Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkMidget
May 29, 2003
'Shag'd Wo'bram?" -Borra

Razor Tongue Radio - Week 101!

Genre: Pacific Northwest Hip-Hop
Released: Weekly, Thursdays @ 10pm PST
Goons: Shao Sosa (Talent) and DrunkMidget (Engineering)

Links
Facebook | RSS | Website | Stitcher

Summary
Bringing you the latest, best hip-hop and rap from around the Pacific Northwest. Hosts Shao Sosa and B-Dub talk about Northwest centric topics, crazy news stories and what's happening in local music.

In this week's episode we talk with Fahiym B. Acuay about Portland Police's recent bullshit crackdown on hip-hop shows, bring you new music from Arjay, Swindle, Lip Ripp and Illmaculate and how Shao can't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkMidget
May 29, 2003
'Shag'd Wo'bram?" -Borra

Razor Tongue Radio - Week 102!

Genre: Pacific Northwest Hip-Hop
Released: Weekly, Thursdays @ 10pm PST
Goons: Shao Sosa (Talent) and DrunkMidget (Engineering)

Links
Facebook | RSS | Website | Stitcher

Summary
Bringing you the latest, best hip-hop and rap from around the Pacific Northwest. Hosts Shao Sosa and B-Dub talk about Northwest centric topics, crazy news stories and what's happening in local music.

This week, BDub recounts a legendary roshambo contest, Donnie Brasco isn't the loving Fast & Furious and new music from the Tri-Cities with the song "Never Better" and a Portland collaboration in "Cypher PDX".

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Genre: Pro Wrestling, Comic Books, and More
Released Live: Weekly, Tuesday Live @ 11:30pm EST (NOW SUNDAYS LIVE AT 11:30P EST)
Goons: Grant DaNasty (Producer)

Links
Facebook | Website | iTunes | Stitcher

Summary: Hosted by Dean Compton and Ryan Mays. COMPTON AFTER DARK is a weekly radio show that covers wrestling, comics, politics, and more. The show airs Tuesday live at 11:30pm EST.

Compton After Dark: Episode 1 with Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Mike Bessler (Originally aired live on 3/18/14)

This week Dean Comptom interviews Mike Bessler of Pro Wrestling Illustrated. It's a fun show as always with calls of independent pro wrestlers from all over the world.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 24, 2014

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Compton After Dark: Episode 2 with TCW's Brian Thompson (Originally aired live on 3/25/14)

This week Dean Compton interviews Brian Thompson of Traditional Championship Wrestling, discussing his career of promoting shows, ring announcing, and commentating in the Mid South Missouri/Arkansas/Tennessee area including such promotions as Gateway Championship Wrestling and Memphis Championship Wrestling when it was a WWF developmental territory.

Compton After Dark: Episode 3 with Charlton Comics' Mort Todd, Paul Kupperberg, Roger McKenzie, and Fester Faceplant (Originally aired live on 4/1/14)

This week Dean Compton interviews Mort Todd, Paul Kupperberg, Roger McKenzie, and Fester Faceplant about Charlton Comics history, revival, and their careers.

Compton After Dark: Episode 4 with Action Lab Entertainment's very own Chad Cicconi, William Blankenship, and Dave Dwonch (Originally aired live on 4/8/14)

This week Dean Compton interviews Chad Cicconi, William Blankenship, and Dave Dwonch to talk Fracture, Double Jumpers, Vamplets, NFL Rush Zone, and more! .

Compton After Dark: Episode 5 with Paul O'Connor from Longbox Graveyard and Mort Todd from Charlton Comics (Originally aired live on 4/13/14)

Compton After Dark: Episode 6 with Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Matt Bessler and Big Bang Comics' Chris Ecker (Originally aired live on 4/20/14)

This week Dean Compton interviews PWI's Matt Bessler and Big Bang Comics' Chris Ecker to discuss the connection between comic books and professional wrestling.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 24, 2014

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheEdgeOfChaos
RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/archive/EOC
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsjADk1zPaqCyccc6aG5UsQ?feature=watch

Genre: Political commentary/opinion
Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. In this episode we begin by tackling Chinese shadow banking, including a synopsis of what it is and how it works, and attempt to analyze China's economic growth trends over the last few years as the US has struggled with its own recession, and attempt a few predictions on future trends based on current information. Next we discuss banking in the US and Europe by discussing the Volcker Rule and branch off into a discussion comparing labor in the EU and America when it comes to time off and paid vacation vs worker productivity and wages using the recent Cadillac ELR commercial controversy as an example of the "American work ethic."

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 20, 2014

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

Games and More Entertainment Radio
https://www.hwhq.com

Genre: Games and Entertainment
Release schedule: Monthly, sometimes more often
Description: Still going after 10 years, GAMERadio brings you the opinions of three idiots who have been in gaming for far too long. We try and sum up the state of the industry on every podcast, as well give our opinions on whatever we are playing at the time of the podcast. Join us in regular discussion on IRC. irc.oftc.net , #GAMER.

Episode 337: http://www.hwhq.com/GAMER/GAMER_337.mp3
C4, ribo, and Newfie! Diablo 3. Old school gaming, JRPGs. JRPGs and anime. Nintendo Wi-fi shutting down. Handheld gaming. Closing track is from Suikoden III - Exceeding Love.

RSS iTunes

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Nerd Lingering

iTunes | Twitter | RSS

Genre: Comedy / Culture / Entertainment
Release: Weekly, Thursdays
Goons: Jay Dub, Tempura Wizard, Soviet Toaster

Description: The internet is a vast, untamed wilderness filled with unsavory subcultures, baffling fixations and too many oddballs to count. Join hosts Joe, Jon and Bradford as they examine a new internet phenomenon each week. Previous topics include: Otherkin, Headmates, MRAs, and Bitcoin.

Our latest:
Episode 13: A Spooky Fedora for Your Legs - Our hosts are back from PAX East in Boston, and boy do they have some gamer convention stories for you. Best and worst cosplayers, awkward encounters, nerd-watching, secret masters of fandom, utili-kilts and a whole host of other topics (including perennial favorites like bronies and juggalos) pop up as the gang recounts their experiences at the Penny Arcade Expo.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. In this episode we try to analyze and break down the recent standoff between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the BLM agents that were attempting to confiscate his cattle because of a dispute over grazing rights and unpaid fees, as well as the large protest that followed. Toxin offers predictions as to whether Bundy's Mormon affiliation or his cause will spur a movement of mass-nullification and Joe analyzes the legal implications and predicts that future standoffs like these may occur in the West amidst continuing drought and scarce resources. We also discuss the recent shootings at a Jewish Family Center in Kansas City and analyze the recent resurgence of the term "domestic terrorist" amongst those who would want to confer "enemy combatant" status onto fringe political movements in the US as a means to deal with them in an extra-Constitutional way, as we have done abroad with drone strikes on al-Quaeda members.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Animation Dissection
Website | iTunes | RSS

Genre: Arts
Release Schedule: roughly bimonthly, sometimes more frequently
Goons: Zorak & Neeksy

Each episode, we take a look at animated films/tv shows/anime and discuss why they work (Bob's Burgers) or why they disprove the notion of a loving god (RWBY). The elements of the works, such as production design, characters, and plot, are separated and analyzed to see what lessons we can learn from both their success and failures.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

The Intensive Purposes Podcast

Home Page | Facebook | Twitter | iTunes

Genre: Humor / Culture / Entertainment
Release: We try for weekly or bi-weekly
Goon: Xarthor (Nick)

Description: Intensive Purposes is a mostly-humor podcast where we sit around and talk about life, relationships, pop culture, music, and whatever else happens to pop up in conversation.

Right now we are on Season 2 of the podcast. I'm still sorting through my season 1 files after a hard drive crash but I'll post them eventually.

Season Two / Episode Three -- On this episode we talk about the 10 things you should stop doing by the time you are 30, Kid Rock, bombing during stand-up comedy, and finish it up with Cochella chat.

Season Two / Episode Two -- On this episode we talk about getting run over by cars, nearly committing murder, Nick’s embarrassing life, and dinner check etiquette.

Season Two / Episode One -- On this episode we talk about Portland (the real Portlandia), Canadian anchor babies, marriage, mourning a breakup, and end it with some movie chat. Note: In retrospect we were shaking off a little microphone rust on this episode after not recording for awhile, so if you’re a first time listener, start with episode 2 and come back to this one later.

Xarthor fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 10, 2014

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Alright, big podcast post incoming

That Cartoon Podcast Episode 7: Ben Luce Interview
That Cartoon Podcast Episode 8: Francis Florencio Interview

And new Podcast!

