Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Do botchains work on the V4 client yet? If not, does anybody know if they will?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Angry Grimace posted:

Heliod token army. And of course, Heliod himself.

Not nearly as good as resolving Gary/MoW in their respective Mono-X Devotion lists, though I know goons have been experimenting with White Weenie backed by all the anthem effects out there these days, so maybe the two can meet somewhere?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Promoted Pawn posted:

They've always worked.

C-Euro posted:

Not nearly as good as resolving Gary/MoW in their respective Mono-X Devotion lists, though I know goons have been experimenting with White Weenie backed by all the anthem effects out there these days, so maybe the two can meet somewhere?

Resolved Brave the Elements is basically a win in that theoretical deck, though.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Promoted Pawn posted:

https://twitter.com/GoatBots :jiggled:

Apparently everyone who has ever mlayed mtgo is getting 35 phantom points too?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

https://twitter.com/GoatBots :jiggled:

Apparently everyone who has ever mlayed mtgo is getting 35 phantom points too?

I can't wait for prices to dip from people fake quitting MTGO so I can pick up a bunch of Vintage cards I still need.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Angry Grimace posted:

They've always worked.

He's asking about the people running the botchains still being able to do so after the old client gets turned off, not about being able to do trades with them from the new client. It certainly hasn't "always worked".

That said, I would be very surprised if any major chain is unable to get their poo poo sorted before the deadline, if they haven't got things running already.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

I can't wait for prices to dip from people fake quitting MTGO so I can pick up a bunch of Vintage cards I still need.

Yeah apparently when they decommissioned V2 it was a total shitshow. Tickets hit .72 haha.

I missed you guys :shobon:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Pretty stoked that the Eldrazi are coming back, at least in flavor text and plot :)

Also, dunno how I forgot the Jace and Garruk super standards, but thanks for reminding me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Angry Grimace posted:

Resolved Brave the Elements is basically a win in that theoretical deck, though.

It doesn't take advantage of devotion as a mechanic, but a win's still a win I suppose. Does MBD even have devotion-centric cards outside of Gary?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I can't stop seeing this as Cobra Commander's hood.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

In memoriam, does anyone have any of the great V4 client bugs that i'm sure will totally be fixed for live? I'd love to drive home just how bad this switchover is going to be.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Evangel of Heliod is not a very good card but it might be breakable, especially with Convoke?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I don't get the hullabaloo about the V4 client anyways. Version 3 has always sucked just as bad, it just sucks in a way you're used to.

C-Euro posted:

It doesn't take advantage of devotion as a mechanic, but a win's still a win I suppose. Does MBD even have devotion-centric cards outside of Gary?

Very few "devotion" decks have more than one or two because there aren't many cards with the mechanic in general. I don't think Mono Blue has anything outside of Master of Waves either and the occasional mono-red deck just has Fanatic of Mogis. In white the devotion helps with Nykthos and Heliod though, so you can ramp up to stuff like Elspeth much faster.

a dozen swans posted:

Evangel of Heliod is not a very good card but it might be breakable, especially with Convoke?

Luckily, Bestow creatures are not auras when they aren't in play.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 26, 2014

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't get the hullabaloo about the V4 client anyways. Version 3 has always sucked just as bad, it just sucks in a way you're used to.

They have put untold hours and millions of dollars into a client that is worse than V3 in almost every meaningful way. That's a real accomplishment for how bad V3 is.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Niton posted:

They have put untold hours and millions of dollars into a client that is worse than V3 in almost every meaningful way. That's a real accomplishment for how bad V3 is.

::goonsay::

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Jabor posted:

That said, I would be very surprised if any major chain is unable to get their poo poo sorted before the deadline, if they haven't got things running already.

I hope so, I seem to remember the MTGO economy basically disappearing during one of the 'beta-only' weekends because it took all the bots offline.

Angry Grimace posted:

While I don't like judging an unfinished project, everything they've shown of V4 so far is a significant downgrade in almost every respect. Unless there's a large day 1 patch coming when V3 gets turned off, I'm not optimistic.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Veyrall posted:

I can't stop seeing this as Cobra Commander's hood.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010

Zorak posted:

As the immortal Rich Evans once said, "What?" A new Avacyn? Ooookay.

