Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bayern won four titles this season; complains about poo poo manager. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hrrm, yes, Spain and Barcelona never enjoyed a spell of relative dominance before turning to poo poo, no.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hrm yes, managing a team that won it the year before against an overall no real competition league sure is difficult.

Bayern are boring to watch, the players are even complaining

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Dunban posted:

Hm yes, winning the double which included winning the league earlier than anyone has ever managed to. That sure is some poo poo.

It's not as if Pep took a band of scruffy misfits and set the Bundesliga alight with them. There was a hell of a lot of quality on that team, so it's difficult to measure how effective he really was. I'm not a Pep hater by any means and was very happy when he came to us, but if he doesn't change his tactics at all next season we're in trouble. I think you're just being contrary but if you really don't see it I guess I don't know what to say.

Katana Gomai posted:

Bayern won four titles this season; complains about poo poo manager. :newlol:

It's not THAT we lost, it's HOW we ended up losing. You people can be awfully dense sometimes.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

antidote posted:

It's not THAT we lost, it's HOW we ended up losing. You people can be awfully dense sometimes.

Goddammit we know but how many times do you get to make fun of a team which won four titles in a single season? The fact that you guys consider yourselves poo poo because your football is not pretty enough :qq: is the only solace the rest of us have. I'm sorry that riles you up, I'm sure next season you'll finally be successful.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

antidote posted:

I'm not a Pep hater by any means and was very happy when he came to us, but if he doesn't change his tactics at all next season we're in trouble.

Did you not see the cup final? Pep is perfectly OK changing the way Bayern play to be successful. Sometimes his changes are just dumb, as seen vs Madrid.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
The thread title increases in intensity.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Post you're fridge

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

nippythefish posted:

The thread title increases in intensity.

speaking of, we need a new one for next season

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Katana Gomai posted:

speaking of, we need a new one for next season

current will probably be fitting for the next five seasons

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Die Bayern, Dortmund's Immobile

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

nippythefish posted:

current will probably be fitting for the next five seasons

I'm inclined to agree (and I came up with the current one) but we have to dig deeper, people!

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm inclined to agree (and I came up with the current one) but we have to dig deeper, people!

Bundesliga Megathread 2014/2015: Let's just keep pretending

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Bundesliga Megathread 2014/15: Tiki Taka's Last Stand

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pep in Tiki-Taka land

Though I vote no on that, someone else had that slightly modified as headline and it wasn't in Simpsons.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bayern's got Pep, Dortmund's Immobile

Meh

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bundesliga Megathread 2014/15: TRPPLUS

az
Dec 2, 2005

HSV suicide watch.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Bundesliga Megathread 2014/15: SPL 2.0

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Bundesliga Thread 2014/15: Imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Pep in Tiki-Taka land

Though I vote no on that, someone else had that slightly modified as headline and it wasn't in Simpsons.

I like it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

I like it.

Same, best of the ones we have so far. However we should wait at least until the end of the World Cup because "plastics welcome" is a valid option if Deutschland brings it home and everyone wants to be a Bundesliga fan all of a sudden. :respek:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Same, best of the ones we have so far. However we should wait at least until the end of the World Cup because "plastics welcome" is a valid option if Deutschland brings it home and everyone wants to be a Bundesliga fan all of a sudden. :respek:

In case we win the whole thing, I suggest simply "Bundesliga Megathread 2014/2015: Home"

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

In case we win the whole thing, I suggest simply "Bundesliga Megathread 2014/2015: Home"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Hoam

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Hoam ins Reich

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Soulex posted:

Hrm yes, managing a team that won it the year before against an overall no real competition league sure is difficult.

Bayern are boring to watch, the players are even complaining

It's a big reason why I stopped watching the Bundesliga. What Bayern did to Podolski was bullshit and it's probably not good for the league in general.

But on the flip side they are real Champion League contenders and it's nice to see a German team always competing for it so, I end up stomaching the poo poo they do in the Bundesliga.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Enigma89 posted:

It's a big reason why I stopped watching the Bundesliga. What Bayern did to Podolski was bullshit and it's probably not good for the league in general.

But on the flip side they are real Champion League contenders and it's nice to see a German team always competing for it so, I end up stomaching the poo poo they do in the Bundesliga.

"what Bayern did to Podolski" lmao

He wasn't good enough and didn't try hard enough. That's it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Heard a couple things through the grapevine about potential transfer dealings regarding Bayern, and since the transfer thread has been shot and buried:

Schweinsteiger staying is final, Kroos will probably be gone, maybe for a fee this year or on a free next.
Shaqiri to Liverpool will happen (though Di Marzio has been tooting that horn long enough for everyone to notice on twitter), while Bayern are really interested in signing Coutinho in exchange (both for money of course).
Juan Bernat from Valencia is apparently another target since Contento is highly likely to leave.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
And none of it will matter because they're gonna play boring loving tika taka garbage football and win a bunch of games against inferior opposition either way.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok, so the prelim fixtures are out. When will they be confirmed, anyone know? Gonna book flights / hotel to see a game so I'd like to know when the games are confirmed. Thanks.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ok, so the prelim fixtures are out. When will they be confirmed, anyone know? Gonna book flights / hotel to see a game so I'd like to know when the games are confirmed. Thanks.

Bundesliga doesn't fix the entire season at once, they usually do them in waves whenever the European matches are fixed. So expect gamedays 2-5 rather soon, 6-17 whenever the CL/EL qualifiers are done (mid August), and the 2nd half of the season somewhere in December.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
loving

http://mobil.mopo.de/panorama/vom-st--pauli-trainer-zum-rewe-boss-holger-stanislawski-wird-supermarkt-chef,23477806,27606940.html

lol

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's a game in October, vs Hamburg that I'm concerned about.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's a game in October, vs Hamburg that I'm concerned about.

You're gonna have to wait until the EL/CL qualifiers are over, but if you told us which game it is exactly, we can probably make a good guess when it'll be.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Welp, it's more future proof at least.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Katana Gomai posted:

You're gonna have to wait until the EL/CL qualifiers are over, but if you told us which game it is exactly, we can probably make a good guess when it'll be.

Katana Gomai posted:

Katana Gomai posted:

Cheers. It's Dortmund's home game vs Hamburg, 5th Oct (that weekend at least). Neither team have CL/EL qualifiers do they?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

:wtc:

First Wiese, now this.

Never stop being entertaining, Bundesliga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ICHIBAHN posted:

Cheers. It's Dortmund's home game vs Hamburg, 5th Oct (that weekend at least). Neither team have CL/EL qualifiers do they?

No they don't; Hamburg is poo poo and Dortmund already qualified for the CL. That's why I asked though: CL/EL games are being played during the week before that game, which means it's almost guaranteed to be on Saturday. Dortmund can't play on a Friday if they're playing CL on Tue/Wed, and the Sunday slots are usually saved for the EL teams so they don't have to play two days after their Thursday game. So the only question is whether the game will be at 15:30 or 18:30 on October 4th.

• Locked thread