Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Male of the Century posted:

Have you found a way to get it to stop trying to spam weaponskills without enough TP? I tried setting it to 999 instead of 100 but still nothing.
Oh, the WS function of it will just be broken without a total rewrite of the code in that area. I'll try to look into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

You could try clipper. I personally haven't used Cupper before, but everyone talks about it over clipper, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Either way, Clipper provides the speed boost, with Maintenance mode so you can run through everything without people seeing you move an inch - you just basically "teleport". GM flag/JAWait0/exclusions etc.

They can still see you when you go through walls or make yourself levitate. You really need to be careful with cupper's/clipper's maintenance mode. I sneak/invis myself just to be on the safe side. Players can still target you, but it is harder to see if you are doing anything that you should not be doing.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

Gruknor posted:

They can still see you when you go through walls or make yourself levitate. You really need to be careful with cupper's/clipper's maintenance mode. I sneak/invis myself just to be on the safe side. Players can still target you, but it is harder to see if you are doing anything that you should not be doing.

It also seems like a lot of walls and gaps you would want to use maintenance to walk through/across now have teleport zones attached to them which punt you back to the nearest walkable surface as soon as you enter. It makes getting around Adoulin considerably more annoying if you don't have all the traversal key items at least.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Tried soloing Raz'nar skirmish tonight and found it to not really be feasible. On a solo job, you will likely time out and on a DD job you're probably going to end up dying due to the trusts being even more retarded than the average pubbie.

My gear is far from perfect, but I assume if someone had awesome gear they wouldn't bother soloing it anyway.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Tried soloing Raz'nar skirmish tonight and found it to not really be feasible. On a solo job, you will likely time out and on a DD job you're probably going to end up dying due to the trusts being even more retarded than the average pubbie.

My gear is far from perfect, but I assume if someone had awesome gear they wouldn't bother soloing it anyway.

Did you try it on easy? Did you use cupper to run fast and through walls?

Some of the nms in that zone are a huge pain in the rear end with their aoe. Pet jobs will probably have a hard time, but might also have the best shot, if their pet can take hits.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Have any fishers found a replacement for Hakuryu yet? I'm toying around with Matsya, but my skill is a bit too low, I think, and they're awfully tedious besides. I'd prefer something I could NPC profitably. Right now, I'm just continuing to fish Hakuryu, they're not terrible.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Gruknor posted:

Did you try it on easy? Did you use cupper to run fast and through walls?

Some of the nms in that zone are a huge pain in the rear end with their aoe. Pet jobs will probably have a hard time, but might also have the best shot, if their pet can take hits.

I tried 1/1/1 on DNC and MNK, cupping pretty hard. On DNC I was doing ok while I was turtling, but it was taking too long so I tried to speed it up by busting out some SCs. I ended up getting para'd and dying. On MNK my NPCs ate a few AoEs and sat there curing themselves while I died lmbo

I wouldn't mind trying it on BST with the new HQ pets, but I have a feeling you would still time out. It could be possible with great gear and some luck, but if you're just after KIs it's a much better use of your time to just grab a few pubbies and burn 1/1/1 simalcrums.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

I tried 1/1/1 on DNC and MNK, cupping pretty hard. On DNC I was doing ok while I was turtling, but it was taking too long so I tried to speed it up by busting out some SCs. I ended up getting para'd and dying. On MNK my NPCs ate a few AoEs and sat there curing themselves while I died lmbo

I wouldn't mind trying it on BST with the new HQ pets, but I have a feeling you would still time out. It could be possible with great gear and some luck, but if you're just after KIs it's a much better use of your time to just grab a few pubbies and burn 1/1/1 simalcrums.

Even with really bad pubbies, you could at least do a 2/2/2. Now Yorica, Rala, and Cirdas; those I could see being solable with good gear and using trust npcs. I can duo all of the skirms that are not ra'kaznar. I can almost solo all of them except yorica. I bet I could solo yorica if I had better gear for my blm and sch to level 49. The Ra'kaznar skirm is a huge pain, and actually benefits from having multiple people going in and destroying all the mobs to get the correct amount of points for objective 1 and 2. If all six people use cupper and have okay to decent gear, it is easily doable.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I soloed a few Ralas and they were a cake walk with cupper and npcs. I wore full DD gear and only had to drop saber dance to cure poison a couple times. I don't imagine cirdas being much different.