M15's theme seems to be "cards that children will flip out over." And I mean that in the best possible way. Avacyn, Phyrexians, Liliana Vess, lords, slivers, legendaries -- we just need Eldrazi and we'll have the most beloved set ever for the kitchen table crowd.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

So why did Nissa change from a race-centric planeswalker to a land-centric planeswalker?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Something you may not have noticed, but Duress is leaving the format. How will black decks survive on Thoughtseize alone?!

Elyv posted:

So why did Nissa change from a race-centric planeswalker to a land-centric planeswalker?

Elf Hitler wasn't selling too many booster packs.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010

Elyv posted:

M15 is all about different planes and she's from Zendikar.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Niton posted:

In memoriam, does anyone have any of the great V4 client bugs that i'm sure will totally be fixed for live? I'd love to drive home just how bad this switchover is going to be.

Cards are set aside face up when you use Necropotence, making it really easy to decide how many cards you want to draw off of it!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Cards are set aside face up when you use Necropotence, making it really easy to decide how many cards you want to draw off of it!

Ain't nothing compared to the Fatespinner big.

Oh, MODO :allears:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Saeku posted:

M15 is all about different planes and she's from Zendikar.

The actual answer is in the Uncharted Realms story.

All of the elves other than her get killed by Eldrazi and she uses her powers to summon Wood Elementals now. Not those Wood Elementals.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 26, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Also part of her arc in general is coming to terms with the fact that, you know, being a stupid elf racist kind of doomed her plane and maybe, just maybe, she should focus less about how Elves Rule and more on that whole Nature thing.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

rabidsquid posted:

Seriously?

That suggests that whether cards are set aside face-down or face-up is a client-side thing, and hence that it'd be straightforward to write a nearly-undetectable cheating tool that allows you to see what they are.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Is there still working draft recorder in V4?

moravec
Apr 24, 2007

The fourth law of robots is screw you, I'm outta here.

rabidsquid posted:

Is this only for the player who is setting them aside? Because someone played it against me tonight and from *my* perspective they were face down.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I just want to kill all of my opponents at once with Ob, Hive Mind, and a couple search spells.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Lunsku posted:

Is there still working draft recorder in V4?

Draft recorder has been working in v4 for about a year and a half now, unless something changed extremely recently it still is.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Angry Grimace posted:

Something you may not have noticed, but Duress is leaving the format. How will black decks survive on Thoughtseize alone?!

Has that been confirmed via number crunching or something?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Frozen_flame posted:

Has that been confirmed via number crunching or something?

Cruel Sadist is 93, Endless Obedience is 94.

So no black cards with names between Cr- and En-.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
M15 seems to have a lot of flavor. Really digging the reveals.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jabor posted:

But hey now, still a spot open for Inquisition of Kozilek! :v:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Jabor posted:

drat, I was really hoping this was the Standard I get to T1 quadruple Dark Ritual into a Spirit of the Night.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Jabor posted:

Welp. Maybe it sneaks into Khans instead.

E: looks like Trading Post might still make it! The Murdergoats dream lives on.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 26, 2014

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
So what card in standard is blue, and will turn lands into islands in some manner? This is important top secret squiddery

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Homo for Hitler posted:

So what card in standard is blue, and will turn lands into islands in some manner? This is important top secret squiddery

Sealock Monster?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Frozen_flame posted:

Sealock Monster?

Chasm skulker is the card I'm referencing. I'll be using that, plus quickling to save my mans from targeted removal, give my raptors extra frostburn evolve triggers, and have the option open to run more hypnotic sirens because playing them early won't be nearly as poor of a decision.

I'll also be replacing bident with military intelligence because a) it isn't legendary b) isn't nearly dead if my opponent is at 2 or less c) I can activate the draw effect as early as turn 3 with dispel backup and finally d) you're much less likely to be combat tricked into a bad attack considering they would have to respond before declaring attacks if they wanted to shut down the draw effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Is the Soul of Shandalar the best of the "Soul of Place" cycle of creatures? Because it's got removal tacked on and kills basically each other Soul in combat. Probably still not Constructed-worthy, though.

Also, the lands this go round seem kinda really cool. At least, a couple of them.

• Locked thread