Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

what is this even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Romulan power boards? Party poppers on Risa? Today is a good day.

Melchior posted:

what is this even

A pubbie in need of a good disco party.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
To coincide with all the other summer sales, PWE is selling lifetime subscriptions for $200.

The most interesting part about this, however, is the Cardassian front and center in the second picture. Not only was Dukat Right, he was also Thrifty!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Wizard of the Deep posted:

To coincide with all the other summer sales, PWE is selling lifetime subscriptions for $200.

The most interesting part about this, however, is the Cardassian front and center in the second picture. Not only was Dukat Right, he was also Thrifty!

Post your shame, how many of you are lifetimers? I need to know for data mining.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Tribble 9.5 patch

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17562541&postcount=1

Do you guys care if I post data mined info here? Because there is stuff for the next lock box in here.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
"Trait: Activating any Engineering Bridge Officer ability gives 100% dodge chance with 20% deflect for 3 seconds."

Huh, that's kinda nice for when you are dropping your turret forests.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Post it in the wiki?

Interesting changes in those patch notes. Cost and time will be the key to whether it surpasses rep sets/fleet gear.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Tribble 9.5 patch

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17562541&postcount=1

Do you guys care if I post data mined info here? Because there is stuff for the next lock box in here.

Only post it in the wiki. Go to the leaks section.

Also DATA MINING.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Am I reading that right? Are Star Clusters just loving gone?

Looks like we might get an exploration re-vamp soon-ish.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm never going to get used to reading about actual developments happening with this game.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Veotax posted:

My guess is they are going to reuse the zones (i.e. data space) for actually content.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Veotax posted:

However will people get Diplomacy XP now...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Veotax posted:

You can still do the doff assignments by flying up to the border, the only real reason to go. Not being able to get Ten of Ten would have really hurt aux2bat builds.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Veotax posted:

It's about loving time, god. They've been deprecated content since before the game even went F2P, and they've mostly served as a trap for new players. If they replace it with something that's actually useful and fun later that's a bonus, but right now just having them gone is a net improvement to the game.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Lorak posted:

However will people get Diplomacy XP now...

Deferi -> Beta Ursa -> Warp to Dyson Zone -> Tau Dewa

You should have almost a full doff list from those.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Doff missions are easier on tribble, they auto fill the slots with the best ones.

http://puu.sh/9BmP3/a21fe4190a.jpg

Hovering over the ! at the end of the outcom chance bar will show you what reward you'll get.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I remember doing exploration missions around the first year and just having to go to five planets (after scanning them down) to find five flashy rocks (not marked on map either) on an auto-generated planet.

gently caress that poo poo.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Doff missions are easier on tribble, they auto fill the slots with the best ones.

Hovering over the ! at the end of the outcom chance bar will show you what reward you'll get.

I hope we can still choose our own. I don't care about success rates, just the crits.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

I remember doing exploration missions around the first year and just having to go to five planets (after scanning them down) to find five flashy rocks (not marked on map either) on an auto-generated planet.

Remember too that it only told you how many, not where as it does now. Spent 30 minutes in a space zone once looking for the last anom that I never found.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Acer Pilot posted:

I hope we can still choose our own. I don't care about success rates, just the crits.

You still can.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

JuffoWup posted:

Remember too that it only told you how many, not where as it does now. Spent 30 minutes in a space zone once looking for the last anom that I never found.

Also in this setting you are only level 15 because the content dried up and your next mission isnt until level 23. Get exploring, kid.

What a waste of time this game was at launch, man.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Berke Negri posted:

And the alternative of "check out this empty series of hallways, toggle 5 consoles inside and maybe fight some dudes."

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They were hastily slapped in at launch to try and hide the fact they only had actual content for half the levels keep with the pre-release promises of SPACE EXPLORATION EXCITEMENT, yeah. :suicide:

It still astounds me how much this game has improved.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I kind of wish they'd go to some university and grab one of the dozen or so "automated writing" algorithms floating around and get some really procedurally generated mini-missions. Even Lwaxana marrying the warp core would be an improvement.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

wdarkk posted:

I kind of wish they'd go to some university and grab one of the dozen or so "automated writing" algorithms floating around and get some really procedurally generated mini-missions. Even Lwaxana marrying the warp core would be an improvement.

You know, of the oddball things, I'm surprised the devs didn't throw out a mission or episode dealing with your computer replicating a duplicate of itself like the one tng episode.

