Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone else having trouble logging in for whatever reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyone else having trouble logging in for whatever reason?

Yes, I believe all servers are down.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I don't know if this has been asked before, but how annoying is world pvp on Warbringer?

I'm not a terrible baby or such, I kind of said "never again" with PVP servers like in Vanilla WoW, but then again PVP was kind of terrible in general for that game (especially world PVP). However, I think I'd much rather play Dominion than Exile (I'd rather be grouped with Chua and killing anime furries than be on their same side for my main) and I'd much rather play with Goons than anyone else-- but it seems like the Dominion side of Evinda sounds dead... or at least not as popular as Dominion/Warbringer.

And I've been on the really bad side of small factions/dead realms in my wow days, and so I think 'never again' for that outweighs the 'never again' of world PVP.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This question isn't related to the servers being down, but I do have a question about connection problems. I have been having near constant disconnects since the last patch. Sometimes I can play for about an hour or so before having any problems and then it will start constantly disconnecting me every 10-30 minutes and it sucks when I'm trying to do an adventure. Sorry to the group I bailed on, but I'm sure it was better you find someone different anyways.

I can play other online games for hours and hours and be perfectly fine, I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet, these include the following:

quote:

Updating Graphics Drivers
Running the shortcut with -dx9
Forwarding Ports
Setting up DMZ on my router
Flushing DNS cache
Playing with no UI mods
Running the x64 client directly
Setting up 2-Step verification to make sure that it wasn't someone else logging in to my account
Turning off windows firewall
Turning off router firewall

Does anyone have any other ideas or is anyone else having a similar problem?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

a cat on an apple posted:

In the long run, the earlier you Unlock the 7 Day Influence Boost, the more profitable it is. Considering how aggressively you claimed the Warbringer goons to be poopsockers, I would likely wager, however, that you wouldn't get any return on investment of the boost for two-three weeks; however, the reason for that is because of the cost to Unlock then Purchase is much higher than the cost to Purchase.

If you want the hard numbers, your guild must obtain more than 275,000 Influence per day to make the 8% a return on investment.

Thanks, this is the kind of answer I was looking for.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have weird sound glitches lately? Music cutting in and out etc?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

PaganGoatPants posted:

I had this suuuuuper briefly shortly after the most recent patch, but then never again.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

PaganGoatPants posted:

It's happened twice or so in the last two days, the background music will just cut out. I've gotten pretty tired of the housing music, though, so it all kind of worked out.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Getting in on this sweet working forums action to post this great screenshot

Edit: I am now also a full blown Tron program.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Our leader is level 100. All praise to Dear Leader!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So if I join a guild, I need all my alts invited to said guild? How loving dumb.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So, Osun Forge fabkits, are they bugged for anyone else? I made a bunch trying to hit the creepy cave discovery and now that I have it every time I try to make a forge or cave fabkit in that line I get the bad item error, every time. I've tried relogging, abandoning and making something else it always bugs out, very annoying since I got 1.5 plat for the first cave and I want to make more.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

This is literally the best looking stalker (for that theme) I have ever seen.

Good job. :golfclap:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Blood for the blood god!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like they should make mounts faster and not able to sprint. That or just remove endurance depletion out of combat. Feathering L-shift (or any other button) to get around is mostly just a great way to get carpal tunnel.

Also apparently Translocate Beacon doesn't make you fail race challenges.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
This might be a dumb question, but did it take a long time for anyone else to receive their guest passes? A friend of mine bought this earlier today and after about six hours still hasn't received an email with them. He's playing just fine, so obviously his purchase worked, but no guest pass email. Should he open a support ticket or just wait?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Paper Triangle posted:

This might be a dumb question, but did it take a long time for anyone else to receive their guest passes? A friend of mine bought this earlier today and after about six hours still hasn't received an email with them. He's playing just fine, so obviously his purchase worked, but no guest pass email. Should he open a support ticket or just wait?

