Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Minarchist posted:

I just wanna believe :allears:

Who are these people that can't hold in a poo poo if they don't have access to a toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Gen. Ripper posted:

Who are these people that can't hold in a poo poo if they don't have access to a toilet.

MMO players mostly, and it's not a lack of access it's just that they can't afford to take a 3 minute break from grinding/raiding to use a bathroom.

See also: Poopsockers

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gen. Ripper posted:

The same people that have to hide from their parents because they fear social interaction so much that they would rather poo poo in a cardboard container that they keep in their room than risk talking to their parents.

I mean that was what bothered me the mostabout that. He had a regular "poo poo carton", that he kept warm and ready in his room.

Of course none of it happened though, so I can sleep another night sure in the knowledge that poo poo cartons are just the figment of someones imagination.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Green text stories are supposed to be funny and the worst examples of humanity. You ruin the fun by analysing it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I propose the OP amends the first post to say that green text stories should be excluded. Even though they're pretty funny.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

This is so loving stupid it makes my head hurt.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Some Idiotic Website posted:

As with any story with minimal documentation (Ardentleprechaun’s pictures are currently floating at the top of Reddit.com), we’re going to assume, for the sake of storytelling, that Shane is a real person, and that these notes from -Management are real as well.

No, this is not how that works. God did these people never learn anything about sources?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bringmyfishback posted:

I propose the OP amends the first post to say that green text stories should be excluded. Even though they're pretty funny.

I suggested that on the very first page. I don't think the OP even follows this thread. :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

BrigadierSensible posted:

The same people that have to hide from their parents because they fear social interaction so much that they would rather poo poo in a cardboard container that they keep in their room than risk talking to their parents.

I mean that was what bothered me the mostabout that. He had a regular "poo poo carton", that he kept warm and ready in his room.

Of course none of it happened though, so I can sleep another night sure in the knowledge that poo poo cartons are just the figment of someones imagination.

Maybe their parents would get mad at them for being awake at 5 am because...uh...being up early is bad?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
They probably weren't up early, but rather up late, and they didn't want their parents to know that they'd been up all night pooping in boxes and playing mmos.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Maybe their parents would get mad at them for being awake at 5 am because...uh...being up early is bad?

My mom gets mad at me when I go poop at night because thanks to a horroble mirror placement the light from when i open the door shines in her face

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

My mom gets mad at me when I go poop at night because thanks to a horroble mirror placement the light from when i open the door shines in her face

Well tell your mom to stop sleeping in the bathroom!

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

quote:

Do you ever catch Chinese girls checking out your buldge?
I always used to catch girls eyeing my package back in the US. Sort of like this video if you can watch youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8JPZyJiuE

But I wasn't prepared for the amount of attention I would get here in China from the ladies, (and unfortunately sometimes men.)
Girls are really blatant about staring and usually start giggling. I'm not complaining when its a cute girl. In fact im thinking about going commando in some grey sweat pants to give them real show.

Anyone else experience this?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Farmland Park posted:

Anyone else experience this?

All the drat time. :awesome:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

http://youtu.be/dpFNC7puU2M?t=51s

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Here's some poo poo that actually happened on imgur:
http://imgur.com/gallery/pI5MIry

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

CannedMacabre posted:

Here's some poo poo that actually happened on imgur:
http://imgur.com/gallery/pI5MIry

Were they playing cow patty bingo?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

It's the Battle of the Buldge for me every day in Hong Kong.

Also for the cake story on the last page, my friends got me a cake with "happy birthday" written on it in Yiddish. Cake decorators really don't care and will just copy the characters. If a Chinese lady can write Yiddish with icing, it stands to reason an American can handle Korean, which has arguably simpler characters to write.

guuoqo
Nov 21, 2013

quote:

Multirotors and intoxication are fun DO NOT MIX

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure nobody who's done high school chemistry (let alone further) would write C2H6O. This person could at least make up a story within their field.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Zack Parsons wrote some great STDH for the front page today:

You Won't Belive the Heartless Thing An Imaginary Person Did to My Child

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Oh my god that is too perfect. The part of the slide whistle almost had me in tears.

Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man
From Facebook:

quote:

Friday lunch story:
Stopped in at my favorite Middle Eastern/Mediterranean style bakery for a shawarma, and there was a very loud woman talking on the phone to a friend about the "quaint ethnic food" she was getting and complaining about how long it was taking. She was pushy, constantly asked for updates on her food, and was just a nuisance. I was order 19, and I waited maybe five minutes before one of the cooks called me to the window and said my order was ready, and he showed me the ticket to verify that we both had number 19s on our tickets.
The lady began to yell, "I think that's my sandwich!" at me, and the lady behind the counter told her, "your order is still cooking." The cook and the cashier both looked at me and wished me a good day with wide smiles; the lady was several numbers ahead of me and looked outraged. Glad I chose to wear my bright pink lipstick today, I smiled at her and passed by with a high pitched Dolores Umbridge laugh. The look on her face made my day. Be nice to people, and sometimes, you get unexpected perks.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Bloodnose posted:

Zack Parsons wrote some great STDH for the front page today:

You Won't Belive the Heartless Thing An Imaginary Person Did to My Child

That was hilarious and I'm glad he got the phrase "fug of jazz cigarettes" in there. This article was funny enough to make me want to read the one it is sort of based on again but the author took it down. Here's a recap but the author of this article just sums up the blog and leaves out a lot of the embellishments that are hallmarks of stdh. Still, the paragraph that's there is pretty funny.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

What exactly is the perk supposed to be?

Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man

effervescible posted:

What exactly is the perk supposed to be?

I think she was trying to say that her niceness and pink lipstick caused her to get her order before the other lady even though the mean lady had ordered first.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

so what exactly stops him from looking them up with his phone at the store

I mean I know it didn't happen, but come on, that's low hanging fruit

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I frequently call the ones i love a smartass

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Religious Man posted:

I think she was trying to say that her niceness and pink lipstick caused her to get her order before the other lady even though the mean lady had ordered first.

Oh. Man, even if this did happen to it's much more likely that the mean lady just ordered something that takes longer to make. Why would the employees want to keep an annoying customer around longer?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I frequently call the ones i love a smartass

Y'see, she says smartass, as in the US version (Brits say smartarse), but then specifies Tesco, which is (I think) UK only. You've got to get the details right if you want someone to believe your pointless and overly cutesy story.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Y'see, she says smartass, as in the US version (Brits say smartarse), but then specifies Tesco, which is (I think) UK only. You've got to get the details right if you want someone to believe your pointless and overly cutesy story.

But my WIFE does science and she's a girl and I'm just her lovable rascal of a husband. Now give me internet points!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Accidentally asked this in the wrong thread...now I'm asking here:

Weird request, but does anyone remember/have a copy/some link to an internet post (possibly from TVTropes? In one of the "Troper Tales sections?) I read about here a few years ago:

If I remember it right, the guy was trying to be one of those "citizen superhero" types, and described sewing some weights into gloves, like ball bearings or something, to better fight crime. He then said he went patrolling, or something, (possibly in/near a cemetery?) and claimed a wolf ran at him to attack, but he punched it in the face with his new gloves, and that it wouldn't be bothering anyone anymore.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

As we all know, wolves routinely hang out in cemeteries because real life works like an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

jodai posted:

That was hilarious and I'm glad he got the phrase "fug of jazz cigarettes" in there. This article was funny enough to make me want to read the one it is sort of based on again but the author took it down. Here's a recap but the author of this article just sums up the blog and leaves out a lot of the embellishments that are hallmarks of stdh. Still, the paragraph that's there is pretty funny.

Soon enough, we were done with our shop and were making our way toward the front. As we passed through the produce section, two teenage girls began giggling and one of them asked, "Is that a boy or a girl?" I smiled and said, "He's a boy." I looked on at him adoringly as they continued to giggle.

Out of nowhere a big booming voice rang out. "THAT'S a BOY?!" The man was overly large with a bushy beard and a camouflage shirt with the arms cut off. He had tattered shorts and lace-up work boots with no laces. I could smell the fug of cigarette smoke surrounding him, and there was a definite pong of beer on him.

"Yes," I said simply, still smiling.

With no notice, the man stepped forward, grabbed the headband off of Dexter's head and threw it to the bottom of our shopping cart. He then cuffed Dexter around the side of his head (not hard, but that is not the point) and said with a big laugh, "You'll thank me later, little man!"

At the same time as I stepped forward, Dexter grabbed his head where the man had smacked him and threw his other hand forward, stomping his foot and shouting, "NO!" I got between my son and this man and said very firmly, "If you touch my son again, I will cut your drat hands off."

The guy snarled at me, looked at Dexter with disgust and said, "Your son is a f*cking fa***t." He then started sauntering out, but not before he threw over his shoulder, "He'll get shot for it one day."

I stood there, shaking, fists clenched, waiting for the man to disappear out the door, and then I fell apart. I was shaking so hard, holding back tears and comforting Dexter.

Not a single person said or did anything. There were several people who had witnessed the encounter, but not one of them came over to offer support or console me or my son.

I was there with a 2-year-old and a 5-month-old baby, and my kid had been verbally and physically assaulted by a man. And no one did a thing.

I made my way to the front, still in shock, and I paid for my items and left. I did not report it to the management nor to the authorities, though I am considering doing both. But as I live in a tourist area, I doubt there is anything I can do to find the man -- he could be anyone from anywhere.

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone (and there were a LOT of you) who advised me to contact WalMart for the CCTV footage and the police to press charges.