Also, I'm one of the shamefuls with a lifetime.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't any holodeck episodes.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
There is sort of one Fed side with Section 31, but sadly it's no holodeck gone wild.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

wdarkk posted:

I mean I get what you're saying but why? They already were ahead of the industry curve with the whole "gently caress it, you guys make the content for us, we can't be bothered with this poo poo" mission creator.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I mean I get what you're saying but why? They already were ahead of the industry curve with the whole "gently caress it, you guys make the content for us, we can't be bothered with this poo poo" mission creator.

Really, I wish they'd pour some effort into fixing the Foundry up and then maybe put a system where they can appropriate the good ones into real missions with real rewards.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Veotax posted:

Yeah they're just loving gone. Hit the waypoint for your doff jobs. Don't expect a revamp anytime soon either those exploration missions apparently made up a huge chunk of the downloaded assets thanks to the huge number of lovely maps. Also the only thing the added to the game was a trap that kept catching new players and convincing them to quit before they even got into the episodes.

Also if you really want a huge selection of lovely missions designed by emotionless machines devoid of any actual creativity there's still the foundry.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

me and lago are recreating vulcan love slave. there's your holodeck mission right there.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Hmm. I hope Hangars count as 'Special Item' or there's gonna be problems-most of the Advanced hangars were from D-Store.

I'm also concerned about the Romulan special ground weapons, which never dropped in the world and were only from D-Store.

Last thought is: how useful are these craftables going to BE in this era of rep, rep, rep? The traits sound nice enough, especially that science one(Flat 25% crit chance? Good grief). It's the base items that bug me. This is gonna take a lot of stuff, and probably a lot of time depending on how these duty officer missions are actually timed.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 20, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tunicate posted:

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't any holodeck episodes.

Or real holodecks at all. Like, you get a taste with the new fed tutorial but you can't even go to a holodeck on your ship and just be like, "computer, ERP Cave Program Mk1.0" you need to actually fly to Risa.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Berke Negri posted:

Or real holodecks at all. Like, you get a taste with the new fed tutorial but you can't even go to a holodeck on your ship and just be like, "computer, ERP Cave Program Mk1.0" you need to actually fly to Risa.

Maybe Starfleet has finally realized how much of a deathtrap those things really are and thus restrict their usage? :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tuskin38 posted:

RIP pie chart.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah they're just loving gone. Hit the waypoint for your doff jobs. Don't expect a revamp anytime soon either those exploration missions apparently made up a huge chunk of the downloaded assets thanks to the huge number of lovely maps. Also the only thing the added to the game was a trap that kept catching new players and convincing them to quit before they even got into the episodes.

Also if you really want a huge selection of lovely missions designed by emotionless machines devoid of any actual creativity there's still the foundry.

They were good for testing out new builds against weak PvE targets, assuming you got an actual space mission and not some ground poo poo or anomaly scanning. Again, better served by the foundry.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

quote:

You mean "going away"?? Why would that happen? It's one of the few features that provides open-ended end-game play in STO...:eek: And it's one of the few ways to "chain" missions together into an ad-hoc story independent of the existing episode string. I will be seriously disappointed if this proves to be true...:argh:

quote:

Sorry, they are being removed. It was my favorite part of the game, but soon they will be gone forever.

quote:

I NEED to say that exploration of the various belts, clusters, expanses, and nebulas is one of my favorite things about STO in spite of the opinions of the detractors. My main, A FEDTAC did them all. Seventy (70) times each for the accolades. Now I'm sad because I did'nt finish them on my three Alts. I don't know when this is happening but I am about to leave Risa and get back to "work". I have seen all the negative comments but I only have one...there are too many Gorgans.

quote:

The Star Cluster missions are the only true Star Trek missions left is the game.Yes they are limited but at least they are random and you had no idea what you would get. The end game content, if you can call it content, is just replaying the same mission again, and again, and again, and again, for ever. If you are removing exploration from the game, however bad, you might as well remove the name Star Trek from the game. Adding the Neverwinter crafting system to the game is just plan lazy. Just call STO from now on Neverwinter: The Next Generation Online.:argh::argh::argh:

Also with the removal of these mission we are also losing a way to earn 1440 Dilithium daily. Another Dilithium nerf from Cryptic. Soon we will be only able to buy Dilithium with Zen. :(

The people who play this game are loving insane. News at 11.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Risa must be purged. :commissar:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Veotax posted:

The people who play this game are loving insane. News at 11.
Stockholm Syndrome.txt

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
True of all MMOs. People resist change, even when it's good change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Klytemnestra flies around the star clusters at 20% of full impulse for hours. I auto-followed him one day, got bored, made dinner, watched some netflix, and still found myself trailing him super, super slowly.

• Locked thread