Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://twitter.com/jgjerset/status/476758228080939008

quote:

If you wanted a spot at the Hilton or Conv Ctr and didn't get it, let us know. We may be able to help. Email cci-info@aceparking.com #SDCC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Interesting. Emailed them just now to see if I can switch my Horton Plaza parking passes to CC or Hilton, which were listed as totally sold out once I was finally able to get in and buy anything.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Wow. Big ups to ACE.

They sent me a reply saying they had authorized my account to buy Hilton or CC parking once I processed refunds for my existing Horton Plaza parking. Did that in one button press per day, then bought convention center parking for the whole week.

Amazingly painless.

Thanks for posting that tweet, Dr. Tran.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Satorr posted:

Wow. Big ups to ACE.

They sent me a reply saying they had authorized my account to buy Hilton or CC parking once I processed refunds for my existing Horton Plaza parking. Did that in one button press per day, then bought convention center parking for the whole week.

Amazingly painless.

Thanks for posting that tweet, Dr. Tran.

From everything I've seen, ACE at least knows they hosed up royally and is doing everything they can to fix this.

A close friend of mine was trying to get CC parking and it timed out but put through auth'd at least one charge on her card. She contacted them and they said they were having a private sale (this was a week after the initial clusterfuck) the next week for people in her position. They told her that there were spaces for everyone involved and sure enough, it was a smooth sale and she was able to get spaces. Frustrated as people are, ACE is really working to make everyone as happy as possible (within obvious reason).

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Tran posted:

Garfunkel and Oates
Friday 7/25
House of Blues
$40
7PM
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/0A004CBDDB087490?dma_id=381
Presale is tomorrow at 10am. Code is LOYALFAN

Man, that's really expensive for a G&O concert. I think I paid less for my @Midnight ticket.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I may have to buy this Venture shot glass set
http://www.venturebrosblog.com/2014/06/convention-exclusive-venture-bros-character-shot-glasses/

and maybe Fluxx
http://initiativetabletop.com/2014/06/10/looney-labs-and-cartoon-network-parter-to-release-new-regular-show-and-cartoon-network-fluxx/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Looks like Fluxx at least just debuts at SDCC but still available later this summer if you miss it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.42702662809

Matty Collector presale is Tuesday at 9am PT.

Anything you might want will probably be sold out due to the turbonerd presale on Monday.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!

Dr Tran posted:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.42702662809

Matty Collector presale is Tuesday at 9am PT.

Anything you might want will probably be sold out due to the turbonerd presale on Monday.

Any turbonerds here? There's one thing I really want to get and it's probably not what you want.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Drake Lake posted:

Any turbonerds here? There's one thing I really want to get and it's probably not what you want.

I also would be interested in turbnonerds. Although the thing I want may be something you want too, but I believe you can double up on most of these.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!

RevKrule posted:

I also would be interested in turbnonerds. Although the thing I want may be something you want too, but I believe you can double up on most of these.

Haha, nah, I just wanted to make sure I got a Cerise Hood for my niece. Also to blow 85 bucks on a batmobile.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RevKrule posted:

Last year I saw people walking out of the Matty room with 10 of the same item. They really ought to put a limit on their sales.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Hehehe, Goat Man™ Figure

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alan Smithee posted:

Hehehe, Goat Man™ Figure

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that laughed at this.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
No Doctor Who panel this year.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Dr Tran posted:

No Doctor Who panel this year.

Any reason or is it to make room for some fall rom-com some studio is pushing?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RevKrule posted:

Any reason or is it to make room for some fall rom-com some studio is pushing?

BBC isn't bringing Capaldi to the US until August.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Dr Tran posted:

BBC isn't bringing Capaldi to the US until August.

Interesting choice but it's their right.

The exclusives this year are still leaving me 'meh.'

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RevKrule posted:

Yeah. Nothing in my price range this year, and the fun stuff ended up looking kind of derpy (that Lana figure).

More money for beers and art, then. It'll be a nice change of pace.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

Yeah. Nothing in my price range this year, and the fun stuff ended up looking kind of derpy (that Lana figure).

More money for beers and art, then. It'll be a nice change of pace.

I'll say this, once I stopped "needing" exclusives, I started having more fun at SDCC. I no longer waste a day just trying to get into lines for a piece of plastic. It become really relaxing honestly.

This year, I'm gonna try and bring fewer books with me. I don't need to be the nerd who shows up with a huge stack of comics to be signed. Plus by bringing less, I won't have a bag that wears me down by the end of the day.

However, art buying is still going to be my ruination and I know it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RevKrule posted:

I'll say this, once I stopped "needing" exclusives, I started having more fun at SDCC. I no longer waste a day just trying to get into lines for a piece of plastic. It become really relaxing honestly.

This year, I'm gonna try and bring fewer books with me. I don't need to be the nerd who shows up with a huge stack of comics to be signed. Plus by bringing less, I won't have a bag that wears me down by the end of the day.

However, art buying is still going to be my ruination and I know it.

Kindle Supremacy :getin:

Apparently Anne Rice, Chuck Palahniuk, Daniel H Wilson, Charles Wu, and Michael Cho are doing book signings for Random House this year. Incoming cougar goths!

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Once you learn to not give a gently caress about con exclusives, the whole event gets a lot more enjoyable.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Can any locals comment on The Headquarters?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

Can any locals comment on The Headquarters?

Sort of a slightly more upscale Seaport Village with name brand stores.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Exhibit Floor Map and Exhibitor List
http://comic-con.org/toucan/08sdcc-2014-sdcc-2014-exhibit-hall-map-and-exhibitor-lists-now-online

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Map floor and exhibit list always weirds me out when it comes out because that means con is way too close. I'm just not ready yet!!!!!

