Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
There was also that one terrible live action Warhammer film from years ago with the Genestealers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah but that was uniquely bad. The Ultramarines movie was forgettable bad, which is the worst kind of bad.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Improbable Lobster posted:

There was also that one terrible live action Warhammer film from years ago with the Genestealers

Was this the german fan-film that was basically a dark heresy larp?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

drgnvale posted:

Was this the german fan-film that was basically a dark heresy larp?

Nah, this was much older and official. IIRC it was made out of a demo reel edited into a short film after a movie project feel through. It had a terribly generic name and I can't seem to find it on youtube anymore.

E: Found one thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZBplpT3Iy4

E2: Oh poo poo, found the long one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfhBZR9-As

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 23, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah and the average bangbus video shoot had a better plot and character development.

SRM posted:

It was made independently by Codex Pictures, a rebranded name for the studio that made the Bionicle straight to DVD animated movies. Apparently GW didn't give them any money for it and just let them do their thing. Dan Abnett wrote it, but you wouldn't know it from watching it. It's really mediocre, and the animation's on par with the 90s Starship Troopers show, but the writing isn't as good. It has a bunch of famous old British people in it. It did have a pretty decent soundtrack though. Anyway, here's the trailer, which is basically the 90 best seconds of the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg2vdqHkz9s

I'm generally really positive about GW's products and try to see the silver lining, but Ultramarines: The Movie is a pretty dire piece of media.

Ahahahaha, I always thought these were fan trailers put together by kids in a basement. I had no idea these things were legit :psyduck:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nah, this was much older and official. IIRC it was made out of a demo reel edited into a short film after a movie project feel through. It had a terribly generic name and I can't seem to find it on youtube anymore.

There's another one too, Inquisitor I think the name was. It was made by GW to tie into the launch of their 40mm skirmish game.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

If I could find one of those Genestealer costumes, I would wear it every chance I could get.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

wow, that's terrible even for the 90s.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Did we loose a few pages?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

krursk posted:

Did we loose a few pages?

No, we lost a few days. Looks like the forums only just came back up.

edit: After flicking through the Ork 'dex with you yesterday, you could reasonably ask the same question to GW :v:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I am glad they are back, I spent way to much time arguing about tiny space mens elsewhere and generally bored.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I don't feel good about knowing that the forums are back within minutes of it happening.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So, about the new codex, anything good in it?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
+++GOD-EMPEROR GRANT ME THE BOLTGUN TO KILL THE THINGS I CANNOT BURN, THE FLAMER TO BURN THE THINGS I CAN, AND THE AUSPEX TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE+++

(Finished painting my kill team while the forums were down.)

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Working on a metal weirdboy right now. Whoever came up with this model is a sadistic rear end in a top hat.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Oh man, the new MANZ look awesome.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

If any cool codex havers wanted to drop some points values on us that would be pretty cool.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

CyberLord XP posted:

Working on a metal weirdboy right now. Whoever came up with this model is a sadistic rear end in a top hat.

Hang in there, man, it looks gorgeous when it's finished. There are some great details on that model.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Pierzak posted:

So, about the new codex, anything good in it?

If you have a Warboss, he can waaaaagh! which lets you run and then assault. There is that I guess. Stormboys can run 2D6 after jetpacking, which gives them a huge assault range. Ghazghkull still has his two player turn invulnerable when he waaaaagh!s and lets mega armour models run and assault. He lost the +2 attacks on the charge though, and he's a Lord Of War choice and cybork is now a 6+FNP. Tankbustas are quite decent, and lootas are still good with both having access to trukks. 4+ armour upgrades for regular ork boyz are unlimited.

One thing that really stands out to me is the Deffrolla nerf is worse that the rumors let on. The D3 S10 hits only happen if a unit you tank shock decides to death or glory and fails. Otherwise it's a more expensive reinforced ram.

Edit: I'll go home and get the book for exact point values. In a nutshell almost everything got cheaper, a few things stayed the same and shoota boyz, burna boyz, and walkers got a price hike.

krursk fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 26, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HiveCommander posted:

You really need a Flyrant in there, you have exactly zero ways to deal with air units so if you come across a French Breakfast list you'll get devoured. Also, you could get lucky and roll Warp Lance on the Flyrant if you come up against high AV anywhere. Primes are horrendously overpriced for a HQ that does a whole lot of nothing. Last codex they were niche for would allocation tricks with Carnifex broods but they aren't worth the cost anymore when Flyrants are the best HQ choice we have, hands down (and among the best units in the whole codex, with their BS buff and points decrease). Seriously, take at least one Flyrant.