Digimon: Digital Podcast
Genre: Review
Release: Monthly
Description: Myself and a few friends go through and review the old Digimon anime series, in the spirit of How Did This Get Made and AE Podcast. Done several episodes at a time

Digimon Podcast Episode 1

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Flip the Table home page
iTunes
RSS feed

Genre: board games
Release schedule: every other Saturday

Flip the Table is about weird and lovely board games. We play them ahead of time (because no one wants to hear us suffer through two hours of Trump: the Board Game in real time), and sit down for a structured chat about the game. We're all pretty serious board game nerds, so we get into the guts of the game design as much as just making fun of it. The podcast is mainly humor, though, and our Glorious Leader is also a game show nerd, so we do a short game segment at the end of each episode to go with the theme of the game we played. A lot the games we play are kitschy and pop culture-y, so we also chat about that stuff along the way. We have been (too flatteringly) compared to MST3K, but for lovely board games instead of lovely movies.

Here are some choice episodes since we started in June of 2012:

Heartthrob
Gone Birding!
Mad Magazine (with special guest and fellow board game nerd Rich Sommer from Mad Men)
The Bruce Jenner Decathlon Game
The McDonald's Game

Enjoy!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh hey you do that? I like Flip The Table a lot, good for board game nerds who like stupid things.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh hey you do that? I like Flip The Table a lot, good for board game nerds who like stupid things.

Yep! I'm "Prof. Laserbooks" on Flip the Table. (Three of our core four panelists have the same first name, so two of us go by pseudonyms for the sake of clarity).

Thanks for the shout out!

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Pitches Ain't poo poo
Website | RSS feed
Comedy, Every Couple Months

A ~30min movie pitch podcast in an absurdist vein.
Using just a proposed title as a starting point, a hypothetical feature film is planned out in full over the course of an episode. Ridiculous suggestions are incorporated and then justified (sometimes painstakingly) within the story's fictional universe. The dream is to have some rich-but-irresponsible listener bankroll one of these preposterous pitches as a full-scale production, but I'm not crossing my fingers quite yet.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Tena Twister posted:

Pitches Ain't poo poo
Website | RSS feed
Comedy, Every Couple Months

A ~30min movie pitch podcast in an absurdist vein.
Using just a proposed title as a starting point, a hypothetical feature film is planned out in full over the course of an episode. Ridiculous suggestions are incorporated and then justified (sometimes painstakingly) within the story's fictional universe. The dream is to have some rich-but-irresponsible listener bankroll one of these preposterous pitches as a full-scale production, but I'm not crossing my fingers quite yet.

Started your first episode, then switched to the second one because of the echo. Glad you fixed the sound problems. You guys have some chemistry. Negative feedback, the episode could use some more structure, having a very clear beginning with some bumpers (the beggining and end bumpers were good btw) where you state the title would help. Also you're going to lose people with title, it sucks people are like that, but that's the world. Also get on iTunes asap.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Ulta posted:

Started your first episode, then switched to the second one because of the echo. Glad you fixed the sound problems. You guys have some chemistry. Negative feedback, the episode could use some more structure, having a very clear beginning with some bumpers (the beggining and end bumpers were good btw) where you state the title would help. Also you're going to lose people with title, it sucks people are like that, but that's the world. Also get on iTunes asap.

Thanks for checking it out!
Yeah, the sound on ep1 was unfortunate since we only noticed the problem after the thing had been recorded.
As for iTunes, I just got the notification saying we've been accepted (but are now being reviewed by Apple I guess?).
Definitely taking the structure notes to heart; we've been meaning to make it a bit more rigid.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Direct Episode Link: https://archive.org/details/EdgeOfChaos-May242014
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 44, "Opt Out" - In this episode we dive into the current VA waiting list scandal and attempt to analyze both the reasons why such bureaucratic incompetence and ineffectiveness has been allowed to run so rampant in a system so important, and the possible fixes and consequences of the scandal itself. We move on to education where we analyze Common Core and how parents are increasingly dropping out of state run education to homeschool their children as a result of top-down government education standards. Lastly, we analyze the record low turnouts of the primary season as more and more people seem to be opting out of participating in elections due to distrust of government. Also: look for a special announcement at the end of this episode about an upcoming special guest!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Direct Episode Link: https://archive.org/details/EdgeOfChaos-June82014
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 45, "Let's Talk About Sex...Work" - In this episode we welcome special guest Maggie McNeill, aka "The Honest Courtesan" to discuss sex workers, sex trafficking, prostitution and all of the various laws, politics and morals surrounding a very misrepresented and misunderstood, but very old profession. Maggie shares her insights into the international moral crusade against sex work, and pokes holes in the continual narrative of pimps, the notion of coercion, the supposed prevalence of underage sex workers as well as the various flaws in supposed "legality" of sex work in Europe and elsewhere, including discussion of the so-called "Nordic model" also known as the "Swedish model." Maggie is a retired call girl with a very detailed blog and a new book of fictional short stories called "Ladies of the Night" which was recently released to rave reviews. We at Edge of Chaos are very proud to have her on our show to share her insights and her experience with us, and all of you. Be sure to listen and be prepared to learn a lot of things you may not have known about sex work and sex workers!

