Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

RFC2324 posted:

oh god, I thought my accidental derail over America was bad, but now we are derailing over SJW poo poo.

this argument is so loving dumb(because it keeps happening over and over)

Hey, dumbass! A Redditor posted "loving friend of the family." and people are paying literal money to praise him for it. Is this or is this not a case of "idiots on social media"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Time Dissolver posted:

Hey, dumbass! A Redditor posted "loving friend of the family." and people are paying literal money to praise him for it. Is this or is this not a case of "idiots on social media"?

:iceburn:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crain posted:

I thought we were talking about how reddit is racist?

How is it "SJW" to call people out on their racism?

SJW just means things I don't like.

If someone uses SJW unironically, ignore them.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
So I'm to drat lazy to post screen shots, but lately a bunch of people I know have been posting a picture on Facebook of Ricky Bobby from the movie "Talledega Nights" along with the caption "If you ain't first-you're last!!". I get really annoyed by people who feel that it makes them seem tougher to live by this motto. It is especially hilarious because the movie itself comes right out and says that that is a stupid loving way to think. That mentality was responsible for the main characters downfall, did these idiots not even WATCH the movie?

Also, even if the movie meant that message, its still a terrible way to think. I guess being the second smartest person in the world is the same as being the dumbest, right?

tviolet
May 20, 2004

I'm not sure what is your point, can you expand

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

tviolet posted:

nah, not gonna further the derail.

also, lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's you! You are the idiot on social media!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

man it took people long enough

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Moon Man posted:

So I'm to drat lazy to post screen shots, but lately a bunch of people I know have been posting a picture on Facebook of Ricky Bobby from the movie "Talledega Nights" along with the caption "If you ain't first-you're last!!". I get really annoyed by people who feel that it makes them seem tougher to live by this motto. It is especially hilarious because the movie itself comes right out and says that that is a stupid loving way to think. That mentality was responsible for the main characters downfall, did these idiots not even WATCH the movie?

Also, even if the movie meant that message, its still a terrible way to think. I guess being the second smartest person in the world is the same as being the dumbest, right?

You could be second, third, fourth.. hell, you could even be fifth!

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Aphtonites has a new favorite as of 11:00 on Jun 22, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I should drag this poo poo over to the pet peeve thread. For some reason, these bad riddles and tests really rub me the wrong way. I am guessing 1111 is "wrong," while 121 is "right," despite both being 100% correct given the data provided.

Edit: vv Make that three valid answers. That's kind of my point, it could be an a substitution cipher, a simple math exercise, who knows? You have to start out by reading minds to even answer the stupid thing. I bet if you give your answer, and I give one of mine, the third one will be "correct."

Also, I don't find that to be a good brain teaser at all. I think it's ambiguous to the point of being boring. And, obviously annoying, since I keep saying poo poo about it. Argh.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Jun 22, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No, the answer is 1 because it was already predetermined that 1 = 11 in the opening line.

That's the worst thing about this poo poo, some of them are pretty good brain teasers, I just don't need them plastered with fake statistics and pictures of Einstein, with thousands of pointless comments and shilling some garbage radio station.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

About 550k on both likes and comments... :negative:

Informer
Jun 8, 2011
It's like a poor imitation of this.

(Futurama Neutral Planet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxK_nA2iVXw

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

So I guess this is a thing that's going around:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Adobe Acrobat being a tool of Satan would not surprise me in the least, yes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FrozenVent posted:

Adobe Acrobat being a tool of Satan would not surprise me in the least, yes.

Got to agree.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same with Google, they make Adobe seem like saints in comparison.

draconic
Mar 30, 2004

tviolet posted:

?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

RFC2324 posted:

how is it calling reddit out on their racism to post about it here? SJW is just screaming and yelling about how racist people are in a safe place where they won't see you anyway(ever since tumblr got ahold of the term)

post stupid people for us to mock, don't get all worked up about them being stupid racists

Sorry you don't want to mock racists on Reddit giving another racist money. Here, in the social media mock thread.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

tviolet posted:

I know when I'm on social media, I make sure I search by #not, there's critical information to be had.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Florida Betty posted:

So I guess this is a thing that's going around:

What's a mass sheeple, and how do you prepare for it?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Whatever happened to Maxine?

Will she ever be at it again? :ohdear:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Parasol Prophet posted:

What's a mass sheeple, and how do you prepare for it?

I'm not sure, but it's going to be really embarrassing when Google and Adobe give Satan the same gift.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

TinTower posted:

She was old, everyone has to die someday.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I saw some variaton of this on tumblr. It was in gif form, but the same text.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I've seen that image before and I only just noticed... Was that made by EA? I don't recognise the guy one in from the left but the rest are all EA properties.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I like how the gamer picture talks about having "many" lives but only shows various forms of guy who shoots things.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Elblanco posted:

I like how the gamer picture talks about having "many" lives but only shows various forms of guy who shoots things.

There are other kinds of games?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Praseodymi posted:

I've seen that image before and I only just noticed... Was that made by EA? I don't recognise the guy one in from the left but the rest are all EA properties.

It's the guy from Dead Space which is... EA.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I have many lives!*

*only if they're surly looking white guys with short hair.

Spalec has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Jun 23, 2014

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/30-traits-of-empath.html

Link to really wanky poo poo about how empaths can not be boxed in like the normals and are very creative and cool.
Oh and also:

24. Prone to carry weight without necessarily overeating: The excess weight is a form of protection to stop the negative incoming energies having as much impact.

lol

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Uh, yes, if any group of human being is treated in a way more comparable to cats than other human beings, they're being oppressed. Thank you for the illuminating analogy, tactsweater.

EDIT: Found this absurdly fast with Google:

LaughMyselfTo has a new favorite as of 22:54 on Jun 22, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

swampland posted:

Link to really wanky poo poo about how empaths can not be boxed in like the normals and are very creative and cool.
Oh and also:

24. Prone to carry weight without necessarily overeating: The excess weight is a form of protection to stop the negative incoming energies having as much impact.

lol

Please tell me Nemesis Mind Rape scene is on that list.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TinTower posted:

The original cartoonist sold it to Hallmark.

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008

swampland posted:

Oh and also:

lol

Lots of overlap between this thing and those I'm-a-super-unique-introvert lists. Sure are a lot of sad, awkward people out there who want to feel special through the least amount of effort possible.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Did anyone else try really, really hard to read that in Kevin Conroy's voice? I didn't succeed, but I tried.

• Locked thread