Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Obama: I won't run in 2016

quote:

To: SMGFan

Taqqiya

3 posted on 6/26/2014, 1:50:22 PM by gwgn02
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: gwgn02

Taqqiya big time.

Who will make him leave?
This muslim punk shows daily disrespect for the laws of the land.
If he decided to stay, then what?

Imagine if the machine elects Hillary! and baraq tells her to go pound sand.

I don’t put any of this past the obungo regime.

11 posted on 6/26/2014, 1:53:10 PM by Texas resident (The democrat party is the CPUSA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SMGFan

I still think amusement can be had by suggesting that black Americans should write in Obama’s name for president.

25 posted on 6/26/2014, 2:02:59 PM by yefragetuwrabrumuy ("Don't compare me to the almighty, compare me to the alternative." -Obama, 09-24-11)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

It was only a matter of time, really. They've been using "negro," "mulatto," and "quadroon" for a while now.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It was only a matter of time, really. They've been using "negro," "mulatto," and "quadroon" for a while now.

Every time I feel bad about myself, I take heart in knowing there's an entire panoply of racist terms that I have zero awareness of--and I know some obscure poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

GEORGE W BURSH IS GOIGN TO MAKE A TERRORISM AND STAY ELEECTED 4EVER

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

OAquinas posted:

Every time I feel bad about myself, I take heart in knowing there's an entire panoply of racist terms that I have zero awareness of--and I know some obscure poo poo.

I think they've busted out "kaffir" once or twice too. Freerepublic.com: for all your cosmopolitan racist needs.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I think they've busted out "kaffir" once or twice too. Freerepublic.com: for all your cosmopolitan racist needs.

That poo poo comes from the far right's dark fixation on the glory days of Rhodesia and Apartheid-era South Africa.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
BREAKING! There May Be Enough Invalidated Votes to Overturn Cochran Victory

Mostly boring stuff but...

quote:

To: Viennacon
I WANT EVERY drat BLACK VOTER WHO DID THIS JAILED!!!!

I want anyone and everyone involved jailed. Better hurry though; their hard drives might crash.
86 posted on 6/26/2014, 4:06:43 PM by Ghost of SVR4 (So many are so hopelessly dependent on the government that they will fight to protect it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

Original formatting.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't know that one and I'm afraid to look it up. Does it have a specific meaning or is it just 'black' again?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I thought Kaffir is the head covering, so it's a slightly more refined way of saying "raghead."

e: VVV Well what the gently caress am I thinking of?

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 26, 2014

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Prism posted:

I don't know that one and I'm afraid to look it up. Does it have a specific meaning or is it just 'black' again?
It's basically South Afrikan for "ni**er".

Celebrated Hollywood documentary Lethal Weapon II shows its usage pretty comprehensively.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SubponticatePoster posted:

I thought Kaffir is the head covering, so it's a slightly more refined way of saying "raghead."

Keffiyeh is the Arabic head covering, kefir is fermented milk from the Steppe, and kaffir is the South African equivalent of "friend of the family"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Are they getting soft? Freepers would normally be advocating for mass executions.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

It's basically South Afrikan for "ni**er".

Celebrated Hollywood documentary Lethal Weapon II shows its usage pretty comprehensively.

That's the only reason I had heard the word before, thanks Mel. :cheers:

Diplomatic immunity!! :D

drat I need to watch that movie again.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Is there a specific term for the argument "the minute the Republicans stop calling gay men faggots and openly hating them, there will be a massive rush of wealthy gay white men over to the Republican side on the basis of FYGM, happily abandoning lesbians, transexuals, and people of color to their fate." ?

Triangugaytion?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
What I've heard is that it's the Arabic word for 'infidel', and was used by Arab merchants in eastern Africa for non-Muslim blacks. Which makes it kinda funny that Freepers would use it.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.

Finnankainen posted:

(So many are so hopelessly dependent on the government that they will fight to protect it.)

Please tell me this guy isn't paraphrasing Morpheus.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

made of bees posted:

What I've heard is that it's the Arabic word for 'infidel', and was used by Arab merchants in eastern Africa for non-Muslim blacks. Which makes it kinda funny that Freepers would use it.

:shrug: "hajji" has the original meaning of being an honorific for those who have completed the hajj. Slurs are weird.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Please tell me this guy isn't paraphrasing Morpheus.

