Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Hope Solo arrested in domestic disturbance.

Ladies getting in on that feral action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Was Taters posted:

Hope Solo arrested in domestic disturbance.

Ladies getting in on that feral action.

She seems nice

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

quote:

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini said he’s selling Kyle Lafferty to Norwich because “he’s an out-of-control womaniser.”

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

I love everything about this.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
lol. reason #1846 why foreign clubs never buy British players

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

serious gaylord posted:

I love everything about this.

i refuse to believe he was fit long enough to go out on the pull

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Monday Bandele posted:

lol. reason #1846 why foreign clubs never buy British players

idk there seems to be a fair number http://eurorivals.net/abroad/english.html

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Irishman without rules has a nice ring to it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Kurtofan posted:

The Irishman without rules has a nice ring to it.

Good tag line for a B-movie

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
lmao he's literally been slut shamed out of Serie A

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Finn posted:

lmao he's literally been slut shamed out of Serie A

Imagine the level he has to be at for an Italian Man to be calling him a womaniser.

I cant stop laughing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bape Culture posted:

Kitkat in anus?

That was Giroud.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

serious gaylord posted:

Imagine the level he has to be at for an Italian Man to be calling him a womaniser.

I cant stop laughing.

It must rule to hang out with him

For what it's worth, he's a huge fan favorite and Palermo supporters love him. The author of popular Italian comic Dylan Dog even drew him in to a published comic book. Zamparini is a known insane man so it's quite possible he's lying just to get rid of him, but it's equally possible that he's telling the truth. Either way I was really excited to see him in Serie A next year so this is disappointing.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It must rule to hang out with him

For what it's worth, he's a huge fan favorite and Palermo supporters love him. The author of popular Italian comic Dylan Dog even drew him in to a published comic book. Zamparini is a known insane man so it's quite possible he's lying just to get rid of him, but it's equally possible that he's telling the truth. Either way I was really excited to see him in Serie A next year so this is disappointing.

This is Kyle Lafferty still right?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

This is Kyle Lafferty still right?

Yes! It was Serie B though, lets not get carried away. I was more interested in seeing him for commentators screaming "Lahf-ehr-teeeee!!" and the novelty of a gangly brit in the league than for his footballing talents.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Here's a bizarre tribute video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b4at4_kyle-lafferty-il-dylan-dog-del-palermo-hd-720p_sport

You can see the quality of defenders he was facing, also his celebrations are pretty funny

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Yes! It was Serie B though, lets not get carried away. I was more interested in seeing him for commentators screaming "Lahf-ehr-teeeee!!" and the novelty of a gangly brit in the league than for his footballing talents.

It's like finding out your dog can talk or something. Kyle bloody Lafferty. He'll do well to get 3 or 4 goals for Norwich.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Total Meatlove posted:

It's like finding out your dog can talk or something. Kyle bloody Lafferty. He'll do well to get 3 or 4 goals for Norwich.

Now I'm wondering how often Jozy would score in Italy (on and off the pitch)

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Grande Kyle!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Taff posted:

Now I'm wondering how often Jozy would score in Italy (on and off the pitch)

He'd get a few in Serie B for sure. He'd probably score on Milan in Serie A which would be great because then I could kill myself.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

He'd get a few in Serie B for sure. He'd probably score on Milan in Serie A which would be great because then I could kill myself.

Would he score outside of league play? My guess is he's at a bit of a disadvantage with respect to Italian women.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

This is amazing.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Match-fixing allegations surrounding seven Cameroon World Cup players have been questioned by the International Centre for Sport Security.

But ICSS director Chris Eaton, Fifa's former head of security, says Perumal has also given some "disinformation".

"I understand he has made other predictions that have not proved accurate," said Eaton.

Cameroon lost all their Group A games, including a 4-0 defeat by Croatia. In a discussion with Der Spiegel, Perumal correctly forecast the result with Croatia and that a player would be sent off. ICSS, who work with betting regulators, operators and monitoring agencies to look at sport integrity, revealed there was "no observable suspicious betting on this match".

Eaton said: "Key questions that should be asked about this case include how, when and from whom Perumal received information about this match and why he sent it to the media, instead of passing this information to the police and prosecutors that he has reportedly been co-operating with over the past three years.
A closer look at the match-fixer

"Assuming he actually knew something, by providing the information earlier to police or Fifa, some preventative action could have been taken."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28114493

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A ref in Detroit died after a 36-year-old player punched him in the head while getting red carded.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/john-bieniewicz-u-s-soccer-ref-dies-after-being-punched-during-match-1.2693747

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

vyelkin posted:

A ref in Detroit died after a 36-year-old player punched him in the head while getting red carded.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/john-bieniewicz-u-s-soccer-ref-dies-after-being-punched-during-match-1.2693747

That's rough. Another quote from the article:
"In Brazil last year, a 20-year-old referee was killed, dismembered and decapitated by spectators after he stabbed a player to death during an amateur soccer match."

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Syncopated posted:

"In Brazil last year, a 20-year-old referee was killed, dismembered and decapitated by spectators after he stabbed a player to death during an amateur soccer match."

wow.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think we actually discussed that one in this exact thread when it happened. It was certainly pretty insane reading the headlines after it happened.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just read that the Utah case where that 17 year old did it was ordered to have the Refs picture in his cell for the duration of his sentence.

Also its a drat shame poo poo like this happens

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
This poo poo scares the hell out of me every time I see something like this. I've had plenty of people pissed off at me, screaming from the sidelines, etc.; but I've never actually felt like I was in danger. But you just never know, do you? Dude looked down for just a moment and boom. Just awful.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Syncopated posted:

that was me op. I let them cut my head off because I didn't want to be the head of a major corporation or get ahead in life

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

lmaoboy1998 posted:

that was me op. I let them cut my head off because I didn't want to be the head of a major corporation or get ahead in life

That's the way to do it, QP (quoting poster)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Syncopated posted:

Yeah but that guy deserved it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lamont Cranston posted:

This poo poo scares the hell out of me every time I see something like this. I've had plenty of people pissed off at me, screaming from the sidelines, etc.; but I've never actually felt like I was in danger. But you just never know, do you? Dude looked down for just a moment and boom. Just awful.

Refs in england are more likely to be assaulted when officiating under 12 games. After that the nutcase parents stop coming.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There's a big difference between being killed by spectators after you stab a player to death and being killed by a 36-year-old man for doing your job and giving him a red card, imo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

The former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan has issued a statement to deny media rumours linking him to the alleged ritual sacrifice of his friend, the Ghanaian rapper Castro.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/asamoah-gyan-denies-murdering-rapper-human-sacrifice

:crossarms:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Pity he didn't sacrifice Jozy.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ultrabindu posted:

Pity he didn't sacrifice Jozy.

And thus gain Jozy's power? I don't think that would've had a beneficial effect on his career.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dunban posted:

And thus gain Jozy's power? I don't think that would've had a beneficial effect on his career.

You haven't seen Jozy's final form.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Gyan kills Jozy, immediately adds 1 goal a season on average to his scoring record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
Does it work the other way around too? Imagine if Jozy sacrificed all his team mates. Think of the service he would be getting.