Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I keep saying this but I'd love to watch Kabuto. I just want to actually watch Kabuto and know what they're saying, and not whatever mangled clusterfuck TV-Nihon-tachi-sama wrote down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This sounds like a fun game.

If you're going to watch Faiz, stop after Takumi gets a cool hoverbike. (It's destroyed the same episode because Faiz hates its toys)

If you're going to watch Fourze, stop after the reveal of who Virgo is.

If you're going to watch Wizard, stop after Nitou saves the city. If you can make it that far.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I have to believe that the original plan was for Wizard to become a bad guy and Beast to take him down at the end.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

boom boom boom posted:

I have to believe that the original plan was for Wizard to become a bad guy and Beast to take him down at the end.

Anything to eject Koyomi from the plot.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Literally The Worst posted:

I keep saying this but I'd love to watch Kabuto. I just want to actually watch Kabuto and know what they're saying, and not whatever mangled clusterfuck TV-Nihon-tachi-sama wrote down.

There's always the pretty good dub.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

I think wizard would have been an ok series if there was a secondary cast instead of the do nothing brigade.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The implication I always got from Kabuto was that Tendou was 'perfect' because upon acquiring the belt as a child he sort of has the entire gameplan for how the timeline post asteroid is going to play out, since he recieved it from his future-self. This is why he's always ahead of everyone and in weird places. At a certain point in the show this timeline fractures and he finds himself requiring more and more having to rely on others because he's no longer ahead of the game.

I always assumed this is outright explained but it got mangled in the TVN translation. Some of it is stuff I managed to glean from Japanese wikis and poo poo.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Literally The Worst posted:

The absurdity of TVN subtitling somehow perfectly matches Tendou's smug arrogance. The same can be said of Kadoya Tsukasa and Daikiki Kaitoh.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Rei_ posted:

The implication I always got from Kabuto was that Tendou was 'perfect' because upon acquiring the belt as a child he sort of has the entire gameplan for how the timeline post asteroid is going to play out, since he recieved it from his future-self. This is why he's always ahead of everyone and in weird places. At a certain point in the show this timeline fractures and he finds himself requiring more and more having to rely on others because he's no longer ahead of the game.

I always assumed this is outright explained but it got mangled in the TVN translation. Some of it is stuff I managed to glean from Japanese wikis and poo poo.

Perhaps... but the entire timeline after the asteroid is different from God Speed Love because the the level of destruction and the consequences are so different. Plus, that doesn't explain how he crafts a divine miso soup using a radish that he held up to the wind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If you're going to watch OOO, stop watching after Eiji gets the Gatakiriba combo, or after the first fakeout about Gotou getting hte Birth Belt. Then start watching again about 20 episodes later when Gotou finally actually gets the Birth Belt, because absolutely nothing happens in the middle.

In faaaaact...

If you're going to watch OOO, watch the following. (Each episode is a two-parter thing, hence the pairing of episodes.)
1-6: Establishes the characters, and 6 ends with the first Combo, and a really cool fight.
9-10: Optional. One of the only appearances of the RaToraTa combo.
15-16: SaGoZo combo, bad poo poo goes down with Mezool, and the introduction of Kamen Rider Birth.
19-20: TaJaDor combo, and hints about what's going on with Ankh.
23-24: Optional. A really goofy pair of episodes, and also one of only two appearances of the ShaUTa combo.
25-26: More about what's going on with Ankh, and the first bits about another plot arc.
29-30: Ankh-episodes again, and the resolution of the seeds planted in 25 and 26.
31-34: Start of the arc about the Purple medals.
35-38: This is about where I can't describe why episodes are important without spoiling things.
40: Optional. The end of this episode is important, but nothing before it, and it's recapped at the start of...
41-48: The home stretch.

Huh. That's not nearly as many pointless episodes as I thought. Probably because some of the two-parters feel like they drag on. So, to put it another way, skip... 7-8, 11-14, 17-18, 21-22, 27-28, and probably 39-40.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 21, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I think all of OOO is well worth watching. Just maybe do some multitasking during some of the middley episodes, if you find it dull. I never got bored with it, sooooo...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

V-Men posted:

Perhaps... but the entire timeline after the asteroid is different from God Speed Love because the the level of destruction and the consequences are so different. Plus, that doesn't explain how he crafts a divine miso soup using a radish that he held up to the wind.

Alright, I've got to watch Kabuto just to check this poo poo out for myself. Is that really a thing that happens?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Potsticker posted:

If you're going to watch Fourze, stop after everything.
Fixed your post.

Dexie posted:

Alright, I've got to watch Kabuto just to check this poo poo out for myself. Is that really a thing that happens?
Absolutely.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fixed your post.