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I suddenly realized that there is most likely going to be a Rick and Morty panel at Comic-Con. I must attend it and I hope it is early in a day so I don't have to camp the room too long for it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Satorr posted:

I suddenly realized that there is most likely going to be a Rick and Morty panel at Comic-Con. I must attend it and I hope it is early in a day so I don't have to camp the room too long for it.

If I had to guess, they'll repeat the Adventure Time, Regular Show, big Adult Swim block on Friday at the Hilton.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Dr Tran posted:

If I had to guess, they'll repeat the Adventure Time, Regular Show, big Adult Swim block on Friday at the Hilton.

Can't waaaaait

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Satorr posted:

Yeah this is what I'm most looking forward to right now as well.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Well, everything we thought we knew is about to change. DC to Premiere TV Slate in Hall H

No way in hell I'm wasting a whole Saturday for that, despite how awesome it will be. I'm sure those of you who brave it are in for a good time, if the leaked pilots are any judge so far.

Now I'm really curious what is going to happen in Ballroom 20. I know the Masquerade is in the evening, but those shows are still a pretty massive block that would normally go there at some point during the Con instead of Hall H. Also wonder if that means WB is basically getting the evening to themselves once they release their Features schedule for this year.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 1, 2014

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

Well, everything we thought we knew is about to change. DC to Premiere TV Slate in Hall H

No way in hell I'm wasting a whole Saturday for that, despite how awesome it will be. I'm sure those of you who brave it are in for a good time, if the leaked pilots are any judge so far.

Now I'm really curious what is going to happen in Ballroom 20. I know the Masquerade is in the evening, but those shows are still a pretty massive block that would normally go there at some point during the Con instead of Hall H. Also wonder if that means WB is basically getting the evening to themselves once they release their Features schedule for this year.

Fox used to (still does?) run like a whole evening of pilots on Wednesday night in Hall H so this isn't new. The difference between what WB used to do is now they don't need to find panel room in smaller rooms to show these individually and get to compete with people who don't care about cosplay.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RevKrule posted:

Fox used to (still does?) run like a whole evening of pilots on Wednesday night in Hall H so this isn't new. The difference between what WB used to do is now they don't need to find panel room in smaller rooms to show these individually and get to compete with people who don't care about cosplay.

WB is the one that used to (and likely still will) show their pilots in Ballroom 20 on Preview Night. There's no reason to think that would change since it's always been counter-programming to people rushing for exclusives. Plus, we still don't know the times involved.

It's interesting in the sense that Hall H is typically a Feature Film room, barring HBO megahits like Game of Thrones or whatever. This is just the WB television slate, and there's no reason to doubt that Nikki Finke's scoop about their features was incorrect. So that means, what? 5-6 hours of total WB programming alone in Hall H once their films get involved? I mean, it's great from WB's perspective, but as an attendee, it shakes things up quite a bit after several years of expectations regarding what goes where and when.

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks, but that makes things really interesting as far as what this means for other shows/presenters, especially if Disney is supposedly going to have a presence beyond just Marvel properties (Big Hero 6 is getting a booth alone). Sounds like Saturday is basically shaping up to be just a few really huge presentations instead of several studios getting smaller portions.

Unless, of course, WB moves their film panels to Friday, which would make things really crazy.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 1, 2014

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Just makes me think that Friday will be their feature film day in Hall H. I don't see SDCC giving them THAT much time for WB programing in Saturday's day.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Now it begins. I'm not going this year, and it's going to be super hard not to click on any of the links and find out what I'm missing.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
Sunday is open this year too. No Dr. Who or Community. This year they might mix things up.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Honestly, moving their movies to Fridays would own. It'd just be different. Maybe they figure SDCC is so big now, they don't need to rely on just one "bigger" day for the main releases.

Going to the big movie panels is fun, but I've never experience Saturday just walking around the con. If you do Hall H on Saturday, you are parked and committing an entire day with the way schedules have been for the past few years. It'd be nice to switch that up by moving the big panels to some of the "lesser" days so you get a nice spread of experiences.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

WB is the one that used to (and likely still will) show their pilots in Ballroom 20 on Preview Night. There's no reason to think that would change since it's always been counter-programming to people rushing for exclusives. Plus, we still don't know the times involved.

It's interesting in the sense that Hall H is typically a Feature Film room, barring HBO megahits like Game of Thrones or whatever. This is just the WB television slate, and there's no reason to doubt that Nikki Finke's scoop about their features was incorrect. So that means, what? 5-6 hours of total WB programming alone in Hall H once their films get involved? I mean, it's great from WB's perspective, but as an attendee, it shakes things up quite a bit after several years of expectations regarding what goes where and when.

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks, but that makes things really interesting as far as what this means for other shows/presenters, especially if Disney is supposedly going to have a presence beyond just Marvel properties (Big Hero 6 is getting a booth alone). Sounds like Saturday is basically shaping up to be just a few really huge presentations instead of several studios getting smaller portions.

Unless, of course, WB moves their film panels to Friday, which would make things really crazy.

It sounds like the pilots are being shown after hours (as in against Masquerade) which still leaves the day open for full studio presentations. I have a feeling WB is playing a pissing match with Disney over Hall H rights though but I have a feeling the Marvel panel is still Saturday as are Sony and Fox upfronts.

Edit: You know what the best part of walking the floor on Saturday is? Getting the gently caress off the floor. It's AWFUL. It's got the most people and to top that off it gets an influx every time Ballroom 20 or Hall H fill up for whatever panel is coming up because people who wanted to see those can't get in. The choke points around Hasbro and Fox are a nightmare to even walk near.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 1, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Slothass posted:

Sunday is open this year too. No Dr. Who or Community. This year they might mix things up.

Community is back, so there still could be a panel I wont be able to get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Calling it, Star Wars panel to ruin everything

• Locked thread