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 6, 2014

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Website

Summary
We meet up and play D&D! The setting is a huge fantasy city as big as an actual country, and the players are like mercenaries that can be hired to do anything stupid. I'd say like a really nerdy A-Team, but I've never actually watched it. There are 6 players besides myself, though the last one joins like 4 episodes in. I have to confess that I've never been the most rules heavy DM, so that might frustrate some people. I've always been more into the storytelling aspect of it. We're using the new edition of D&D, which we've never played, so we're learning it as we go. It should make it easier for people who aren't too familiar with the game to follow.

Genre
D&D, Entertainment
Release Schedule
Weekly, Monday
Goons
Puzzlething, and two of the others, but I always forget their names on here

Links
Facebook | RSS | iTunes | Stitcher | Tumblr | Twitter | Youtube

I posted this in the CC thread a while back too, hopefully it's okay to put it in here, and hopefully you guys like it. It took us a few episode to get used to the idea of being recorded, but it's stupid fun.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Puzzle Thing posted:

We're using the new edition of D&D, which we've never played, so we're learning it as we go. It should make it easier for people who aren't too familiar with the game to follow.

By "the new edition" Do you mean 4th or Next? Because either one will turn quite a few people off, so it's best to make sure it's clear and up front.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
After listening to some, it's Next, but as someone who kinda doesn't give a poo poo about Next I think they're fun enough where I don't care that they're not using my pet system.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Not to get into D&D chat, but generally when I listen to a let's play, if it's a crunchy system like D&D, the less they use the actual rules the better. Nothing is more boring than listening to people rolling dice followed by "You miss" for more than a minute.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
Yeah sorry, it' 5e/Next. We mostly played 3e before this, and just decided on a whim to try out the playtest stuff with the new campaign. I try to be pretty upfront about that in most places, cause I know some (alot? I'm not really sure what the general opinion of 5e is) of people don't like Next at all, and that's totally fine. I just hope we're entertaining enough that it doesn't matter.

Ulta posted:

Not to get into D&D chat, but generally when I listen to a let's play, if it's a crunchy system like D&D, the less they use the actual rules the better. Nothing is more boring than listening to people rolling dice followed by "You miss" for more than a minute.

Yeah, I totally agree, I try and keep combat short and active, cause that stuff seriously sucks.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

After listening to some, it's Next, but as someone who kinda doesn't give a poo poo about Next I think they're fun enough where I don't care that they're not using my pet system.

Aww, thanks a lot dude!

stablercake
Feb 29, 2012

beefcake

My Own Worst Anime

iTunes | Site

Genre: Entertainment/Comedy (or...Anime I guess)

Release Schedule: The 10th and 25th of every month

Goon: stablercake (Mallory), samu3lk (Sam) and guests from time to time.

Description: Sam and Mallory offer the internet an ineptly guided tour of the bizarre and perplexing world of Japanimation - known to some as "Anime". We're not incredibly experienced with a good deal of Anime so the "reviews" are usually coming from a very uninformed place. If you've seen the anime we're talking about in a given show, you're probably screaming at your iPod about how bad and wrong we are! It's a comedy podcast more than an informative one and we rate each show on a scale of 1-7 Dragonballs in entertainment value (whether that value be genuine or cheesy). I make unique artwork for each episode featuring Magical Girl Sam and Catgirl Mallory in anime-relevant situations (like the one below) that you can find on the home site when each episode releases.

Our third episode just came out yesterday:
THE BIG O: Negotiators Sam and Mallory summon their giant robot Jason (my boyfriend) to review The Big O, an anime about Steven J. Blum’s life as a Batman with a Gundam.

