Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
To add to the DS2 discussion a few days ago, here's the current world record speedrun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSpyz7KReWI

It's just under 18 minutes and features some pretty insane glitch abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Captain Matchbox posted:

bigirpal is cool and i approve of their wacky hijinks in regards to edited videos of video gams

Watching bigirpal without sound is completely missing the point - their videos are only great when you can hear these two entertaining idiots laugh at videa games in this bizarre mix of Scandinavian and English.

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?

Useless posted:

Watching bigirpal without sound is completely missing the point - their videos are only great when you can hear these two entertaining idiots laugh at videa games in this bizarre mix of Scandinavian and English.

Icelandic.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On my last playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas, this happened while I was clearing out Vault 3:

Instead of falling to the ground dead like his friend on the left there, the ends of his limbs and his head blew off, while his body decided to remain standing there.

Never change, Gamebryo :patriot:

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Useless posted:

"BEEP BEP" never fails to get a laugh out of me.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Could not get a screenshot of this one since I was on my console, but I picked up Alpha Protocol this weekend and just a couple hours ago sat down to play a bit. To make this actually mean something, earlier today I'd just gotten done reading If You See Her, Turn Off The Game (that one blog-story that I think was written by a goon).

I was doing the initial training, just got out of the espionage orientation and heading to the weapons orientation. I opened the door with the loading emblem still up on the screen and the game hung for a second. While it tried to load the next room, I got treated to about a half-second of Mike standing in that room, facing the door and doing the goddamn Princess pose (standing straight up, arms outstretched to his side, staring directly at me).

I will not lie, that freaked me out just a bit more than it probably should have. "Funny" in the "what are the odds" sense.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
"I saw a default character model pose and now Slenderman killed me."

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Lightning Returns has some pretty lovely pathfinding. I had a woman running into a wall at full sprint during a conversation with some guy in the train station.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Doin' the *brrrr burrrr* pigeon

owl_pellet has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Jun 10, 2014

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Techno Remix posted:

I got treated to about a half-second of Mike standing in that room, facing the door and doing the goddamn Princess pose (standing straight up, arms outstretched to his side, staring directly at me).

Like the other guy said, thats just the default pose of most humanoid models you'll see. They're often even drawn that way in concept art because the raised arms allows the artist to get an idea of what the sides of the torso look like. If you've ever used console commands to spawn a character in a game, they'll often look like that for a split second before the proper animations are applied to the model.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Canemacar posted:

Like the other guy said, thats just the default pose of most humanoid models you'll see. They're often even drawn that way in concept art because the raised arms allows the artist to get an idea of what the sides of the torso look like. If you've ever used console commands to spawn a character in a game, they'll often look like that for a split second before the proper animations are applied to the model.

The Jesus pose will never not make me think of this and crack up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwXBw86g30

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Codependent Poster posted:

The Jesus pose will never not make me think of this and crack up.

The best part is around 3:30 when you can see him in the corner during the free throw.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Yeah, it's implied that an appropriate level of freakout should've been about zero and I felt like an idiot afterwards. Also, it doesn't sound like an actual glitch so I've effectively contributed nothing. Carry on, then!

(Although I didn't know that's a default character pose, that's cool to know)

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

It's called a T-Pose and it's used as a default because nothing is stretched/bent in the model. It helps the artists make a texture that looks correct on it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kruller posted:

It's called a T-Pose and it's used as a default because nothing is stretched/bent in the model. It helps the artists make a texture that looks correct on it.

This is not true, because as soon as the model assumes a natural position... you get stretching. The reason T-poses are used are that they are easier to handle. Easier to model, easier to texture, easier to rig. To get the "best" results texture-wise you would want to model it in a natural pose, arms more relaxed downwards so that you instead get stretching when assuming weird poses like the T-Pose (unlikely to be ever seen) :eng101:

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Techno Remix posted:

Alpha Protocol
That game and I have the strangest history. My copy runs just fine, but my friend's consistently has the same glitch - every time you reload the assault rifle, Mike instead shoves the clip straight through his hand, where it stays for the rest of the level. What?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In my mind this is a massive problem on Mike's end, but he can't just pull it out, the magazine is stopping his hand bleeding out.

It also reminds me of the infamous Fear crossbow-glitch in MGS3. If you didn't use first aid to remove all the bolts before the end of the fight, you'd be fully healed, but the bolts would stay stuck in Snake. My snake had one poking out of his brain for the rest of the game, even when disguised as a scientist.

...that, in turn, reminds me of how in Perfect Dark you could block the door to the firing range with a crate, and use it to take weapons out into the Carrington Institute. Everyone there was invulnerable, but you could still give your boss a crossbow-bolt mohawk.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Your Computer posted:

This is not true, because as soon as the model assumes a natural position... you get stretching. The reason T-poses are used are that they are easier to handle. Easier to model, easier to texture, easier to rig. To get the "best" results texture-wise you would want to model it in a natural pose, arms more relaxed downwards so that you instead get stretching when assuming weird poses like the T-Pose (unlikely to be ever seen) :eng101:

This actually changes depending on the circumstances, too. Lots of fighting games (Street Fighter 4 does, I believe) use what's called "X-Pose", because they have such a large range of motion. Texturing and baking in "A" and "T" poses would cause huge distortions when the characters raised their arms over their heads or extended their legs out completely, which happens a lot in these kinds of games.