I usually take a flyrant, but wanted to try something different. In the end I came in second (behind an Eldar player that I never played) with the following list:
code:
Flyrant w/ 2 devourers, hive commander
1 prime w/ boneswords

2 zoanthropes
3 hive guard
3 hive guard

30 termagaunts (20 devourers, 10 spinefists)
5 warriors w/ deathspitters, barbed strangler
1 tervigon

1 crone

1 exocrine
3 biovores
Did the usual outflank tervigon now that he can spit out models. Worked well, devourer gaunts are pretty nasty at 18".

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

krursk posted:

One thing that really stands out to me is the Deffrolla nerf is worse that the rumors let on. The D3 S10 hits only happen if a unit you tank shock decides to death or glory and fails. Otherwise it's a more expensive reinforced ram.

What? So if you ram a vehicle it's just a regular ram attack and not D3 Str 10? gently caress.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sulecrist posted:

+++GOD-EMPEROR GRANT ME THE BOLTGUN TO KILL THE THINGS I CANNOT BURN, THE FLAMER TO BURN THE THINGS I CAN, AND THE AUSPEX TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE+++

(Finished painting my kill team while the forums were down.)

These guys are dope; what's the chapter badge?

While the forums were down I painted a Rhino for one of my tac squads:

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

CyberLord XP posted:

What? So if you ram a vehicle it's just a regular ram attack and not D3 Str 10? gently caress.

Here is the entry. I can't find anything else anywhere in the dex that says any different. I could just be interpreting it wrong as I have a severe cold and my head is funny.

Edit: Something went wrong there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Great Mork why?

gently caress.

EDIT: What a huge nerf, it went from 2D6 on death or glory to D3? And nothing otherwise. Hoping that gets fixed in a FAQ.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

SRM posted:

These guys are dope; what's the chapter badge?

While the forums were down I painted a Rhino for one of my tac squads:

Love that Rhino. I wish they still looked like that.

My guys' chapter symbol is supposed to be a stylized fasces. For those not in the know it's a bundle of sticks bound together, with an axe head protruding. It's a symbol of centralized authority that originated in pre-Roman Italy and still shows up in modern European and American heraldry (it was on the dime for a while). It seemed appropriate for the 40k universe since it's oppressive but in a sort of cruelly ambivalent way that's already represented essentially the same thing for thousands of years.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
SRM stop making us all feel inferior you rear end in a top hat. Ugh, also take new army pics.

edit:

Deffrolla change is bullshit.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

I just noticed that the tankhammer got nerfed to S8 and is a 15pt upgrade.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

CyberLord XP posted:

Great Mork why?

gently caress.

EDIT: What a huge nerf, it went from 2D6 on death or glory to D3? And nothing otherwise. Hoping that gets fixed in a FAQ.

Weren't Deffrollas AP2 in the old book? Now they can uh... ignore Firewarrior armour saves? :shrug:
That's a really stupid and hamfisted nerf, even if they did get cheaper.

Ghaz as a Lord of War is terrible. Here, have a model who has the same statline as before, but he loses 2 attacks on the charge and now gives up 4 victory points when he dies. Oh, but to compensate, once per game your Mega Nobs can run and charge. Totally worth the liability :rolleyes:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

loving death rolla nerf.

edit: wait, they took away his +2A on the charge? What the gently caress!??

Warpheads had better be loving fantastic or my army is SOL for HQ units.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah that's really loving sad for such an awesome piece of kit. Fortunately the red paint job and boarding plank make my battlewagons still somewhat useful.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

^ I wish I could get really drunk with you and bitch about this codex ^ :orks:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sulecrist posted:

Love that Rhino. I wish they still looked like that.

My guys' chapter symbol is supposed to be a stylized fasces. For those not in the know it's a bundle of sticks bound together, with an axe head protruding. It's a symbol of centralized authority that originated in pre-Roman Italy and still shows up in modern European and American heraldry (it was on the dime for a while). It seemed appropriate for the 40k universe since it's oppressive but in a sort of cruelly ambivalent way that's already represented essentially the same thing for thousands of years.
That's really cool! And your color scheme is seriously great. As for Rhinos still looking like that, well, I guess there's always the Deimos ones from Forgeworld.

