Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Orion was an excellent toy, but the design was different. He wasn't an Optimus and I can see him bring a disappointment to those who expected him to be one.

On the subject of retools, we've been getting some great ones recently. I thought most of the Beast Hunters were unique and interesting enough for a repurchase. Jhiaxus looks really good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, Hasbro has been doing some great retools lately.

That voyager OP is just too weird, maybe he'll turn opinions around later.

Superion is still looking lanky but it might be a considerable step up over Bruticus, so I'm pretty optimist on new combiners.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
AoE Crosshairs turns into a Corvette with handguns, so it seems only natural to repaint him into Tracks "Hot Shot???" What, did they lose the trademark again?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like Crosshairs, might get that on discount or if it looks really good in hand.

Legends Powerglide and Bombshell look fantastic, so sad it's hard to get those guys here.

e: uh what?

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 21, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

I like Crosshairs, might get that on discount or if it looks really good in hand.

Legends Powerglide and Bombshell look fantastic, so sad it's hard to get those guys here.

I missed out on Cosmos. :saddowns:

But goddamn, Bombshell looks amazing. I need to get Shrapnel. And the Kickback if they ever do it. God yes.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Wow, ok. :rodimus: Some of those bots look loving awesome!

Now on the wish-list:
- windblade
- crosscut
- sky-byte
- roadbuster
- jetfire
- arcee
- chromia
- brainstorm
- leader megatron (autobot)
- and probably the legends insecticons
- and possibly some AOE guys, lockdown and the skyhammer drift

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Megatron's got a nice torso and head but oh dear, those limbs just don't work for me. Brainstorm's arms also look a bit suspect as well but may be mistransformed in the promo pic. Good news for those who haven't gotten Sideswipe yet, hopefully Red Alert won't be too far behind as I missed him and regret it now.

Looking forward to finally getting a proper Arcee, better (29 years) late than never, right?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Did optimus take his face too?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Your heads are going to spin at how fast I turn that Brainstorm into Metalhawk. After I get a second one of course, because he's GREAT.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Next year's subscription figures have been announced. Who wants two more Classics seekers?

quote:

Krok with Gatorraider from Generations Dreadwing
Nacelle from Botcon 2007 Thrust
Generation 2 Starscream from Classics Starscream
Serpent O.R. (name may change) from Generations Japan Ratbat
Zap with G.B. Blackrock Kreon and Kre-O Fuel Pump from Generations Bumblebee
Dawn of Future's Past Tarantulas from Generations Wreck-Gar (using what we think is the E-Hobby Scrap Heap head)

Serpentor is a cool idea and the kind of weird niche stuff they should be doing, rather than dredging up more Actionmasters.

Pics here:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2014-transformers-collectors-club-roundtable-180454/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Brainstorm is an honest to goodness headmaster with a detachable head. :stare:

There is not a single Generations transformer that they showed that looked bad. Holt crap that is a solid Lineup.

I am maybe not all that crazy about IDW Prime(because do we need another Prime?), but then again he looks like he could pass for a Thunderclash repaint.

*edit*

Maybe they'll give heavy retools to the movie DBs to make them true G1 Dinobots? That is one nice retool of Chromia.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 22, 2014

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

3 posted:

AoE Crosshairs turns into a Corvette with handguns, so it seems only natural to repaint him into Tracks "Hot Shot???" What, did they lose the trademark again?

There's already a AoE moviebot called 'Trax' iirc, might just be a thing to promote a car however

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So outside of leader Jetfire, brainstorm, Arcee, Chromia, and the 6 legends, what else is coming in 2014? Seems like everything big is being saved for 2015.

We're supposed to have like 70 something figures for Generations in 2014 and we're still missing like a few dozen figures.

Also that Deluxe helicopter I bet is going to be a Protectobot. He looks nothing like any of the G1 Decepticon helicopters. superion looks like it could be all planes, and there's really not a whole bunch of other Helicopters that have not been done already. So I wonder if this could mean we're getting a true Defensor as well since the Superion image was under Themes.

I also wonder if the main bots will be Voyagers because Superion looked way more Bulky than Bruticus.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 22, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Other posted:

There's already a AoE moviebot called 'Trax' iirc, might just be a thing to promote a car however
That's a good point, I didn't even think about Trax.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

Any complaints about this butt flap? Ultra Magnus wins again :smug:

But seriously I've never been more excited about Generations than I am right now. Everything they showed off looks great.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 22, 2014

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I miss going to botcon when interesting news like this is announced. :(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm more surprised that we'll have a complete set of Insecticons than anything else. More stuff is supposed to be revealed though because those Store Exclusive Protectobot sets that were leaked did not appear in any form.

Also We're still missing the Legends Megatron Repaint, Brawn, Gnaw, Outback, and a few others.

If they're going to be using Prime molds for Generations we could have a shitload of stuff retooled for even the most obscure characters. If we got the Japanese mold of Breakdown in generations there's about a half dozen guys he could be if he got a new head.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 22, 2014

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Hoping for a proper Devastator, Abominus, and I would say Piranacon but I know BBT has that exclusive one.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The whole Generations lineup looks really solid except for IDW Prime. Brainstorm, Chromia, Megatron and the legends guys have me pumped. I really can't wait to get my hands on the new leader class figures.

Also... I kind of like Krok and Serpent O.R. from the new subscription service a lot. God help me. :smithicide:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That Voyager Prime looks like it transforms in a similar way to Power Master prime. Granted the Front cab becomes the arms instead of the back but he's got a bunch of connector ports that don't seem to serve any function in either vehicle or robot mode.

I wonder if he will be re-used for a leader powermaster Prime or a G1 Style Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus. Because with the Tiny head and everything it honestly looks like he's supposed to go with something bigger.