Speaking of locked poses, one of my favorite little bugs in Guild Wars 2 is gliding around as a Mesmer in your default standing pose. It's easy to do and it's been in the game since launched and hasn't been fixed yet.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

This actually changes depending on the circumstances, too. Lots of fighting games (Street Fighter 4 does, I believe) use what's called "X-Pose", because they have such a large range of motion. Texturing and baking in "A" and "T" poses would cause huge distortions when the characters raised their arms over their heads or extended their legs out completely, which happens a lot in these kinds of games.

Speaking of locked poses, one of my favorite little bugs in Guild Wars 2 is gliding around as a Mesmer in your default standing pose. It's easy to do and it's been in the game since launched and hasn't been fixed yet.

Some of my favorite GW2 bugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHXv7ssehq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcSB5LbuP2A

Though the best one is this - dancing with weapons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Zfz4En2lU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Got some really weird glitches in Sleeping Dogs recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7crtuEVU-M

It's not JUST the glitches, but they're the star of the show.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

I had a toy like that before.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

The Breaking Madden series of articles on SBNation was pretty good in general, but the Super Bowl edition was a masterpiece: http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5351052/breaking-madden-super-bowl-broncos-seahawks

There weren't many big glitches leading up to the big finish (mostly just AI quirks), but man, once you get to the end... :allears:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
This may have been posted already, but since we're talking about Madden, I have to share this clip from Giant Bomb's PS4 launch stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33uXQlVmnM

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

DarkHamsterlord posted:

This may have been posted already, but since we're talking about Madden, I have to share this clip from Giant Bomb's PS4 launch stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33uXQlVmnM

The fat guy in the bottom left bugs me so much in this video.

You know he's thinking: "I'm so above this, I'm not even going to crack a smile".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You probably should watch more Giant Bomb.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So a friend of mine gifted me Colonial Marines for my birthday and because of the summer sale. I cannot close it. If I close it through the game, right click and close it from the task bar or even the task manager it just reopens instantly. I have to force close Steam to make it stop. It literally will not let me quit :gonk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Tracula posted:

So a friend of mine gifted me Colonial Marines for my birthday and because of the summer sale. I cannot close it. If I close it through the game, right click and close it from the task bar or even the task manager it just reopens instantly. I have to force close Steam to make it stop. It literally will not let me quit :gonk:

The cruelest and yet least severe of the game's issues.

PS: Your friend is a masterful troll.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mister Adequate posted:

The cruelest and yet least severe of the game's issues.

PS: Your friend is a masterful troll.

It's loving perfect and I have said 'gently caress you' at least a dozen times. He had no idea. It was a 100% accidental troll.

Edit: Is there any good way to steam/record this? I feel it's worth recording for posterity.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

The fat guy in the bottom left bugs me so much in this video.

You know he's thinking: "I'm so above this, I'm not even going to crack a smile".

Nah man, he's just stunned. Kinda the only two reactions to what happened there: "Wuh?!?" or cracking up.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Jeff is definitely not above laughing at dumb things happening in Madden games.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Speaking of Madden glitches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viC-EngH5Qw

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Don't even know how I did that.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

These are from this video, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOT_3U4rZM

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I didn't realize UFC was based on 3D Fighter Maker.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Afraid I don't have a picture to go with this one, but...

I've been playing Persona 4 Golden, and when you'e in a dungeon your party members are running along behind you. They try to stay in formation, but often get caught on doorways etc. It doesn't matter, they still take part in battles, and teleport back to you when the battle transition is over.

After one battle, I as standing a little too close to a wall, so while the Main Character and one other were fine standing there, the other two were running around trying to get into good positions. This somehow ended up in Teddie and Kanji running in circles around the group like a Benny Hill chase. :3:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elfface posted:

Afraid I don't have a picture to go with this one, but...

I've been playing Persona 4 Golden, and when you'e in a dungeon your party members are running along behind you. They try to stay in formation, but often get caught on doorways etc. It doesn't matter, they still take part in battles, and teleport back to you when the battle transition is over.

After one battle, I as standing a little too close to a wall, so while the Main Character and one other were fine standing there, the other two were running around trying to get into good positions. This somehow ended up in Teddie and Kanji running in circles around the group like a Benny Hill chase. :3:

You can take screenshots on the Vita by pressing Start (or Select, I forget) and the PS button at the same time, for future reference

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

His body refused to comply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

dolphinbomb posted:

On my last playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas, this happened while I was clearing out Vault 3:

Instead of falling to the ground dead like his friend on the left there, the ends of his limbs and his head blew off, while his body decided to remain standing there.

Never change, Gamebryo :patriot:

Something similar happened to me just a min or two ago.
Have a mod that changes the disintegration and gooification(?) colors.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Jun 29, 2014