Just wait probably. Could take days.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Reason posted:

This question isn't related to the servers being down, but I do have a question about connection problems. I have been having near constant disconnects since the last patch. Sometimes I can play for about an hour or so before having any problems and then it will start constantly disconnecting me every 10-30 minutes and it sucks when I'm trying to do an adventure. Sorry to the group I bailed on, but I'm sure it was better you find someone different anyways.

I can play other online games for hours and hours and be perfectly fine, I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet, these include the following:

Does anyone have any other ideas or is anyone else having a similar problem?

I know this is sometimes the simplest solution is the simplest or whatever but have you tried bypassing your router completely?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

OneEightHundred posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like they should make mounts faster and not able to sprint. That or just remove endurance depletion out of combat. Feathering L-shift (or any other button) to get around is mostly just a great way to get carpal tunnel.

Also apparently Translocate Beacon doesn't make you fail race challenges.

Very common opinion. Personally I think the shift key should initiate a turbo boost that is super NoS.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
I can't imagine they've never considered it, but what's stopping Carbine from offering a system to buy friends copies of the game through a system like CREDD? They could easily make it cost 4 CREDD so it'd equal out to $80, and it'd expand the playerbase instead of just sustaining. I assume gold farmers just use illicit means to grab their copies, and it's not like they couldn't track down sold accounts if the original player was actually RMT.

Also I assume it'd be RMT/against the ToS if I tried to sell goons platinum for game copies for my friends? :v:

Moonbloodsflow
Sep 5, 2002
"Hey baby, let's see some of that axe wound"
I have not heard from Rhonyn Peacemaker, so I guess PoorWeather, if you want to PM me or email me at moonbloodsflow at gmail. I'll give you the last trial key.

NA

w00tuberjedi
Moonbloodsflow
Rhonyn Peacemaker
Kaincypher
PoorWeather
DerVerrater
Parker Lewis
Adam500
40-Degree Day
sweatshopdaycare
Black Bo[X]
Paraiba
Impermanent
Saeka
Pivo
Get Innocuous!
b1gs341
Oz Fox
Godsavethefritos
bigass jncos

EU

Ataxerxes (EU)

Moonbloodsflow fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 26, 2014

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

PaganGoatPants posted:

Just wait probably. Could take days.

Thanks for the advice. In a twist of serendipity the passes arrived moments after I posted!

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

This looks pretty great, actually. Cheers.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Just a heads up to those with AMD video cards, AMD released a new Catalyst driver package with Wildstar specific optimizations. From personal experience, I run a Radeon HD7850 and had most of my settings at medium or low and was getting about 40-50 fps. After the update I was at 100+fps and cranked some settings up so I'm now sitting at a comfortable 50-60fps with mostly High settings. Install this poo poo!

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003

Rurea posted:

Just a heads up to those with AMD video cards, AMD released a new Catalyst driver package with Wildstar specific optimizations. From personal experience, I run a Radeon HD7850 and had most of my settings at medium or low and was getting about 40-50 fps. After the update I was at 100+fps and cranked some settings up so I'm now sitting at a comfortable 50-60fps with mostly High settings. Install this poo poo!

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

This is fantastic. I'm hoping Nvidia follows suit. I have a 780 Ti and for some reason I see 20 FPS is some areas. It's pretty obnoxious having frame rates flying from 100+ to 20.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
Are upgraded Path abilities broken? I just hit Path level 28 as Soldier, so I should have Rank 3 Into the Fray with a 3 minute cooldown. However, it still has the 10 minute cooldown from the base rank. So I moused over all of my abilities in the LAS window - all 3 abilities show was the Base level instead of Tier1/Tier2.

Is this just a soldier problem? Does this happen to all paths? Is there a way to fix it?

I kind of chose soldier for the Full Heal on a 3 minute cooldown :( Now I'm wishing I would've just went Settler/Scientist like everyone else.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

jsr v2.0 posted:

Are upgraded Path abilities broken? I just hit Path level 28 as Soldier, so I should have Rank 3 Into the Fray with a 3 minute cooldown. However, it still has the 10 minute cooldown from the base rank. So I moused over all of my abilities in the LAS window - all 3 abilities show was the Base level instead of Tier1/Tier2.

