Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Lepecard posted:

I'm not sure what to think about this:

Anybody recognize the gun?

Wow.

Is that like, fan art or something? Or are they giving us a sneak peak at the TF Club version 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That Crumplezone mold is fun and awesome, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

The more I mess with Dinobot Snarl, the more I like him. I like his colors, his transformation is really clever, and his robot mode looks neat and he's fun to fiddle with.

Don't get me wrong, I've got my list of issues with him:
- I wish he had wrist articulation. The way his arms transform I can kinda see why he doesn't, but I wish Hasbro had worked out a way for it to work.

- I wish his dino arms stored better in robot mode, and had elbow articulation in dino mode. I get why they don't have the latter, but it still would have been neat.

- I wish his head was on a ball joint. There's really no reason for it not to be.

Also I'm no expert on medieval armor styles, has anyone figured out what eras/countries the Dinobot heads are inspired by?

Wait, Snarl isn't out yet is he? Are you confusing him with Slash or Slug?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lepecard posted:

Wow Shattered Glass AND Machine Wars.

How much more nitche can you get?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

Wait, Snarl isn't out yet is he? Are you confusing him with Slash or Slug?
Durrrr I meant Slash, I'll edit my post.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Transformers movie sequels have been greenlit until 2017

in 2017 the original Bay Transformer movie will be 10 years old.

Gotta say the new movie actually looks well assembled, the comedy bits are actually funny and not the whole "mom ate a weed brownie and forced man kissing happens" that the other movies had.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 21, 2014

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
BBTS has a Botcon sale on atm, the best deal imo is Toyworld Auroa at 50% off.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOW10001&mode=retail

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Other posted:

BBTS has a Botcon sale on atm, the best deal imo is Toyworld Auroa at 50% off.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOW10001&mode=retail
Everyone who doesn't have this toy should jump on this deal right now.

Edit- what's a good price to pay for Masterpiece Sideswipe or Smokescreen?

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 21, 2014

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lepecard posted:

That almost wraps back around to being cool, but not quite. Besides any of these niche figures they put out are kind of ruined for me by their stupid made-up faction symbols. I know I can slap a reprolabel over them, but I shouldn't have to.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

Also I'm no expert on medieval armor styles, has anyone figured out what eras/countries the Dinobot heads are inspired by?

At the Hasbro panel at Universal Studios tonight they said the primary description of the Dinobots in the TF4 script was "barbarian knights," so that was the concept the character and toy designers picked up and ran with. As such, I'd expect they're inspired by fantasy novel cover art more than any real armor styles. If I had to guess, though, I'd say Grimlock is samurai, Scorn has a Medieval great helm look to him, Slug has a pretty standard 16th century knight helmet (the classic knight helmet with the faceguard you see in cartoons), Strafe has kind of a Roman Centurion thing going on, and Slash looks like he might be inspired by a gladiator helmet.

Overall I think they hang together as a group well. The aesthetic works.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I can't recall who was looking for GDO Brawl, but TFSource has a 4-pack of him, Sandstorm, Laserbeak, and Deadend for 80 bucks. That's steep just for Brawl, but all of those figures are great, plus you can make Laserbeak into Brawl's flight armor.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
BBTS Has Legends Cliffjumper and Nemesis Prime preorders up.

Expect Nemesis Prime to probably be colored as RID Scourge(not that there's a big difference anyways) he comes with a helicopter partner who is not RID themed though. It's Spinster and there's a real good chance he will resemble G1 Spinster in colors.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm seeing a ton of "high quality knock off" Masterpiece Sideswipes in eBay for like $35, does anyone have one of those and can comment on the quality? Generally speaking, "high quality knock off" seems like a contradiction when Transformers are concerned.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah those things are weird. They're apparently actually are good quality, good enough to pass for a real one to most people unless they know where to look(mispelled logos mostly iirc). Speculation I've heard ranges from them being made from stolen or discarded molds to them being produced after hours using the actual molds/production line.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

I'm seeing a ton of "high quality knock off" Masterpiece Sideswipes in eBay for like $35, does anyone have one of those and can comment on the quality? Generally speaking, "high quality knock off" seems like a contradiction when Transformers are concerned.