This conversation does bring up a good point, though. Are there any KR series that actually have satisfying finales? It seems like just about every single one I've watched has issues with wrapping up the ending.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fixed your post.

This conversation does bring up a good point, though. Are there any KR series that actually have satisfying finales? It seems like just about every single one I've watched has issues with wrapping up the ending.

Like I said the other day, if you think Fourze's ending is episode 48, you're wrong. Movie War Ultimatum tied everything in that series into a perfect little bow. You have to put up with some Wizard bullshit but the Fourze stuff does a great job of giving a satisfying conclusion.

Hell, the only real problem with Fourze's ending episode was the last five minutes. The "final battle" was really loving good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Poison Mushroom posted:

What episodes of OOO to watch

I can't say this enough: Follow this advice. OOO is a really good series, but there's a lot of slow and boring episodes. Skip those, and you've got a really, really good Kamen Rider show that deserves to be watched. In fact, follow this advice for anything with Kobayashi's name on it (I want to say not Shinkenger, but the Akumaro arc was so slow, even if the ending was loving great)

Poison Mushroom posted:

If you skip the very end of the last episode (the universe getting reset again to allow a happy ending), then Ryuki for sure. As well, if you skip the very last episode, Double had a pretty good finale. Hell, even with it, if you like cheesy happy endings even if they kind of ruin what they seemed to be going for.

Also I'd say OOO's ending was pretty satisfying, especially counting Movie War Megamax. As said in the post above mine, Ultimatum gave Fourze a good ending too, even if it still forgot the entirety of the cast stuck on a space station.

Oh, and definitely Blade's ending was satisfying. Hell, I'd say the ending is the main reason to watch the series: it's really good. The problem with Blade is not the ending, but the beginning. If you can get past that horrible start, find videos that can actually be seen, and good subs, Blade is (probably) amazing. Even with those problems I consider it a very good series.

Apart from that...Agito's last fight was bad, Ryuki see above, Faiz had a horrible finale that didn't wrap up anything, Kabuto's entire last part is amazingly bad, Den-O never ends felt like it just had to force a big bad because there was no plans for one, Kiva is Kiva, Decade has no story and therefore no ending, Double see above, Wizard had an ending befitting of the series (that is, bad). I'm really hoping for Gaim to not lose steam and give us a finale as satisfying as the rest of the show.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I never got around to finishing Fourze. Did it tie up the Foundation X storyline from W and OOO?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fixed your post.

The original Kamen Rider series did not technically have an ending as it continued straight into V3, but it was satisfying. V3's, despite clearly stating that things were not over, was very well done and staid true to the character as he finally abandons what's left of his human life to forever more travel the roads of justice.

Kamen Rider X I have not seen, Kamen Rider Amazon is kind of ridiculous in its ending, but still very good. Kamen Rider Stronger I haven't seen, but everything I've heard makes it sound like a crackerjack of one.

Skipping ahead to Kamen Rider Black, that ending is one of the best things about the show. The hero is triumphant, the villains defeated, peace restored to the world! And he failed at every personal thing he wanted to do and is utterly, completely alone. His brother is dead, his family scattered, and his home destroyed. It's brilliantly bittersweet.

RX.........ended.

Kuuga has a fantastic ending. It takes all of the themes built up across the show and brings them to a head in a single bloody fist fight.

And the rest have been commented on.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

HKR posted:

Like I said the other day, if you think Fourze's ending is episode 48, you're wrong. Movie War Ultimatum tied everything in that series into a perfect little bow. You have to put up with some Wizard bullshit but the Fourze stuff does a great job of giving a satisfying conclusion.

Hell, the only real problem with Fourze's ending episode was the last five minutes. The "final battle" was really loving good.

Did they ever get those people out of the space station?

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

Baofu posted:

I never got around to finishing Fourze. Did it tie up the Foundation X storyline from W and OOO?

They tied it into the Foundation X story a little bit, but nothing was concluded. One of the Fourze movies has a Foundation X scientist as the villain.

Edit: It's Movie War Megamax

Apple Mummy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 21, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dexie posted:

Tendou is a serious character who does serious things and the plot is rather serious but it somehow manages to be absolutely goddamn crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5N15dCdvQ

And the dub is pretty alright other than Hiori and Kagami's anime dub-style voices.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sul_G0WNJk&t=12s

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Flameingblack posted:

Tendou is a serious character who does serious things and the plot is rather serious but it somehow manages to be absolutely goddamn crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5N15dCdvQ

What the hell did I just watch?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Some Numbers posted:

What the hell did I just watch?
That's not even the most insane thing I remember happening in this series.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In spoilery magazine scan news, we all knew this was coming, and it's still going to be fantastic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Interesting the shot completely hides Kouta's reaction. It might just be a consequence of that being the best angle, but maybe there's something about the other side of this that they want to keep secret... aside from Kouta apparently deciding that "faded plaid" is fashionable now.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

FINALLY. Is that the first episode back, or later?

EDIT: Is Kiwami Arms there just because? Micchy has never been good in a one-on-one fight. Even with an Energy driver he's had to run from most/all his fights.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Fooley posted:

FINALLY. Is that the first episode back, or later?

EDIT: Is Kiwami Arms there just because? Micchy has never been good in a one-on-one fight. Even with an Energy driver he's had to run from most/all his fights.

It's probably there for another shot and unrelated. Just there to say "BUY OUR TOYS!"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
In regards towards endings, with Faiz watch about half way through(I forget exactly when though) then stop and just watch Paradise Lost

Also with Decade there's a fan solution that results in a better ending for it; watch the show in it's entirety(don't watch All Riders vs Dai-Shocker yet), then watch a fan edit a guy made of Movie Wars 2010 paring it down to 25 minutes by removing the Super Shocker, Tackle, and Double parts of the movie, basically making it into the 32nd episode of the series, after that watch All Riders vs Dai-Shocker which will serve as the actual finale, it's still not perfect but it makes things a lot better overall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JouYisYJTg

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 21, 2014

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Oren continues to be the best.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Oren goes nuts and it's beautiful. I'm glad he's still around and at his best, even with missiles about to strike Zawame City and Roshuo having the goddamn power to purge them reality. Gaim is a Really Good Show.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Amount of time until Micchy loses all of his friends? next episode

Time until Kouta Rider Kick his face in?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Next episode's going to be a long wait, but boy will it be worth it :getin:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dante Logos posted:

Amount of time until Micchy loses all of his friends? next episode

Watching Marika cut through all his poo poo in seconds and put him down verbally this episode was glorious. I'm really curious how far Micchy is going to go in the show at this stage. Will he manage to keep hanging around till the end like a cockroach, or will he put down soon so that the show can move on to other, bigger threats. Marika's remark that he's no king would suggest he's gonna die soon. I'm not honestly sure which I'd prefer at this stage.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

tsob posted:

Watching Marika cut through all his poo poo in seconds and put him down verbally this episode was glorious. I'm really curious how far Micchy is going to go in the show at this stage. Will he manage to keep hanging around till the end like a cockroach, or will he put down soon so that the show can move on to other, bigger threats. Marika's remark that he's no king would suggest he's gonna die soon. I'm not honestly sure which I'd prefer at this stage.

Holy poo poo, the forums are back.

Ahem...

Yes, Marika was glorious, I think I yelled "SUPERSLAM!" out loud when she told him he had no home left to return to. :thurman::iceburn::snoop:

Roshuo is ridiculously powerful, "ICBMs? What ICBMs? I see no ICBMs. :smugjones:" Thank god he's just playing ref for now.

As for where things will go concerning Micchy? I wouldn't even dare to guess, Gaim has made a habit of zigzagging expectations.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Is it just me, or does Kouta seem to be trying to take Sagara's advice to heart? I don't mean that he is necessarily effective, but he does seem to be exploring his options. He is heavily favored by Sagara and NotMai and I wonder if it is because he is malleable or if everyone else is that bullheaded.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I was getting a bit annoyed at the direction Minato's character was taking ("oh no I need a man to boss me around") but her takedown of Micchy was loving beautiful.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

tsob posted:

Honestly, with Micchy's comments at the end of the show, he seems like the biggest threat. Even the craziest Overlord only wants to keep humanity around as playthings. Micchy is actually keen on doing away with this world and starting a new one with obedient friends and more dancing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Lessail posted:

Did they ever get those people out of the space station?

Eventually they were rescued by, oh, let's say...Moe.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

V-Men posted:

Honestly, with Micchy's comments at the end of the show, he seems like the biggest threat. Even the craziest Overlord only wants to keep humanity around as playthings. Micchy is actually keen on doing away with this world and starting a new one with obedient friends and more dancing.

Whether Micchy ends up a bigger threat or dead meat really depends on where his newfound crazy takes him. If he becomes more determined and ruthless then he will be a bigger threat, if he lets his thirst for revenge on, well, everything cause him to act rashly I expect him to be stomped in short order. Urobuchi isn't easy on characters that act rashly or stupidly in their ambitions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Micchy needs some real power to be a real threat. Relying on manipulation won't work when there is no one who will listen to him. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to swipe an overlord's power or something.

• Locked thread