I hope to see more people doing Raz skirmishes in the future as they are a really easy source of ilvl 119 gear for people who can't or don't want to do AA's or delve. I think the big limiting factors before were A) the drop rate on KIs was p bad, and B) Reives in Raz were somewhat difficult to solo and also had poo poo drop rates on statue parts. With those two issues resolved, who knows!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

I soloed a few Ralas and they were a cake walk with cupper and npcs. I wore full DD gear and only had to drop saber dance to cure poison a couple times. I don't imagine cirdas being much different.

I hope to see more people doing Raz skirmishes in the future as they are a really easy source of ilvl 119 gear for people who can't or don't want to do AA's or delve. I think the big limiting factors before were A) the drop rate on KIs was p bad, and B) Reives in Raz were somewhat difficult to solo and also had poo poo drop rates on statue parts. With those two issues resolved, who knows!

Another limiting factor is the poo poo droprates for either the KI or getting 6(I am not 100% you need that amount) of those wings. The ki can be used to convert a skirm+1 weap into a +2 weap, or skirm armor into +1 skirm armor. Skirm armor +1 augments can be really good.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I would be down to do some Raz skirmishes with goons as I'd like to get some of the 119 gear since I have yet to get into any Delves and such.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Condiv posted:

I would be down to do some Raz skirmishes with goons as I'd like to get some of the 119 gear since I have yet to get into any Delves and such.

This also is a thing I am up for, MNK/3 song BRD/SCH/BLM ready.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

This also is a thing I am up for, MNK/3 song BRD/SCH/BLM ready.

I am also up for doing some rak skirmish. I have a 3 song brd.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I'm down as well. It may have changed, but I heard the KI drop rate is the same for all difficulties. If thats still the case, the easiest way to get 119 stuff is to just burn a bunch of T1 pops. We could pretty much roll with whatever in that case. I have a few somewhat decently geared DD jobs I can bring.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Rumor is that Haste II is 30% magic haste. If it's Accessionable, goddamn. Same if BLU's incoming Erratic Flutter is also akin to Haste II and can be Diffusioned.

Is it now time to get our RDM on?????????????

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Almost a certainty you won't be able to Accession it. It's nice, but I'm not sure if it's enough to dedicate a spot for RDM's in 6 man events.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Eight-Six posted:

Rumor is that Haste II is 30% magic haste. If it's Accessionable, goddamn. Same if BLU's incoming Erratic Flutter is also akin to Haste II and can be Diffusioned.

Is it now time to get our RDM on?????????????

Smn is getting hastega II as well :v:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Taken as a whole, I can't imagine RDM being a burden with all the newer stuff. If 30% magic haste is true, Haste II alone is better than double March unless a Bard uses a 99 Gjallarhorn. Then there's also the -EVA/MEVA debuff, Snapshot spell for RNG/COR, Dia III, Refresh II, Slow II, the ability to at least do some magical nuking (although C+ Elemental magic skill).

But I always was an optimist. I'll take one for the team and build parties post-patch and take RDMs and see how it goes.

edit: this reminds me that the devs added Immunobreak to the game hahahah

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 26, 2014

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I usually hop on and off to take breaks between farming bouts of souls and gil items (38 souls left) but when do you guys want to try and setup some Raz skrimish runs? I still need to get to that area but it shouldn't be that hard to run there since I already picked up a number of the bivouacs in the drifts.

Also, for the Otronif gear on MNK do I want to try and get the double attack augments on the pieces I'll be using for TP? I presumed that's better than most other options and got that on the mask I had.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Sadly I'll be out of town this weekend and I have XIV raiding on tuesdays/wednesdays. However I'm sure there'll be multiple runs of this stuff.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

I usually hop on and off to take breaks between farming bouts of souls and gil items (38 souls left) but when do you guys want to try and setup some Raz skrimish runs? I still need to get to that area but it shouldn't be that hard to run there since I already picked up a number of the bivouacs in the drifts.

Also, for the Otronif gear on MNK do I want to try and get the double attack augments on the pieces I'll be using for TP? I presumed that's better than most other options and got that on the mask I had.

That seems to be what most mnks are doing.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
What is some useful stuff to pick up from this login campaign, aside from the cipher.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Cool Blue Reason posted:

What is some useful stuff to pick up from this login campaign, aside from the cipher.

Depends on where you're at in levels. If you're at 99 then grabbing devious die/liminal residue pouches wouldn't be a bad idea to sell for gil but if you're still doing caps then there are some items you can get with points to help you finish those up (especially the 95 fight).

Edit: I'm now getting pretty close to finishing my souls up within the next few days so I'd like to ask if anyone would be willing to help me farm Azdaja horns up. It'd make things go a lot faster if I could get an extra person or two to help hold onto the key item to pop him but if not I'll figure something out.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 27, 2014

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I know most people in goonshell are already aware, but I am buying all H-P Bayld you happen to come across. I still need ~12,000 of them, so go spam those WKRs and sell me your poo poo. I can start the quest in about 3 weeks and I'm trying to get as close as possible to being done before then.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Eight-Six posted:

Taken as a whole, I can't imagine RDM being a burden with all the newer stuff. If 30% magic haste is true, Haste II alone is better than double March unless a Bard uses a 99 Gjallarhorn. Then there's also the -EVA/MEVA debuff, Snapshot spell for RNG/COR, Dia III, Refresh II, Slow II, the ability to at least do some magical nuking (although C+ Elemental magic skill).

But I always was an optimist. I'll take one for the team and build parties post-patch and take RDMs and see how it goes.

edit: this reminds me that the devs added Immunobreak to the game hahahah
RDM could probably replace a WHM in a throw PLD and RNGs at stuff events or alliance content. I still wouldn't seek a RDM as I doubt many people have actually kept up with their gear or can actually play the job well considering the job has been dead since the cap went up to 80.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rune swrod get! :toot:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Rune swrod get! :toot:

congratulations

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
hey does anybody wanna trade their FFXI account for my FFXIV account? i have a lvl 50 paladin on it, nothing special (ilvl 83). i still have the fantasia potion so you can edit how the character looks like. i'm looking for a FFXI account with at least one max lvl job on it. thanks!
here's a picture of my character http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...racter/4464738/

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

tvayisnihyaami posted:

hey does anybody wanna trade their FFXI account for my FFXIV account? i have a lvl 50 paladin on it, nothing special (ilvl 83). i still have the fantasia potion so you can edit how the character looks like. i'm looking for a FFXI account with at least one max lvl job on it. thanks!
here's a picture of my character http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...racter/4464738/

Keep your FF14 account, start a new ffxi account. Getting to level 99 is easy, the hard parts are the limit break quests. Most of those are easy. You could probably get to 99 in a few days. The next 99 should take a few hours. Leveling is a joke with trust npcs, field/ground manuals, and Records of Eminence quests. If you need any help, you should start your character on the Quetzalcoatl server. Get into the goon linkshell called GetOut. Mostly the LS is either empty or filled with afking goons(it is what we do best), but every once in awhile someone is on that could answer your questions or help you.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

The only hard part about leveling up is not knowing what to do. If you are a true newbie to this game and don't have anyone to turn to for advice, here is a small sampling of very important things the game makes no mention of, let alone how to unlock them: Subjobs, chocobos, advanced jobs, limit breaks. Then there's all the time gating and the stuff you should unlock ASAP to build up stones, imprimiturs, ect. And then there's stuff that has no mention in game but that you'd probably happen upon eventually. Such as Homepoint teleports, maps, FoV/GoV, ect....

I still wonder how the first Japanese player who happened upon the subjob quest reacted. In a game who's quests give mostly worthless rewards, even back in the day, this random unassuming quest gives you one of the game's defining mechanics.