I most likely won’t be doing that. I would like to explain why.

When it happened, I wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could. I was in a bit of shock, to be honest, and the fact that no one else came up to offer any support made me wonder if I’d overreacted.

The entire thing happened in less than a minute. It was over as quickly as it started, and no one was harmed. My shock at what the man said was worse than my upset about him touching my kid.

The truth is that (and I tried to make this clear in the blog post) he did not hurt my son. He cuffed him like you would pat a dog on the head. It was not violent. It was not acceptable, but it was not violent.

My two days of thinking on the whole thing has made me believe that the guy saw a woman with two little boys on her own, one of the boys wearing a girly headband, and he thought he was doing me a favor by teaching my boy to be more manly.

He may have thought I was a single mom in need of a strong male role model. And when he touched my son, I immediately stepped in to threaten him. His reaction was over the top and completely terrible, but we have all said things in the heat of the moment that we are not proud of. The fact he seemed to have been drinking may have exacerbated his reaction.

fish and chips and dip has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Jun 28, 2014

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

There's a version on Facebook that has the beginning of the story.

quote:

This is Dexter. He is 2 years old. He loves to be Batman and Superman and Spiderman. He's a real boys' boy. He pretends he is flying, and he captures the baddies who threaten us.He is a fabulous big brother. He was a later bloomer vocabulary-wise. He used to be terribly shy but has recently begun to come out of his shell. He loves new people and enjoys greeting them with a big "HI!" when he meets them.His favorite color is pink. He loves Dora the Explorer. He has been known to wear my skirt as a dress, and he delights in cuddling with his mama.Last night, I took my two boys out to pick up a couple of things from Walmart. Mark had to catch up on some work, so I ventured out on my own, which is something I don't do very often. It takes a lot of work to get the kids ready, get them in and out of the car, find a shopping cart, keep them happy while I shop and get them home in one piece. You parents will understand this.

After struggling to get him dressed and get his shoes on, I had to pry an overlarge teddy bear out of Dexter's arms, as he was set on taking him with us. This brought on tears and tantrums, which I somehow managed to calm very quickly. But when I attempted to remove my discarded lace flower headband from his head (which he'd been wearing all day), I saw him getting ready to fight, so I left him to it. Who was he hurting?

We got to the store, and amazingly I managed to get him to sit in the shopping cart with no issues. The fact that he was wearing a cute girly headband made him feel good, and he was charming all the old ladies by waving like a little pageant prince. I snapped his photo after two old birds came up to tell me just how adorable he was

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Shwoo posted:

There's a version on Facebook that has the beginning of the story.

Hell, this whole beginning is pure STDH. I'm surprised there's a father-figure around for the kids. I expect this kind of slunt to be a 'brave, single mommy' type.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Yeah that pink headband incident at Wal-Mart was written by Kathleen Carpenter aka "Katie Vyktoriah" and became a bit of a sensation last year.

Despite earning major mom-blog-cred, her story was quickly pulled apart and questioned. Hoping to spin back some sympathy she threatened suicide and got put under psyche evaluation.

She was taking the STDH cake with claims on her blog that included...

quote:

Having survived 3 failed kidnapping attempts and 1 successful one; claiming to be a stewardess for an airline and quitting just weeks before the flight crashed twice in three months; that she was “meant to be in NYC on 9/11, but I cancelled last minute”; that she missed catching a train that later crashed.

Other claims include suffering from Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, BPD, manic depression, ADHD, and apparently her breasts are so spectacular they cause bar fights.

No doubt somewhere in all that her original husband left her and laid the tracks for the crazy train to ride on. She's remarried (in Vegas) and is now back on facebook, again posting clickbait about pregnancies and other handy dandy lists, plus carefully commenting about the KFC mauling incident.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The weirdest claim that Katie Vyktoriah made is that she loves her little son so much that she'll lick the boogers from his nose while he sleeps. I hope to God it's not true.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
There was another mommy blogger who said she once did the same to a stray piece of her child's poo poo when changing. I'm sure there are tons more of mothers smitten to madness.

Lest we forget classics like Juliana Wetmore (still alive and a hit with the fundies) and "Your poison womb is making heaven crowded".

On a darker note, recently there's been Lacey Spears, who had a past of clinically lying about all sorts of past-misdeeds, culminating in a seriously nuts rabbit hole of lies that starts off with an unsettling coveting of someone's kid she was being a nanny to then running off after getting pregnant with the guy next door and beginning her own "tragic mom" story that culminates in her kid dying from a sodium overdose.

There's a five part expose on just what the hell was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

InediblePenguin posted:

when I was working retail, at least half of the people who wrote CHECK ID on the backs of their credit cards would get really offended if you actually asked to see their ID

Do they somehow think that if their card gets stolen, the culprit is also going to write "check photo ID?"

I really don't get this.

• Locked thread