So far we've also reviewed My Bride is a Mermaid and Sword Art Online!

stablercake fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 26, 2014

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

You've got a nice degree of polish that is missing from a lot of first podcast episodes. Your focus needs some work, and I still don't exactly know what "My Bride is a Mermaid" is. Your art is really nice, and the show is entertaining and I shot you guys a suggestion.

stablercake
Feb 29, 2012

beefcake

Ulta posted:

You've got a nice degree of polish that is missing from a lot of first podcast episodes. Your focus needs some work, and I still don't exactly know what "My Bride is a Mermaid" is. Your art is really nice, and the show is entertaining and I shot you guys a suggestion.

Hey thanks! :3 And we got the suggestion, thank you!

We're definitely working on the getting-sidetracked-really-easily bit, but man is it rough to stay on task when you have to talk about something as tedious as Sword Art Online . _.

And if it's any consolation, we don't know what My Bride is a Mermaid is either.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Direct Episode Link: https://archive.org/details/EdgeOfChaos-June212014
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 46, "Iraq: Remember The Time" - In this episode we "Remember The Time" by discussing both the most recent war in Iraq as well as the current unrest, driven mostly by the rise and advance of ISIS. We break down the history of Iraq from World War One and onwards through the British Mandate post-World War Two and tie the history of the region in with the current conflicts and analyze both their causes, and their ultimate effects. We also savage politicians on both sides of the aisle that supported the war in Iraq in 2003, and who also seem to support some sort of intervention, invasion or bombing now in light of current events. Other topics addressed include Syria, Iran and the abduction of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 6, 2014

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

The Intensive Purposes Podcast

Home Page | Facebook | Twitter | iTunes

Genre: Humor / Culture / Entertainment
Release: We try for weekly or bi-weekly
Goon: Xarthor (Nick)

Description: Intensive Purposes is a mostly-humor podcast where we sit around and talk about life, relationships, pop culture, music, and whatever else happens to pop up in conversation.

Right now we are on Season 2 of the podcast. I'm still sorting through my season 1 files after a hard drive crash but I'll post them eventually.

Season Two / Episode Four -- On this episode we talk about flashing during Mardi Gras, childhood insecurities, mistaken identities, blowjob lookouts, gay experiences, and even more in this super girthy episode of the podcast.

Season Two / Episode Five -- In this episode we hear audio from Brupiter’s crappy boss, play some listener voicemails, and Nick gets pranked.

Season Two / Episode Six -- On this episode the dudes torture Nick about his family tragedies, we debate the ethics of stripper refunds, we look at other guys wieners, and chat about old video games.

Season Two / Episode Seven -- In this episode we talk about Nick’s record store discovery, Brad’s self-diagnosed medical condition, fights of our youth, and round it out with an uplifting news story about child abuse.

Xarthor fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 10, 2014

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Direct Episode Link: https://archive.org/details/EdgeOfChaos-July52014
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 47, "NDAAs and PANDA" - In this episode we welcome special guest Dan Johnson, the founder and national director of PANDA (https://www.pandaunite.org), to discuss the history and impact of the NDAA, specifically those approved and signed in 2008 and 2012. Dan walks us through the history of both resolutions, as well as how they relate to the Constitution and the Authorization for Use of Military Force of 2001, with additional context given by comparing similar actions in 1862, 1942 and during both Red Scares. In closing Dan shares with us what PANDA does as an activist organization to help codify an prohibition of these provisions into laws at local, city and state levels. We also give our own closing analyses and reactions to close the show. This is probably the most practically relevant and horrifying show we've done to date.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PleasureTown/132319070299852
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/pleasuretown/

Genre: Storytelling (Comedy, I guess, if using the front page Genres)
Released: Weekly

Description: I did not create this Podcast, but am assisting with it. What started off as a live-lit series in Chicago is now a podcast released by Chicago's NPR station. PleasureTown is a story-based podcast told in serial form that details the history of a little-known, failed Oklahoma utopian society around the turn of the century.

The town’s history is crowdsourced, piece by piece, by the producers, collaborators and audience members. It is part storytelling and part radio theater with original music.

Season One - Episode One: Buried and Forgotten

York_M_Chan fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 8, 2014

stablercake
Feb 29, 2012

beefcake
New episode up of My Own Worst Anime!

iTunes | Site

Description: Sam and Mallory offer the internet an ineptly guided tour of the bizarre and perplexing world of Japanimation - known to some as "Anime".

