Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Blood Angels are the next codex right, according to speculation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Either Blood Angels or Space Wolves (Woofs have a slightly older codex, but it has aged better.) However, it's really just speculation currently- it would be surprising to see either of them not get an update soon, but we don't know anything specific that actually serves as evidence for them being so.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Fingers crossed for plastic Sisters next?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Has there been any movement or player-created rule to make Shadows in the Warp useful? Kind of a bummer that it's basically pointless right now.

Also, any UK goons going to the 40K Open Day? No one from my group is going and I'm away that weekend, but I really want to get a Horus Heresy shirt. I can't fathom why GW don't sell the shirts as a regular item.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Next oldest after those two is Dark Eldar I believe, then Grey Knights, then Necrons. Those are the last 5th codexes.

Enentol posted:

Too much money to tool when they don't have a guaranteed return, I'd say.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enough with "depressing poo poo time" - it's now "cool poo poo time!"

This is for Ausgoons in particular; I've seen these guys before but haven't looked at them for several months.
Imagine my surprise to see-

All made of wood and cheap as!

Also, because it's terrain too, linky!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Irate Tree posted:

This is for Ausgoons in particular; I've seen these guys before but haven't looked at them for several months.

I dig the "Storm Penguin" there. Also, in a coming soon thing, they showed the TornaDodo:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Wow. The MDF stuff that's coming out recently can be really amazing.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Too much money to tool when they don't have a guaranteed return, I'd say.

GW says that plastic molds cost a million billion Buckazoids but they make stuff like Space Hulk a limited run, release one-time-only plastic minis for their conventions, and so on. It's pure trash.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Why do half of you even play the loving game? Every month it's just more 'GW is poo poo' and 'the game is ruined'. This is an awfully expensive hobby especially if you're not even loving enjoying yourself. Instead of staring in impotent rage at GWs poo poo rules, why don't you play a game with good rules (literally anything else is better than this) or try to actually have fun playing the game without freaking out about how Codex: Orks dragged your dog out back and shot it? If you're going to have fun playing 40k it's going to be in spite of the rules writing, not because of it. Put on power glove and deep strike 10 vanguard veterans in the middle of your enemies army and see what happens (it will be cool). A book of toy rules is not worth being this negative about.

I DON'T play the game. That's why I was hoping a new codex would give me army a little more life in an environment which has grown increasingly unmanageable. I care because I spent a shitload of time and money enjoying this game the first time around and I was hoping to recreate that.

But I can't get any of my friends into 40k because armies cost a million billion dollars now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Irate Tree posted:

Those are pretty drat cool actually.
Although I can't help but to love that their buggy is pretty much the buggy you get in Borderlands 1. But the APC/Tank looks pretty cool though.

Otherwise there are these guys I think someone or possibly me linked in a previous thread:
http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/index.php?route=common/home

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 21, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ghost Hand posted:

Oh you cut me to the core.

Not meant to be cutting, but why is anyone surprised that people belly ache about new stuff from GW? And if it is so bothersome to scroll past posts that gripe, maybe a few regulars of this thread should think about taking a brief sabbatical until the codex is out. Though admittedly with GWs new release schedule the griping may never let up.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 21, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I hear some people are saying the Ork codex is kinda bad, but others are saying it's not so bad.

I don't know what to believe any more.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Moola posted:

I hear some people are saying the Ork codex is kinda bad, but others are saying it's not so bad.

I don't know what to believe any more.

It will probably be mediocre.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Ignite Memories posted:

I DON'T play the game. That's why I was hoping a new codex would give me army a little more life in an environment which has grown increasingly unmanageable. I care because I spent a shitload of time and money enjoying this game the first time around and I was hoping to recreate that.

But I can't get any of my friends into 40k because armies cost a million billion dollars now.

Yeah this minus the friends because by default plastic space barbie players don't have any. But seriously I summed it up to a guy by saying "Only this company could make an army that looks so fun to play this frustrating to actually play." Ugh, if the KFF poo poo is true I have to go back to the drawing board.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
What are some better game systems I could try to use my 40k models with?

Did Mantic ever put out those skirmish game rules?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Moola posted:

Necromunda.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

Mantic skirmish rules are on the way in the near future. So is the third edition of Infinity, with tighter rules and better translations. For that matter you could use the community edition Necromunda rules if you want a skirmish level game.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OB_Juan posted:

I dig the "Storm Penguin" there. Also, in a coming soon thing, they showed the TornaDodo:

That thing looks boss. I love how the person/people running it seem so cool and relaxed. Reading their pdf instructions certainly gives that sense.

There was also this thing that they experimented with. No idea if it's actually going to end up on sale.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

krushgroove posted:

Has there been any movement or player-created rule to make Shadows in the Warp useful? Kind of a bummer that it's basically pointless right now.

My 'player movement' was to stop playing 40k and purchase $10,000 worth of warhams at a discount and resell them to goons for enough money to start a new terrible hobby. So far, my plan is working great except that I just can't find a hobby terrible enough as warhams that interests me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Ugh, stop reminding me of the Orca design from C&C3 instead of the really cool one from Tiberian Sun. :mad:

Irate Tree posted:

That thing looks boss. I love how the person/people running it seem so cool and relaxed. Reading their pdf instructions certainly gives that sense.

There was also this thing that they experimented with. No idea if it's actually going to end up on sale.

drat. :aaa: I love all the little details on that thing like the ammo belt and such.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

OB_Juan posted:

Man, that'd make a kickass Vulture.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cooked Auto posted:

Ugh, stop reminding me of the Orca design from C&C3 instead of the really cool one from Tiberian Sun. :mad:

drat. :aaa: I love all the little details on that thing like the ammo belt and such.

