Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Someone living in one of my company's apartment house has the first name Anal. I'm guessing that s/he's Indian or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
Yesterday at work, I had to speak to Mr Steven Filmer-Cox.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001
Once I met a lady once named Katherine Raper but her nickname was Kitty. She married into that name and I have no idea why she wouldn't just keep her own name or hyphenate, or even just drop the nickname.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Did you ever meet any one named Stooty

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
At the grocery store today, I was checked out by a lady named Echo. At least it has a history of being a name, but apparently her parents didn't actually know that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
As usual, I seem to have collected a buttload of funny names.

I'll start with a Major Spoiler.

And the rest.

And one awesome dog.

Still more to come.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We live in a country where people have changed their last name so they don't sound Jewish, while at the same time some group of people decided to keep their family name the same as a capital crime.

I just don't understand this planet anymore.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Ballot (Rich White Republican) and the last one with the dog are local to me. We also have a bigass RV dealer over the Indiana border who used to advertise all the loving time. "Tom Raper RV" :stare:

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
I currently work with a Tukker. I guess if you're going to doom your son to eternal virginity you might as well go all out and spell it wrong too.

E: just remembered I also work with a Cyndra.

All on Black has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Jun 19, 2014

ms_hyena
Oct 10, 2012
Last name: "Baltuck"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
A tiny, adorable boy in one of the elementary schools here is named Victor and his last name starts with a Y. I hope he feels triumphant whenever he puts his name on something :3:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

My old boss was named Mads Graves. Not a terrible name in itself, but I couldn't not think of mass graves whenever I saw him, which was very unfortunate.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

The Orange Mage posted:

The Ballot (Rich White Republican) and the last one with the dog are local to me. We also have a bigass RV dealer over the Indiana border who used to advertise all the loving time. "Tom Raper RV" :stare:

I used to have a friend in high school who had that last name. He was a pretty cool guy, but that name.

TLC shows are probably fish in a barrel, but I was watching Toddlers & Tiaras on Netflix and there was a little girl named Faithlyn. Not even the worst name on that show, but ugh.

Franken Fran
May 18, 2011

My mom's cousin is nicknamed Frosty, short for Frostina. I'd have scanned the wedding invitation we got from her several years ago if we still had it, it had snowmen on it... :3:

Went to elementary school with a girl named Breece (who was lovely), and a boy named Johnny Johnson (complete douche who got suspended for sniffing rubber cement & singing Christmas carols in class one day).

Also went to junior high & high school with a girl named Stariana, which I've always thought was a really pretty name and an example of a good made-up/combined name for once-- she said her mom wanted to name her "Ariana", but her dad wanted to name her "Estrella" (Spanish word for star), so "Stariana" was what they came up with to compromise.

Does anyone else have a normal name without any kind of odd spelling that everyone else misspells/tries to give you a special snowflake version of btw? My name is Melissa, but over the years a ton of people I know have still managed to write Melisa, Malissa, Milissa, Millissia, Mylissa, etc despite having the correct version right in from of them on emails & whatnot.

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.
My sister's name is Kristen but she'll invariably get Kristin, Kristyn, Christian, Kirsten, etc, before anyone gets it right.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
My first name is Michael, the most popular name for boys in the US for close to 30 years. People, including my own sister, routinely spell it Micheal.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

This guy yesterday was named Stnuten

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Wayne Gretzky posted:

This guy yesterday was named Stnuten

Didn't you get permabanned?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I still think Sepp Blatter is the worst name out of all the names. Or maybe the best. It sounds like a Hitchhiker's Guide character and I smile every time I see someone mention him.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My own name is fairly obscure and gets me a lot of "can you spell that please..." responses from clerks and the like. But I don't come anywhere near the poor soul I heard about once from a British childcare lawyer.

She mentioned she had once acted for the mother of Barcardi-Ann Coke.

Coke was her middle name. It seemed the mother wanted to remember what she had been drinking on the night of her daughter's conception.

No words, gentlemen.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

eating only apples posted:

I still think Sepp Blatter is the worst name out of all the names. Or maybe the best. It sounds like a Hitchhiker's Guide character and I smile every time I see someone mention him.

Sounds like a long-lost Romney relative.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Franken Fran posted:

Does anyone else have a normal name without any kind of odd spelling that everyone else misspells/tries to give you a special snowflake version of btw? My name is Melissa, but over the years a ton of people I know have still managed to write Melisa, Malissa, Milissa, Millissia, Mylissa, etc despite having the correct version right in from of them on email's & whatnot.

