Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Ah OK, your initial Oath Complete post has the same 2 pics so that's what I used :) I thought the second picture might be slightly different for some reason. Didn't see the second post so I had to go through your post history for it (I'm just using the spreadsheet links)

Ah, yeah that's my fault then. Sorry! I was posting at the (literal) last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Late in the month oaths best oaths.

I, Rulebook Heavily, oath these twelve (12) Wood Elf Dryads from Games Workshop.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I, Zero Suit Ridley, hereby add to my oath one Misaki from Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I will choose the Ork Watchtower. Just in time too!

Yay prizes! :toot:
Yay indeed! :) I'll have it sent out soon!

Leperflesh posted:

Ah, yeah that's my fault then. Sorry! I was posting at the (literal) last minute.
No worries...you're just out of practice ;)

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Late in the month oaths best oaths.

I, Rulebook Heavily, oath these twelve (12) Wood Elf Dryads from Games Workshop.

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

I, Zero Suit Ridley, hereby add to my oath one Misaki from Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures

Both of these are Accepted!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
:catdrugs: Oath Complete! :catdrugs:

It's not the end of the month and I'm done my oath! Had a small problem with my water effects where my sealing strip took the bottom layer of water and sand right off. Quick patch job and a little different method turned out well. Wish I had a better camera to grab the details properly but I am content with it.

Claiming monthly Jurnal! Fancy bases!

Water effects. Ammo piles building up. Bushes, reeds, and rocks! Oh my!

Also Claiming Backstory!

Even in death, he would serve. He would serve and he would hold the line till death took him again.

His brothers gave him weapons that could kill with accuracy and strength so that all who approached could taste his cold uncaring spite. Arms of thunder that roared and echoed inside his deathly oubliette. While his electronic eyes exploded with a cacophony of information and the Emperor's mercy. But none of it mattered. All that mattered was that he held the line till death took him again.

When the baying of orks came over the hills and into his range, he did his duty and mowed them down with a sweep of his gaze. Servants of chaos would valiantly scream pleas and foul offers to dark gods that would not answer as their minions fell into eviscerated heaps. Xenos with whips of aether, plasma vapor rising off heated weapons, and various armors of martial grace would come to him for supplication. Which he would always offer onto them, as all that mattered was that he held the line till death took him again.

Ages of decaying carnage lay behind him when his brothers finally reunited with him. With praise of his greatness and determination to serve for so long, the marines paused to honor him. They gave praise up to the Emperor for the glory he had achieved in their absence and came to take him home for repairs and ministrations by the techpriests. But as they approached towards the stalwart frame, they crossed the river and justice was lain unto all of his brothers before him. Filling the audio channels were cheers of his deeds pitched into surprised pleas of action before silence fell at last. He was The Nail. And all that mattered is that he held the line till death took him again.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I Zero Suit Ridley add to my oath one (1) each of Ototo and Yamaziko, both from Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures

because I'm still on vacation till monday and I'm having a lot of fun painting.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For June, I oath a Corporation Director, from Mini-Wargaming's Dark Potential starter set

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
More oaths! A Wraith Engine and Gorten Grundback
These are Privateer Press.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Jurnal is the bronze owl on a Blasted Wastelands resin base by Secret Weapon Miniatures.

The owl is also I Rolled a 6 as it's intended as an objective marker rather than a unit.

Finally, I thought the owl would be a good choice for Speed Painting as it was pretty simple, and so it was:

the black splotch is when I needed to add some more black lava after priming, it all got basecoated over anyway, I hope this is okay

Wow, this little guy did a lot of work for me this month! :buddy:

Edit 6/26: Added more (better?) pictures of the four humanoid models.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 26, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

I Zero Suit Ridley add to my oath one (1) each of Ototo and Yamaziko, both from Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures

because I'm still on vacation till monday and I'm having a lot of fun painting.

Deanut Pancer posted:

For June, I oath a Corporation Director, from Mini-Wargaming's Dark Potential starter set

Red Shoe posted:

More oaths! A Wraith Engine and Gorten Grundback
These are Privateer Press.

Accepted!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Wizard plus Box Art

Empire BSB

Digganob with fancy base. The base is largely made from a greenstuff cast of an engine bit from a Big Lugga, plus plasticard and a little brass etch

Grey Knights

This month I'm claiming:
Box Art
Fly Your Flag
Jurnal 2

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

As my light box is to small, time to break out the new (and still creased) grass mat!

There are my men, but as they are a little small (6mm) lets have a closer look, and provide some counts so I can prove everyone is present and correct. (You might just want to trust me on this one)

In the forground, the riflemen are 4 to a base with 12 bases total (6 shown here) behind them the line infantry, 16 to a base with 15 bases (one at the back with leftover figures on it.) 240 men in line formation, 48 in skirmish

Here we see the Generals and artillery - Artillery is 4 men and cannon to a base, and there are four of them. Generals are either 2 to a base or 3 to a base depending on whether they are Division or Corps Commanders. you can also see the spare cav I had mounted up on round bases to act as command point markers. Artillery, 16 men, 4 guns, 9 generals, 6 spare horsemen

Left flank, and we can see four bases of Hussars, 6 to a base. 24 men

Right flank, in the same configuration the light Dragoons. 24 men

Behind them, 6 to base are nine bases of Heavy dragoons. 54 men

Total = 425 plucky men.

