Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SSNeoman posted:

Miyuki is awful and I wish she was removed from the story.

If she had more depth she'd be a better character. Her and Tatsuya are so flat there's never any progression and the audience doesn't really know much about her. The author doesn't, or hasn't yet by what the anime's covered, given her any hobbies or personality traits outside of being obsessed with her brother. She's completely one dimensional.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny to think of Satou writing that whole "The Conquerer has come" segment and thinking about how totally awesome and badass it is. It's like if someone heard that whole "I am become death" quote about the atom bomb and assumed that it was meant to sound badass.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

WickedHate posted:

If she had more depth she'd be a better character. Her and Tatsuya are so flat there's never any progression and the audience doesn't really know much about her. The author doesn't, or hasn't yet by what the anime's covered, given her any hobbies or personality traits outside of being obsessed with her brother. She's completely one dimensional.

Spoilers this doesn't change. Only Leo becomes better imo.

E: True story I was gonna post a thing where Miyuki tries to kiss tatsuya while he's asleep except he wakes up but doesn't do anything about it because the author's basically writing him to be really loving oblivious.

E2: Actually I will post it because it's really loving obnoxious. It's at the end of book 6.

quote:

Having returned to the living room, Tatsuya collapsed onto the couch. Truthfully, it was very rare for him to show fatigue such as this. In terms of pure stamina, simply keeping vigil all night for a week straight would normally not wear him out to this extent. However not only did he have to work on a thesis dealing with one of the "Three Great Puzzles for Gravity Magic", a Sustained Gravity Control-Type Magic Sequence Thermonuclear Fusion Reactor, he also had to use his unique ability in analyzing structures to investigate a relic which modern technology could not hope to replicate, on top of looking out for spies. He was mentally exhausted as well.
Emptying his head for the moment, Tatsuya closed his eyes as he leaned back into the one seat sofa, curving his neck and resting his head on the backrest. There was no particular meaning to this position, simply his mood.
Sitting next to her brother as always, Miyuki was not irritated at all that Tatsuya had suddenly retreated into his own world. Leaving himself defenseless to this extent was something he reserved for her presence alone. Miyuki was overjoyed that Tatsuya would leave himself in her care so.
Miyuki did not wish for her brother to concern himself with her all the time. Just being able to be by his side, even if only for a while, was enough happiness for her. These words by no means meant that Miyuki was a doormat, but rather convey praise. It can safely be said that there is no one who would say such things about her.
Rather than being frustrated, Miyuki was much more worried about her brother. However much he insisted otherwise, not even Miyuki could recall the last time Tatsuya so honestly let his weariness show.
Taking care not to make a sound, Miyuki rose from her seat. Standing before him, she softly leaned closer to his face with their eyes closed. Ensuring that her long hair wouldn't brush against him, she pressed down on it with her left hand. Ensuring that she wouldn't end up accidentally touching him, her right hand pressed onto the sofa supporting her weight. When the hem of her pleat skirt almost fell onto his legs, Miyuki's heart thundered in her chest, but Tatsuya didn't stir. Daringly wearing such a short skirt seems to have unexpectedly paid off, she thought.
Seeing from up close, her brother’s complexion wasn’t as bad as she had feared. In her relief, she continued observing his face for signs of anything awry. Watching him at this distance, Miyuki’s consciousness gradually clouded. As her mind went blank she began to forget what she was thinking and doing, as her face slowly crept closer to his.
Her heart pounding, blood rushing to her head, she couldn’t think of anything at all. Miyuki obliviously stared at her brother’s face. Breathless, she didn’t even notice that she was holding her breath. Immediately becoming aware of that situation, Tatsuya snapped open his eyes.

