Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SRM posted:

But does he make bikes Troops?

No, he makes baneblades troops, another cash grab by GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
You can take all of the Bikes you want. Or all of the Killa Kans you want. This is exactly why Unbound exists.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Lord Twisted posted:

Lol if they lose bodies at the end of combats it's going to be - charge, then lose dudes on the charge, lose dudes in combat, lose dudes at the end of combat. Ridiculous

GW Exec: You know the worst part of 5e?
GW Writer: Yea, the Fearless wounds from losing combat.
GW Exec: Yea, lets bring that back but just for one army so they can be unique.
GW Writer: But literally everyone hated that rule. It actively turned people off the hobby.
GW Exec: Na, you're wrong, people loved it. Bring it back for Orks because they have large mobs of units that are designed to win by attrition so they can stand to lose the extra guys. Also, make it a random table some how. People love random tables.
GW Writer: I'm going to go work on Hawk Wargames Game's new space ship combat game.

Also, there is going to be a new space combat game by Hawk Wargames. The makers of Drop-zone Commander. Andy Chambers is helping them write it.

Two Feet From Bread fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 21, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Where can I find out more? That's really exciting.

EDIT: The Kommandos arrived yesterday. Very pleased to discover that they are metal. Thanks again!

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 21, 2014

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Sulecrist posted:

Where can I find out more? That's really exciting.

EDIT: The Kommandos arrived yesterday. Very pleased to discover that they are metal. Thanks again!

Oops, I though I said that they were metal. Most of the boxes were finecast or plastic. I think that was one of the few boxes that was metal.

Also, From Mr. Hawk himself.

Edit: loving Quote != Edit.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ghost Hand posted:

Awesome - Ork codex isn't even out and everyone has declared it dead and poo poo all over it already. The merry-go-round never stops.

Feel free to go hang out on your own IC forums and avoid all the doom and gloom of people who don't lap up everything GW burps out.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

IG was going to be a bad codex too, wasn't it?

It doesn't have Marbo so therefore it is in fact objectively terrible. :colbert:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 21, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Aren't the naysayers generally proved justified in pessimism as a general principle, even if not in the specifics? Tyranids might not be dead in the water like some were saying, but they're still a narrow, wet fart of a codex according to just about everything I see. 7th Edition tossed gameplay a couple of bones but was still massively undeserving of the title (and price point) of a new edition. "In reality, it wasn't altogether as bad as the most pessimistic corners of the internet were expecting" is really goddamn faint praise.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

Feel free to go hang out on your own IC forums and avoid all the doom and gloom of people who don't lap up everything GW burps out.

Fight fight fight fight

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Cataphract posted:

Fight fight fight fight

Not really. But bitching about bitching is incredibly stupid. If you don't like the moaning, change the channel. No amount of "Not this again" will make it stop, so just go read/watch/do something else until a week after the codex drops officially. Or if you insist on staying here, accept the fact that GW fans can also be it's greatest detractors and quit crying about people bagging on new releases.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
All I can say is that my dislike for GW is purely fueled by the fact that every poor business decision and every sub-par codex they made brings us closer and closer to a world where FW won't be able to come out with IA8:2E with a full Elysian Drop Troop list complete with Warlord Traits and special characters. I want this game to continue so badly, yet they keep making such counter-productive decisions it's hard to take anything positively.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JerryLee posted:

Aren't the naysayers generally proved justified in pessimism as a general principle, even if not in the specifics? Tyranids might not be dead in the water like some were saying, but they're still a narrow, wet fart of a codex according to just about everything I see. 7th Edition tossed gameplay a couple of bones but was still massively undeserving of the title (and price point) of a new edition. "In reality, it wasn't altogether as bad as the most pessimistic corners of the internet were expecting" is really goddamn faint praise.

See GW products are like... iphones, and it's your privilege to spend 600USD every year on the new version or get one of those lovely hawkdroids

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

Awesome - Ork codex isn't even out and everyone has declared it dead and poo poo all over it already. The merry-go-round never stops.

This plus every codex that will be released and 40k in general. RIP

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Lasting Damage posted:

Yeah, how quickly people forget Biker Nobs.

Biker Nobs were great because of wound allocation shenanigans and 4+ FnP of 5th edition, neither of which had anything to do with the actual Ork codex (which I believe came out before 5th edition dropped, if I'm not mistaken)

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 21, 2014

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Evidently Gazzy now gets Eternal Warrior, though he loses the +2A on charge. I can deal. I'm really hoping he has some ridiculous army-wide ability or something to justify himself in a LoW slot, though. I do recall some formation that let you launch a WAAAAGH! every turn after the first, but since regular boyz all have 'Ere We Go, I'm not certain what WAAAGH! will do this codex.*

I just finished dremel-ing off all the extra poo poo from a Kill Bursta, so Ghaz is soon going to have to compete with a 14/12/10 Large Blast S:D monstrosity at 400 pts. The best part is that for 50 less, it's a S7 AP3 blast whose radius is 3d6. :getin:

Edit: *Apparently +1 WS for mans and extra shots for planes :shrug:

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 21, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I though Ghazghkull already had EW.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oh you cut me to the core.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
So if there's no more cybork on nobz, is there a way besides Mad Doc Grotsnik (if he even still has that ability) to give units invul saves? I'd hope it'd be a painboy thing in general now at least. And do they still have the same statline or did they get a painboss boost?