Bonuses
Journal My bases look a lot better in real life than in these pics, but I hope the three layers of dry brushing and flock qualify me for this months journal!
I rolled a 6! - Six command point markers, bases separately to show where my Generals are focusing their attention this turn.
Box art - These are all historical uniforms, but if you go here and click on the British, you can see my Line infantry at least is the same as the manufacturers website.
Double the fun! - Obviously.

Now all I need to do is paint up the French and I can actually play!

At least I forgot to buy any light infantry for them, so that's 48 models less to paint!

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
OATH COMPLETE

Deathshroud Terminator

The Death Guard are not known for their vanity, but I imagine that Veteran Sergeant Vargos here is already more than a couple steps down the path to Chaos, and that many years from now he will be one of the prime sources of his squad's Death's Head grenades in their war against the Imperium.

Also, after getting the bone color on there I absolutely hated this model and was very upset with that I had done to him until I got the weathering done. Suddenly, I loved it again! For what it's worth, the blood is a little darker in real life, but other than that the picture came out pretty well.

Arco-Penitent

I am super-happy with this model. After the rest of her gang is done, I'll get some better pictures of her that will really capture how she looks in real life. I also like to imagine that there are three more of these things that were sold to other gangs (I imagine that this is the fate of the young and fit children of heretics - lobotomized, fitted with bionics, and sold to help the planetary governor's "budget" (private air-yacht) ).

This was the first model I painted after fitting together a wet palette, which gave me many more options WRT what colors and techniques I could use. I tried out SpikyJames' method for painting grody skin on her arms, and I'm looking forward to branching out with it - it's a far more 'painterly' method than I'm used to painting, and letting the brush do more of the work was incredibly liberating.

Jurnal!

I'm finding that I'm much more satisfied with my models now that I'm doing more detailed bases. Starting with a couple chunked-up bits of old vehicles not only gives the model some extra elevation when complete, it also gives me a good spot to run a pin through.

For the Penitent, most of her buddies have my standard 'rusty tank stuff and flock' method that you can see on the Deathshroud's base, but I felt that she needed something more delicate. The old Ravenwing banner was the perfect fit, and gave another opportunity to sneak some blue in there with the copper verdigris.

Claiming:
Jurnal 2

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oath addition! One ninja hacker for Corvus Belli's Infinity (28mm) with a resin scenic base (I think by Micro Art Studio):

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, for the Month of June oath these 3 Wracks from Privateer Press

Sorry they came out so dark

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Previous completion:

YF19pilot posted:

Oath Complete!

Not sure if the time stamp is really needed, but Speed Painting!

Also, Box Art! (or my best jab at as close to as possible)

I want to give a big thanks to Scibor Miniatures for having this as a prize in last season, and for their awesome work. I certainly can't do their models much justice I'm afraid, but I truly cannot decide which is my favorite.

And to finish off this month's oath:
Oath Completed

This should get me in for this month's Jurnal, no other bonuses being claimed. So to sum up my entire oath:
Jurnal entry with the OP (Observation Patrol) team in this post
Box Art and Speed Painting with the pool funnies.

e: just realized the bottom two pictures make the bricks look like piles of gory meat for some reason.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 22, 2014

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming monthly Jurnal! Fancy bases! because hey, multi-basing rocks.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Daedleh posted:

OATH COMPLETE!
Claiming monthly Jurnal! Fancy bases! because hey, multi-basing rocks.

Great stuff! What metals did you use for the armour?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Weirdo posted:

Great stuff! What metals did you use for the armour?

Cheers!

Metals were:
1:1 Vallejo Burnt Umber & AP Weapon Bronze
Drybrush AP Weapon Bronze
Drybrush 2:1 AP Weapon Bronze & AP Shining Silver
Wash: 1:5 AP Hydra Turqoise & Wash Mix (some strange concoction of Pledge floor wax, flow improver etc)
Drybrush 2:1 AP Weapon Bronze & AP Shining Silver

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Oath Complete!
Ashlynn and a Mule

I'm claiming
Fly your Flag
Jurnal - the stone base
Parts List:

• Dwarf Bronze
  • Mechanicus Grey
  • Enchanted Blue
  • Eshin Grey
  • Leadbelcher
  • Ironbreaker
  • Gryphone Sepia
  • Ogryn Flesh
  • Mithril Silver
  • Asurmen Blue
  • Macragge Blue
  • Agrax Earthshade
  • Nuln Oil
  • Abaddon Black
  • Celesta Grey
  • Brass Scorpion
  • Ghennas Gold
  • Skrag Brown
  • Naggaroth Night
  • Ulthuan Grey
  • Calthan Brown
  • Talarn Flesh
All GW paints

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Oath Complete!