Tatsuya and Miyuki’s eyes met.
Time stopped. Not just Tatsuya, Miyuki also stood absolutely frozen as if paralyzed.
Both Tatsuya and Miyuki simply stared at each other, their respective expressions full of surprise.
Suddenly, no longer able to sustain her unnatural position, Miyuki fell forward.
Her face closing in on his, Miyuki’s lips rapidly approached Tatsuya’s own.
Regardless of intention, just before the two of them crossed a line which absolutely should not be crossed.
—Tatsuya’s body came back online.
"Watch out!"
Faster than his voice traveled, his hands whipped out and supported his sister’s shoulders.
"Kya!"
Unable to forcibly keep herself up, or perhaps just out of energy, Miyuki’s feet staggered and she sank to her knees onto the couch. Or rather, she sank into Tatsuya’s lap who was sitting on the couch.
The two froze again.
Once again close enough to kiss, Miyuki and Tatsuya stared at each other.
Tatsuya’s hands were wrapped firmly around Miyuki’s shoulders,
and Miyuki was straddling Tatsuya on her knees.
This time, the ice melted quicker.
Taking care their near mistake didn’t become reality, Tatsuya brought his head back to its original position.
Tatsuya’s eyes dropped from her face to her chest, then further down.
Following her brother’s gaze, Miyuki gingerly looked down at her own body. She did so 'gingerly' because she was already well aware of her own state without even seeing.
Sure enough, not only was she kneeling on her brother, her legs were spread beyond the original allowance of her short pleat skirt such that her underwear was almost visible.
"I am so sorry!!"
With amazing speed Miyuki leapt off Tatsuya, then faster than the wind (yet still dignified enough as to ensure that when her feet hit the ground nothing indecent was exposed) she flew out of the living room straight upstairs.

Diving into her own room, she slammed it shut, locked it, then finally fell back against the door panting. She couldn’t muster the energy to stand. Perhaps due to the refined upbringing instilled within her she subconsciously tried to align her knees and sit up straight, but after fleeing into her room she was utterly drained and simply collapsed down to the ground.
She flattened her skirt where she sat, straightened up a bit then just spaced out for a while. Her feverish head refused to think at all. As time passed, her emergency evacuated thought processes returned little by little.
Where she was.
What she was doing.
Why she was alone in her room right now—
Miyuki immediately buried her head in her hands. Her palms felt hot. Even without looking in a mirror, Miyuki knew that her face must have been burning red.
(I, just what was I doing to Onii-sama……!)
She couldn’t even begin to understand what she was thinking at the time. All she could think of was that she must have completely lost it.
(Onii-sama and I, almost ki, ki, ki……)

Her consciousness began to overheat again, and she was forced to freeze her thoughts.
Left alone, Miyuki would likely have remained like this until morning. An infinite loop of restarting and freezing.
However, there was no way Tatsuya would leave Miyuki alone,
"Miyuki?"
"Yes!"
And at the sound of Tatsuya’s voice calling her name from the other side of the door, Miyuki responded in a panic from the floor.
She steadied herself by pressing hands that had been held against her flushed hot face onto her thighs. Her eyes were so moist that tears threatened to spill out any moment. Her arms were straightened out with such force, as were her shoulders and back, that her entire body trembled slightly. It was almost as if she was scared.
"May I come in?"
"Just wait a moment!"
Even so, within Miyuki, any thought of resisting her brother simply did not exist. She rose rapidly, defying belief that her legs had been powerless until now, and firmly unlocked the door with hands that had been trembling just a while ago.
"Please, come on in."
Shifting sideways as she opened the door, Miyuki made a space for her brother to enter. However, Tatsuya didn’t set a foot inside.
He just watched……
Unable to meet her brother’s gaze Miyuki tried to casually look away, but she could still feel his eyes on her.
She began to heat up again.
It wasn’t a superficial heat from some childish sense of wrongdoing, but rather came from deep within her. That heat continued to rise, not her body temperature but rather perceived temperature—until finally she could bear it no longer, and turned her averted face to meet her brother’s eyes.
Miyuki looked up from a height difference of 15 cm. From that distance, the tears gathered in the corner of her eyes were plainly visible. In a hurry, Miyuki tried to raise her hands and dry herself. However, before she knew it both Tatsuya’s hands were already cradling her cheeks. Gently, he wiped the tears from her eyes.
"Well, um, how to put this."
As Miyuki stared at him wide-eyed and lost for words, Tatsuya spoke bluntly.
"I’m sorry, I made you worry about me. I’m fine, so Miyuki, don’t be so concerned anymore."
Saying so with a clumsy smile, he removed his hands from Miyuki’s face.
"I’ll clean up downstairs. You rest for today."
Ordering Miyuki in a somewhat embarrassed tone, Tatsuya turned away without waiting for a reply.
Waiting until her brother’s back faded from view down the stairs, Miyuki closed the door again.
Walking unsteadily to her bed, she slowly took her clothes off, then slid under the blankets in her underwear.
Having finally made it thus far, Miyuki began frantically rolling around on the bed.
Despite appearing to be in agony all over, her face, unlike before, seemed really happy.
"I'm sorry for making you worry about me, I'm gonna ignore the attempted kiss"