If the Sideswipes are anything like the KO Red Alerts (and I'm betting they are) they're decent. Mispelled logos, paintworks a bit shoddy but barely noticeable, slightly floppy knees on mine and a head that doesn't close all the way, but I'm happy with it for the ~£25 I paid. I would imagine the head thing doesn't apply anyway as it's a cartoon gimmick for Red Alert. YMMV.

I thought the consensus was these are '3rd shift' KO's using the actual production lines?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I think there's some differences in the placement of the injection points on some parts.

My KO Sideswipe wouldn't roll at all so I ended up biting the bullet and replacing him with the reissue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got both Sideswipe and Red Alert KO's on Ebay for about 60 bucks total, with free shipping(!!). Without knowing the real deal, these are really fantastic and the only problem I had was the chest lock stub being a little too thick and I had to shave it down so the chest would fit into place. Otherwise they're basically perfect, tight joints, good detailing, the shoulder mounted launcher is a little loose and can fall off if you hold the figure upside-down, but otherwise they're excellent. I really would not be surprised if they're made using the actual molds as third-shift products.

It seems the quality varies a bit between individual figures and I just got lucky, but the general consensus is that they're good cheap replacements if you're on a budget.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Hasbro panel's now, so we should get pics in about an hour.

And today is Arcee day. All hail Arcee.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Arcee is a car, not bike, Brainstorm seems to be an actual Headmaster!

-G1 style legends Powerglide (i'm assuming this is the new style of legends like Cosmos)
-Bombshell! (they got the name back)
-VOYAGER IDW OPTIMUS!
-Leader Tank Megatron, working treads, CAN BECOME AN AUTOBOT
-Another Leader, Armada megatron! (redeco of the former)

-MP Sideswipe, Bluestreak for the US

-More Leaders, Generations SUPERION announced.

- Chromia is a bike, so different mold from arcee. They want to do legends Kickback to round up the insecticons!

warning: the following could actually be bullshit:

Q&A session posted:

>No plans for more Human alliance figures
>Hasbro will try to import as many MPs as licenses allow
>More Armada Generations figures planned
>New cartoon is a loose continuation of TFPrime
>Hasbro is striking the Beast era from canon due to it not fitting in with other lines (guess this means they're their own separate canon now)
>Hasbro is aware of 3rd parties, but doesn't want to bother with legal fees and they admit they have their own niche market (jesus christ why does someone always ask this retarded question)
>Movie line only extending to the end of 2015, TFRiD line planned to follow up
>More combiners is the plan for 2015

>Bringing over all TT Masterpiece figures within a year of release
>MP-10 is addressed and getting a TRU rerelease
>There will be extremely complex movie figures to give amazingly movie accurate details
>Hasbro is aware of the lack of paint and it was due to costs, will be fixed from now on
>Planning on making all figures easily to obtain on HTS with the new preorder system they're experimenting with Diamond
>Transformers 5 was bumped forward a year
>Michael Bay is working harder on mixing more G1 elements in

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 21, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

Arcee is a car, not bike, Brainstorm seems to be an actual Headmaster!

-G1 style legends Powerglide (i'm assuming this is the new style of legends like Cosmos)
-Bombshell! (they got the name back)
-VOYAGER IDW OPTIMUS!
-Leader Tank Megatron, working treads, CAN BECOME AN AUTOBOT
-Another Leader, Armada megatron! (redeco of the former)

-MP Sideswipe, Bluestreak for the US

-More Leaders, Generations SUPERION announced.

- Chromia is a bike, so different mold from arcee. They want to do legends Kickback to round up the insecticons!

I have capital-A Anxieties about the knees on that Megatron, but holy cow!

And is Superion gonna be a combiner?!

And VOY IDW PRIME!!! I'm super-hype, I love the design but MAAAN Orion was kind of a wet fart.

I'm very excited, generally.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my poo poo they're doing a full set of Legends Insecticons.

If they announce a Devastator I can die happy.

Edit: and Armada Megatron! That's two of my three dream toys.

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 21, 2014

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

I have capital-A Anxieties about the knees on that Megatron, but holy cow!

Holy cow, indeed, Megatron does not disappoint! Does anyone know his height.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

catch22 posted:

Holy cow, indeed, Megatron does not disappoint! Does anyone know his height.

If there is a kind and loving God Primus Hasbro, exactly as tall (at the head) as MP-10. I'm sick of the biggest/best bad guys not being as tall or taller than the good guys. Where's the fun in that!?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ugly buttflap but, uh, not bad.

Edit: Apparently some of the Q&A session questions I quoted could just be a 4chan troll, particularly that Beast Wars canon thing.

edit2: link to a better gallery added

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 21, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
^^^^ Those toys are in the cases with much better photos circulating around now.

DoctorWhat posted:

And is Superion gonna be a combiner?!

Unless I misread, it's not just Superion. 2015 Generations's theme is combiners.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, just look at the whole gallery
HERE

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I wonder if IDW is wtf-ing right now, since Hasbro made them change Arcee from pink to red.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

So can someone explain the "Diamond"/on demand thing people have been talking about?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

God dammit Hasbro. God damnit.

Just when I thought I was done giving you all of my loving money, you had to pull a stunt like this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm freaking out about how much I love this:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

heeheehee Brainstorm looks ~a-may-ziiing~ I haven't been this excited about the brand for a while. Is that a Headmaster with a ball-jointed neck I think it iiiisssss

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

oh my god brainstorm oh my god

Poor FansProject.

ForeverSmug posted:

So can someone explain the "Diamond"/on demand thing people have been talking about?
Diamond is the company that does the 'direct market' for comic retailers. So basically you'll be able to order stuff at your comic store through their main supplier, like you would comic books or figures.

Rhyno probably has a better idea what it all means but I think he got probated over Slottrage again.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Brainstorm turns into an Arwing that his face can fly around in :neckbeard:

Slightly worried about Chromia's backpack but she looks spot-on to her Windblade appearance. Also the world needs more closed-cockpit TRON bikes.
EDIT: holy poo poo, look closely, she's a fantastically disguised retool of PRID Arcee :stare:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

For being a (massive) retool, Chromia is excellently done.

edit: hahahaha

:allears:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 21, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

If next year is Combiner Year, we're gonna get Devastator. Jesus christ I'm so pumped.

Maybe even.... Monstructor? Menasor? Dare I dream?!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Some pics from the panel, including the superion silhouette

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

3 posted:

Slightly worried about Chromia's backpack but she looks spot-on to her Windblade appearance. Also the world needs more closed-cockpit TRON bikes.
EDIT: holy poo poo, look closely, she's a fantastically disguised retool of PRID Arcee :stare:

At this point, she's less "retool" and more "those two DLX class Animated Optimuses that transform almost the same but share like zero parts". Jeez, that's nuts. At the very least, that's a Sandstorm-level alteration.

I'm actually really happy about the more "dramatic" retools we've been getting lately, that's for sure!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Clear official panel pics this time

Uuuuh, that voyager Optimus is looking... weird, here's hoping it's just the awkward pose.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Edit: ^ drat it. Well, you can all look at my ugly pictures from the first link because I'm to lazy to change them.

DoctorWhat posted:

And VOY IDW PRIME!!! I'm super-hype, I love the design but MAAAN Orion was kind of a wet fart.

I'm very excited, generally.
I didn't like Orion either, but hmm...

The legends version manages to have a better alt mode, and he's got forearm kibble, again. That's the only one of these new Generations that looks bad to me though, the rest of them completely knock it out of the park.

At least Megatron looks amazing, though I'm mildly annoyed that Transformer tanks always have four separate treads. I understand why, but as far as I know no real-world tanks have that. At least he's not an H-tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
You forgot the best part of that Megatron.

EDIT: Oh, and is there an actual date on MP Sideswipe this time? And maybe someone at Hasbro coming to their senses and dropping the price point below 80?