That and that he's so fat and squat. "Yeah, I've got weight management issues, so what! You wanna fight about it!?"

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

It is useful? A blanket -3 leadership to psykers is good in general and it punishes heavy warp users (daemons, eldar) by making miscasts worse.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Irate Tree posted:

Augh it's all in Australia. I wonder how bad the shipping would be for the States?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Man, that'd make a kickass Vulture.

Yeah I was thinking the same actually when I saw it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lungboy posted:

Necromunda.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mantic skirmish rules are on the way in the near future. So is the third edition of Infinity, with tighter rules and better translations. For that matter you could use the community edition Necromunda rules if you want a skirmish level game.

Not really interested in Necorumda, campaign games don't do it for me. I'll play that heralds of war Kill Team game with maybe a themed mission made up, but that's as far as I'll go.

I really want something on the 1000pt equivalent scale. But you know, with good rules not like 40k.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LordAba posted:

It is useful? A blanket -3 leadership to psykers is good in general and it punishes heavy warp users (daemons, eldar) by making miscasts worse.

Yeah but it only affects miscasts in the SitW bubble, right? So it doesn't do as much as in 6th edition?

e:

Moola posted:

Not really interested in Necorumda, campaign games don't do it for me. I'll play that heralds of war Kill Team game with maybe a themed mission made up, but that's as far as I'll go.

I really want something on the 1000pt equivalent scale. But you know, with good rules not like 40k.

Try this? http://onepagerules.wordpress.com/

I have no idea if the rules are 'good' but they're different.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

krushgroove posted:

Try this? http://onepagerules.wordpress.com/

I have no idea if the rules are 'good' but they're different.

Literally the first line:

quote:

The Most Important Rule: Whenever a rule is unclear or does not seem quite right, use common sense and personal preference.

Already approximately 1000% better than 7th edition.

e; Holy poo poo!

Moola fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 21, 2014

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Enentol posted:

Yep I'm sure they're just around the corner, right after a Genestealer Cult supplement and models!

Post 9-11 User posted:

GW says that plastic molds cost a million billion Buckazoids but they make stuff like Space Hulk a limited run, release one-time-only plastic minis for their conventions, and so on. It's pure trash.

Plastic molds do have a fairly significant upfront cost, but Space Hulk pulled around £4 million gross from a handful of molds after everyone rushed to grab a copy before it sold out. That's why GW love doing all this limited edition stuff, it helps to increase sales.

Dreadfleet shows what happens when that backfires, though. They allegedly had to trash tons of copies, and thanks to the significant upfront cost it discouraged them from doing anything like it since. Now we usually only see limited release books and single models - they're much less risk to get a ROI.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

Yeah but it only affects miscasts in the SitW bubble, right? So it doesn't do as much as in 6th edition?

Yeah, but the same applied for the last two tyranid editions I believe. You would have to go back to 4th for army-wide shadows in the warp, and that would be easy to duplicate with houserules (discard all 6s rolled in the psyker phase).
If you field flyrants it isn't too hard to keep psykers in the bubble.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LordAba posted:

Yeah, but the same applied for the last two tyranid editions I believe. You would have to go back to 4th for army-wide shadows in the warp, and that would be easy to duplicate with houserules (discard all 6s rolled in the psyker phase).

OK, yeah, that's true (still learning how to use my Nids, I'm collecting bits for a second FHT)...and I guess generally I'll have more psyker dice than my regular opponents so that's just an extra bonus.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

LordAba posted:

Discarding 4s on enemy psychic tests would've been good and fluffy for 'Nids.
"Go ahead, roll the dice. If your WC2 power passes on two dice, you have a 33% chance of perils :smug:"

Poor Krursk, he's absolutely steaming at the new Ork rules. Firesale incoming, I guess.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HiveCommander posted:

Discarding 4s on enemy psychic tests would've been good and fluffy for 'Nids.
"Go ahead, roll the dice. If your WC2 power passes on two dice, you have a 33% chance of perils :smug:"

6s would be more fluffy; nids generally suppress normal warp activities hence the "shadow in the warp".

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

LordAba posted:

6s would be more fluffy; nids generally suppress normal warp activities hence the "shadow in the warp".

That would be a net benefit to psyker-heavy armies though, as they could throw as many dice as they wanted to at a problem without having to worry about Perils. Discarding 4s works better in that regard, since it's more difficult to cast a power, meaning Psykers have to push harder, which naturally results in Perils.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That would be a net benefit to psyker-heavy armies though, as they could throw as many dice as they wanted to at a problem without having to worry about Perils. Discarding 4s works better in that regard, since it's more difficult to cast a power, meaning Psykers have to push harder, which naturally results in Perils.

This. Also, it's a free pass for daemonfactory lists to keep on pumping out models with no penalty. Not like that list needs to be any stronger than it already is, after all.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, have some mega-armored nobz:

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN
Alright, I'm dome bitching. At this point, I want the codex to come out so I can get the list that I was going to build anyway (mostly Battlewagons and Trukks) set up.

I will, however, continue to bitch about lack of plastic Sisters. Is that fair?

Edit: And the lack of a new buggy model.

Power Player fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 21, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Safety Factor posted:

Hey, have some mega-armored nobz:

Have they always looked like that ? Those look different to me and off? Maybe it's the color?

I miss Gorkamorka. that was a fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Irate Tree posted:

Slap on some ork effigies, spikey bits, and hard-angle plates for added 'ardness and we're lookin' at Metal Gork Wrecks. I'm into it.

• Locked thread