Naturally, there's a picture.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 18, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't imagine what the point of Miyuki's crush is if Tatsuya is just going to keep ignoring it and never address it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

WickedHate posted:

I can't imagine what the point of Miyuki's crush is if Tatsuya is just going to keep ignoring it and never address it.

I'm not some fancy book critic but I would imagine it's "to titillate creepy nerds"

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Pandering.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sure, I get why the incest element is there in the first place, but she might as well be in love with a stone wall. It's never going to go anywhere in either direction. They'll neither fall in love together or dispel Miyuki's crush and pair her up with someone else. All those books and there's been virtually no character progression. It's maddening.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I agree why can't the creepy incest subtext be more realistic

\/\/no

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 18, 2014

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is the "Tatsuya is actually gay" stuff also in the book? Still feel like laughing when I remember the end of that episode where he looks at Mikihiko and the romantic ending music starts up.

edit: It's seriously uncanny. I think he's done special stuff or had special/positive thoughts about every other male non-enemy character in the show so far.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 18, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Is the "Tatsuya is actually gay" stuff also in the book? Still feel like laughing when I remember the end of that episode where he looks at Mikihiko and the romantic ending music starts up.

edit: It's seriously uncanny. I think he's done special stuff or had special/positive thoughts about every other male non-enemy character in the show so far.

It is just a side effect of having Tatsuya being a man's man that everyone looks up to and respects. He doesn't have to do jack poo poo for women to fall madly in love with him, but the guys aren't quite so easily won over. So he either fights or does favors for every male non-enemy character. It goes all the way back to the first episode, where he just had to show up to earn Mayumi's interest but made a big show of being the bigger man when that one guy picked a fight. I'm guessing that Leo got an idiotic sword because Satou realized that Tatsuya hadn't done anything to earn Leo's previously demonstrated lifelong loyalty.

All of the homoeroticism certainly isn't intentional unless Satou is secretly a skilled writer who is only pretending to be a tedious nationalist hack. Though, I just checked and it seems that the giant naked man scene wasn't illustrated in the LN. So perhaps it is just the anime staff trying to make sense of this drivel?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tatsuya's magic eyes can see just how buff a man really is (no homo)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Sure, I get why the incest element is there in the first place, but she might as well be in love with a stone wall. It's never going to go anywhere in either direction. They'll neither fall in love together or dispel Miyuki's crush and pair her up with someone else. All those books and there's been virtually no character progression. It's maddening.

Yes, this is what is maddening about The Irregular At Magic High School.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So yeah things n book 7 are getting really dumb because it's just literally a full scale war.

Students who have killed chinese soldiers so far:
Miyuki,
Erika (really bloodthirsty it seems, now has a sword bigger than her)
Leo (Erika taught him how to kill)
That one guy from the magic swordfighting club
That one guy from third high
Not tatsuya (yet)

Mibu (the girl from the kendo club who got a boyfriend after she went back to the purity of swordfight practice for its own sake) is also there, but

quote:

"Mibu...... I think you should head to the rear."
Kirihara's words prompted Sayaka to turn a surprised look on him that practically screamed "Why are you saying this now?"
"Kirihara-kun, I am also a swordsman. I have the resolution to stand on the battlefield."
"Don't go any further!"
At this, Kirihara finally exploded. That was enough to cause Sayaka to just stand there with widened eyes.
"Do not speak of 'resolution' so frivolously!"
"......Kirihara-kun?"
"Kirihara-senpai...... Why are you so angry?"
Sayaka and Erika, who was watching this scene with some amazement, both asked at the same time. After venting, Kirihara relaxed somewhat.
"I...... don't want Mibu's sword to be stained by blood."
Even though she was astonished by these unexpected words, Sayaka couldn't help but form her own rebuttal.
"But...... swords are meant to be......"
"I understand that sort of thing."
—Kirihara cut short whatever she wanted to say.
"Swords are tools men use to make war on each other and, unlike spears and arrows, were the first weapon created to cut humans. So, it is not necessarily wrong to say that a swordsman's hands must be stained by blood."
Kirihara confirmed Sayaka's words. Following that, he called upon a higher "law" to reject it.
"However, kendo was never something that needed live weapons to determine the victor. Is it really a good thing to advance from an athletic activity to a skill for killing?"
Until Kirihara fully calmed down, regardless of whether it was Sayaka or Erika, both could only wordlessly listen to him as he continued.
"I...... In middle school, I always thought that Mibu's sword was wonderful. Her techniques were graceful and her form simply beautiful. There was nothing nefarious in it and it existed solely to train herself in the art of kenjutsu...... No, that is kendo. I am entirely unable to wield such a wondrous sword. At that time, ah, I wished — that her sword would forever hold that beauty and continue to shine forth with that brilliant luster. So...... Well, ach, seriously, how the heck am I supposed to say this!?"

"I understand, senpai."
Seeing Kirihara clutch at his head not knowing how to continue, Erika spoke up in a different tone than before.
"At your match during recruitment week, I saw Sayaka's sword advancing in the correct direction, but I guess Kirihara-senpai thought otherwise. The idea that the true sword is completely different than kendo — probably because I'm different from senpai in that I am more attuned to using a sword to kill people, because I don't think that way."
"Erika-chan......"
Erika's heavy tone caused Sayaka to grow a little concerned. On the other hand, Kirihara stood there in shock and was unable to muster anything in response.
"However, Kirihara-senpai, the ultimate decision rests with Saya."
"You have trained to use a swordfighting martial art, however you shouldn't kill people with it because I won't think it's beautiful otherwise"

Anyway they talk and he allows her to go provided she doesn't use her sword to kill people. Luckily she's trained to use magic knives.

As for Tatsuya, well...

quote:

Tatsuya deftly put on the special underclothes and immediately put on the black outfit — the Mobile suit.
After tying the broad belt, he snapped every button in place.
Setting the CAD in one of the leather holsters on the belt, he finally put on the mask-like helmet.
"Doesn't appear to be any problems."
"Indeed, all errors are within the acceptable boundaries."
Tatsuya's voice came through the speakers equipped in the trailer's interior. Detecting that the automatic transmission activated, Tatsuya manipulated the helmet and popped the mask.
"Bulletproof, heat resistant, shock resistant, and also resistant to biological and chemical weapons and a simple motion supplement system was added into the design as requested. Of course, the Flying Device was also attached to the belt. When coupled with the shock resistant function, you can completely nullify the recoil when firing, so you can also fire in the air."
"Perfect. Its performance far exceeds my design."
"No, I also enjoyed myself to my heart's content."
Sanada and Tatsuya shook hands.
"Man, this armour I designed is perfect":smuggo:

Anyway Tatsuya's not been murdering chinese soldiers because his mission is to find and kill the big boss magicians, so far he's just flown around taking out spy drones and healing wounded soldiers though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The treatment of Mibu and Kirihara is really misogynistic and creepy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WickedHate posted:

The treatment of Mibu and Kirihara is really misogynistic and creepy.

If there's one thing I want you to take from this thread, it's that it's not a coincidence that people thought this show was bad from the beginning and that people's claims about the show's nationalism ended up being correct; the writing was on the wall from very early on. So yeah, generally if virtually everyone but you is believing/saying one thing, it's at least worth considering that what they're saying may have some merit. Also, even though this show is pretty explicit with its right-wing misogynism and nationalism, it's possible for something to have these characteristics without being quite so direct with them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ytlaya posted:

If there's one thing I want you to take from this thread, it's that it's not a coincidence that people thought this show was bad from the beginning and that people's claims about the show's nationalism ended up being correct; the writing was on the wall from very early on. So yeah, generally if virtually everyone but you is believing/saying one thing, it's at least worth considering that what they're saying may have some merit.