As for the limitbreak quests, only 2 of them are actually difficult anymore. 60 and 70. 60 can be trivialized with help, but god help you if you're anything but a WHM or THF for the 70 one.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Roflan posted:

The only hard part about leveling up is not knowing what to do. If you are a true newbie to this game and don't have anyone to turn to for advice, here is a small sampling of very important things the game makes no mention of, let alone how to unlock them: Subjobs, chocobos, advanced jobs, limit breaks. Then there's all the time gating and the stuff you should unlock ASAP to build up stones, imprimiturs, ect. And then there's stuff that has no mention in game but that you'd probably happen upon eventually. Such as Homepoint teleports, maps, FoV/GoV, ect....

I still wonder how the first Japanese player who happened upon the subjob quest reacted. In a game who's quests give mostly worthless rewards, even back in the day, this random unassuming quest gives you one of the game's defining mechanics.

As for the limitbreak quests, only 2 of them are actually difficult anymore. 60 and 70. 60 can be trivialized with help, but god help you if you're anything but a WHM or THF for the 70 one.

The last limit break is also hard, unless you get help and buy the right stuff with login points.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Cipher: Elivira
Shenni in Bastok Markets [S] (F-9)
1,000 Allied Notes

Cipher: Noillurie
Shixo in Southern San d'Oria [S] (F-9)
1,000 Allied Notes

Cipher: Lhu
Shuvo in Windurst Waters [S] (G-7)
1,000 Allied Notes

Cipher: F. Coffin
500 Sparks of Eminence

I got this information from darkcloudx on the ffxiah forums. Check it out on this link. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41400/trust-ciphers/25/#2653710

Anyone need any help getting any skirmish armor let me know. I am going to try and get skirmish armor(whm kind)for Mulebacca. Skirmish is a good way to get bayld, testing your skills, and armor that can be 119 if you upgrade it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Relatedly, how easy is it to solo Rala Skirmish? I realized I want a Lehbrailg+2 MACC staff but don't even have the NQ, so doing Yorcia for a chance at a translurry (or whatever it's called) is something I'd also help with.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Eight-Six posted:

Relatedly, how easy is it to solo Rala Skirmish? I realized I want a Lehbrailg+2 MACC staff but don't even have the NQ, so doing Yorcia for a chance at a translurry (or whatever it's called) is something I'd also help with.

you don't have to solo it, you can use trusts.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rala with trusts is very easy. I did it on dancer and monk with zero issues using kupipi, cherukiki and ulmia.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Cipher: Elivira
Shenni in Bastok Markets [S] (F-9)
1,000 Allied Notes

Cipher: Noillurie
Shixo in Southern San d'Oria [S] (F-9)
1,000 Allied Notes

Cipher: Lhu
Shuvo in Windurst Waters [S] (G-7)
1,000 Allied Notes

Cipher: F. Coffin
500 Sparks of Eminence

I got this information from darkcloudx on the ffxiah forums. Check it out on this link. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41400/trust-ciphers/25/#2653710

Anyone need any help getting any skirmish armor let me know. I am going to try and get skirmish armor(whm kind)for Mulebacca. Skirmish is a good way to get bayld, testing your skills, and armor that can be 119 if you upgrade it.
I still need to get some skirmish armor for myself and badd needs a lot of skirmish armor. I'll be available during the weekend :)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I massacred the poo poo out of 1/1/1 Rala, got a Lehbrailg on the first run, and upgraded it with a translurry I had lying around. Still up for doing Yorcia runs to fill in some holes in my Skirmish armor sets, namely Cizin gear.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
If you use Exiled to 'help' your 'stun macro', here's a file with most/all of the relevant TP moves - just put this in your Settings/Characters/*Character Name* folder.

https://mega.co.nz/#!6MUnwbJJ!yGsUkzMWjS_w17R3kr1R83nsKfuQm0y9aqWuDWQJAak

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 1, 2014

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

CubsWoo posted:

If you use Exiled to 'help' your 'stun macro', here's a file with most/all of the relevant TP moves - just put this in your Settings/Characters/*Character Name* folder.

https://mega.co.nz/#!6MUnwbJJ!yGsUkzMWjS_w17R3kr1R83nsKfuQm0y9aqWuDWQJAak

Speaking of Exiled, does the skillup app not work for anyone else? It casts one spell and just stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

Speaking of Exiled, does the skillup app not work for anyone else? It casts one spell and just stops.

Do you have the most recent fface.dll?