Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Gee, no one has posted in here in almost a week. Guess nothing's been going on related to this show. :v:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No Flash spoilers in this thread. Even in tags.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Deadpool posted:

No Flash spoilers in this thread. Even in tags.

Wait, has it started airing yet?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, has it started airing yet?

The Flash pilot leaked, unfortunately they required the SA forum server to host it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
We have a flash thread in which to discuss spoilers?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bunnyofdoom posted:

We have a flash thread in which to discuss spoilers?

We will in September!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technically that means you can talk about Flash spoilers in the Couch Chat!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Technically that means you can talk about Flash spoilers in the Couch Chat!

No. You can talk about Flash here. But no spoilers.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
That Flash pilot was bananas.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Krad posted:

That Flash pilot was bananas.

Gorilla Grodd confirmed!

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Gorilla Grodd confirmed!

Spoiler that poo poo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Flash series is gonna be SO good.

:flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It will be! It felt like a comic book.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Yet the first season will be over so quickly in retrospect.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope he is in a factory and releases a chemical shower and sits backwards in a chair and begins to dance.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, that pilot was loving awesome. DC has actually pulled off with television what Marvel's done with films, and it's glorious. It's an honest-to-god superhero with superpowers show on tv.

Can't wait to see it again at SDCC Preview Night screenings. It's going to be great seeing fans react to some of those moments.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I really enjoyed the Flash pilot. They did a very good job with almost every aspect.

I can't wait for the rest of the series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I didn't watch it but I'm glad to hear it's good.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Can we take a second to appreciate the theme for Flash? Perfectly sets the mood for the show, better than Arrow IMHO.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Some Numbers posted:

I really enjoyed the Flash pilot. They did a very good job with almost every aspect.

I can't wait for the rest of the series.

Yup, it is fantastic. It is going to be a long wait.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And Grant Gustin really nailed Barry's character. I wouldn't mind if Ollie, Barry and Hal become the leading trio for the TV DCU :flashfap:

Assuming we get Hal down the line that is. :v:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Assuming we get Hal down the line that is. :v:

No thanks.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

It's so drat weird that the creators of Arrow were involved with Green Lantern.

Because that movie was not good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Flash pilot was all kinds of awesome. I love the main theme too... so drat heroic sounding.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
No spoilers but do his normal shoes melt off when he runs for the first time super fast?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Drifter posted:

No spoilers but do his normal shoes melt off when he runs for the first time super fast?

Not his shoes, but there is something that gets him to ask STAR Labs for some help with a fireproof suit

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

dreffen posted:

Green Lantern was 2 1/2 good movies ruined by having them all stuffed in one.

First movie needed to be an earth based threat only, ending with the ring running low/out of power and him being sent into space. Second Movie is about Parallax or some space threat, leading up to Sinestro having to use/putting on the yellow ring. Third movie is the corruption and showdown with Sinestro.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can see a bit of Oliver/Laurel in the Hal/Carol interactions, in that whole "I'm such a serious career woman with no time for your flyboy flightiness" attitudes from Laurel, particularly since Laurel...Dinah, really...doesn't really have that kind of outlook in the original.

Then again they were probably just trying more to emulate the whole Bruce/Rachel tone from Nolan's Batmans :v:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

dreffen posted:

As was said, the most common complaint about the movie [Beyond the obvious "This just isn't a good movie"] is that it's completely lacking in focus, and is like 2 or 3 movies trying to share the space of 1 movie. The good thing about a tv show is it gives you time to breathe and really delve into a plot if you want to. It lets them play to their strengths.

Also it has the major benefit of not being focused on Hal, who is the most boring and terrible man in the world.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Perhaps the lower budget of Arrow suits them better, one of my main problems with Green Lantern was how ugly and grimy everything was.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
In a world where every single movie gets a sequel, prequel, prequel sequel, remake, and reboot, it's kind of amazing that the people behind Green Lantern decided to shove in as much as they did. I'd say that they're probably kicking themselves over wasting all that material, but it's not like it prevented them from just ignoring it anyway.

Oh and the Flash pilot was pretty great. I liked pretty much every character's interactions/chemistry/dynamic with each other, with the notable exception of the main female lead. That's got forced CW love drama written all over it, and I was pretty tired of that entire part of the show after like the second scene. Hopefully that was just the pilot going out of its way to establish everything because that could get reeeeaaaally tiring if it goes on all season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Are we really not going to get a place to talk freely about flash till it airs? The pilot is out, everyone who is seriously interested in the show is going to see it, I see no sense in burying our heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist. There's a ton of stuff to talk about, and having a place set aside for it allows it to be contained away from people who want to talk about other stuff without being accidentally spoiled.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Flash was great. Perfect tone, solid acting and a great ending. Can't wait to be watching it weekly.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Axel Serenity posted:

Yeah, that pilot was loving awesome. DC has actually pulled off with television what Marvel's done with films, and it's glorious. It's an honest-to-god superhero with superpowers show on tv.

I was so conflicted after watching the pilot. With all the DC characters showing up in Arrow, I kept thinking how cool it would be if they joined universes with Znyder's upcoming Justice League movies, but on the other hand, I really doubt the TV shows would get as much freedom as they have right now to practically use or do whatever they want with the DCU. I mean, I have no idea what they have planned with that final teaser in the Flash pilot... but it's something that I don't see really working if they'd have to depend on the movies for part of that story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

Also it has the major benefit of not being focused on Hal, who is the most boring and terrible man in the world.

Other than John Stewart.

The Lord Bude posted:

Are we really not going to get a place to talk freely about flash till it airs? The pilot is out, everyone who is seriously interested in the show is going to see it, I see no sense in burying our heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist. There's a ton of stuff to talk about, and having a place set aside for it allows it to be contained away from people who want to talk about other stuff without being accidentally spoiled.

The BSS TV thread is probably a good place for it. BSS doesn't care about spoilers as much, because even comic book nerds don't take things as seriously as TV IV goons.

Edit: I mean Waterhaul posted a spoiler image so I think he's cool with it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 26, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
John Stewart rocks. Especially from the Flash's perspective. He sees him work in slow motion. When Stewart makes a plane, he makes the actual nuts, bolts, engine, plating, and constructs them. So what if he isn't imaginative, he focuses on the real world and getting poo poo done.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looks like all the CW shows are premiering the first week of October, with Flash starting on the seventh.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Drifter posted:

Axel Serenity posted:

Not his shoes, but there is something that gets him to ask STAR Labs for some help with a fireproof suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wth man.

• Locked thread