HiveCommander posted:

Weren't Deffrollas AP2 in the old book? Now they can uh... ignore Firewarrior armour saves? :shrug:
That's a really stupid and hamfisted nerf, even if they did get cheaper.
Deffrollas were AP- but caused D6 S10 hits on whatever they rolled over, or 2D6 S10 hits on units that Death or Glory'd. I have no idea what's with all these arbitrary Ork nerfs, I really don't.

Hollismason posted:

SRM stop making us all feel inferior you rear end in a top hat. Ugh, also take new army pics.
Only once other folks start posting more of their own cool poo poo! I'll be taking new army pics soon; I need to paint a scout squad (most of the way done) and Calgar and I'll have finished my Independent Characters Hobby Progress Challenge dealie. I made up the display board and scenery for them already, so I just need a sunny day.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah that's really loving sad for such an awesome piece of kit. Fortunately the red paint job and boarding plank make my battlewagons still somewhat useful.

I thought RPJ was only +1" in flat out now?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I actually have been painting those warbuggies finally, will provide pics of them soon. SRM, the time of reckoning is nigh.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

SRM posted:

It did have a pretty decent soundtrack though...

I'm generally really positive about GW's products and try to see the silver lining, but Ultramarines: The Movie is a pretty dire piece of media.

The soundtrack was probably one of the only redeemable features of Ultramarines. The composer, Adam Harvey, is also on board for The Lord Inquisitor (including scoring the new trailer). It seems like the dude genuinely cares about the property and wants things done right.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ignite Memories posted:

^ I wish I could get really drunk with you and bitch about this codex ^ :orks:

You bring the codex, I'll bring the beer.

CyberLord XP posted:

I thought RPJ was only +1" in flat out now?

Oh. Yeah that sucks then.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

I’ll do a quick point up. I'll edit in the wargear list in a min.

Edited for a little more info
Pointcosts are for single model in the unit.
Warboss 60 +25 for bike *Can take Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons, Runts & Squigs, Orky Know-wots and Gifts of Gork and Mork.
Weirdboy 45 ML2 +25
Mek 15 can be taken with any HQ except another mek without using a FOC slot. *Can take Mek Weapons
Big Mek 35 + 50 for SAG or KFF *Can take Mek Weapons, Melee Weapons, Runts & Squigs, Orky Know-wots and Gifts of Gork and Mork.
Painboy 50 *can take Runts & Squigs, Orky Know-wots
Grotsnik 160
Badrukk 110 *Can take up to three ammo runts
Zagstruk 65
Boys 6 +1 for shootas, come with stickbombs no extra cost. Can take a trukk with no squad size restrictions, interesting?
Grots 3
Burnas 16
Tankbustas 13 +15 for a tankhammer
Nobz 18 +27 for a bike +20 banner *Can take Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons
Mega Nobz 40 +10 for killsaws
Kommandos 10 +15 for a burna
Snikrot 60 no FOC with kommandos
Trukk 30
Stormboys 9 squad size increased to 30
Koptas 30
Dakkajets 110 +20 extra shoota +15 for flyboss
Burna-Bommer 115
Blitza-Bomma 135
Warbikes 18
Buggies 25 unit size of 5 +10 for scorcha
MekGuns 18, batteries of 5, zapp +5 new guns +12
Battlewagon 110
Dread 80 +10 per PK
Kans 50 +5 for weapons
Gorkanaut 245
Morkanaut 230
Lootas 14
Gitz 22
Ghazghkull 225
Stompa 770

Edit: Rokkits and Kustom Mega Blaster are free upgrades on a deffkopta.

Here is a pic of the wargear list.

krursk fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 26, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Rokkits on koptas are a free update? If so that is amazing.

Keep in mind this is the first 7th ed codex. If fantasy is any indication everything is going to be balanced fairly well? Hopefully?

The mek guns are looking pretty great right now. S8 plasma cannons, and some of the best anti-air artillery pieces. 2 traktors with 2 ammo runts and an extra grot is 69 points, heh.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Krursk also forgot to mention, Painboys can take a bike for 25pts but they don't ignore FOC like little Meks do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What in the world makes Grotsnik worth over 3x the cost of a Painboy? Name recognition?

• Locked thread