Bonus points:
Jurnal (the damp mossy bark)
Speed painting
Box art

Speed painting:

Box Art:

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

Old style orc horde! I got the plastics for like eight bucks on ebay.

A long time ago I bought a doom diver and it didn't come with all the parts it should have, so I've opted here to depict it in its natural state (all hosed up from a misfire)

Here's the unfortunate Doom Diver, along with the goblin with the measuring stick that determined he was tall enough to ride this ride.

Another angle

Orc closeups. I really like this model, even after painting it 37 times in a row

I'd like to claim my Journal entry as the crashed doom diver, since it's all mounted on a clear acrylic flying base and done up with aluminum foil and what have you. I'd also like to claim I rolled a six! since he's going to be used as the template when the catapult fires, should I ever manage to play a game of Warhammer.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Hordes Circle Orboros Tharn Bloodtracker and this Bloodbowl turn marker

The Bloodtracker is going to be used to test out my planned colour scheme for my Bloodbowl Amazons team, and the turn marker will be my rolled a six component.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Ugggh. Those orcs are both dope and legit.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

So is anything going to happen w/r/t the forums downtime for this oath month?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Forums Terrorist posted:

So is anything going to happen w/r/t the forums downtime for this oath month?
Yes, the deadline is now the 28th because we had 3 free forum-less days to paint.

:v:

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I had an Oath ready to go but it's technically past the deadline?

(5 dudes for Deadlands, Reaper)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
WhiteOutMouse had an oath as well, he wanted me to post it for him when the site came back up:

WhiteOutMouse oaths 3 Mantic Corporation with Sniper Rifles and 2 Mantic Corporation with Flamers, all 28mm:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Under 15 posted:

Orc closeups. I really like this model, even after painting it 37 times in a row
You did a great job with this horde, and I'm impressed with your diligence! I've had to spread the "I love my bolter" Marines around my tac squads because I can't handle painting that much of the same pose.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
My word isn't law, but I'm all for having some degree of a grace period here due to the outage, at a minimum on the Oath pledging side.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Quick phonepost, I'll allow a grace period to the end of tomorrow (American Samoa time, natch) for all posts that were meant to be oathed before the cutoff, but the month-end painting deadline (midnight Monday) still stands.

So get 'em in if you've got the GUTS!

(edited to change 'the end of today' to 'the end of tomorrow', so everyone has a bit more time)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 26, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Challenge accepted! I thought I would give the base part a go last week and then and not get to oath them.

Oath Addition

I swear to oath in addition to my original oath one GW Ogre standard bearer and 4 25mm converted bases.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Oath Complete!

Really busted my rear end on this one, and he came out great. If you feel like giving me a Jurnal point for actually putting in the effort to paint my grass tufts and flock to tie them together, feel free, but I'm not super bothered either way. The model was a real joy to paint, but I was under time constraints that didn't give me the chance to put together a real good scenic base for it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

Oath addition! One ninja hacker for Corvus Belli's Infinity (28mm) with a resin scenic base (I think by Micro Art Studio):

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, for the Month of June oath these 3 Wracks from Privateer Press

Sorry they came out so dark

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Hordes Circle Orboros Tharn Bloodtracker and this Bloodbowl turn marker

The Bloodtracker is going to be used to test out my planned colour scheme for my Bloodbowl Amazons team, and the turn marker will be my rolled a six component.

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Yeah, I had an Oath ready to go but it's technically past the deadline?
(5 dudes for Deadlands, Reaper)

MasterSlowPoke posted:

WhiteOutMouse had an oath as well, he wanted me to post it for him when the site came back up:

WhiteOutMouse oaths 3 Mantic Corporation with Sniper Rifles and 2 Mantic Corporation with Flamers, all 28mm:

lovestick posted:

Challenge accepted! I thought I would give the base part a go last week and then and not get to oath them.

Oath Addition

I swear to oath in addition to my original oath one GW Ogre standard bearer and 4 25mm converted bases.

Oaths ACCEPTED!!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, oath this Malifaux Nicodem (28mm) model

Last minute quick oath!
Going for the just the journal this month with his scratch built base.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath this Malifaux Nicodem (28mm) model

Last minute quick oath!
Going for the just the journal this month with his scratch built base.

Accepted!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
One more oath for the month: Durgen Madhammer.
Privateer Press

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

One more oath for the month: Durgen Madhammer.
Privateer Press

Accepted!

:siren: THERE'S JUST OVER 2 HOURS LEFT TO GET YOUR LAST OATHS IN FOR THIS MONTH! :siren:

Again: due to the forum going down just as the Oathing deadline has been extended to Midnight tonight in American Samoa. See the link below for the current time!

PLEASE NOTE! this does NOT mean the completion deadline has been pushed back - that is still midnight Monday, again American Samoan time.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!
And I did the journal.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Electric Hobo posted: