Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh hey, the forums came back just in time for me to let people know that the Shovel Knight KS backer codes have gone out, so if you claimed a NA-region code for Wii U / 3DS (or a Steam code) you can redeem it right now. Miiverse isn't live yet, it'll be up when the game goes on sale to the general public (around 12 hours from now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quick question for those of you with European 3DSes and Virtual Console games on it: would you mind checking the digital software manual real quick, changing its language to French, and letting me know if the actual virtual console game manual (like the parts explaining gae-specific mechanics and rules) in French is there or if it's just the generic barebones instructions that apply to everything?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Ubisoft is doing an eShop sale until July 6: http://blog.ubi.com/nintendo-eshop-summer-sale/

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – $20.00
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist – $22.49
Rayman Legends – $20.00
Assassin’s Creed III – $14.99
ZombiU – $22.49(US)/$14.99(CA)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – $12.50
Rabbids Land – $12.50
ESPN Sports Connection – $12.50
Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth – $15.00
The Smurfs 2 – $20.00
Cloudberry Kingdom – $5.00

3DS

Rayman Origins – $7.50
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars – $7.50
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3D – $7.50
Petz Fantasy 3D – $7.50
Rabbids Travel in Time 3D – $7.50
Rayman 3D – $7.50

univbee posted:

Quick question for those of you with European 3DSes and Virtual Console games on it: would you mind checking the digital software manual real quick, changing its language to French, and letting me know if the actual virtual console game manual (like the parts explaining gae-specific mechanics and rules) in French is there or if it's just the generic barebones instructions that apply to everything?

Only checked one game (Shantae) but they seem to have translated the entire manual.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Only checked one game (Shantae) but they seem to have translated the entire manual.

Edit huh, good to know, thanks! The new stuff is fine but they seem to have not bothered for vc titles in NA for French (but do for Spanish), I'm trying to look up a French thing but ultimately just need to know if they do it at all or not (for any vc game, and if so which).

univbee fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 26, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

That's not virtual console, is it?

Shantae GBC is on the VC for the 3DS.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is Rabbids Land worth owning? My wife loves the things, so if I can get the game cheap, I'll hop on that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Everyone should buy Rayman Legends and ZombiU at those prices. Amazing games.

Is Cloudberry Kingdom worth my $5?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Not really, there are much better 2D platformers on WiiU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Everyone should buy Rayman Legends and ZombiU at those prices. Amazing games.

Is Cloudberry Kingdom worth my $5?

zombie u is 10 at best buy

is rayman 3d the n64 one?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

.TakaM posted:

Not really, there are much better 2D platformers on WiiU

the only better 2d platformer on wii u is donkey kong tropical freeze. rayman is number 2.

edit: oh unless you were talking about cloudberry or whatever

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The best one comes out tomorrow. Shovel Knight!!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, Ubisoft is doing an eShop sale until July 6: http://blog.ubi.com/nintendo-eshop-summer-sale/

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – $20.00
Rayman Legends – $20.00
ZombiU – $22.49(US)/$14.99(CA)

3DS
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars – $7.50

No excuse to not own these games now

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The devs behind the Korg apps for DS/3DS released another one in Japan yesterday with no warning: "KORG DSN-12", an old-school analogue synth that also includes a stereoscopic 3D oscillator because why the hell not? The basic specs:

quote:

KORG DSN-12 Main Specifications
Product Name:KORG DSN-12
Product Summary:The analogue synthesizer software for Nintendo 3DS Downloads (only available on Nintendo eShop)
- Contains 12 virtual analog monophonic synthesizers
- Up to 64 sequence steps
- Freely place sequences in up to 64 patterns
- Pattern Program mode lets you chain patterns in up to 99 scenes; muting can also be programmed for each track
- Three effects are provided; choose from delay, chorus, flanger, compressor, kick, and reverb
- Local communication allows users to exchange song data and sound data
- The world's first* 3D display oscilloscope screen; Wave and Lissajous modes are provided (* For Nintendo 3D software as of September 2014)

The website says it'll be out in NA/PAL-land this September. There are a few demo sites on there, too: http://www.detune.co.jp/korg_dsn12.html