Or a Thunderclash with his Party Trailer. Because that's gotta be the most Machine Wars looking Optimus vehicle mode we've had in a long while. He's even got the gray front exactly like the MW one.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 22, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That Brainstorm is an insta-buy from me, and I already have Smartrobin.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Countdown until a third party company makes a briefcase for Brainstorm.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Are Arcee and Chromia supposed to be Deluxes? I've only been waiting for a G1-style Arcee for 28 years, or a Classics version for eight, and I'm glad I never sprang for any of the third-party versions.

Is she an original mold? I know G1 stuff and the CHUGs based directly on G1 characters, but I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of post-G1 toys you all do.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 22, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Sorry, nothing to see here.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Dat Brainstorm.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love Bumblebee I hope there are at least three more versions and repaints this year.

I kid, I kid, but seriously I just returned both my AOE leaders to get that premium box set later on.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Is it just me or is Leader Armada Megatron and IDW Megatron sharing a mold?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Zaa Boogie posted:

Is it just me or is Leader Armada Megatron and IDW Megatron sharing a mold?

Same mold is true!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
That's pretty cool that they're making a GI Joe homage.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also... I kind of like Krok and Serpent O.R. from the new subscription service a lot. God help me. :smithicide:

These two are the only ones I want also, we have impeccable tastes and I can only assume the other five figures will languish on the BBTS clearance sections. I am so full of FunPub emotions.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Are Arcee and Chromia supposed to be Deluxes? I've only been waiting for a G1-style Arcee for 28 years, or a Classics version for eight, and I'm glad I never sprang for any of the third-party versions.

Is she an original mold? I know G1 stuff and the CHUGs based directly on G1 characters, but I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of post-G1 toys you all do.

Both deluxes. Arcee is new. Chromia is a heavy retool of the second Transformers: Prime Arcee, which is pretty great, since it's not immediately obvious even though they're both blue.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

strangehamster posted:

These two are the only ones I want also, we have impeccable tastes and I can only assume the other five figures will languish on the BBTS clearance sections. I am so full of FunPup emotions.

I wouldn't mind Zap, Starscream and Nacelle because I'm a big G2 nut and I already have a fuckton of seekers so there's a couple more for my massive army. I could definitely live without those, though. Don't need to spend the money on those.

Mostly I just really like G2 and Action Masters and can't get enough of them. I dream of getting a new Sprocket or Over-Run.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Uhm. I feel kinda bad for not getting into the collective nerdgasm happening here but that Megatron really doesn't...look good. Like, not at all. However it's still better than that new Optimus which looks abominable.

I can't believe this is from the same company that gave us Voyager Springer.
I'm holding out hope to see actual in hand photos but I'm really let down right now.

On the other hand, the fembots look fantastic, Krok is inspired (but not enough to get me to sign up again for the club - who the hell is Zap?) and that Brainstorm is glorious.

However the net effect of what I've seen so far is pushing me more towards 3p.

The Goon fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 22, 2014

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Those Power Battlers (the simpler transformations with the weapon gimmick) don't look that bad, I know I'm getting Junkheap for my 3-year old son because he loves garbage trucks but hopefully I can convince the Mrs. that he needs more!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Goon posted:

Uhm. I feel kinda bad for not getting into the collective nerdgasm happening here but that Megatron really doesn't...look good. Like, not at all. However it's still better than that new Optimus which looks abominable.

I can't believe this is from the same company that gave us Voyager Springer.
I'm holding out hope to see actual in hand photos but I'm really let down right now.

On the other hand, the fembots look fantastic, Krok is inspired (but not enough to get me to sign up again for the club - who the hell is Zap?) and that Brainstorm is glorious.

However the net effect of what I've seen so far is pushing me more towards 3p.

- professional bad opinion-haver

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

ForeverSmug posted:

Hey man, if you can look at that Optimus and say in all seriousness that it looks better than Classics Prime, well then, good on you.

And you should probably get your eyes checked while you're at it.

- edit- to be fair though, this is my first reaction. I may warm up to them both over time but right now I'm just not feeling it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ForeverSmug posted:

Leader Megatron is probably the best Megatron to date, but that's not because it's really very good-looking (so far, could be mistransformed or something).

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Goon posted:

Hey man, if you can look at that Optimus and say in all seriousness that it looks better than Classics Prime, well then, good on you.

And you should probably get your eyes checked while you're at it.

- edit- to be fair though, this is my first reaction. I may warm up to them both over time but right now I'm just not feeling it.

Classics voyager prime has this crazy arm-door problem I can't get over! Why is he a deluxe sized voyager, anyway? What's with that wind-vane, optimus never had one before or since.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

Classics voyager prime has this crazy arm-door problem I can't get over! Why is he a deluxe sized voyager, anyway? What's with that wind-vane, optimus never had one before or since.

He had like a bunch of redesigns and they couldn't have a Mega size class so they stuck him in the voyager one because his vehicle mode was larger than everything else's at the time.

Where as Inferno was the first actual voyager sized classics truck and was proper huge. The new Voyager prime does look lacking but he's probably not going to be the last version of that mold, pretty sure we'll get a leader Optimus or Magnus guy using it and it will have a trailer or some poo poo and it will look better.

Seriously I hope they go back to making optimus figures only when they're able to have a trailer. Because truck cabs by themselves are stupid. Scourge would have been half as awesome if he was just G2 Optimus cap, the main draw was the trailer base.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Leader Megatron is probably the best Megatron to date, but that's not because it's really very good-looking (so far, could be mistransformed or something).

I don't know both Deluxe IDW Megatron and Deluxe WFC Megatron are pretty good(if a little on the small side)

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 22, 2014