Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Incredible, I'm proud to be a member of Obama's Anti-American Homosexual Wildstar Brown-shirt Army. :nyan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

It's in the OP. Combine it with the one that lets you keybind LMB and RMB too.

How do you target things (eg for 'press t' quest items)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Mother FUCKER! We tried to squeeze out the last boss of Stormtalon before the shutdown, and he had just started the death animation when it went down. :smithicide:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

kingcobweb posted:

I used tab, but that is a bit unreliable.

I just experienced my first time having my Engi Bots aggro an enemy. Hopefully they fix that with this patch, or soon at least.

Also, I know it is platforming in an MMO, but some of these Explorer objectives are really cool

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 20, 2014

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

kingcobweb posted:

There's a key to unlock your mouse cursor. I haven't used it in a while because I combined it with having my attacks bound to LMB and RMB, which would gently caress with the targeting because it thinks I'm constantly clicking an empty space so it would lose the target. Doesn't really matter but very annoying.

Anyway, trying to roll a healer alt and I'm not sure which one is the best. This one would be pvp/pve spec. How are the healers different?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

washow posted:

There's a key to unlock your mouse cursor. I haven't used it in a while because I combined it with having my attacks bound to LMB and RMB, which would gently caress with the targeting because it thinks I'm constantly clicking an empty space so it would lose the target. Doesn't really matter but very annoying.

Anyway, trying to roll a healer alt and I'm not sure which one is the best. This one would be pvp/pve spec. How are the healers different?

I haven't checked, but you may need to activate that in the options, along with being allowed to disable the lock in combat. That is my only annoyance with Steer, really.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

FrancoFish posted:

Mother FUCKER! We tried to squeeze out the last boss of Stormtalon before the shutdown, and he had just started the death animation when it went down. :smithicide:

Oh man that's awful

wonder if it still gave you kill credit

e: what is this av

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I want to like Spellslinger, but I hit Innate a lot to toggle it for one cast and then back off and sometimes I just lose track. You also can't toggle it on/off if you have "Hold to Continue Casting" on and you're spamming your basic builder. Is there an addon to track surge more efficiently? What do you guys have your SS LABs bound to?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Is anyone doing vet dungeons as dps esper at 50? I'm doing well in them with a pretty utility focused build but my damage kinda sucks. I'm always #3 at the end, and I'm not even talking about mobility or anything. I do fine getting my attacks in, my damage just stinks. I feel like I do a lot of damage and interrupt tons of poo poo, then the ending scorecard makes me feel bad.

Hardly ever wasting PP or anything not sure if this is normal. My amps are pvp, maybe that's why?

Thumbtacks posted:

I want to like Spellslinger, but I hit Innate a lot to toggle it for one cast and then back off and sometimes I just lose track. You also can't toggle it on/off if you have "Hold to Continue Casting" on and you're spamming your basic builder. Is there an addon to track surge more efficiently? What do you guys have your SS LABs bound to?

I seriously don't get the SS innate. Sometimes I hit the key and nothing happens. It doesn't feel fluid like popping a trinket before a cast in WoW for example.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

THE PWNER posted:

Is anyone doing vet dungeons as dps esper at 50? I'm doing well in them with a pretty utility focused build but my damage kinda sucks. I'm always #3 at the end, and I'm not even talking about mobility or anything. I do fine getting my attacks in, my damage just stinks. I feel like I do a lot of damage and interrupt tons of poo poo, then the ending scorecard makes me feel bad.

Hardly ever wasting PP or anything not sure if this is normal. My amps are pvp, maybe that's why?

I seriously don't get the SS innate. Sometimes I hit the key and nothing happens. It doesn't feel fluid like popping a trinket before a cast in WoW for example.

Upping the ability queue might fix it, haven't tried it yet.

Also you're probably doing bad damage because you're using a utility focused build. :confused:

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Comments are glorious. So many people taking it at face value.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKARxVBqck

Where's the medic nerf?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

FrancoFish posted:

During one of our Tempest refuge runs on the EU last week we had the servers go down right as we were clicking on the final loot spam

THE PWNER posted:

From my experience using it there are points in the animations of casts it won't let you use it, quick draw is the biggest contender for this (as the Ability last longer than the CD)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That's a satirical website. You might as well have linked to The Onion.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Man I love new mmos. You always get videos of people ganking keyboard turners thinking they are the next drakedog.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Zephyrine posted:

That's a satirical website. You might as well have linked to The Onion.

That's the whole point; the comments treat it as being completely serious :ssh:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I watched for like three minutes and they hadn't even killed anyone

Someone decided to run away from the fight so they did, successfully

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Double Monocle posted:

Man I love new mmos. You always get videos of people ganking keyboard turners thinking they are the next drakedog.

It's always Evanescence. This planet could wither and die and at such a time as whatever survived evolved to a point where they make MMO ganking videos, the music will still be Evanescence.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

quote:

Crimelords of Whitevale

-Slightly increased the damage done by the Void's Fury in the Final Stage of the Redmoon storyline for Veteran Crimelords of Whitevale.
-Cap'n Barugh's Flame Sheath spell has been changed to allow Cap'n Barugh to chase players down while he has it applied.
-The radius of Cap'n Barugh's Flame Sheath has been doubled in size, and its damage has been adjusted to be less forgiving. Barugh will now cast this once more often per encounter.
-Players can no longer drag Captain Onghr out of his room in the Void's Fury.

Crimelords of Whitevale got nerfed.

Redmoon Marauder route is not gonna be the easiest anymore from the looks of it.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Thumbtacks posted:

Upping the ability queue might fix it, haven't tried it yet.