Our fourth episode just came out!

VIOLENCE JACK: EVIL TOWN - This week Sam and Mallory have mixed feelings about 1988’s Violence Jack. Do they not like the violence? Do they not like the Jack? Find out on the latest episode of My Own Worst Anime!

Want us to review your favorite anime? Leave us a suggestion at myownworstanime.com!

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.

Website | RSS | ITunes

Genre: Video Games
Released: At Random
Goons: Doink9731 & Jeffraider and some of our various guests
Description: We're a bunch of nerds drunkenly talking about Eve Online, internet spaceships, and other games.

Episode One: A Brave New World. For this episode guests include Grath Telkin, Endie, Leetcheese, Dirk Action, and a few others that snuck in at the end. We mostly discussed space games including Eve Online, Star Citizen, and Elite Dangerous along with what else we've played recently.

Doink9731 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 31, 2014

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Direct Episode Link: https://archive.org/details/EdgeOfChaos-July262014
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 48, "Huddled Masses Yearning To Be Free" - In this episode we welcome special guest Jonathan Francis who helps us break down the current "immigration crisis" in America with his own perspective as a naturalized American citizen from Honduras. We discuss Jonathan's childhood growing up as an immigrant in America and analyze his history as it relates to American culture and Mexican/Chicano culture in Los Angeles, as well as break down the history of American intervention and influence in Central America. We close by offering some insight on what can be done about the current "crisis" in America as it pertains to immigrant rights and bureaucratic process.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 11, 2014

stablercake
Feb 29, 2012

beefcake
New episode up of My Own Worst Anime!

iTunes | Site

Description: Sam and Mallory offer the internet an ineptly guided tour of the bizarre and perplexing world of Japanimation - known to some as "Anime".

Our fifth episode came out on Friday!

TRINITY BLOOD - This week Sam and Mallory watched Trinity Blood. They shouldn't have and are grumpy at Eric for suggesting it. Why the hell not? Find out on the latest episode of My Own Worst Anime!

Want us to review your favorite anime? Leave us a suggestion at myownworstanime.com!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Brown Moses Podcast
iTunes
Genre - Current events, investigative journalism, technology, and more
Release schedule - Weekly
Description - A new podcast I've started for my new website, Bellingcat, where I speak to people using or developing tools and techniques used in open source investigations. Basically I want interesting people to talk about the cool projects they've been working on, and so far I've had Paul Radu, director of the Organised Crime and Corruption Report Project; Peter Jukes, the author who live Tweeted the 9 months phone hacking trials in the UK; and Christoph Koettl of Amnesty International talking about the growing role of open source information in investigating human rights violations, and their newly launched Citizen Evidence Lab.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

Website | RSS | ITunes

Description: We're a bunch of nerds drunkenly talking about Eve Online, internet spaceships, and other games.

Episode Two: This World Sucks. For this episode guests include Grath Telkin, Apothne, Dirk Action, Anaphylacti, Hendrick Talladar, Angry Mustache and a few others that snuck in at the end. Sadly, Angry Mustache left early with mumble issues.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

The Lapse Storytelling Podcast

Genre
Storytelling, This American Life, The Moth.
True stories, heavily edited ("gussied up") to provide a filmic, visual feel to an audio-only show. The Lapse is radio play meets documentary. Released bi-monthly.

Links
Facebook | RSS | iTunes | Stitcher

This Week's Episode
The Crew Change is the stowaway’s bible. It’s the Anarchist’s Cookbook of the rails; a complete guide to when, where, and how to catch a free ride… without getting caught.

We were a FEATURED PODCAST on the front page of the iTunes store. If you dig Radiolab or Snap Judgment, you should absolutely add us to your feed.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

Website | RSS | ITunes

Episode Three: This World Sucks. For this episode guests include Grath Telkin, Leetcheese, Dirk Action, OhSh, PhalanxIII, Lquid, and Don Peyote. Endie managed to sneak in at the end. Sadly, Don Peyote left early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Direct Episode Link: https://archive.org/details/EdgeOfChaos-August92014
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 49, "Hysteria, Ebola and Gaza" - In this episode we address hysteria in media and culture by addressing both the current Ebola epidemic in West Africa and the conflict in Gaza. We analyze the rhetoric used by American media when these stories are covered, and the effect the spread of misinformation has on how these events are perceived, all with a solid underpinning of the history involved in these events.