Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Little Mac posted:

So is there a reason I should wait until June 30th to do surveys? I guess I don't really get how Club Nintendo works. I have 260 coins right now (40 from Gold), none of which expire on June 30th, plus some backlogged surveys to do. Why would I wait?

If you can get 40 more coins from doing a survey or two you might as well go for it.

Every year Nintendo gives gifts to Club Nintendo users based on two tiers: Gold and Platinum. Gold members get to pick from some game downloads that almost never show up in the monthly CN rotation or a calendar, while Platinum members get to pick from that or some extra stuff, one year it had a collection of Mario Kart trophies and last year you could get the Majora's Mask soundtrack.
On July 1st the Club Nintendo year starts again and the status goes back to the bottom, but your coins are kept the same. You might want to keep surveys ready for this point so you hit Platinum status easily next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Okay so if I have yet to hit Gold/Platinum I should do the opposite then!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 19):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 - €39.99 / £29.99
WII U eSHOP
    Pullblox World - €9.99 / £8.99
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition - €7.99 / £7.19
    Color Zen Kids - €2.99 / £2.99
    Monkey Pirates - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super C (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Starts June 19, ends July 31.]
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £14.99 until June 29
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 from June 19-July 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP
    BearShark - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Mario Golf World Tour: Star Pack - €5.99 / £5.39
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS eShop) - €11.99 / £10.79 until June 19
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until June 19
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.29 until June 29
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €14.99 / £12.19 until June 29
    PROJECT X ZONE (3DS) - €17.49 / £13.39 until June 29
    Regular Show: Mordecai 7 Rigbi in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from June 19-July 3
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 from June 19-July 17

Note the Pullblox World promo: if you own either Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS and your NNID is linked to your Wii U, you'll be able to get Pullblox World at a discount for a limited time. Nintendo is ever-so-slowly inching towards something resembling cross-buy! That's nice.

The Mario Golf DLC includes a new character (Rosalina) and two new 18-hole courses (remakes of Mario's Star and Boo Valley from the N64 game). As always, there's a free trial pack that'll let you test the new courses before you buy.

Another World is a classic and I'm sure everyone's played it to death (ie got to the end) but the newer ports seems like as good a way to replay them as any. (The screenshots on the 3DS eShop don't use stereoscopic 3D, incidentally.)

BearShark is a game based on a series of Nintendo Video shorts that were never actually released in PAL-land, as far as I know. Maybe they were and I just missed them because I deleted Nintendo Video years ago like everyone else. Whatever.

Toki Tori 2+ is still one of the best games on Wii U eShop and an absolute steal at 3EUR, but the devs already had to fire everyone and aren't making any more Toki Tori games because no-one bought the last one, so I guess the damage is already done.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How's that Adventure Time BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW game?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bad, easily the worst Wayforward game since Ping Pals. How the hell do you you screw up Gauntlet, of all things?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Finally I can spend the £10 digital deluxe credit I've had in my wallet for weeks.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I never played Another World but I always wanted to as I loved Flashback (except for the fact that it was really bloody hard). Just a question of whether to get it for 3DS or WiiU. :ohdear:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

goddamnit when are we getting Power Tour / Aria of Sorrow / Zero Mission, why does the VC still blow so bad?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Bad, easily the worst Wayforward game since Ping Pals. How the hell do you you screw up Gauntlet, of all things?

Oh man, Ping Pals. That's a game I completely forgot about.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I had no idea Wayforward did Ping Pals, that's amazing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SMT4 is on sale again: $24.99 for the base game, all DLC $1.50 or less.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

SMT4 is on sale again: $24.99 for the base game, all DLC $1.50 or less.

Which DLC is worth it? Does anyone have any opinions?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd say to buy all of the money, app, and exp grinding DLC as it'll save you a ton of time on stuff. Otherwise just buy the plot DLC which is like both Clipped Wings, Ancient One, Eternal Youth and For the Past... for the Future.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Only buy the armor if you think it looks cool. I've been rocking the Demonica you can buy from a late game shop but occasionally flipping it for Freedom Armor. You'll need the money DLC to be able to afford the last two shops.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Getting Pushmo World for 30% off would be pretty neat but I haven't seen NoA do many of those "if you own (X), then ..." promotions that NoE/NoJ have done.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Are there any good SHMUPs for the WiiU that are digitally available, either Virtual Console or modern?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Quidnose posted:

Are there any good SHMUPs for the WiiU that are digitally available, either Virtual Console or modern?

I was going to say Recca but realized that's not on the Wii U yet.

I think Life Force might be available though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quidnose posted:

Detana Twinbee is on the old Wii shop, if you want to bother.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quidnose posted:

On the eShop, there's Nano Assault Neo which is a twin-stick shooter, a little like Super Stardust if you've played that one. There's also Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails which is a kinda-shooter kinda-playform game that's hard to describe, but it might scratch that itch.

You can get Gradius on the Wii U VC if you're in NA, that's pretty much it as far as Wii U VC goes. There are a whole bunch of 'em on the Wii VC, if you don't mind playing in backwards compatibility mode with a Wiimote/Classic Controller.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

This won't be relevant to many people, but it's interesting nonetheless:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/etc/seminar/report/report02.html

NCL does a yearly "Nintendo Game Seminar" where Kansai-region university students can take lectures with Nintendo designers and participate in game jam-style projects. In previous years they've made games for DS and more recently Nintendo Web Framework (java/html5), but this year's seminar uses Unity as the development platform, and they'll be making four of the student project games available on the eShop for free, starting June 19.

It'd be neat if the international branches would do something similar. NOA/NST is still close with DigiPen, right?

