Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
A pizza is just a very large, open-faced sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Fish sticks are just long skinny sandwiches.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what does that make biscotti and tea or coffee? A soggy sandwich?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

pizza for the same reason ciabbatta isnt a sandwich, isnt a sandwich.

Depending on the construction of the fish stick, sure, that could be a sandwich. It's just a modernist fish sandwich or something.

coffee and tea are not sandwich fillings, they are beverages.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I am posting from the line at Voodoo Doughnuts. The lady in front of us asked us to take her picture with the sign. I don't think I've ever been so touristy.

We are road trippin' so tomorrow we are heading to Seattle. What should we eat in Seattle? It's our first wedding anniversary on the 30th if anyone knows a good place to celebrate. :3:

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

FishBulb posted:

They describe a bagel with cream cheese as a sandwhich so any bread with a thing on it is a sandwhich. It has lost all meaning.

Bagel with cream cheese, sandwhich
Bread with butter on it, sandwhich
Naan with ghee clearly also sandwhich
Chip with dip apparently sandwhich.

Just curious, what the gently caress is a sandwhich?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

rigeek posted:

Bread dipped in butter

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

GrAviTy84 posted:

coffee and tea are not sandwich fillings, they are beverages.
That's just sloppy nomenclature. Both refer to both the material which is steeped to create the beverage and the beverage itself.

rigeek posted:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I think we can all agree

Pizza is only a sandwich if you put ranch and sriracha on it, then fold it in half. It also has to be cold, and you need to be hungover and not give any fucks.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
A stromboli is just a folded pizza. It is therefore a pizza taco, meaning a folded pizza is a sandwich.

I tend to fold my slices lengthwise when I pick them up. A pizza is actually a set of 8 sandwiches joined at the edges.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I think we can all agree

Pizza is only a sandwich if you put ranch and sriracha on it, then fold it in half. It also has to be cold, and you need to be hungover and not give any fucks.

That would be a healthy sandwich.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

mediaphage posted:

That would be a healthy sandwich.

Ricola-kun, tell me
about pizza cone sandwiches!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna have to start voting republican and hoarding more guns to insure this "a sandwich is loving anything" madness doesn't spread.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

bunnielab posted:

I'm gonna have to start voting republican and hoarding more guns to insure this "a sandwich is loving anything" madness doesn't spread.

A gun is just a bullet burrito, and is therefore also a sandwich.

Rudyard Kipling once ate a particularly stale bullet burrito, forcing himself to eat it at a dinner party as it would have been rude otherwise. He never tried another as it caused major intestinal damage, causing him to endure a very painful hospital visit.

Shortly after, he coined the phrase "to bite the bullet," meaning to endure an unavoidable, unpalatable experience.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

bunnielab posted:

I just wanna marry my dog and call everything a sandwich. Quit infringing my rights man.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Hawkgirl posted:

I am posting from the line at Voodoo Doughnuts. The lady in front of us asked us to take her picture with the sign. I don't think I've ever been so touristy.

We are road trippin' so tomorrow we are heading to Seattle. What should we eat in Seattle? It's our first wedding anniversary on the 30th if anyone knows a good place to celebrate. :3:

Not sure where to eat but get a drink at hale pele before you leave Portland then post up at canon when you hit Seattle. Rob Roy as well.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
What's a sandwich? Who knows? THANKS OBAMA.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
If you think about the tea party as cucumber sandwiches on white bread it all makes sense.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

ahaha, "is a taco a homogeneous mixture"

Only if you make it right!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

http://lareviewofbooks.org/review/is-a-taco-a-sandwich-interpreting-the-law

quote:

SHOULD THE TERM "sandwiches" in a commercial lease include "tacos, burritos and quesadillas"? Does the U.S. Constitution include a right of privacy encompassing abortion?

ah yes, the two fundamental questions that come up when discussing the interpretation of law.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

ah yes, the two fundamental questions that come up when discussing the interpretation of law.

My right to free speech allows me to call whatever the hell I want a sandwich; and I'll protect that First Amendment right with my Second Amendment guns! HANDS OFF OUR SANDWICHES OBUMMER!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7w9pycCSd0

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

What the hell? I like pointless arguments as much as the next goon, but this one has gone too far.

I'm really glad I didn't become a lawyer.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

GrAviTy84 posted:

quote:

SHOULD THE TERM "sandwiches" in a commercial lease include "tacos, burritos and quesadillas"? Does the U.S. Constitution include a right of privacy encompassing abortion?
:v:: What's the difference between a taco and a dead baby?
:chef:: I dunno, what?
HACCP inspection failed

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

What the hell? I like pointless arguments as much as the next goon, but this one has gone too far.

I'm really glad I didn't become a lawyer.

A lawyer is just a suit sandwich. :colbert:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

A lawyer is just a suit sandwich. :colbert:

So, tell me about this "Grim Fandango".

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

So, tell me about this "Grim Fandango".

Whether or not you're being serious, it's a really good game. One of the last few games from Lucasarts that was memorable, or at least one of the last few adventure games. http://miwiki.net/Grim_Fandango

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Manuel Calavera posted:

it's a really good game

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

A standard donut is not a sandwich but a filled donut (like jelly) is a sandwich. Chew on that.

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
ages ago a TV show (maybe on PBS or something) did an episode about the history of pizza and they said the term "pizza pie" is wrong because pizza is technically an open-faced sandwich

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

ZetsurinPower posted:

ages ago a TV show (maybe on PBS or something) did an episode about the history of pizza and they said the term "pizza pie" is wrong because pizza is technically an open-faced sandwich

Yeah but all pies are sandwiches anyways

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah but all pies are sandwiches anyways

Crust is a pastry not a bread

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GrAviTy84 posted:

Crust is a pastry not a bread

Wait so a pasty isn't a sandwich then? What about an UncrustableŽ?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Sounds like a good time to have a cupcake sandwich for lunch.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SFoym7HfWQ

RIP, Clarissa

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Midniter posted:

A standard donut is not a sandwich but a filled donut (like jelly) is a sandwich. Chew on that.

I think I will. Jelly donuts are delicious.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Wait so a pasty isn't a sandwich then? What about an UncrustableŽ?

does that really count as a pastry?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Where would a samosa or perogie fit into this then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Where would a samosa or perogie fit into this then?

neither of those start as bread. they are both dumplings.