He is.

And hello, Gul Madred! Fancy seeing you again. I'm glad you finally agree with me that there are four lights.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.

made of bees posted:

I think this one is kuffar, although it's common for freepers to appropriate the terms of a hated culture to show how "knowledgeable" about them they are, like taqqiyah at the top of the page.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Stultus Maximus posted:

Keffiyeh is the Arabic head covering, kefir is fermented milk from the Steppe, and kaffir is the South African equivalent of "friend of the family"
Thank you, now this short circuit in my brain is fixed.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
"Blackamoor"? Jesus christ, what is this, 1001 Arabian Nights?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Triangugaytion?

nailed it

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

"Blackamoor"? Jesus christ, what is this, 1001 Arabian Nights?

?

:psyduck:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Demon Of The Fall posted:

That's the only reason I had heard the word before, thanks Mel. :cheers:

Diplomatic immunity!! :D

drat I need to watch that movie again.

Back in high school, we read Kaffir Boy, so that's where I knew it from. This was back in the 90's, but I'm told every high school curriculum has at least one book about apartheid.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

prussian advisor posted:

I think this one is kuffar, although it's common for freepers to appropriate the terms of a hated culture to show how "knowledgeable" about them they are, like taqqiyah at the top of the page.

Kuffar and kaffir are two different ways to anglicize the same Arabic word, which is used by many Muslims to refer to non-Muslims. Made of bees is correct about the South African usage of the term--European colonists picked it up from African Muslims, and used it to refer to native South Africans.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHRfuLVfls

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Does Freep have something against the Moors or is "blackamoor" a deep pull from their well of foreign racial slurs?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Does Freep have something against the Moors or is "blackamoor" a deep pull from their well of foreign racial slurs?

Both, probably.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

PostNouveau posted:

That is one of the things you can count on freep for, they are better than Archer for pulling out racial slurs from antiquity. Alla time with mulatto, quadroon, kaffir, and mohammedan. I'm a little sad not to have seen paynim or popeist, but I have hope for the latter during Francis's tenure.

If I had to guess, it is an overdose of Kipling during formative years.

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 27, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Old-timey racial slur. It's weird how the non-racists at Freep know all the possible ways to disparage blacks, including foreign languages and words that haven't been used in centuries.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Old-timey racial slur. It's weird how the non-racists at Freep know all the possible ways to disparage blacks, including foreign languages and words that haven't been used in centuries.

All this time this has been the powder they've been keeping dry.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

PostNouveau posted:

Anything to avoid becoming The Real Racist.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
All-time champion in that game has to be George Allen, who broke off an obscure French colonial term compared a dark-skinned volunteer for his opponent's campaign to a macaque monkey -- while the guy was taping him as part of his job to tape all of Allen's public statements in case he says something politically damaging.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I remember one thread that was practically a competition to see who could find the old-timiest word for Muslims. A few of them mentioned that they regularly use "Saracen".

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty sure Dale Reed invented some of those centuries ago.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Old Man Invents friend of the family

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lord Hydronium posted:

I remember one thread that was practically a competition to see who could find the old-timiest word for Muslims. A few of them mentioned that they regularly use "Saracen".

I was using this list to see how often Freep dips into ancient racism, and I came across this gem of racism that Freep didn't delete for some reason.

Guess which of these posts got deleted

quote:

Hey why don’t you just come out and call him a ‘blue gummed n_____’ I know thats what you’re trying to do.

quote:

Then you don't know anything. I wasn't bringing race into this. I was bringing health.

Your response makes you seem like a racist. I feel sorry for you.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Let the record show that in 2008 I was probated for using the term "kaffir" in Gibbis.

In fairness, I was speaking on behalf of Muslim Somali troops fighting against Ethiopian Orthodox Christians. Presumably if I'd used the spelling "kuffar" I might've been okay, just the Souf Effriken flavour of the spelling I used got me.

EDIT: Holy gently caress, I got probated at the request of Vilerat in 2008? Spooky!

EDIT2: Dang, I got probated 4 times in 2008, mostly for LF-related drama, and twice in 2007 (both by [b]radium[b], who hasn't posted since 2007) for using the wrong thread tag (I think one of which was because I somehow left my account open on a public computer while in Tajikistan, seriously).