Also you're probably doing bad damage because you're using a utility focused build. :confused:

Well I'm also grouping with other people focusing on utility with pvp specs so eh

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

This has to be the most ignorant, biased, one-sided review I have ever seen in my entire life. Whoever wrote this review needs to be removed from the planet. The amount of bigotry, idiocy, and uneducated rubbish spewed forth by this review literally sickens me. It is quite obvious that whoever made this review is being paid to talk the most poo poo humanly possible for -no reason at all-. The game is literally HARMLESS other than making people want to play it more than doing other life things. I urge any players of Wildstar who come across this review to spread the word and to fight back. This isn’t about diplomacy, nor is it about dignity. This is about fighting the crooked and vile folks that try to brainwash the masses.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

lalaland posted:

This has to be the most ignorant, biased, one-sided review I have ever seen in my entire life. Whoever wrote this review needs to be removed from the planet. The amount of bigotry, idiocy, and uneducated rubbish spewed forth by this review literally sickens me. It is quite obvious that whoever made this review is being paid to talk the most poo poo humanly possible for -no reason at all-. The game is literally HARMLESS other than making people want to play it more than doing other life things. I urge any players of Wildstar who come across this review to spread the word and to fight back. This isn’t about diplomacy, nor is it about dignity. This is about fighting the crooked and vile folks that try to brainwash the masses.

I take it you regularly get mad at the Onion, too.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Pesterchum posted:

I take it you regularly get mad at the Onion, too.

Control+F the article :downs:

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Doublestep posted:

Control+F the article :downs:

I should have known. I make it a point never to read comments in articles for that reason!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's called Overload.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
C.R.E.D.D. is WELFARE COMMUNISTIC BOLLSHIT! You should all pay for your sub with real money (dollars, not eurotrash obv), only an honest and hard working man can do that!

That article is fun to read. But i am really disappointed. When i saw that link and that post i thought i can buy anti american homosexual rainbow wildstar Tshirts and all i get is some long winded article from some insane american dude. I want the Tshirts now and i am serious.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 20, 2014

Minsky
May 23, 2001

quote:

• All chat settings are now saved and restored correctly.

:wow:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

THE PWNER posted:

Depends on how much utility you're taking and what PVP amps you have vs pure damage amps. Can you link the build?

Also are you remembering to do stuff like casting another TKS at 5pp and MBing right after so you get the extra point?

There's also just straight up some lovely fights for Esper, like Stormtalon. Not much you can do about that but do the best you can.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Minsky posted:

quote:

All chat settings are now saved and restored correctly.

The best patch note. :allears:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So how do you get Malgrave Research Expedition rep, just by doing the Events in that area?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Looks like they cleaned up a WotW a little bit more, but (and I haven't run it yet to be totally sure) there still doesn't seem to be a fix for stomping the instance TOO hard.

Though they did actually nerf the charm ability. Instead of ALL YOUR DUDES it targets 3, and the cool down is 50 seconds.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Sab669 posted:

So how do you get Malgrave Research Expedition rep, just by doing the Events in that area?

You get 1500 for finishing the event, which is a daily quest

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
Wait, was TheZone disabled? It doesn't currently work for me, did Carbine decide it was overpowered?

I'm seriously loving Wildstar, though my biggest problem right now is managing all my quests. I honestly get confused about where to go as I level...I'm a level 14 Exile, chilling in Thayd, saddled with a bajillion quests....what's that mod that gets rid of quests under your level?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Guy hits like a wet noodle. I could just walk all the way back to town before he killed me.

Radio Talmudist posted:

Wait, was TheZone disabled? It doesn't currently work for me, did Carbine decide it was overpowered?

I'm seriously loving Wildstar, though my biggest problem right now is managing all my quests. I honestly get confused about where to go as I level...I'm a level 14 Exile, chilling in Thayd, saddled with a bajillion quests....what's that mod that gets rid of quests under your level?

I don't think there is a mod that does that. Check this out though. http://www.theflamewrought.com/exilezonemaps

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Looks like Repair All might be broken. People are saying that repairing each item individually still works, however.

Source: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80647-cant-repair-after-patch-20jun2014/#entry812778

Devs have reproduced and are fixing.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Radio Talmudist posted:

Just abandon all task quests you get. And get an addon called ayth.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Cool the patch cut my framerates in half

Hobbitron
Jul 6, 2005

Fool of a Took!

Harettazetta posted:

Jesus, PvP kills my right-mouse-button finger. So much spinning.

Not sure if this was answered or even a good suggestion for you but Lockdown is a great addon to give the mouse fingers a break.

It rebinds left and right click to - and = so with AutoHotKey you can assign regular attacks to them.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
I'm level 23 medic. I can finally go to whiterun. What is a quick way to level. I hear people talking about not taking task quests or other such things. Am I also an idiot for rolling on the pverp server? I just feel like I'm being left behind hearing of you guys with tons of plat and level 50s. I have two level 24s and almost 2 plat between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Wet Fifty posted:

I'm level 23 medic. I can finally go to whiterun. What is a quick way to level. I hear people talking about not taking task quests or other such things. Am I also an idiot for rolling on the pverp server? I just feel like I'm being left behind hearing of you guys with tons of plat and level 50s. I have two level 24s and almost 2 plat between them.

If you had put all the time you put into two level 24s into one dude you'd probably be 40+ now. Altitis is a common affliction and the most usual suspect for people who are underleveled/underperforming for the amount of time they play.

• Locked thread