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 26):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €54.99 / Ł43.99
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - €29.90 / Ł24.90
WII U eSHOP
    Block Drop U - €1.49 / Ł1.29
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Wii Sports Club
  • Baseball + Boxing - Double-Sport Pass - €9.99 / Ł8.99
  • Free 48-hour trial! - automatically begins "the first time Wii Sports Club is played after the release of Boxing and Baseball"
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Power Tennis (GBA) - €6.99 / Ł6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / Ł5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €14.49 / Ł12.19 until June 29
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / Ł14.99 until June 29
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / Ł2.50 until July 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €34.99 / Ł28.49 (June 27)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival - €39.95 / Ł34.99
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - €19.99 / Ł17.99
3DS eSHOP
    Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! (demo)
    Cocoro - Line Defender - €3.99 / Ł3.59
    Toy Stunt Bike - €4.99 / Ł4.49, includes demo
    Van Helsing Sniper AX100 - €6.66/Ł6.66
DSiWARE
    Anne's Doll Studio: Antique Collection - €4.99 / Ł4.49 / 500 Points
    Anne's Doll Studio: Lolita Collection - €4.99 / Ł4.49 / 500 Points
    Anne's Doll Studio: Princess Collection - €4.99 / Ł4.49 / 500 Points
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS)- combo pack €9.99 / Ł8.99, individual games €3.99 / Ł3.59 until July 13
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.99 / Ł8.29 until June 29
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €14.99 / Ł12.19 until June 29
    PROJECT X ZONE (3DS) - €17.49 / Ł13.39 until June 29
    Regular Show: Mordecai 7 Rigbi in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - €14.49 / Ł12.19 until June 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / Ł2.69 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / Ł2.69 until July 3
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop - €2.99 / Ł2.69 until July 3
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / Ł1.79 until July 3
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / Ł3.59 until July 3
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / Ł1.49 until July 17
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / Ł5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - 89.99 until July 17

NA update (week of June 26):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Shovel Knight - $14.99
    Monkey Pirates - $4.99
    BrickBlast U! - $3.99
    My Arctic Farm - $7.99
    My Jurassic Farm - $7.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Wii Sports Club
  • Baseball + Boxing - Double-Sport Pass[/u] - $9.99
  • Free 48-hour trial! - automatically begins "the first time Wii Sports Club is played after the release of Boxing and Baseball"
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - $5.99 until July 3
    Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U) - $14.99 until July 7
    Assassin's Creed 4 (Wii U) - $20.00 until July 7
    Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop) - $5.00 until July 7
    ESPN Sports Connection (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Wii U) - $15.00 until July 7
    ESPN Sports Connection (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Rabbids Land (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Rayman Legends (Wii U) - $20.00 until July 7
    The Smurfs 2 (Wii U) - $20.00 until July 7
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U) - $22.49 until July 7
    ZombiU (Wii U) - $22.50 (USD) / $14.99 (CAD) until July 7
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Darksiders 2 (Wii U) - "50% off" until July 8

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Farming Simulator 14 - $? (June 24)
3DS eSHOP
    Shovel Knight - $14.99
    Cocoro Line Defender - $4.99
    Toy Stunt Bike - $4.99, includes demo
    Skypeace - $0.99
    Plain Video Poker - $1.99
    Hidden Expeditions: Titanic - $7.99
    Quell Reflect (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES) - $4.99
DSiWARE
    Anne's Doll Studio: Antique Collection - $4.99 / 500 Points
    Anne's Doll Studio: Lolita Collection - $4.99 / 500 Points
    Anne's Doll Studio: Princess Collection - $4.99 / 500 Points
    ANONYMOUS NOTES CHAPTER 4: FROM THE ABYSS - $4.99 / 500 Points
    Mysterious Stars: The Samurai - $4.99 / 500 Points
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until July 3
    Parking Star 3D (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until July 3
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 3
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until July 3
    Code of Princess (3DS) - "on sale" until July 7
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overclocked (3DS) - "on sale" until July 7
    Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Rayman 3D (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Rayman Origins (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Rabbids Travel In Time (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Splinter Cell 3D (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Petz Fantasy 3D (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Soccer Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 16
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS) - $9.99 until July 16
    Disney's Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until July 31

CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Electroplankton Rec-Rec (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Dream Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Mario Party 2 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until July 7

(no idea what the sale price is on the Atlus stuff, I'm guessing $15, but surely anyone who's ever gonna buy them has already bought them by now)

For those wondering about the differences between the Wii U/3DS versions of Shovel Knight: the Wii U version has Dark Souls-style Miiverse integration on every screen via the "Diggers' Diary" displayed on the gamepad, and it'll be getting a local multiplayer mode at some point in the future, whereas the 3DS version has a "StreetPass Arena" and stereoscopic 3D, obviously. (No PAL-land release date just yet, they still haven't submitted to NOE. Buy the PC version if you're impatient.)

Wii Sports Club Baseball/Boxing come as a double pack, you can't buy 'em individually (why would you want to?), and there's also another free 48-hour trial for anyone who wants to try 'em out without spending any money. The entire collection is also getting a retail release next month for more or less the same price as buying all the games digitally, in case anyone cares.

PAL-land 3DS dudes, note the StreetPass Plaza sale - you can get all four extra games for 10EUR for a limited time.