Is this just a soldier problem? Does this happen to all paths? Is there a way to fix it?

I kind of chose soldier for the Full Heal on a 3 minute cooldown :( Now I'm wishing I would've just went Settler/Scientist like everyone else.

Same deal for me as a Scientist.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Rurea posted:

I tried these after a clean driver uninstall, got a BSOD and had to do a system restore so now I'm all scared of ever installing anything with "beta" in the name again thanks AMD!!!

i know I'm just an anomaly but drat I was so excited to try these drivers

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
warbringer wilderrun is absolutely teeming with farm bots holy moley

Gymp
Dec 9, 2003

It's almost impressive how fast they mine them.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
Just found out I need to farm Deradune rep to get an Engineer AMP, because I went through Ellevar instead. That is a dumb feature.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Moonbloodsflow posted:

I have not heard from Rhonyn Peacemaker, so I guess PoorWeather, if you want to PM me or email me at moonbloodsflow at gmail. I'll give you the last trial key.

NA

w00tuberjedi
Moonbloodsflow
Rhonyn Peacemaker
Kaincypher
PoorWeather
DerVerrater
Parker Lewis
Adam500
40-Degree Day
sweatshopdaycare
Black Bo[X]
Paraiba
Impermanent
Saeka
Pivo
Get Innocuous!
b1gs341
Oz Fox
Godsavethefritos
bigass jncos

EU

Ataxerxes (EU)

I've still got all of my trial keys, so anyone who wants them, get at me via PM.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

bidikyoopi posted:

Just found out I need to farm Deradune rep to get an Engineer AMP, because I went through Ellevar instead. That is a dumb feature.

You should be able to get it cheap on the CX. Most Tier 2 and like half of all T3 are cheap. I had all but two amps left to unlock at like 32. The last two I need are a t2 and t3 medic assault amps.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
So Warbringer PVP is finally getting started!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I finally figured out what was bothering me so much about dashing. I have a tendency to dash in games that have the double tap dash because I wiggle a lot (old habit from wow rogue where I was constantly adjusting position). It felt so much worse in this game for some reason. Pressing ADA would dash me left. I really wish they had dashing customizable at all because it makes me want to pull my hair out.

That and the absolutely poo poo hit detection.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Bashez posted:

I finally figured out what was bothering me so much about dashing. I have a tendency to dash in games that have the double tap dash because I wiggle a lot (old habit from wow rogue where I was constantly adjusting position). It felt so much worse in this game for some reason. Pressing ADA would dash me left. I really wish they had dashing customizable at all because it makes me want to pull my hair out.

That and the absolutely poo poo hit detection.

You can deactivate dash from the movement keys and bind it to a regular key.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 26, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

jsr v2.0 posted:

It's a known issue with multiple paths, there is a dev post on the official wildstar forums in the path section that they're aware of the issue and it'll be fixed, but no ETA at all so it could be weeks or months.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Zephyrine posted:

You can deactivate dash from the movement keys and bind it to a regular key.

I'd have to have a separate dash key for every direction right?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Korhal posted:

It's a known issue with multiple paths, there is a dev post on the official wildstar forums in the path section that they're aware of the issue and it'll be fixed, but no ETA at all so it could be weeks or months.

So that's what the levels are supposed to do.

I checked through the path history and saw the settlers campfire over and over again and I thought "But I already know how to do that"

Meanwhile the Settlers mailbox could use a duration boost because right now it lasts for some 30 seconds which isn't a lot if you want to send an items and type a response in the same letter. Is 5 min too over powered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Bashez posted:

I'd have to have a separate dash key for every direction right?

I think you just hit the dash key while moving in a direction.

I'd check but it's early morning and my cellphone is in the charger (double auth).

• Locked thread