Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I think Gappy very well could steal the life out of someone to insta kill them. However, he's looking for information on who he is - he's not looking to kill all his enemies. I think he can only steal physical things as well, which is why he can't steal the enemy's ability to lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Hey people, I've done a thing

It's some kind of poo poo/clever mashup

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I never knew that I needed this until just now.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is it true that the arrows are made of midi-chlorians or something?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

amuayse posted:

Is it true that the arrows are made of midi-chlorians or something?

Well, the arrowheads were carved from a weird meteorite, if that's what you're referring to.

Proof that Stands are actually aliens! It all makes sense now, why the arrow couldn't pierce Mikitaka, he was from the same planet the meteorite was from :tinfoil:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funny Valentine's ASB theme is pretty great. It almost makes me forget he tried to rape a fourteen year old girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZQc7Dg0Ck

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Someone on the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 translation team is a Jojo fan.

Spoilers for case 2. (not immediately noticeable but tagged just in case)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

At the end of Steel Ball Run, when all those Funny Valentines are falling into the hole forever one after another because of the Golden Ratio Tusk, why does one suddenly get to talk for an extended amount of time to convince Johnny that he's not such a bad guy and should be let go? Because it's a comic and talking is a free action?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Potsticker posted:

At the end of Steel Ball Run, when all those Funny Valentines are falling into the hole forever one after another because of the Golden Ratio Tusk, why does one suddenly get to talk for an extended amount of time to convince Johnny that he's not such a bad guy and should be let go? Because it's a comic and talking is a free action?

It's specifically because he doesn't try to leave the hole at all, I think, whereas every other time he gets forced to stay in place.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well, the arrowheads were carved from a weird meteorite, if that's what you're referring to.

Proof that Stands are actually aliens! It all makes sense now, why the arrow couldn't pierce Mikitaka, he was from the same planet the meteorite was from :tinfoil:

Polnareff refers to some sort of alien virus that's why.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mighty Dicktron posted:

It's specifically because he doesn't try to leave the hole at all, I think, whereas every other time he gets forced to stay in place.

Oh, okay. That makes some sense.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

amuayse posted:

Polnareff refers to some sort of alien virus that's why.

I'm really glad this was one of Araki's lingering plot points, because that whole concept was really dumb.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

A while back I made a comment about the necessity of name changes in localized media. And I have to say I find it pretty funny how even though they changed so many names, they didn't change the voice acting in All Star Battle so it's all essentially still there. I mean it doesn't matter if the subtitles say "lil bomber" or whatever, you are clearly hearing AEROSUMISU and PORUNAREFFO etc coming from the character's mouths.

Polnareff's name change is pretty strange though because I own the Stardust Crusaders manga, and they didn't change it there. And I'm not sure what's up with Bucciarati.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Both Buccellati and Bucciaratti have been used in the past, it's kind of a clusterfuck. Buccellati makes the most sense since it refers to a pastry, keeping with the food theme they have in Vento Aureo. http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buccellato

Bucciarati doesn't mean anything as far as I know. I think it's a mistranslation.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 19, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Buccellati is the actual name. It's what was used in the Capcom game, it's the name in JoJoveller, and it's a reference to both the pastry and a fashion designer, Gianmaria Buccellati. No doubt the latter reason is why it was changed into "Bucciarati" of bad Part 5 translation infamy in ASB.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Buccellati is the actual name. It's what was used in the Capcom game, it's the name in JoJoveller, and it's a reference to both the pastry and a fashion designer, Gianmaria Buccellati. No doubt the latter reason is why it was changed into "Bucciarati" of bad Part 5 translation infamy in ASB.