I'm friends with a woman named Vikki, spelt like that because her mum wasn't all there. Despite knowing only 1 person with that spelling, it's the spelling my brain defaults to when emailing etc.

So if i know you and you're Vicky I've cocked up your name.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Franken Fran posted:

Went to elementary school with a girl named Breece (who was lovely), and a boy named Johnny Johnson (complete douche who got suspended for sniffing rubber cement & singing Christmas carols in class one day).

I think I already posted about him in this thread, but I went to elementary school with a Johnny Johnson Jr., which I always thought was a cold goddamn move from his dad. Then again, I guess spending your life as Johnny Johnson makes you desperate to inflict that suffering on others.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I work for a Canadian telecommunications company and I just accessed an account for a woman living in the BC Mainland area named Barb B Raper.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hakkesshu posted:

My old boss was named Mads Graves. Not a terrible name in itself, but I couldn't not think of mass graves whenever I saw him, which was very unfortunate.
It sounds like someone with a strong German accent trying to say "Mass Graves".

"Ve haf found der bodies buried in Mads Graves".

eating only apples posted:

Tangentially related to above, the British show Mock The Week noted that Sepp Blatter sounds like someone German trying to say "Step Ladder".

Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgS0c4rZBo

And more stupid names...

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Not so terrible perhaps, but I work with a Kiana. She is whiter than bleached milk, incidentally.

My grandfather's second wife is named LaRayna. They were apparently going for 'La Reina'---'the Queen' in Spanish---but also her father's name was Ray, you see so,......

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Astrofig posted:

Not so terrible perhaps, but I work with a Kiana. She is whiter than bleached milk, incidentally.

I also used to work with a Kiana. Her middle name is Nicole, and her sister's name is Nicole Kiana. Rude parents.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

All on Black posted:

I also used to work with a Kiana. Her middle name is Nicole, and her sister's name is Nicole Kiana. Rude parents.

I have aunts (twins) called Eva Catherine and Katherine Ava (Eva and Ava pronounced the same).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lot of Rapers in this thread, but this guy is probably the worst.

And various others.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

I think I already posted about him in this thread, but I went to elementary school with a Johnny Johnson Jr., which I always thought was a cold goddamn move from his dad. Then again, I guess spending your life as Johnny Johnson makes you desperate to inflict that suffering on others.

I know at the very least I'd get real fuckin' tired of having to explain that I'm not actually from Wisconsin.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Alyvia (pronounced Olivia).

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Two unrelated white women: KaCee and MarCee.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

My grandfather's second wife is named LaRayna. They were apparently going for 'La Reina'---'the Queen' in Spanish---but also her father's name was Ray, you see so,......

That reminds me of a girl I knew in high school named Cassi. She was named for her father, whose name was Issac. I always feel sad for people whose names are misspelled like that.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

stubblyhead posted:

That reminds me of a girl I knew in high school named Cassi. She was named for her father, whose name was Issac. I always feel sad for people whose names are misspelled like that.

Yeah, shouldn't she have been Caasi and he Isaac?

One of my friends is named Alyssa and at one of her doctors offices, they have her listed as "Erlyssa." On another sheet of paper it says that her name is Elyssa, but her preferred nickname is Erlyssa :psyduck: The last name is also botched of course.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

People we have a winner

Psychomax
Apr 4, 2009
A woman so large she could not stand rolled up to my cash register in a wheelchair; when she handed me her credit card it was under the name "Rusty Bumpers." The back was signed the same. A little dumbfounded, I asked to see her state ID, and her legal name was Rusty Bumpers. I've seen some other strange ones ("Gay Steer" was also on a state ID) but "Rusty Bumpers" makes me the happiest, for some reason.

I also met a "Chris Dragon" at a fundraiser for a children's charity. At the time I was about 15, and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard. When I met him again several years later, I was a little more world weary and understood that it was kind of a red flag for a fully grown man to wear outlandish dragon t-shirts every single day (or at least on the two days that I met him, some 3 years apart). When I looked him up, he turned out to be the webmaster of the "largest community of otherkin dragons on the internet." Go figure.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Haruharuharuko posted:

People we have a winner

Tourette's is no joking matter, but in this case it was remarkably consistent.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

People we have a winner

I love the totally unremarkable "Ryan" out of nowhere toward the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I thought the entire point of "name registration boards" was to prevent that kind of thing? :confused: