Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

computer parts posted:

Compared to like Law & Order that's not a terrible track record, even if you only compare L&O's first 9 seasons.

Hell, in Doctor Who they brought back a guy who played a Roman to be a major character in a spinoff and then later to be the Doctor himself.

Maybe those guys were really the future Doctor all along!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Angela Christine posted:

Maybe those guys were really the future Doctor all along!

Don't joke, they could do this and I'm sure it would suck

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
One of the highlights of binging through old shows is seeing old minor characters that...

1. return at some point later in the show as another character, possibly one that's more important

2. are played by actors or actresses who made it "big" only well after they guest starred on the show, and now their past guest appearances are just this weird jarring thing

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bunnita posted:

Don't joke, they could do this and I'm sure it would suck

poo poo, I'm surprised they hadn't done it already.

Also I legit never knew that the Lucifer = fallen angel stuff wasn't actually in the Bible. Supernatural threads are strangely educational!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

computer parts posted:

Compared to like Law & Order that's not a terrible track record, even if you only compare L&O's first 9 seasons.

Hell, in Doctor Who they brought back a guy who played a Roman to be a major character in a spinoff and then later to be the Doctor himself.

Not to turn this thread into Who chat but yes they are actually planning on addressing why the Doctor bears resemblance to a dude from ancient Pompeii, last I heard. In the same (terrible) episode, Karen Gillan (later Amy Pond) is a priestess!

Supernatural is not nearly that bad on that account. You do see a lot of faces from Syfy popping up here and there (Amanda Tapping, Jewel Staite, Erica Cerra, Mark Sheppard, etc.), which is great because I always want those actors to have work, even if I get misty-eyed when I think about SG-1 or Eureka.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

McSpanky posted:

poo poo, I'm surprised they hadn't done it already.

Also I legit never knew that the Lucifer = fallen angel stuff wasn't actually in the Bible. Supernatural threads are strangely educational!

Half of the stuff people think are in the Bible are just church tradition or from things written about the Bible.

Crossover!

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Darko posted:

Half of the stuff people think are in the Bible are just church tradition or from things written about the Bible.

Crossover!

Meh, what can you do? Dante's description of hell was written as a parody, just not one anybody gets several centuries later.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 22, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

First Bass posted:

Supernatural is not nearly that bad on that account. You do see a lot of faces from Syfy popping up here and there (Amanda Tapping, Jewel Staite, Erica Cerra, Mark Sheppard, etc.), which is great because I always want those actors to have work, even if I get misty-eyed when I think about SG-1 or Eureka.

If you watch enough shows filmed in Vancouver, you see a LOT of the same Canadian actors.

There's a reason so many BSG stars show up in other shows, this one included.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Back to watching Supernatural Babies now that we're done with House of Cards (omg, this season...)

Yesterday was Season 1, Episode 12: "Faith," The one with the faith healer.

I had to look up what a "Rawhead" actually is, I love that they chased down an actual Bogeyman. I feel bad for the brain-tumor girl; her association with Dean is going to kill her and she doesn't even get to sleep with him first! The reaper in this one is way different from what I'm used to in the later seasons; the suits are the same but this guy was all pruney.

Also, when I was looking up the episode number, what's this poo poo here?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2325405440/tt0460681?ref_=tt_ov_i

Padalecki looks like he has moobs and a wasting disease.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

The Red Queen posted:

Back to watching Supernatural Babies now that we're done with House of Cards (omg, this season...)

Yesterday was Season 1, Episode 12: "Faith," The one with the faith healer.

I had to look up what a "Rawhead" actually is, I love that they chased down an actual Bogeyman. I feel bad for the brain-tumor girl; her association with Dean is going to kill her and she doesn't even get to sleep with him first! The reaper in this one is way different from what I'm used to in the later seasons; the suits are the same but this guy was all pruney.

Also, when I was looking up the episode number, what's this poo poo here?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2325405440/tt0460681?ref_=tt_ov_i

Padalecki looks like he has moobs and a wasting disease.

Moobs I can't really comment on, but he's supposed to look rough. Sam just very nearly died trying to close the gates of hell, that seems to be promo material for season 9.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

cool kids inc. posted:

Moobs I can't really comment on, but he's supposed to look rough. Sam just very nearly died trying to close the gates of hell, that seems to be promo material for season 9.

True, but they could have... evened him out more? He looks weirdly top-heavy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't help that Crowley is as tall as a church roof either.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

More: http://imgur.com/gallery/1AISo

How did I never know this movie existed.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

GreenNight posted:

Because it's terrible. I love Jensen, and he's surprisingly attractive done up like that, but that movie is awwwfulll.

But that gallery is missing my favorite gif from that movie.

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 7, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
So I'm on Season 5 and I'm trying to get so I can live watch Season 10.

I've been liking Season 5, some good episodes, but nothing really to comment on until...

The cold open to My Bloody Valentine. :stonk: :barf:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Is it just me or is that the SPN font? Maybe a deliberate nod to the show?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

When I see those gifs I just keep imagining they're caps from the episode where Dean has to go undercover as a douchebag.

