Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

Jon Fitch @jonfitchdotnet · 58m

I'm trying to make my fans rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/20/5828332/one-fc-to-stage-10-events-annually-in-mainland-china

one fc apparently cracked mainland china? prepare for a million sanda dudes holding on to guillotines from under side control

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm going to CFFC 36 tonight, which is going to be broadcast on Comcast PPV. Tiger Schulmann's Finest versus Some Guy From TUF 19 is the main event, I'll try to write a trip report.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Does it get more B-league than WSOF prelims? No. No it does not.

Prelims at 7:30, main card at 10. No I don't know who is fighting; that would take considerably more effort than the card is worth.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=15692

Ditch fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 22, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Ditch posted:

Does it get more B-league than WSOF prelims? No. No it does not.

Prelims at 7:30, main card at 10. No I don't know who is fighting; that would take considerably more effort than the card is worth.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=15692

jump kicks and judo throws are cool.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
another cool dagestani and y'all missing it

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Fuckin foot sweeps too? This dude owns.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
I opened the stream to see Dave Huckaba staring at me

this will do nicely

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

I opened the stream to see Dave Huckaba staring at me

this will do nicely
I like how he gets a semi main vs Sefo, makes a big comeback and gets the KO, then his next fight isn't even on the main card of their weakest show to date.

edit: oh that's why

Ditch fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 22, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'm the screaming woman

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
TIMBERRRRR

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Pretty cool trying to open nbcsports to stream this on my tablet but they've decided it's more important the stream link goes to Google's store so I can download the app for my phone. gently caress you Sefo I was hyped for this when I clicked this thread to be reminded it was on after I totally forgot

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Herb Dean is bloodthirsty tonight.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Why is it that the hardest chins in MMA belong to the very worst Japanese fighters?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ditch posted:

Why is it that the hardest chins in MMA belong to the very worst Japanese fighters?

Every fighter gets at least one skill, and the lure of FIGHTING SPIRIT is too much for some

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
If you have 90 seconds to kill, the Taylor/Branch grappling match is here.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CFFC 36 report: $55 for a maybe $35 event. Some gross mismatches, gassy light heavyweights, early stoppages, and a straight up squash match by Lyman Good. Somehow Andy Main lost a split decision with one judge giving him 30-27 and his opponent 30-27 and 29-28.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
It's good to know that no matter how despicable you are as a human being, there will always be an MMA promotion that loves you unconditionally somewhere out there.

Thiago Silva scheduled for first post-arrest bout on August 29 at Fight Time 20

Keep doing God's work, Howard Davis Jr.'s Fight Time Promotions.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
So the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) are currently arranging a world championship in amateur MMA. I don't know much about the championship in itself, but some fights filmed by the Norwegian team popped up in my youtube feed, so I guess I'll share them here. Strictly speaking, amateur MMA isn't the same as b-league MMA, but I hope this is ok nonetheless.

Some information about the IMMAF and the championship can be found here.

Here is a pdf with the amateur rules that are being used.

And here are some fights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWVosCaf_DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WuZJDOpdfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB8iBID939E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1MRZxS7uA8

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
A former club mate of mine is competing for Sweden so go Jimmie!

edit: Haha also the people in the cover photos are current club mates of mine.

Opal fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 1, 2014

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Opal posted:

A former club mate of mine is competing for Sweden so go Jimmie!

edit: Haha also the people in the cover photos are current club mates of mine.

Two people from my gym are there as well. And it's not surprising that the photos are from Sweden. The whole IMMAF initiative seems to have started up here. I guess we like to organise amateur sports

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
It's possibly my coach had something to do with the design of the website since he's a graphic designer and the head of SMMAF.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Jon Fitch is no longer on his weirdo vegan diet. He's back to eating meat every day. He's going to be a light heavyweight fighting at 170 again. Bring Back Jon Fitch

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
wait how long has ballman been his opponent?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

wait how long has ballman been his opponent?

Like a week or two, Palhares's mom's sick or something so he pulled out of the fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I knew everybody had been playing musical chairs with opponents but I didn't know Hallman was in. He's old and broken now but it would be bad news for Fitch if he has one last drop of the Hughes magic. I like that fight, it will probably be terrible.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
It really speaks to the incompetence of fitchs camp that they would get him off the all wheat diet before fighting hallman

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

david carmichael posted:

It really speaks to the incompetence of fitchs camp that they would get him off the all wheat diet before fighting hallman

hahaha

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Nobutatsu Suzuki (c) vs Ben "Funky" Askren
Shinya "Tobikan Judan" Aoki (c) vs Kamal "Prince of Persia" Shalorus

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/AokiShalorus-SuzukiAskren-Set-for-One-FCs-First-Event-in-Dubai-on-Aug-29-70013

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
pleeeeeease varner him

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

pleeeeeease varner him

What about a Sotiropoulos part 2?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Shalorus is an Olympian, he'll do fine against Aoki.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Shalorus is an Olympian

No he isn't.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Shalorus is World Class Wrestler

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I almost forgot that WSoF 11 is in the mid-afternoon on Saturday. Gaethje gonna ruin a handi-capable man. :getin:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It really sucks that no matter how great Nick Newell does...as soon as someone beats the gently caress out of him it's going to make terrible terrible headlines and probably crossover like mad. The even shittier thing is that strikes me as a legit reason to keep him out of the UFC :smith:.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It really sucks that no matter how great Nick Newell does...as soon as someone beats the gently caress out of him it's going to make terrible terrible headlines and probably crossover like mad. The even shittier thing is that strikes me as a legit reason to keep him out of the UFC :smith:.

Greg Savage from Sherdog said that there are STILL Athletic Commissions that wouldn't sanction a fight featuring Newell, which is crazy, since he has held his own in his own and is still undefeated.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

fatherdog posted:

No he isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzkOH6ij5So
:colbert:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

"Olympian" means you've actually competed in the Olympics, not that you came in 8th in an Olympic qualifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
From the iranian village of olympehran