Bikes sound like they lost some durability but kept the point costs. Wondering what's all in the weapon charts with points but the relics are what I'm really curious about.

And what about the SAG?

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 21, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Why do half of you even play the loving game? Every month it's just more 'GW is poo poo' and 'the game is ruined'. This is an awfully expensive hobby especially if you're not even loving enjoying yourself. Instead of staring in impotent rage at GWs poo poo rules, why don't you play a game with good rules (literally anything else is better than this) or try to actually have fun playing the game without freaking out about how Codex: Orks dragged your dog out back and shot it? If you're going to have fun playing 40k it's going to be in spite of the rules writing, not because of it. Put on power glove and deep strike 10 vanguard veterans in the middle of your enemies army and see what happens (it will be cool). A book of toy rules is not worth being this negative about.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yeah, I don't really get it. I know it's pointless to bitch about people bitching because yeah, why not just go to another thread about something else right? Thing is I don't really read other forums or go to 40K forums on other sites. This is pretty much the only forum where I read anything 40K related and every time a new Codex is released it's the same loving thing over and over and over again.

The only time it wasn't was the last Imperial Guard Codex but that got over taken by all the bitching about 7th Ed.

Maybe it's because I don't play the game enough to care but if I was as consistently annoyed and pissed off at GW like a lot of you are, I'd loving quit this stupid hobby and quit it fast. I cannot for the life of me understand why most of you keep playing this game and buying GW products if it angers and upsets you this much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're not justified in your various complaints. I just want to see you guys get the sweet release you need by abandoning that which used to provide you with pleasure but is now only filling your life with endless pain and torture.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not really. But bitching about bitching is incredibly stupid. If you don't like the moaning, change the channel. No amount of "Not this again" will make it stop, so just go read/watch/do something else until a week after the codex drops officially. Or if you insist on staying here, accept the fact that GW fans can also be it's greatest detractors and quit crying about people bagging on new releases.

I thought there was already a thread for moaning about GW though?

We are at the point in this one now where it's just days of white noise before, during, and after ever release. It might as well be happycat spam for the value it brings to the thread.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Why do half of you even play the loving game?

Fix posted:

Seriously, I just hate guardsmen and like to watch them die.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

At least Black Library loving up the release means people have real details from the codex to bitch about for a week and a half instead of contradictory made up rumours in the usual places? :shrug:

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Saalkin posted:

I think 5th was a str3 for open tops.
6th changed it to str4.

Thats what I recall anyways.

This is correct. Explosions have slowly been nudging up in lethality since 5E.

If Ghazgull takes a LoW slot that's not actually a big deal unless he has the same "bonus VP for hurting me" thing as the Escalation units. Hell, all it really does is make him not take an HQ slot, so you gotta fill that with something else. None of the other Ork stuff seems like a huge deal one way or another, so we'll see how it plays out, but the random table for Mob Rule doesn't excite me.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I thought there was already a thread for moaning about GW though?

We are at the point in this one now where it's just days of white noise before, during, and after ever release. It might as well be happycat spam for the value it brings to the thread.

Strictly speaking, the other thread is for complaining about prices/corporate outlook. Even as someone who argued for moving pricechat to that thread, I'd think this thread is still fair game for discussion of game rules, including leaked information and inferences.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

AbusePuppy posted:

This is correct. Explosions have slowly been nudging up in lethality since 5E.

If Ghazgull takes a LoW slot that's not actually a big deal unless he has the same "bonus VP for hurting me" thing as the Escalation units. Hell, all it really does is make him not take an HQ slot, so you gotta fill that with something else. None of the other Ork stuff seems like a huge deal one way or another, so we'll see how it plays out, but the random table for Mob Rule doesn't excite me.

quote:

ESCALATION SECONDARY OBJECTIVE
Through Attrition, Victory
At the end of the game, you score 1 Victory Point for every 3 full Hull Points or Wounds
that have been lost by an enemy Lords of War unit. Note that Hull Points or Wounds
that have been lost but subsequently recovered due to Repair rolls, It Will Not Die or
by any other means are not counted when determining these Victory Points.

