Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The Phantom

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
9 Junji Lane.

I was bored.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Happy Solstice! Bad day for us on the top of the planet, having to relinquish our sunlight and all...

THANKS OBAMA!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

That look in the second panel. "And you BETTER not gently caress with her too, you old bat!"

Non Sequitur

:cmon:

Heavenly Nostrils

Good fix, Phoebe!

9 Chickweed Lane 6/21/2003

As always, these are good, Brooke.

I am just not able to get Zits today for some reason. Getting a bunch of "connection reset" errors. I'm on a different, slower network than usual today, so that could be it. I'll try later.

No problem with Kevin & Kell, though...

I understand the concept of Net Neutrality, but the connection here is just not working for me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A professional comics artist really should be able to come up with a visual metaphor for net neutrality that isn't the worst one.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Hello, I come bearing comics.

Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The Fingerpori Midsummer Special

Raumanmeren juhannus, or "the midsummer of the Raumanmeri sea" (Raumanmeri being the old name for Selkämeri, the Bothnian sea, and currently considered a small area of the Bothnian sea) is a three-day midsummer music festival in Rauma.

Definitely not the first time this pun has been made, but again, upbringing/raising/education and growing/breeding use the same word, kasvatus.

Ye olde pagan midsummer magics are still kind of popular. Ironically, of course. Almost all of them are related to marriage, like divining the future partner or boosting marriage luck. They're also pretty much all meant for girls as far as I'm aware. Pahani Julmu here is performing one such magic and being naked is part of it. Making garlands is part of a magic too. Speaking of him, I don't remember if his name has been explained. At any rate, it's a spoonerism of Juhani Palmu, a painter. Paha means evil/bad and julma means cruel, so it fits this mafia boss kinda guy.

Rai rai rai is... I guess I should call it drunken singing. It's like "la la la" but manlier.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 21, 2014

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Kid's got moxie.

Big-nosed dreams.

Calvin And Hobbes

DOGG

Ripley's

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

tiistai posted:

Rai rai rai is... I guess I should call it drunken singing. It's like "la la la" but manlier.

Perhaps like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPsCLHyRO-Y

Hamagic
Jul 2, 2008
Guy Gilchrist's Wet Dream

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

tiistai posted:

The Fingerpori Midsummer Special

You forgot to explain the title of the comic. "Juhannussima" means midsummer mead, but "Juhan nussima" can be translated as "hosed by Juha". There was a Fingerpori strip some years back that made that exact joke.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

Kid's got moxie.

Big-nosed dreams.

Kind of funny these should come up now 'cause Pat Oliphant is being kicked around in the DD political cartoon thread.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 2, 1927)

Peanuts: Charles Schulz always found new and exciting ways for Charlie Brown to humiliate himself. (June 24, 1967)

Content advisory: Funky Winkerbean is about to make you think of something you'd rather not.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (June 23, 1956)

Droodles (June 23, 1956)

Out Our Way (March 4-5, 1925)

The lighter side of the years before no-kill shelters!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Just cause it's saturday, doesn't mean you can't have a good ol' fashioned major meltdown.
Cul-de-sac

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Happy Litha!

Mark Trail

Buz Sawyer

Office Hours

:kheldragar:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

Kid's got moxie.

When this strip first ran, conservatives lost their loving minds. Newspapers all over the country refused to run it and replaced with something else that I can't remember right off hand. I seem to recall some papers dropping Bloom County completely.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

More or less, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18q84k5a3kA works too. Even if that's actually lai lala lai.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Retail

It's a good thing Marla brought up these conflict of interest concerns before the audit instead of after so the company wouldn't have to waste a bunch of time and money on a potential recount! What a great and competent manager!

Retail has a really low bar for genius but I guess everything is relative considering the rest of the cast.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I swear Refurb is better at problem-solving than anyone else in this strip.

Wow cool a new character! I like monstrous bunny horror already!

Dustin

It's the verbal pedantry we all know and love.

Somehow I expected the punchline to be making GBS threads on Dustin but nope it's trolling the underemployed in general.

On the Fastrack

So why didn't she? After all, it presumably would've been paid for by the company and not her?

Safe Havens

I don't see the issue here. Maybe you should consider a career in the lucrative bio-defense industry.

Well now you definitely made it an issue.

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

I can't seem to make up my mind about whether the book in the second panel is heavy-handed or brilliant...

(It's referencing this)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The "evil trap" is that Marla and her flunky are horrible, petty people who are more interested in office politics than the customer, which is textbook bad business, and yet somehow she's a manager. Understandably a hard trap for her to avoid.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Retail's made it clear that they don't actually give any poo poo about the customers. They pretty much just care about other retail employees who are clones of themselves.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

Kid's got moxie.

Big-nosed dreams.
I thought I recognized that character and name. A few other people have already commented on this, but here's a little comic strip history anyways since I found this old article from the time.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

So why didn't she? After all, it presumably would've been paid for by the company and not her?

Dang, Dethany got back.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Dang, Dethany got back.

you mean ol satchel-rear end? yeah.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

I have to admit I'm amused by the volume of Chekhov on the shelf in panel two. That's a lot subtler than Holbrook usually gets.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sharay posted:

I can't seem to make up my mind about whether the book in the second panel is heavy-handed or brilliant...

(It's referencing this)

It's heavy handed. He's just acknowledging that he's using a pretty well known literary device, it's barely a step above what TVtropes does.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

holy motherfucking poo poo I wasn't ready for this :psypop:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yeah, an inspector danger where the alibi is real but is also still insane!? Jesus wept.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I can't even begin to comprehend what the gently caress is going on there :psyboom:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
The raindrops in the photo are going the same direction as the ones in the first panel, so if you buy the idea that wind doesn't change direction in a storm, he's on the same beach as the body. I deduce that something has been edited.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The second panel must have been flipped, right?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

...how peculiar.

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

:what:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

goatface posted:

The second panel must have been flipped, right?

Yes. Nicely done, though!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

holy motherfucking poo poo I wasn't ready for this :psypop:

I mean, I got this one only because I was thinking like a crazy person.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Dang, Dethany got back.
Pretty easy to tell, as this is all she wears.

Hopefully not considered nws in a thread featuring giant pixelated wangs flopping all over the place.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TofuDiva posted:

The raindrops in the photo are going the same direction as the ones in the first panel, so if you buy the idea that wind doesn't change direction in a storm, he's on the same beach as the body. I deduce that something has been edited.

Nope, it's not edited. It's just the 180 rule here that's making it seem confusing, in the second panel it's facing west while in the photo it's facing east.

e: on second thought, that doesn't actually tell you which beach he's on. Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
If you accept that the rain must be falling at the same angle on both beaches, based on the suspects angle and perspective of the camera he can only be on an eastern beach to see the water and his right side simultaneously. However he could just be on the other bank of the river the body was found on and just have crossed over to kill the guy.

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 22, 2014

• Locked thread