Castlevania 3 needs no introduction, Mario Power Tennis has RPG elements, just like the GBC game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nice to get Castlevania III, but shame Konami can't put the Famicom version up with a actually useful Grant and better soundtrack. Oh well still a great game.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Rirse posted:

Nice to get Castlevania III, but shame Konami can't put the Famicom version up with a actually useful Grant and better soundtrack. Oh well still a great game.

A real pity, I'd drop the five without thinking if it was the Japanese version. It's still a really good game though!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was gonna get Mario Power Tennis but there's a banner on the eShop announcing Guacamelee for next week so I'm saving the credit I have left from Pullblox for that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
For those of you that registered your free game with Mario Kart 8, don't forget it should give you enough coins with the digital promotion for a $5 eShop card.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress you Europe, I want Advance Tour so bad and all NA gets is goddamn Castlevania

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

gently caress you Europe, I want Advance Tour so bad and all NA gets is goddamn Castlevania

I don't think there's even an EU date for Shovel Knight so it evens out

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Just played through the first stage of Shovel Knight. Buy this loving game, oh my god.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think there's even an EU date for Shovel Knight so it evens out

I thought we were even after the successful trade of SMT4 for PLvPW.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You still owe us a Rune Factory 4, at the very least.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Shovel Knight is downloading now. Oh my god am I excited.

I love Castlevania, it's one of my favourite series and 3 is a great one. but I simply can't be super excited for it when Shovel Knight is here!

Also going to grab Rayman Legends. I've been holding out, and this is a great price to finally grab it and play some co-op with my roommate.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What's gotten everyone so excited about Shovel Knight? I just looked it up and it's another 8-bit inspired indie platformer - is there something special about it?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

What's gotten everyone so excited about Shovel Knight? I just looked it up and it's another 8-bit inspired indie platformer - is there something special about it?

Nope, its just another game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

[...] and all NA gets is goddamn Castlevania

I'm confused, you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's a video game and not a lovely art project disguised as a faux-NES game.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's good.

It's not just a throw-some-low-effort-sprites-in-and-call-it-a-day games. It's well designed, fun, and has great music. Lots of people will probably call it "a love letter to NES games" or some poo poo, but it's more than that. I think it's more like "the kind of game that will get love letters sent to it."

Look up a video of the first level, I guess. If it doesn't look like your thing, then I'm sorry you're gonna miss out on all the fun it's been bringing me since last night.

Edit: wow that reads like a lovely ad. Whatever, I'm loving this game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It isn't an 8-bit "inspired" platformer so much as it really feels and plays like an actual well-made 8-bit platformer. It's one of the more successful attempts at capturing the Mega Man-style feel I've ever encountered.

If you like Mega Man style games at all, you'll enjoy it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It honestly isn't really a Mega Man game in any way other than level design is somewhat similar. You don't get power-ups from defeating bosses, and the order isn't completely non-linear. But it is a very good game, with excellent music.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

It honestly isn't really a Mega Man game in any way other than level design is somewhat similar. You don't get power-ups from defeating bosses, and the order isn't completely non-linear. But it is a very good game, with excellent music.

The level design is extremely similar and the Relics take the place of the weapon upgrades in terms of general usage. (Aside from Amulet Coin which just kinda sucks.) It doesn't have direct boss weaknesses but that is because every boss is hilariously weak to charge slash

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i'd like to hear opinions from people who bought shovel knight for 3ds if at all possible. thinking about going that route over the wii u version

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I played through the Steam ver when it was in beta, and the 3DS ver seems to be exactly the same. I don't really think there is any reason you wouldn't want to get it on a portable system over Steam or Wii U, it seems more suited for such. The only drawback is the 3DS speakers aren't too powerful, so you won't be blasting the music as well.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

For those of you that registered your free game with Mario Kart 8, don't forget it should give you enough coins with the digital promotion for a $5 eShop card.

Wait, since when are club Nintendo points redeemable for eshop credits? I have tons of coins expiring soon and there's nothing but trash on club Nintendo. Would love to convert them to eshop credit unless I read your post wrong?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

A Bootleg GBA Cart posted:

Wait, since when are club Nintendo points redeemable for eshop credits? I have tons of coins expiring soon and there's nothing but trash on club Nintendo. Would love to convert them to eshop credit unless I read your post wrong?

He's talking about this.
https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh...he said coins which threw me off.

:saddowns:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Dang, that €2 Urban Trial Freestyle seems like a pretty great deal; apparently it's not bad although I'm certainly not expecting Trials series quality.

Going to grab that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

A Bootleg GBA Cart posted:

Oh...he said coins which threw me off.

:saddowns:

Oh whoops, yeah, the thing that doesn't give you coins. So used to saying coins..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Intie Creates just announced that their 3DS eShop game, Gunvolt, will be released in Japan in August, with an NA release scheduled soon after (twitter dude suggested it'd probably come in September sometime). Here's a few minutes of footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRo1gjDRWzQ