And now I want to see that episode.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Just came across this gif of Japanese Jensen Ackles:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

The Red Queen posted:

Just came across this gif of Japanese Jensen Ackres:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Red Queen posted:

Just came across this gif of Japanese Jensen Ackles:

That's clearly the rock

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Season 1, Episode 13: "Route 666" AKA "The Racist Truck Episode."

This episode was pretty bad, and pretty overwrought, but I think I'd built it up to this impossibly high standard of badness in my head that the real thing couldn't compete with.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Red Queen posted:

Season 1, Episode 13: "Route 666" AKA "The Racist Truck Episode."

This episode was pretty bad, and pretty overwrought, but I think I'd built it up to this impossibly high standard of badness in my head that the real thing couldn't compete with.

Fortunately, you have Bloodlines which meets that standard.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

computer parts posted:

Fortunately, you have Bloodlines which meets that standard.

Bloodlines isn't even an episode of Supernatural. It's some other show with a cameo by the Winchester boys.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

Bloodlines isn't even an episode of Supernatural. It's some other show with a cameo by the Winchester boys.

It was a revive attempt of Vampire: The Masquerade tv show, which was bad as well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The weirdest thing about that episode was the eyebrows on the actors. God drat... :smuggo:

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
http://www.eonline.com/news/561209/supernatural-is-doing-a-musical-ish-episode

Are Jensen and Jared singing? "I cannot comment any further than that. [Laughs.]"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/27/sdcc-14-season-10-of-supernatural-will-have-a-musical-ish-episode?abthid=53d5488f2bcd2a653a00000c

quote:

Sam will clearly be focused on getting his brother back to normal but so will Castiel. Misha Collins said, "Castiel's grace is fading and he's getting weaker... Castiel is concerned about trying to help get Dean patched up again more so than he is about recovering his own powers. But he is fading."

As far as Crowley, Mark Sheppard admitted that no one is ever going to believe that Crowley didn't know what was going to happen with Dean, but he might regret his creation. He and Ackles both hinted that Crowley may not be able to control Demon Dean as much as he thought he'd be able to. Ackles discussed filming from last week and said in three days of work, Demon Dean killed two guys and nearly beat two other guys to death.

Besides Dean's new demon jam, Supernatural will hit its 200th episode next season. Carver says they've been describing it as musical-ish. "It's very much Supernatural's own spin and beyond the songs, it's very much what we consider to be a love letter to the fans." Ackles pointed out there's technically singing and music in the season opener because Demon Dean likes karaoke.

Towards the end of the panel, Osric Chau (Kevin Tran) showed up in the audience questions line dressed as a character from Journey and asked whether Kevin would return. Carver didn't give an answer, but the crowd lost it. Another member of the audience asked whether we could expect to see any female series regulars next season to which Carver replied, "You can expect a very healthy dose of new and returning very strong, very powerful female characters this season."

Great, another Felicia Day episode.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
If we get another Wizard of Oz episode, that's totally fine.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

quote:

Towards the end of the panel, Osric Chau (Kevin Tran) showed up in the audience questions line dressed as a character from Journey and asked whether Kevin would return. Carver didn't give an answer, but the crowd lost it.

I really wish there was some video of this moment.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Some Numbers posted:

If we get another Wizard of Oz episode, that's totally fine.

Yeah, Day's character quite possibly got worse in every appearance, but Dorothy was pretty kick-rear end.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
In other news, William Shatner wants to win GISHWHES :haw:

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

I find myself highly amused that http://www.reddit.com/r/jensenackles has almost exactly twice as many subscribers as http://www.reddit.com/r/jaredpadalecki and http://www.reddit.com/r/mishacollins has 50 more than Ackles.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I think the Beliebers are still bitter about this tweet :laugh:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mad Dragon posted:

It's really funny when a celebrity, rather then just bleeting their political opinions or getting into online slapfights, just chimes in from time to time to chastise someone.

Any rational person knows that when someone at Bieber's level gets in criminal trouble, a groupie will step up to take the blame. That's why you have an entourage.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
It's also why they pay them so well.. Not to mention I be the has a bunch of first on him.

Unfortunately I can't find a tweet answering his :(

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Mad Dragon posted:

Whenever I read this I can't help but imagine Padalecki in his office, whippping off a few sick burns on the iMac sitting on his great oak desk, before he promptly turns a bit and does a few lines of coke right off the desk... all with that giant picture of him on horseback right behind him.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

DirtyRobot posted:

Whenever I read this I can't help but imagine Padalecki in his office, whippping off a few sick burns on the iMac sitting on his great oak desk, before he promptly turns a bit and does a few lines of coke right off the desk... all with that giant picture of him on horseback right behind him.

And suits of armor flanking the picture. Of course.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else kinda pissed they didn't use Asia's "Heat of the moment" at the end of the s9 finale?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone else kinda pissed they didn't use Asia's "Heat of the moment" at the end of the s9 finale?

Well I wasn't! Holy poo poo that would have been hilarious. The speculation would have been insufferable though. "Nonono, Sam just dreamed it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Does anyone here know if all of season 9 is on Hulu plus? I don't have a Hulu account and looking for a cheap (but not illegal) way to watch it before 10 comes out.

• Locked thread