a punish as well for blocked moves like sweeps, or any move that is only safe because of pushback like Oni's toward fierce.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

The Joe Man posted:

You can pre-order the Ultra upgrade on Greenman Gaming for $12 with promo A5D6OC-SSP45E-FYUBTA

Uhh, does the GMG upgrade give you the DLC costumes or not?

"NOTE: You must own Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to utilize this content. Digital Upgrade does not include any additional DLC costumes." “Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV and receive early access to five unique character costumes including Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento and Gladiator Decapre.”

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/ultra-street-fighter-iv-upgrade/

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Periodiko posted:

Green hand is so fast now you can actually use it as a punish as well for blocked moves like sweeps, or any move that is only safe because of pushback like Oni's toward fierce.

Yeah, it's a great tool for punishes now when out of range for an SPD. UltraDavid put together a list of punishable moves here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8894500/#Comment_8894500

quote:

Sagat: nothing :(

:smithicide:

Arikado fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 18, 2014

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Waynebo posted:

Uhh, does the GMG upgrade give you the DLC costumes or not?

"NOTE: You must own Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to utilize this content. Digital Upgrade does not include any additional DLC costumes." “Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV and receive early access to five unique character costumes including Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento and Gladiator Decapre.”

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/ultra-street-fighter-iv-upgrade/

Yeah I'm not sure but since it says "early access" you can just grab them later if you want. It probably includes them (since it's still a pre-order) and is referring to the additional DLC costumes that you might not have bought for base AE.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh boo hoo, Its a bad match and its not going to get better

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008

The Joe Man posted:

Yeah I'm not sure but since it says "early access" you can just grab them later if you want. It probably includes them (since it's still a pre-order) and is referring to the additional DLC costumes that you might not have bought for base AE.

GMG support confirms this if anyone's wondering.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Think I'd rather just get it on Steam considering it's just a saving of £2. Worth it for the 100% certainty of nothing going wrong.

Also, there's no chance I'm spending my money until I can be reasonably sure the PC port is actually going to be playable. I wouldn't even touch it right now even if I didn't have a 360.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only feeling I can muster up anymore about PC is "this whole ordeal is pretty loving Capcom."

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pomp posted:

The only feeling I can muster up anymore about PC is "this whole ordeal is pretty loving Capcom."

Seems like they rushed the Ultra upgrade for Evo (hence the broken hitboxes on all ported characters except Rolento maybe) and don't have any manpower left to gently caress with the Steamworks re-release much. Then again SSF4.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Arzachel posted:

Seems like they rushed the Ultra upgrade for Evo (hence the broken hitboxes on all ported characters except Rolento maybe) and don't have any manpower left to gently caress with the Steamworks re-release much. Then again SSF4.
What happened with SSF4 on PC?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kaschei posted:

What happened with SSF4 on PC?

It's either unplayable, or fine, with no inbetween; and the 3 month delay on Ultra has killed it dead.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

SSF4 on PC doesn't exist. They released SF4, skipped Super, and then released AE as a full product with no DLC upgrade option like the consoles had.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Veib posted:

SSF4 on PC doesn't exist. They released SF4, skipped Super, and then released AE as a full product with no DLC upgrade option like the consoles had.

Yeah, if you were a PC only player, you were years behind everyone who had a console. I was, compared to everyone else, much better at SF4 than I at 2012.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

oh boo hoo, Its a bad match and its not going to get better

I've played Zangief since vanilla SFIV, I'd say I've pretty much come to terms with it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Joe Man posted:

Thanks for this. Literally just picked up SSFIV Arcade Edition for $6 from GamersGate. Now I get to go Ultra in August :). $18 seems like a good deal for all that.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'm hoping for a post EVO patch to fix hitboxes and junk in time for PC Ultra release and that it's actually working (who am I kidding)

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Will the Upgrade take you from the regular Street Fighter IV for PC? Seems like mixed answers I'm seeing online.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LLJKSiLk posted:

Will the Upgrade take you from the regular Street Fighter IV for PC? Seems like mixed answers I'm seeing online.