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 27, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I was using this list to see how often Freep dips into ancient racism, and I came across this gem of racism that Freep didn't delete for some reason.

Guess which of these posts got deleted

[/quote]

Heh, I'm getting a malware warning on the second page of that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

quote:

Genius Idea: New Dating Site For Braniacs (yes, even a Freeper pointed out the spelling error)

Mensa and Match.com have teamed up to create a new dating site for people whose IQ is in the 98th percentile.

On Mensa Match, brainiacs can find people to date with the same intelligence level, according to the Daily Mail. The site was inspired by a survey where 80 percent of American singles said dating people on the same intelligence level was “very important.” 89 percent also said they would like to be with someone “considerably better educated or more intellectual.”

“Why do we want a smart partner? Because intelligence is correlated with many benefits, including: higher income; sense of humor; creativity; social skills; coordination; and problem solving. These are sexy,” said chief scientific advisor for Match.com Dr. Helen Fisher.

“Money can buy a sexy evening on the town. People everywhere gravitate to smart lovers, because an intelligent partner comes with a host of sexy perks.”

quote:

To: xjcsa

Indeed. It gets old after a while being the smartest guy in any room I walk into. But I manage...

/Humble

4 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:11:40 PM by Norm Lenhart (How's that 'lesser evil' workin' out for ya?)

quote:

To: kingattax

My wife and I both qualify for MENSA due to test scores in the past. We met on the personals on Craigslist and it didn’t cost us a dime.

6 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:15:16 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself.)

quote:

Nonsense. The last thing I want in a woman is someone who overthinks everything the way I do. Besides, I’m looking for somebody who wants me for my body and not just my mind.

9 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:18:00 PM by Tony in Hawaii (Freedom!)

quote:

Really smart people aren’t interested in sex. This site is bogus.

11 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:19:24 PM by firebrand

quote:

I’m guessing it’s going to be packed with liberals who think that going to expensive colleges and smoking pot with outright Marxists makes them smart.

13 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:26:06 PM by Tzimisce

quote:

To: RegulatorCountry

“It’s the rare human being who has an extremely high IQ, is athletic, sociable to the point of a winning personality, sexually attractive, etc.,”

Fit that description to a tee..don’t think I’m all that unusual.

BTW you forgot to mention humble.

14 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:27:05 PM by montanajoe

quote:

To: Tzimisce
"I’m guessing it’s going to be packed with liberals who think that going to expensive colleges and smoking pot with outright Marxists makes them smart."

This is the key factor. Libs are profoundly stupid, and worse, do not realize this simple fact. It explains their absolute conviction that everyone MUST be equal.
To them, equality means that they are at least as intelligent as their enemies.

Look up the Dunning Kruger Effect, and you will realize that the ultimate solution is going to be a eugenic war. The survivors will be the ones who are willing to finish the job.
22 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:47:31 PM by jonascord (Laeti vescimur nos subacturis)
lol

quote:

To: RegulatorCountry

“It’s the rare human being who has an extremely high IQ, is athletic, sociable to the point of a winning personality, sexually attractive, etc., the stereotype has a factual basis.”

it maybe there is one like that who will pop up and presume to have the answers to save the world...he’ll be called antichrist!(The beast system...Beast...false prophet and Beast Image)

23 posted on 6/26/2014, 9:47:46 PM by mdmathis6

Liberals are dumb, apocalyptic scenario predicted, Antichrist mentioned apropos of nothing. Once someone brings up race, it'll become the stereotypical Freep thread!

e:

quote:

To: jonascord

The most condescending liberals I run into rely on their pedigree. They think that being in an Ivy League school, reading “smart” literature and partying with “intelligent” people makes them more intelligent and more caring.

Often when I argue with these people, they resort to tired buzzwords and slogans from 1960’s peace marches.

It’s totally obvious they can’t think at all. No matter how lukewarm and simple I make the argument, they just can’t (or won’t) follow it.

These people are extremely dangerous when they’re in positions to act on their knowledge (or lack of it).

I think it’s part of what’s wrong with what’s going on right now. Our society is being run by people who are completely stupid and too arrogant to listen to anything but their own hubris.

29 posted on 6/26/2014, 10:08:44 PM by Tzimisce
:ironicat:

Ninjasaurus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 27, 2014

• Locked thread