Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Stream up

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community

A friend of mine said they were hinting at an event earlier involving the Nexus from Star Trek Generations sometime this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Smirk didn't get to show off the new crafting system, with Cryptic's severs being as they were; but at least he was given the opportunity to meet The Senator again.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm reinstalling after not playing in about 3 years and I'm probably going to make a new character to play with friends. I don't remember how high level my old guy was, but I know I didn't get too far. The one thing I did do was drop about $30 on the booster packs of mission dudes, because I was bad with money. Can I use those guys on a new character under the same account, or are they going to be locked away?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Doff packs can be traded so you should be fine.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I just logged in. I'm a lv 24 federation captain. I had opened all my packs so I have 174 away mission officer guys. Are they also tradable?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

e: Thanks rail

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 21, 2014

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Richard M Nixon posted:

I just logged in. I'm a lv 24 federation captain. I had opened all my packs so I have 174 away mission officer guys. Are they also tradable?

You can mail them, I've never tried to trade one but I'd guess you can.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

wdarkk posted:

You can mail them, I've never tried to trade one but I'd guess you can.

As long as I can send them. Thanks for the good news.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Got more leaks on the Xindi lockbox, IQfleet knows nothing.

VVVV EDIT Keep in mind a lot of the things IQfleet finds have been floating around for years. There's all sorts of species and areas that never got finished and stayed in the game files. Take everything IQfleet reports with a grain of salt.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 21, 2014

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Erasing post due to wiki stance.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Edit: nvm. Most likely old news that didn't need repeating.

LordCo fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 21, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Korgan posted:

Got more leaks on the Xindi lockbox, IQfleet knows nothing.

Those new space guns look sick as fuuuuuuck.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I can't believe they really have a butts npc.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What's the ballpark on 9.5's release?

I need to get around to blowing all my EC on Biotech Patch for all of my guys before it drops.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 21, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Acer Pilot posted:

That would have been funny enough on its own, but the "hold onto your Butts" buff he hands out is going to be hilarious.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MikeJF posted:

What's the ballpark on 9.5's release?

I need to get around to blowing all my EC on Biotech Patch for all of my guys before it drops.

Stephen D'Angelo posted:

Season 9.5 will be on Tribble soon and will be live in late July.

So not too far off.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Acer Pilot posted:

Amazing, isn't it? :ussr:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Acer Pilot posted:

Wait, waaaiiit. What?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dinictus posted:

Wait, waaaiiit. What?

Check the upcoming stuff page on the wiki, down near the bottom. A tribute to Butts.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
The butts npc is going to force me into finally fixing my computer so I can [redacted]

Edit: oh gently caress

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 22, 2014

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Can I get wiki access for pollyzoid?

Everything is confusing again after being away for a while :ohdear:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Please give RichardNixon access to the wiki.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Pollyzoid posted:

Can I get wiki access for pollyzoid?

Everything is confusing again after being away for a while :ohdear:

Richard M Nixon posted:

Please give RichardNixon access to the wiki.

Done and done.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Isn't Butt's is going to be an NCP that hands out medial doff missions involving oral care. I heard it on Reddit so I don't know how true it is.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I thought he was gonna be the contact for a mini-arc about the Prime Directive and intervention in the case of a widespread and very preventable illness in a pre-warp but near warp civilization. That the plague that's threatening the species presents first as an oral infection and loss of teeth is just sort of a secret joke.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Anyways, it's all butt certain Butts will be in the next season!

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Mogomra posted:

The butts npc is going to force me into finally fixing my computer so I can do the disco party daily mission. Fuuuuck this game.

I assume the Butts NPC will hand out discoballs as a reward?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Tindahbawx posted:

I assume the Butts NPC will hand out discoballs as a reward?

Sorry, I forgot to keep the secret talk in the wiki/other thread.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Mogomra posted:

Sorry, I forgot to keep the secret talk in the wiki/other thread.

Is it still a secret?

http://iqfleet.org/private/leaks

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/28lg7k/season_95_leak_the_xindi_lockbox/

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No, the REAL secret. The secret of a certain Denalt who is becoming an NPC?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Although looking at that species list for expansion 2, christ, it's a total Voyager menagerie. :saddowns: Six new races from the Delta Quadrant. Because Kazon was just what this game needed.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

MikeJF posted:

Although looking at that species list for expansion 2, christ, it's a total Voyager menagerie. :saddowns: Six new races from the Delta Quadrant. Because Kazon was just what this game needed.
Look on the two bright sides: No Talaxians (that we know of), and the Hierarchy are just what this game needed.

Tumblr of scotch fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 22, 2014

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
There's a thread started where people are complaining that the floaters and boards for the Risa event aren't easy to control. I get the feeling that none of them realize that they can actually fly just by steering with the mouse.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1149961

There's always someone.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
The amount of pedantic, entitled whining that comes out of the STO community is vastly disproportionate to the difficulty and griefability of the game, in all honesty.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Looking at the forums getting rid of exploration missions is literally hitler if you need an idea how terrible the STO forum community is.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Looking at the forums getting rid of exploration missions is literally hitler if you need an idea how terrible the STO forum community is.

But without the genesis missions how will I roleplay my space Indiana Jones character? Those relics of the Borg 7th Dynasty belong in a museum!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Exploration missions made me quit STO for a fact in the past and I'm incredulous Cryptic made it better since the first year of this game. These people are insane.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The complaining about exploration missions basically comes down to "change is scary!! :qq:" They are literally pointless in the current game, are broken in various ways and have been for years, and are an active detriment to player retention as people stumble onto them and think they'd be fun or useful. Basically, any pubbies you see whining about them going away is probably beset with a wide assortment of mental and social handicaps.

In other news that came up with the forums were down... new crafting!!! Good news is, the TR-whatever kinetic sniper rifle returns in an endgame form, along with omni-directionals beam arrays (although they're still unique-equipped per energy type) and wide-angle DHCs (probably the same), along with a few other toys. On the other hand, at best and after a long costly grind you'll have a 33% chance of getting a purple, you have no choice in mods even if you do, and it takes three days per attempt unless you want to spend 20k dil. Basically it's making it more like the massive cash sinks in Neverwinter which nobody anywhere asked for. Good news is, almost all of it's BoE so you can just let idiots gamble their dilithium away and buy anything useful off the exchange instead.

Of course they also increased the price of fleet and rep weapons for what are purely coincidental reasons. :jerkbag:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

In other news that came up with the forums were down... new crafting!!! Good news is, the TR-whatever kinetic sniper rifle returns in an endgame form, along with omni-directionals beam arrays (although they're still unique-equipped per energy type) and wide-angle DHCs (probably the same)

Rainbow 360 beamboats, hurrah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Rainbow 360 beamboats, hurrah!

Carriers and other slow-turners will be thankful, as could shuttles. The gear exists to make it work well enough. Means a general increase in damage dealt since more stuff will be firing on target.

quote:

Of course they also increased the price of fleet and rep weapons for what are purely coincidental reasons.

To what degree?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 26, 2014

• Locked thread