These games are now available on the JP eShop, here's some footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3XdWXXU-Dc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmyxVuciy9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnyKqAudAJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmHybO4tKE

Crawfish posted:

Are the ones they are making free the one Tezuka or someones been posting about on Miiverse?

Yeah, they're actually games from last year's seminar, not this year's.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
You guys ever think that Tecmo Super Bowl will be added? I mean, I know the original is on there but the sequel is a huge improvement.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Who knows. Their VC additions from week to week are extremely random. And for whatever reason, they don't think it's important to let people know what the release schedule is.

All we know is a bunch of Mega Man games are coming, at some unknown point in the future.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Who knows. Their VC additions from week to week are extremely random. And for whatever reason, they don't think it's important to let people know what the release schedule is.

This only really applies to the US though, right? Does Europe have the same issues?

But yeah, Capcom's working on pretty much bringing EVERY remaining Megaman game on the NES and SNES to the Wii U alongside (currently) the first half of both the Battle Network and Zero series on GBA. Konami's apparently getting the GBA Castlevanias prepped to go.

Problem is we only know these are eventually coming, not when. And going by the fact that we're still getting weeks where Nintendo shits out NES Soccer and nothing else for the week its best not to hold your breath on anything coming in a reasonable time-frame.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Third-party publishers don't give us dates because they don't know themselves and often only hear from Nintendo the same time we do. Nintendo doesn't tell us because Nintendo.

NOE sends out the weekly eShop press release a few days in advance, but other than that they treat us identically to NOA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 19):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 - €39.99 / £29.99
WII U eSHOP
    Pullblox World - €9.99 / £8.99
    Monkey Pirates - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super C (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £14.99 until June 29
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until July 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP
    BearShark - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Mario Golf World Tour: Star Pack - €5.99 / £5.39
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.29 until June 29
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €14.99 / £12.19 until June 29
    PROJECT X ZONE (3DS) - €17.49 / £13.39 until June 29
    Regular Show: Mordecai 7 Rigbi in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until July 3
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - 89.99 until July 17

NA update (week of 12):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Pushmo World - $9.99
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition - $7.99
    Color Zen Kids - $2.99
    GEOM - $0.99
    How To Survive - $14.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Dodge Ball (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - $5.99 until July 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Farming Simulator 14 - $? (June 24)
3DS eSHOP
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition - $7.99
    2048 - $1.99
    Color Zen Kids - $2.99
    European Conqueror 3D - $0.99 (introductory price
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Dodge Ball (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $29.99, all DLC $1.50 or less until June 23
    Cave Story+ (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until June 26
    Ikachan (3DS eShop) - $2.50 until June 26
    NightSky (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until June 26
    VVVVVV (3DS eShop) - $3.99 until June 26
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until July 3
    Parking Star 3D (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until July 3
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 3
    Classic Games Overload (3DS) - $14.99 until July 7
    Soccer Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 16
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS) - $9.99 until July 16

CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Electroplankton Rec-Rec (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Dream Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Mario Party 2 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until July 7

(there's also some DSiWare junk I can't be arsed to list because 2014, DSiWare, etc)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 19, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's called Pushmo, you crazy foreigner

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He pulls more than he pushes, guy!

For those who didn't know, Pushmo World/Pullblox World/Hiku-osu Warudo~ supports custom levels from the 3DS version and vice-versa, so if the 250 or so stages aren't enough, there are already at least five million other stages out there to play.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Guacamelee dudes just announced the release date for the Wii U (and every other console) version: July 2, £11.99 / €13.99 (I guess $14.99 in NA?). The Wii U version has off-TV play and a map on the gamepad, nothing extravagant.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

The Guacamelee dudes just announced the release date for the Wii U (and every other console) version: July 2, £11.99 / €13.99 (I guess $14.99 in NA?). The Wii U version has off-TV play and a map on the gamepad, nothing extravagant.

Just putting a map on the gamepad is fine, Guacamelee is the kind of game where you need to constantly check it so just being able to look down instead of pause is pretty nice.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kabanaw posted:

Just putting a map on the gamepad is fine, Guacamelee is the kind of game where you need to constantly check it so just being able to look down instead of pause is pretty nice.

This is really all I wanted out of the Gamepad when it was announced, being able to check the dungeon map without having to pause in Wind Waker is great and a Metroidvania style game with that kind of map requirement would flow a lot better that way.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Wow, one solitary NES game this week. :geno:
I guess I can't really be surprised.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kabanaw posted:

Well I'm sold on this game. It better be awesome.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
What was the full price for Inazuma Eleven? I've been waiting to check it out but tenbux is tenbux.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pegnose Pete posted:

What was the full price for Inazuma Eleven? I've been waiting to check it out but tenbux is tenbux.
Twenty.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Picked up Cave Story due to the sale, already had the DSi version but hey can't ever have too many copies of Cave Story. :v:

Ikachan worth the $2.50 or would it be better to just play the PC version?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Picked up Cave Story due to the sale, already had the DSi version but hey can't ever have too many copies of Cave Story. :v:

Ikachan is a good game, but the PC version is free and it is real short.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Is NA not getting the Pushmo World discount deal? That sorta sucks, still gonna get it though because Pushmo is the best.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Is NA not getting the Pushmo World discount deal? That sorta sucks, still gonna get it though because Pushmo is the best.

NA eshop never seems to get the "Discount if you own that other game" type deals. Two Tribes wanted to do it with Toki Tori 2 and their 3 classic games but were told they couldn't.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Ikachan is like 15-20 minutes long, it's more like a demo than an actual game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I know the DKC games were taken off the Wii store at some point but I hope at some point they are put on the Wii U Eshop. It could happen though, Donkey Kong Land is on the Japanese 3ds Eshop.