Yeah, it's looking like that'll be the case, since the rule is just for Lords of War, not just Super-Heavies or Gargantuan Creatures. With that being said, a single VP isn't USUALLY going to be a deciding factor in a game, so aside from the free HW slot I doubt it's going to amount to much. Of course, that makes the choice to put him in that slot all the more baffling, but :GW:

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Why do half of you even play the loving game? Every month it's just more 'GW is poo poo' and 'the game is ruined'. This is an awfully expensive hobby especially if you're not even loving enjoying yourself. Instead of staring in impotent rage at GWs poo poo rules, why don't you play a game with good rules (literally anything else is better than this) or try to actually have fun playing the game without freaking out about how Codex: Orks dragged your dog out back and shot it? If you're going to have fun playing 40k it's going to be in spite of the rules writing, not because of it. Put on power glove and deep strike 10 vanguard veterans in the middle of your enemies army and see what happens (it will be cool). A book of toy rules is not worth being this negative about.

Oh, gently caress off. People are talking about the new release, which doesn't look that great from what we've heard. Should we just sit and not talk about the new 40K release in the 40K thread just because some people are disappointed their army isn't getting the update they had hoped they would get? And for god's sake, you can despise the company and enjoy the game-hell, I despise the company BECAUSE I enjoy the game! I play 40K on a weekly basis, and I have a good time with my friends more often than not, which is why I get so upset that the company is doing their best to gently caress everything up. My dream is to have a full Elysian Drop Troop army one day, and every month that GW releases a half-baked new edition or a sub-par codex is a day closer that the company collapses before I can field it. So yeah, I think I'm fully justified being negative, especially after the last update to my codex wiped out half of the coolest characters in the book, nerfed the rest but one into nigh-unusability, and in return we got a unit that's so staggeringly undercosted I feel guilty when I even think about using it, while the rest of the long-running issues in the book weren't even addressed. But I'm not going to stop playing, because I enjoy the game, I enjoy discussing it, so gently caress you for telling me I shouldn't be playing or talking about the game I put so much effort and money into over the last three years.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
"Despite GW, I like 40k"

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
KFFs, has anyone confirmed they don't work in close combat yet? They were changed to affect models in 6" with a 5++ invul save. I can see running a KFF mek with a squad of nobs and a pain boss in a wagon now.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I despise the company BECAUSE I enjoy the game!

Make this the new thread title, thanks in advance.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

JerryLee posted:

Make this the new thread title, thanks in advance.

I hate because I love (to hate).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Fix posted:

I hate because I love (to hate).

My emotions say "oh hell yes $15 dreadnought" but my rational faculties say "you have way the hell too much plastic, metal and resin to work through already." :smith:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Okay, for those of you with the Ork codex.

I've got 10 Nobz, 5 Black Reach and the Nobz boxed set. I want to put together and paint a decent combat unit (hopefully Warlords still make a unit of nobz troops).

What do you recommend I equip them with. I won't be getting the Ork codex until it is released, but I have time today to model and start painting a unit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

JerryLee posted:

My emotions say "oh hell yes $15 dreadnought" but my rational faculties say "you have way the hell too much plastic, metal and resin to work through already." :smith:

Correction: $15 Ironclad dreadnought. I have not yet begun to give away normal dreadnoughts.

Fix fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jun 21, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - Hatred (Games Workshop)

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Moola posted:

Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - Preferred Enemy (Games Workshop)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - It Will Not Die!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercloud posted:

Okay, for those of you with the Ork codex.

I've got 10 Nobz, 5 Black Reach and the Nobz boxed set. I want to put together and paint a decent combat unit (hopefully Warlords still make a unit of nobz troops).

What do you recommend I equip them with. I won't be getting the Ork codex until it is released, but I have time today to model and start painting a unit.

Current edition? A WAAUUGH banner (might not be in the new edition), a pair of klaws, and maybe a few 'uge choppas (though I would wait to see what the new codex does with them). You don't want to go too crazy with them; they are great because they put out a boatload of S5 attacks on the charge for fairly cheap.
Armour isn't a bad idea, neither is cybork body. I wouldn't take both. Though that's generally more abstract in terms of modeling a unit unless you want to go crazy with bitz/armor plates.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Orks look pretty disappointing. I think I'm going to give it up.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
On 40k or life in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

LordAba posted:

Current edition? A WAAUUGH banner (might not be in the new edition), a pair of klaws, and maybe a few 'uge choppas (though I would wait to see what the new codex does with them). You don't want to go too crazy with them; they are great because they put out a boatload of S5 attacks on the charge for fairly cheap.
Armour isn't a bad idea, neither is cybork body. I wouldn't take both. Though that's generally more abstract in terms of modeling a unit unless you want to go crazy with bitz/armor plates.

New edition. I'm not going to put together stuff to literally want to change it in a week. Anyone here get the new codex already?

• Locked thread