I thought that specific situation was weird way back when Kirihara first started talking about Mibu's sword. :colbert:

This was the only place I'd seen it getting bashed all that much, also.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

WickedHate posted:

This was the only place I'd seen it getting bashed all that much, also.

I don't know what hugboxes you frequent but it's been panned everywhere, not just here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Creepy, misogynistic overtones aside, I do appreciate that they aren't pretending kendo is some advanced martial art. That poo poo comes up so often in anime.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
But katanas are the best swords ever, right up there with lightsabers! Obviously a derivative of the fighting style must be superior of everything else. :japan:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

jwang posted:

But katanas are the best swords ever, right up there with lightsabers! Obviously a derivative of the fighting style must be superior of everything else. :japan:

They have actual swordfighting, though. Heck, they have actual swordfighters! Kendo is a sport. You get good at swinging sticks, which is obviously dangerous, but you could say the same about baseball. Pretending that it is at all a martial art is one of my pet peeves.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

They have actual swordfighting, though. Heck, they have actual swordfighters! Kendo is a sport. You get good at swinging sticks, which is obviously dangerous, but you could say the same about baseball. Pretending that it is at all a martial art is one of my pet peeves.

Well, many martial arts aren't that useful in practice (like taekwondo or something).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Well, many martial arts aren't that useful in practice (like taekwondo or something).

But it isn't even a martial art at all, is my problem. It has the vague appearance of swordfighting without ever having been something you learn in order to fight. I mean, they have to declare where they are aiming at before they hit for a point to be valid. Even crappy martial arts were still in theory developed as ways to fight.

On a related subject, for a right-wing japanese wank-fest there isn't really much about the whole 'soul of a samurai' in this setting which is very unusual. Kendo is one of those aspects that jackasses tend to fixate on as proof that japan is still related to some fictionalized vision of samurai. Aside from the competitive aspects common to all sports, that's pretty much all kendo was ever good for.

Again, it just bugs me.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
loving fencing is more related to real swordfighting than kendo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
On watching the latest episode, I have to admit that I was mistaken about something. Satou is gay after all. Gay for transparent cubes.

SorcerousHam
Apr 8, 2011
I don't think the author believes in the "samurai spirit" stuff. I guess he's some sort of new age Japanese nationalist or something? There's some chapter where an American agent gets surprised that a Japanese person is shooting at them because there's a ton of them still obsessed with swords and then there's this gem:

quote:

However, Tatsuya did not know the reason why Naotsugu was lending Tatsuya his assistance in this fight.

"Shiba-kun"

Tatsuya had also not expected to be spoken to.

"My name is Chiba Naotsugu. I am the elder brother of your classmate, Chiba Erika."

That the man would personally identify himself was also unexpected.

"I will deal with this situation. Retreat behind me."

As expected, there was not an explanation, but this was not the occasion for that.

"Thank you."

If he was going to say leave it to me then Tatsuya wasn’t going to contradict him.

As he retreated at a rapid pace, Tatsuya discerned indications from Naotsugu’s back that he was going to make an under shoulder swing.

Naotsugu had probably expected him to make some kind of "I will fight, too!" statement.

Unfortunately, Tatsuya did not have that kind of egotistical personality. If a specialist said fall back, all he would do is meekly obey. —As long as it was to his advantage.

