Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

We know the shingami's powers as well. Also Gordon Sternritter already used Volstandig before and did not lose and Pepe and Giselle have not used theirs yet.

Yumichika, 69 ichigo and Ikkaku haven't shown their bankai to the sternritter yet. And in the case of Ikaku we need to see how breaking his bankai made it stronger somehow. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Only the ones that lost their bankai's got the pills. Likely Byakuya got his while he was with King Kai...er up with zero division

I think Kubo dropped the bankai stealing plot device. I think most of these guys are more interested in using their Vollstandig instead anyway

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Darth TNT posted:

Yumichika, 69 ichigo and Ikkaku haven't shown their bankai to the sternritter yet. And in the case of Ikaku we need to see how breaking his bankai made it stronger somehow. :shrug:

he's gonna intentionally have it stolen

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Lamebot posted:

he's gonna intentionally have it stolen

They can't use Vollstandig if they've got a stolen bankai.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

The_Frag_Man posted:

I remember the hollow pills, I thought only captains got them? Rukia and Renji were in the place with the soul king, and hisagi and the bald guy aren't captains..
I don't remember that fella getting his bankai back after the fear guy got killed. Isn't it stored in some medallion?

Renji could be strong enough now that his Bankai would be too powerful to control (lol), or it could just be that Urahara sent one to everyone with a bankai and not just captains.

Rukia's bankai killed As Nodt the second she activated it, so he couldn't have stolen it if he wanted to. (Plus I think he was in Volstandig by then)

Byakuya already had his bankai back by the time he shows up to where As Nodt and Rukia are. He presumably got a hollow pill. It didn't show it, but I'd presume that's the case, as As Nodt definitely didn't have it anymore by the time he faced Rukia.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Urahara probably teleported them a pill or something sometime after they dropped anyway.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I thought people couldn't fly in Soul Society.

Aha, the only place Ichigo can't follow the bad guys to: Ghost space.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Thoren posted:

No, they were already in ghost space. This is a level beyond ghost space. It is called ghost space 2.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

No, they were already in ghost space. This is a level beyond ghost space. It is called ghost space 2.

Or, as they say in Japanese, Juhaywach-chan no kazoku ryokoo adobenchaa.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Thoren posted:

No, but you are able to arbitrarily stand on flat nothing mid air if you have a smug or concerned look on your face.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Thoren posted:

i think it just must be really hard to draw the characters standing on the ground.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think it just must be really hard to draw

That's pretty much Bleach.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Omglosser posted:

No, but you are able to arbitrarily stand on flat nothing mid air if you have a smug or concerned look on your face.

Pretty sure this is brought up when I think Ikkaku fights the fullbringer with the knuckle dusters.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well I guess Orihime found the female Arrancar's tailor.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think it just must be really hard to draw the characters standing on the ground.

Kubo is just really comfortable drawing feet, he is a reverse liefeld.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Darth TNT posted:

He worked hard to learn how to draw feet and he'll be damned if he lets something like characters standing on anything physical get in the way of it!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Darth TNT posted:

Much better fashion sense and character design.

Same obsession with large breasts, though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That's not an obsession just natural instinct.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Where do you think all that reiatsu goes?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Bleach at least has diversity of size. Rukia isn't exactly stacked.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

TenaciousJ posted:

In fact, she's really tiny. According to Kubo's end of chapter info sheets, she's about 4'8" and 70 lbs. How she was ever effective as a shinigami outside of kido is just beyond me.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Shoren posted:

In fact, she's really tiny. According to Kubo's end of chapter info sheets, she's about 4'8" and 70 lbs. How she was ever effective as a shinigami outside of kido is just beyond me.

Shinigami strength doesn't seem to necessarily be related to how big you are. I mean, Ichigo no sold Jidanbo at the start of the soul society arc and he's not super buff or anything.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shoren posted:

I never realized she was supposed to be that small. Is she an elf?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Shoren posted:

That weight makes no sense for that height so I'm pretty sure Kubo just picked something at random.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's probably meant to contrast her more to Ichigo who at the start of Bleach was the big, delinquent fighter, while she complimented him being the short, strict support. A lot of the things about those two characters are meant to compliment each other, even right down to their bankai.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

slev posted:

That weight makes no sense for that height so I'm pretty sure Kubo just picked something at random.

Yeah that's a BMI of <16, which is pretty significantly underweight, especially for anyone who was even moderately athletic.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Ichigo is supposed to be 5'11 and 145 lbs.
Sado is 6'5.2 and 245 lbs.
Shida is 5'9.5 and 125 lbs.
Orihime is 5'2 and 108 lbs.
Yoruichi is 5'3 and 93 lbs.
Kenpachi... 6'7 and 198 lbs.

edit: hiyori is 4'4, and 57 lbs hahaha.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Thoren posted:

:lol: what

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
avian bone syndrome clearly. Or spiritrons have negative mass.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahaha how in the gently caress is Chad heavier than Kenpachi?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

From those body weights the only healthy people are Chad and Orihime.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well no duh, everyone else is dead. :v:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Spiritrons are less dense than atoms, I guess.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Scyantific posted:

Hahahaha how in the gently caress is Chad heavier than Kenpachi?

This actually makes sense. He appears wide because of his clothing but Kenpachi is actually lanky and skinny. He's practically skin and bones. I remember in some scenes you see his chest and it's basically sternum and ribs with skin pulled tight over them.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Thoren posted:

Ichigo is actually 5'8.5" at the start of the series. I noticed that and Rukia's height/weight when I was rereading the series recently and thought it was a little ridiculous. Especially because Chad is 6'5" from the time he was introduced. Imagine a Japanese teenager that tall.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I never realized she was supposed to be that small. Is she an elf?

In the pilot she was so small that she bathed in a teacup.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean dude may write a half assed story at times, but the fact all the dead spirit people don't weigh as much as you'd imagine and the living people mostly do seems fairly consistent with the idea dead people don't weigh a lot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TenaciousJ posted:

I never understood why they started drawing Karin so top heavy. I guess she got her Mom's genes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Boogaleeboo posted:

I mean dude may write a half assed story at times, but the fact all the dead spirit people don't weigh as much as you'd imagine and the living people mostly do seems fairly consistent with the idea dead people don't weigh a lot.

It'd be really awesome if that was the intent and not Kubo just pulling numbers out of his rear end, but with this series it's hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So is that Ichigo's ghost weight or human weight?

• Locked thread