Wait, where was Buccellati in the capcom game?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His name is spelled in plain English when you are playing him in the Part 5 beat 'em up.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh, I forgot that game existed. I thought you were talking about the part 3 capcom game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews for today's episode: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/12.html

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel like that just spoils the entire premise.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, a bit.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Jojolion chapter 33 text translation is up: http://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/39987

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Kabanaw posted:

Jojolion chapter 33 text translation is up: http://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/39987

So is Jobin a douchebag in disguise?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, since there are going to be 48 episodes overall, I guess the rest of this first part will be as follows:

13. Wheel of Fortune
14. Justice - Part 1
15. Justice - Part 2
16. Lovers - Part 1
17. Lovers - Part 2
18. The Sun/Beginning of Death Thirteen Introduction
19. Death Thirteen - Part 1
20. Death Thirteen - Part 2
21. Judgment - Part 1
22. Judgment - Part 2
23. High Priestess - Part 1
24. High Priestess - Part 2/Iggy Introduction(?)

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Most of these fights don't need 2 episodes at all though. If they want the anime to be genuine, they won't add too many filler.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

legendsuper posted:

Most of these fights don't need 2 episodes at all though. If they want the anime to be genuine, they won't add too many filler.

Justice honestly deserves zero episodes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Justice honestly deserves zero episodes.

What's wrong with it?

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Basically it's just a really, really short fight; Jotaro kinda punks Enya with little to no effort. It's literally as easy as breathing for him. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, for a Stand that seemed like it'd be really powerful, Justice went down surprisingly quickly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The set up is pretty cool, though.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Polnareff licking a toilet and then being made fun of by the others deserves at least an entire episode!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

standard owl posted:

Polnareff licking a toilet and then being made fun of by the others deserves at least an entire episode!

Poor Polnareff.

If I had to guess on episodes for the latter half, I'd say:

29. The Fool/Geb - Part 1
30. The Fool/Geb - Part 2
31. Oingo and Boingo
32. Anubis - Part 1
33. Anubis - Part 2
34. Bast
35. Seth + Hol Horse attempts to shoot Dio
36. D'Arby 1 - Part 1
37. D'Arby 1 - Part 2
38. Hol Horse and Boingo
39. Pet Shop
40. D'Arby 2 - Part 1
41. D'Arby 2 - Part 2
42. Vanilla Ice - Part 1
43. Vanilla Ice - Part 2
44. Vanilla Ice - Part 3
45. Suzie Q visits Holly/Dio - Part 1
46. Dio - Part 2
47. Dio - Part 3
48. Dio - Part 4(?)/Epilogue

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 21, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

standard owl posted:

Have empress come back and end up on polnareffs chin somehow.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Poor Polnareff.

If I had to guess on episodes for the latter half, I'd say:

29. The Fool/Geb - Part 1
30. The Fool/Geb - Part 2
31. Oingo and Boingo
32. Anubis - Part 1
33. Anubis - Part 2
34. Bast
35. Seth + Hol Horse attempts to shoot Dio
36. D'Arby 1 - Part 1
37. D'Arby 1 - Part 2
38. Hol Horse and Boingo
39. Pet Shop
40. D'Arby 2 - Part 1
41. D'Arby 2 - Part 2
42. Vanilla Ice - Part 1
43. Vanilla Ice - Part 2
44. Vanilla Ice - Part 3
45. Suzie Q visits Holly/Dio - Part 1
46. Dio - Part 2
47. Dio - Part 3
48. Dio - Part 4(?)/Epilogue

The more theorizing I see, the more I think they didn't need 48 episodes at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why not? Geb was a puzzle-ish fight, as were both D'Arbys. And two episodes for Anubis would be great considering how much of an amazing fight it had, though I might be biased given that it was my favorite Stand from Part III.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
48 sounds about right, later fights get longer and longer. Also there are a lot of comedy scenes that were removed in the OVAs, for example the toilet pig scene.

All of that put together makes a lot of episodes.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 21, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How can you have Stardust Crusaders without comedy scenes? I'm pretty sure more than half of the scenes where Jotaro beats the crap out of someone (with the exception of instances like DIO, Kakyoin, and Geb) are played for laughs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want to see friends of justice animated. Do not take this from me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The High Priestess fight is what I'm waiting as it contains one of the single best jokes in the whole series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How can you have Stardust Crusaders without comedy scenes? I'm pretty sure more than half of the scenes where Jotaro beats the crap out of someone (with the exception of instances like DIO, Kakyoin, and Geb) are played for laughs.

That's what the Bast fight (one of my favorite ones) is all about.

• Locked thread