I think the upgrade requires the Arcade Edition. That what it says explicitly when I pre-ordered on GMG.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

LLJKSiLk posted:

Ultra will upgrade Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

It will not upgrade Street Fighter 4.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21660/

It's a different game entirely.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The first 2 prize titles are available, gotta go into your player data and redeem them.

Chocolate-Chip Cookie: 2592B6JIV6CR49
Angry Dog: LPTPV4J9PMLW5B

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Rolento is such a pain to fight against, how do you deal with his poo poo?

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
I EX Rekka a lot. Most people don't use true blockstrings with him, at least at the level I'm playing at.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I haven't arsed myself into trying to render some losses again, but here's a few I probably should have lost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXvWRG8zMw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig2NK4Up4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNq8ZSxw2x8

I have major problems dealing with fireballs (to be expected), keeping my 360 movements jump free, not freaking the gently caress out and going into instinct mode in crunch time. I don't know if it's very well reflected in these but I've also begun using claps more often. I don't think I have enough time to go real pro and start studying frame data, but I'd still like to hear what people have to say, general tips, positive things I'm doing, etc.

Right now I'm working on staying cool in fireball/zoning situations, cr.lk into combos, finding the range on the throw that tosses people against the wall, not using the anti-air throw to cover ground as much.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 18, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy poo poo, did I see that right? Hugo has moves with more than 1 armor?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Holy poo poo, did I see that right? Hugo has moves with more than 1 armor?

EX Lariat has unlimited armor, but is super unsafe and can be neutral jumped into a combo if timed right.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah, I can usually tell when someone is about to take me apart when they start neutral jumping against the lariats and meat squashers. If I can get someone wondering which of those are coming and they aren't doing anything but blocking it's fun time.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Man you are Hugo, if they are neutral jumping and you aren't already doing something just backbreaker their rear end.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe I'm screwing up my terms but I'm talking about when I'm already running forward for the meat squasher or lariat, but that is one of the things I'm trying to get in the habit of doing.

KingShiro posted:

The first 2 prize titles are available, gotta go into your player data and redeem them.

Chocolate-Chip Cookie: 2592B6JIV6CR49
Angry Dog: LPTPV4J9PMLW5B

Thanks for these!

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 19, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Not sure how much interest anyone has with this, but you can use those USF4 frame data apps on the Google Play store by emulating an Android device in VirtualBox.

The free one is pretty good, has a bunch of useful tools and seems to have accurate frame data on everyone if that's your thing and the only phone you still own is a Nokia brick from the early 00's.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
Does anyone have any names of higher level El Fuerte players I can watch to get some ideas from? I haven't played since about Vanilla and trying to get back into the game is pretty frustrating.

I assume that my only combo as Elf is still RSF.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Not sure how much interest anyone has with this, but you can use those USF4 frame data apps on the Google Play store by emulating an Android device in VirtualBox.

Do tell, how? :) I don't see any options for Android in it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Magus42 posted:

Do tell, how? :) I don't see any options for Android in it :)

Make a new Linux 2.6 device (32-bit or 64-bit), allocate whatever memory you want (256-512 is fine), allocate a new hard drive space for it (VDI, at least a few gigs, fixed or dynamic).

Download an Android-x86 ISO image from here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/android-x86/files/Release%204.4/

Let it boot, select Installation - Install Android to disk.

Create / Modify partitions. Click new - primary - give it all the disk space from earlier. Select bootable and select write (confirm yes). Quit.

Click on the new sda1 Linux partition you've made. Format to an ext3 filesystem, install GRUB, confirm yes for read/write. Run Android-x86. Let it set itself up, use a throwaway google account to log into the google play store (or use your usual google account, doesn't matter). Download the app from here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fullmeter.fat

Install, run, done.

You can change the resolution but it means faffing about with Linux.

• Locked thread