Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Bean Freeman. Problem solved.

Really though that's weird.

Except no matter what I pitched or where I tried to pitch it gave me the same result. I yellow lined a fastball high and tight and he somehow tomahawked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Jeter gets an auto plunk if I can afford it, makes the other dude get a lil huffy sometimes.

That sounds loving hilarious, I've never considered trying to grief the other guy by beaning a fan favourite.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That sounds loving hilarious, I've never considered trying to grief the other guy by beaning a fan favourite.

Oh definitely, my buddy comes over and uses the red sox, and i take Ortiz's bat out of his hands every time. It's actually funnier to make him sit through four wild pitches than just beaning him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
3-4 ND - 6.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
6-2 W - 8.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
1-2 ND - 7.0 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K
2-0 W - 6.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
3-0 W - 8.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
2-3 ND - 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
0-1 L - 5+ IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
1-2 ND - 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER,, 1 HR, 0 BB, 10 K

I loving hate pitching for the Marlins.

e: in 4 ND and 1 L: 33.0 IP, 20 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 41 K :negative:

e2: 3-9 ND 8.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 8 K FOR gently caress'S loving SAKE

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 13, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Was there a patch or something today?

All my settings were reset and some other stuff seemed off.

e: My profile is also reset. What happened?

Hockles fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 13, 2014

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

suddenlyissoon posted:

I've always felt like sports games were "pre-destined" and now I feel like I have proof of it in the show.

So I'm playing my RTTS character and I'm pitching vs the Braves. First pitch and Upton gets on base with a single between first and second. Two batters later Freeman crushes one to left. I get pissed and reset the game only to have it happen again...and again...and again. That's right, four times with the EXACT same hit, location, and outcome. So I can't play anymore because I think I broke my controller.

It took me 10 resets to win game 5 of the ALDS against Oakland with a totally fresh Verlander in my RTTS.

Edit: OYM, My Starting Pitcher is with the Marlins and on at least 5 occasions I've taken a CGSO into the 9th, inexplicably got pulled with 90 pitches thrown, and taken a ND because the reliever immediately blew it. At least the Marlins being utter rubbish is true to life.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I gotta quit playing RTTS on either my vita or my ps4. I'm leaning towards the PS4 because it's so much more fun on the Vita and whenever I switch to the PS4 i can't hit for poo poo, but on my Vita I'm destroying pitchers.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Hockles posted:

Was there a patch or something today?

All my settings were reset and some other stuff seemed off.

e: My profile is also reset. What happened?

Did you screw around on beginners mode in RTTS or anything like that? Maybe accidentally click left while adjusting settings and set it to a rookie profile?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Edit: OYM, My Starting Pitcher is with the Marlins and on at least 5 occasions I've taken a CGSO into the 9th, inexplicably got pulled with 90 pitches thrown, and taken a ND because the reliever immediately blew it. At least the Marlins being utter rubbish is true to life.

The game stopped letting me request a trade

e: Cishek leads the majors with 50 saves (and he's blown 12) with a 5.00 ERA.

e2: I finally got another win. All it took was a complete game 1 hitter. We won 3-0, I hit a 2 RBI double, then later scored from first on a double to the gap. I gave up a lead-off single to Segura, then got a double play on my way to retiring the next 26 batters in a row.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 14, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

gleep gloop posted:

Did you screw around on beginners mode in RTTS or anything like that? Maybe accidentally click left while adjusting settings and set it to a rookie profile?

Nope. Weird thing was, I closed the game after playing for a while to play a different game. I was like level 3 or 4 when I stopped. When I booted later, my settings were what I set them too after they were defaulted, but my profile was back up to 12, but I was 14 when it was erased.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally made the MLB, straight from AA after about 30 games. Just going from Jackson, TN to Safeco Field is like upgrading from ps3 to ps4. Love it.

How easy it it to be demoted once you make it? I'm averaging about .250 with a few let left fielding errors after 5 games.

