Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

whats with posters talking about killing bradley? madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Rakosi posted:

where's all those unfunny gifs now hmmmmm

not enough tears itt

Go away.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

hey dumbass, you said it was over

US came back, it just was a tie not a win, you still look like a total loving imbecile

You're wrong; this is a loss for the US long term.

Go get back to sucking your dad's dick. :madmax:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is going to loving funnnnnnn. :getin:

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

What happens if theoretically US and Ghana end up with the same amount of goals allowed and scored, like if US loses 1:0 to Germany and Ghana beats Portugal by that same margin?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
if germany win by 3 and portugal do the same portugal will advance.

lol if you're blaming bradley and not yedlin, who was already in the corner and forgot that he should just keep it there

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That was incredible to watch and you should be lucky to have watched it you little bitches. It's Portugal, you noobs.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Aureus posted:

Time to start playing up the connections. Germany, we really did want to be on your side in WWI.. I mean we can't do much for ya WWII... but WWI, we wanted to be bros. How about we rig this poo poo?

I mean, all that Marshall Plan money should be worth something guys, c'mon

der_rudi
Dec 26, 2012
If there ever was a certain tie, it's going to be the GER USA match. Both teams needing only one point to advance and Germany still win the group if they tie.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

America is going to take Germany to the woodshed.

Take that to the bank.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

lol they're seriously talking about germany being happy to draw the last game, hahah no fuckin way will they allow that

This. Germany don't care if Klinmann won a world cup for them(he did), they'll give no fucks. They don't have it in the bag either.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Rakosi posted:

not enough tears itt

why would there be tears USA is still the greatest they solidly proved portugal is bad ?

Oh No My Equity
Aug 11, 2013

BGrifter posted:

gently caress both of these teams. This is the worst possible result. Ghana is screwed and Portugal is still in it.

Haha what, Ghana has +2 goal different on Portugal and just drew with Germany, they have a better chance of going through.

Also Ronaldo with an assist in Fergie Time, what a shock. :rolleyes:

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Rakosi posted:

not enough tears itt
:911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911:

:911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

These sad fan reactions by ESPN are the best.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Smiling Knight posted:

What happens if theoretically US and Ghana end up with the same amount of goals allowed and scored, like if US loses 1:0 to Germany and Ghana beats Portugal by that same margin?

h2h - US goes through.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germany_1%E2%80%930_Austria

Klinsi on the phone with Löw right now

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Smiling Knight posted:

usa advance due to beating ghana in the opening game

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Smiling Knight posted:

Then USA go through because they beat Ghana head to head.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Jota posted:

I think that would have the USA advance then they'd be even on goal differential and goals scored but USA would have allowed less goals

what

you might wanna go over that in your head again

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paddyb posted:

That was incredible to watch and you should be lucky to have watched it you little bitches. It's Portugal, you noobs.

This. Injured players, bad first game, they are a top side in the world and they earned that point the hard way.

fruition
Feb 1, 2014

Tortuga posted:

A SECOND GOAL HAS JUST HIT THE TOWERS

Quote of the century im loving rolling lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
It's a very good world cup this one in Brazil

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jota posted:

Would Germany win the group on goals scored if that happens?

yeah

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
it's going to be tight on the last day of this group anyway, should be interesting.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

doing a mighty lol at the people who think germany will play for a draw

they're germany. have you ever even met a german?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rear end cobra posted:

It's a very good world cup this one in Brazil

it's unbelievable when was the last tournament anywhere that was this good

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
If Ghana wins they are guaranteed of gaining at least one goal on the the US in differential. If the US then does their part by losing, Ghana is guaranteed at least another goal in differential. I think the US would still advance based on their win against Ghana in such a scenario, but if Ghana wins by 2 or the US loses by 2, then Ghana advances.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

XyrlocShammypants posted:

America is going to take Germany to the woodshed.

Take that to the bank.

it bounced

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah germany definitely not the team playing for a draw.

Btw, if Portugal wins from Ghana then USA is through irrespective of the outcome of the USA germany match right?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
a tie in either match would send Germany and USA through, yeah? Also, I love how much better our goals are now compared to 2010.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

R. Mute posted:

doing a mighty lol at the people who think germany will play for a draw

they're germany. have you ever even met a german?

I don't think they will either but they did that exact poo poo in Gijon back in the day.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
if England lose again, which would make them 0-3 in this world cup, would the US go through to the next round? how does that work exactly.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Smiling Knight posted:

I think they go by how many goals for they have.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ich bin ein berliner

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
monday's paper:

quote:

Ghana has been exposed as agreeing to take part in international football matches organised by match fixers.

An undercover investigation by The Telegraph and Channel 4’s Dispatches programme found that the President of Ghana’s Football Association agreed for the team to play in international matches that others were prepared to rig.

The team is currently competing in the World Cup finals in Brazil, and on Saturday pulled off a 2-2 draw against Germany, in what was seen as one of the most entertaining games of the tournament so far.

However, it can now be revealed that the African team had been lined up to play in international fixtures whose results would be fixed by corrupted officials.
The Telegraph and Channel 4’s Dispatches launched a six-month investigation into match-fixing after receiving information that some football associations were working with criminal gangs looking to rig scores in international games.

Reporters from The Telegraph and a former Fifa investigator claimed they represented an investment company that wanted to “sponsor” games. Christopher Forsythe, a registered Fifa agent, along with Obed Nketiah, a senior figure in the Ghanaian FA, boasted that they could employ corrupt officials who would rig matches played by Ghana.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10918321/Football-match-fixing-deal-casts-cloud-over-World-Cup.html
i want both portugal and ghana to go out so bad

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Btw, if Portugal wins from Ghana then USA is through irrespective of the outcome of the USA germany match right?

Portugal and USA would need to combine for a 5 goal swing in Portugal's favor

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

spankmeister posted:

If Portgual wins and the US loses, and the change in goal differential is big enough, then USA is out.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

spankmeister posted:

Goal difference would come into account.

A draw in either game will send Germany and the USA through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

This seems like as good a time as any for the Bradley defense gif

• Locked thread