Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

holy gently caress thats real lmao

yea it's the thing about Google io people are talking most about which is hilarious

(there actually was one thing announced at Google io that was legit good but it's being overshadowed by androids awful new look and loving watches)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

soon youll be making everything out of cardboard. houses, dining room sets, even your spouse will be cardboard.. thanks to google

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Also, from the new UI design guidelines.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

poo poo is a material

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

cthulhoo posted:

poo poo is a material

but its it open to imaginatino and magic?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Damiya posted:

but its it open to imaginatino and magic?

yes its called goatse

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Damiya posted:

:350:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Damiya posted:

Scott Forestall? is that you?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i guess there is this now too, android in your car

now someone photoshop a ford_engine.apk crash screen along with blood splatters

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im the battery indicator in a car that is presumably always charged??

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

if it ain't draining car battery in a day it ain't android

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

Scott Forestall? is that you?
dont kid urself, even forstall wouldn't think up bullshit like this. his and stebes only crime was that they wanted their apps to look nice and remind you of classy things.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they might have failed horribly with brown leather stuff, but the intentions werent obscured by incomprehensible marketing speak

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i actually didnt mind the forstall stuff but it was time for a new design cause it was getting stale

they didnt need to fire the dude

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i like the -20% washer fluid, that's impressive.

also android autist

Apr 7, 2003

"Ok Google, activate left turn signal."

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

the doors don't open because of a wakelock

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

i like the -20% washer fluid, that's impressive.

also android autist

you've found the only one who doesn't use metric

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
The application Car (car.android.vroom) has crashed. Please try again.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i also like that vehicle check is either a palette swapped calendar icon or a very odd representation of a battery

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

every venn diagram is two circles

non-overlapping jeez

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
touchsceens in cars are the absolute loving worst

Apr 7, 2003

Careful Drums posted:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

i actually didnt mind the forstall stuff but it was time for a new design cause it was getting stale

they didnt need to fire the dude

yea, correct me if im wrong but hes basically the father of ios (gods own OS) and maps wasnt that bad and its still ok.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

i'm actually excited about ios in the car and android auto. car radios always have the worst interfaces and i just want google maps. also they said the whole android car interface could be controlled with knobs, so that's neat because

Careful Drums posted:

Also

Vintersorg posted:

im the battery indicator in a car that is presumably always charged??

that's the battery and signal for the phone that's connected. cars have shown this for a while now, time to upgrade???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

i'm actually excited about ios in the car and android auto. car radios always have the worst interfaces and i just want google maps. also they said the whole android car interface could be controlled with knobs, so that's neat because

of course it can be controlled by knobs (lol), they just pulled the old android prototype HID out again

no touchscreen there

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

andorid car: if ur a knob you can control it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sorry you need tires for an android nexus car 2 st-llj6 v3.22, we don't carry those

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

those are triangular if you want round you need to root and custom firmware it

either that or wait 6 months for a probable update

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

preemptive lol at the first fuckwit to brick his car stereo by flashing a xXx_weedGoku_420 nightly

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

well that pretty much guarantees that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will crack down on apps for use while driving.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

theadder posted:

how can this be cut off like this

welcome to anroid, friend

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

i guess there is this now too, android in your car

now someone photoshop a ford_engine.apk crash screen along with blood splatters

okay the only reason i would get this is so i could hook up my bluetooth obd2 dongle and get super sperglord engine info in my headunit

that's the only thing i like about anroid actually, i just run an app called Torque and bam i have a readout of how much boost my supercharger is pushing at a given moment, how much fuel is going through the injectors, throttle position, etc etc

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

cthulhoo posted:

an absolute majority of device-specific bugs i ever received mentioned stuff like "well *of course* i'm running cyanogen fork xxx aroma black edition on my shitphone"

i made a simple music visualizer voiceprint thing that just works against whatever audio is playing at the time

sarnsung galaxy s 3 and some lg that a user bitched about in a review both just produce 0-value output at all times

tho i ended up also adding a thing where it automatically visualizes ur mic audio if no playing audio is detected

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lol

my policy is either i replicate this on avd or your report can get hosed

works real well for me

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

it looks like the android car thing is supposed to be a thin frontend to whatever's on ur phone, so i assume itd continue working as long as the protocol or whatever remains compatible, p cool imo

i hope some manufacturer makes a swappable unit cuz somehow my 2013 motor vehicle's radio is swappable, thx toyota/subaru

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

okay the only reason i would get this is so i could hook up my bluetooth obd2 dongle and get super sperglord engine info in my headunit

that's the only thing i like about anroid actually, i just run an app called Torque and bam i have a readout of how much boost my supercharger is pushing at a given moment, how much fuel is going through the injectors, throttle position, etc etc

do you also have one of those desktop themes with a billion process/cpu/mem/temp/fanspeed and altitude widgets?

you do, don't you?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines posted:

do you also have one of those desktop themes with a billion process/cpu/mem/temp/fanspeed and altitude widgets?

you do, don't you?

nope, idgaf about my computer doing its thing because its a mac :smug:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

literally the only thing i'm spergy about is my car because its fun to potentially destroy a $8000 thing from overboosting or having too high of temps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i confess to be spergy about knowing what my car is doing because i grew up on a farm driving beat up trucks and tractors with indicators for stuff like oil temp/pressure (hydraulic and engine) that you absolutely couldn't ignore and poo poo like this as the gauges:

the fact that oil pressure and even engine temperature gauges are 100% faked now because people would go to the dealer and complain about the gauges not staying dead center in the "normal" range is absurd. shockingly an engine runs warmer when you are stuck in a traffic jam in a 110 degree day while running your a/c on max than it does while cruising at 55.

• Locked thread