Does Seattle have a good left fielder? I haven't followed real baseball in a long time.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

leidend posted:

Does Seattle have a good left fielder? I haven't followed real baseball in a long time.

If you go to "Player Comparison" you can see all of the players in the organization at your position. Or scroll through different positions too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Welp, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjAenOp5YUg

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

virtual marlins are dumb part a million:

made me pitch the wednesday wildcard game on 3 days rest, a 108-pitch 1-hitter with 11 K and an unearned run. make the NLDS vs. the dodgers, the way the schedule is set up it's game 1 on monday, game 2 on wednesday, and games 3-5 on thursday-saturday. we lose in 4 and they don't have me scheduled to pitch until game 5.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just hit an inside the park grand slam. Except it was in Spring Training, so it doesn't count :(

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

virtual marlins are dumb part a million:

made me pitch the wednesday wildcard game on 3 days rest, a 108-pitch 1-hitter with 11 K and an unearned run. make the NLDS vs. the dodgers, the way the schedule is set up it's game 1 on monday, game 2 on wednesday, and games 3-5 on thursday-saturday. we lose in 4 and they don't have me scheduled to pitch until game 5.

The worst thing about the virtual marlins is that it isn't true to life in that they won't trade you the second you get any good at baseball

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

So in online I was up 4-0 and PH Greg Dobbs in the 7th. Since I was bored I left Dobbs in at pitcher sporting a 81 MPH fastball and a brutal 65 MPH change. Dobbs gave me three shutout innings of relief with 4 K's, and only one hit.

It was oddly satisfying, throwing high fastballs that he would be late on, and then a low change in which his swing would be complete before the ball crosses the plate.

In other online annoyances, people who spam the L3 button when they are batting should be shot. It doesnt even work.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Everytime I play the whole game in RTTS my Chattanooga side plays like Charlie Brown is the manager.

I am having a lot of fun with it, if only for the little things. I made my guy have the announced name of James Kirk even though that's not even his name and my walkup music is someone singing "you won't be happy with me, but give me one more chance, you won't be happy anyway".

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I hit for the cycle with my RTTS AAA 3B today. I thought there was no way I was getting the triple and the third base coach was telling me to hold up at second, but a bad throw and a good slide got me a cycle in four hits. No extra points for that though :mad:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
RTTS is just so much more fun on my Vita during commutes and on the can, and the PS4 is more fun for Franchise.

Laughing at RTTS though; my AA CF is batting .403 right before June, with 21 dingers, 70 RBI, and the Twins still won't call me up when they have Hicks in CF batting .160.

E: Cycle talk, I hit for the cycle with Trevor Plouffe in my Franchise and was disappointed there was no trophy for it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

E: Cycle talk, I hit for the cycle with Trevor Plouffe in my Franchise and was disappointed there was no trophy for it.

Well I for one would be surprised if there was a trophy for hitting the cycle with Trevor Plouffe. Seriously though, isn't there a trophy for doing something like that with Mike Trout?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jingleheimer posted:

Well I for one would be surprised if there was a trophy for hitting the cycle with Trevor Plouffe. Seriously though, isn't there a trophy for doing something like that with Mike Trout?

More so disappointed there was no General Cycle trophy. It was hard enough hitting that poo poo with Plouffe alone. Missed it many times before.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Uggghhhhhhh I'm so bad at pitching! On any difficulty level above Rookie the batters hardly ever swing at anything even marginally outside the strike zone, and anything in the zone gets absolutely crushed.

paint dry fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 18, 2014

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

paint dry posted:

Uggghhhhhhh I'm so bad at pitching! On any difficulty level above Rookie the batters hardly ever swing at anything even marginally outside the strike zone, and anything in the zone gets absolutely crushed.

Try to work off the fastball as much as you can, usually when I'm getting hit hard it's because I start throwing too much junk.

When you have 2 strikes try to drastically change the location or pitch selection to screw with their timing and when in doubt pound the bottom of the zone.

e: Also, if you're throwing breaking balls with 2 strikes, you typically want them a fair amount off the plate whereas it's ok to throw fastballs in the zone or slightly out in that situation.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 19, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Any tips for not getting picked off at first? I think I'm about 1 for 10 at tagging up.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

leidend posted:

Any tips for not getting picked off at first? I think I'm about 1 for 10 at tagging up.

Just hold back/left on the left stick at all times on the bases before pitches. That way you won't get surprised. Also, if you're stealing isn't too high don't take more than a one step lead.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MagicCube posted:

Just hold back/left on the left stick at all times on the bases before pitches. That way you won't get surprised. Also, if you're stealing isn't too high don't take more than a one step lead.

Wow I did not even think to hold it down before the pitcher moves. That's kinda lame, but whatever works.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the logic in this game never fails to baffle me, I'm sure any major league manager would rest the league leader in HR and RBI in game 4 of the ALDS

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Try to work off the fastball as much as you can, usually when I'm getting hit hard it's because I start throwing too much junk.

When you have 2 strikes try to drastically change the location or pitch selection to screw with their timing and when in doubt pound the bottom of the zone.

e: Also, if you're throwing breaking balls with 2 strikes, you typically want them a fair amount off the plate whereas it's ok to throw fastballs in the zone or slightly out in that situation.

Yeah, for some reason the issue resolved itself after the Amateur Draft was over. I'm doing much better now, in fact the Dynamic difficulty setting has me on Hall of Fame now.

Edit: I fully expect to start losing as soon as I get called up.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

paint dry posted:

Yeah, for some reason the issue resolved itself after the Amateur Draft was over. I'm doing much better now, in fact the Dynamic difficulty setting has me on Hall of Fame now.

Edit: I fully expect to start losing as soon as I get called up.

The guys in the showcase are way better than AA.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Seriously...I hit .356 with 56 HR and 141 RBI and won AL MVP, and no team offers me a contract the next year?? Why is the loving logic in this game so bad?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

the logic in this game never fails to baffle me, I'm sure any major league manager would rest the league leader in HR and RBI in game 4 of the ALDS
The opposite is when your team has no back up. I played every game at 3rd base my rookie year until they called someone up in September.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

sba posted:

Seriously...I hit .356 with 56 HR and 141 RBI and won AL MVP, and no team offers me a contract the next year?? Why is the loving logic in this game so bad?

You're too good, man!

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

sba posted:

Barry Bonds MLB Simulator 2014

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I am beyond frustrated. I hope someone can tell me what the gently caress to do here. I just lost a game 21-5 as a pitcher because dudes would keep hitting balls straight up the middle and my pitcher would just stand there in a cutscene watching it go by. Sure I could probably have pitched better but this seems to be a recurring problem where probably 60% of the hits against my dude are because they go right up the middle through my legs. How in the gently caress am I supposed to fix this?

edit: This was easily my worst pitching day ever as I was 14-1 before this so I mean, I think I know how pitching works but this fielding poo poo is driving me insane.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Carlton Banks posted:

Barry Bonds MLB Simulator 2014

Hahahahhhaha

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The PS4 version is on sale at Target starting tomorrow, for $47.99

I'm finally going to submit and grab it. I had a lot of fun with the vita version last year.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My first year I hit .366 in AA and shortly get called up to AAA and hit .340 the rest of the year. Apparently that wasn't good enough because in year 2 I have to play in AA again. Oh well, I guess I'll just mash the ball and collect easy points until my inevitable call up.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Man the AI really picks my dudes off at first a lot. I'm not talking in road to the show either, just regular play. Pitchers are about 50% with pickoff attempts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

gleep gloop posted:

Man the AI really picks my dudes off at first a lot. I'm not talking in road to the show either, just regular play. Pitchers are about 50% with pickoff attempts.

Don't take a lead, just hold R1 to lean. I've got like a 90% steal rate on a 70 speed guy with just leaning.

• Locked thread