Our "hero" ladies and gentlemen.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That's a whole lotta words for
"Tatsuya your universe-destabilizing powers are needed elsewhere!"
"'kay"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Tatsuya just can't stop himself from shoving his stupid wooden face into everything. Oh no, someone was moderately injured while there were medics standing by! Tatsuya therefore had no choice but to run down and tell the trained medical professionals how to do their jobs and then carry the girl with broken ribs to the hospital. Yes, the hospital, which was somehow in the same building as the sports arena which is on a military base. I guess stretchers haven't been invented yet in Satou's fascist magic wonderland. Or maybe the stretchers are transparent cubes and no one uses them because they can't figure out how that is supposed to work.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Tatsuya just can't stop himself from shoving his stupid wooden face into everything. Oh no, someone was moderately injured while there were medics standing by! Tatsuya therefore had no choice but to run down and tell the trained medical professionals how to do their jobs and then carry the girl with broken ribs to the hospital. Yes, the hospital, which was somehow in the same building as the sports arena which is on a military base. I guess stretchers haven't been invented yet in Satou's fascist magic wonderland. Or maybe the stretchers are transparent cubes and no one uses them because they can't figure out how that is supposed to work.

quote:

Tatsuya had received military and guardian training since youth, which more than qualified him for minor surgical operations.

"Because he was the one who escorted you here and stayed on station while you were undergoing treatment."
"What?"
"Well, of course we didn't leave it all to Tatsuya-kun himself...... Shocked?"
Mayumi sported a grin while Mari turned around with a miserable expression on her face.
It was precisely because she felt a tight knot unraveling inside her that Mayumi's grin irked her even more.
"Naturally, men wouldn't be present while ladies are changing, so he obediently waited in the corridor while treatment was ongoing. But you better thank him later on. He arrived practically at the same time as the emergency response teams and helped bring you to shore. He also spotted your fractures in one glance and gave the orders for treatment."

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
"He arrived practically at the same time as the emergency response teams and helped bring you to shore. He also spotted your fractures in one glance and gave the orders for treatment."

"Then he was punched repeatedly in the face by one of the paramedics, who kept shouting 'Oh? Yeah? And what's the treatment regimen for this, smart-arse!'"

I wish...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I just like the image of her arm comically broken, like at a 90 degree andle or whatever and Tatsuya just swoops in and is like "this arm....is broken".

Then everyone cheers but Tatsuya is humble about it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I read through Apocalypse Zero/Kakugo no Susume while the forums were down out of boredom, and it did a powerful protagonist who didn't show much emotion a lot better. Kakugo needed help from time to time and actually did things to make people like them.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I read book 7 which ended with the evil chinese/koreans getting nuked.
Then I read book 8, a flashback to 12 year old Tatsuya (and how he came to nuke the chinese)

12 year old miyuki was a tsundere fyi.

Also started book 9, in a scientific attempt to mirror tatsuya's nuke powers, the americans have unleashed ???

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Namtab posted:

I read book 7 which ended with the evil chinese/koreans getting nuked.
Then I read book 8, a flashback to 12 year old Tatsuya (and how he came to nuke the chinese)

12 year old miyuki was a tsundere fyi.

Also started book 9, in a scientific attempt to mirror tatsuya's nuke powers, the americans have unleashed ???

What the ever loving gently caress. What kind of :spergin: is Satou and what world doe he live in that he thinks that any of that is okay in any context whatsoever?! :stonk:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's ok because the base he nuked on the korean peninsula was the world's first military base to have absolutely no non-combatant personnel and it was also nowhere near any civilian population.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Also, I'm sure that S. Korea ditched their mandatory military service policy for reasons. Never think of those bloodthirsty foreigners as people.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I would try to ask which part of Korea he nuked, but then I realize that this author just doesn't give a gently caress and would nuke South Korea just as readily as North.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jwang posted:

I would try to ask which part of Korea he nuked, but then I realize that this author just doesn't give a gently caress and would nuke South Korea just as readily as North.

Would it really even matter?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 27, 2014

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh, turns out it was china after all. Zhènhai gets nuked. Geogedo base is swamped by a tsunami. If it hadn't been, Japan would have been taken out by said tsunami.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

What it really even matter?

Technically speaking, since Japan is allies with the US, just like South Korea, they shouldn't be making aggressive moves towards South Korea. However, in Satou-land, it doesn't matter because GLORIOUS NIPPON is superior to everyone and can nuke poo poo with impunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Killing hordes of Koreans isn't really excused just because there isn't any civilians there. Even if it's justifiable in universe the author is the one creating the situation where helpless foreigners are slaughtered time and time again, military or not.

• Locked thread