Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Dio has a Dio-nese accent. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What does DIO wear to protect his nuts?
The World cup

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What does DIO wear to protect his nuts?
The World cup

:downsrim:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/13.html Preview pictures for this week's episode.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nessus posted:

As I recall, Duwang was duwang as hell but got the actual plot right if you scrape past the rat gutter sickness sex crimes, while Part 5 was plausible and grammatical but also wrong.

In short, Duwang is the way.

duwang is bad actually

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You know when you think about it okuyasu would have probably been able to defeat sheer heart attack within seconds.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder what would happen to Kira's hand if The Hand got rid of Sheer Heart Attack.

On a different note, seems my episode predictions for Stardust Crusaders are right so far. Next episode is indeed Justice - Part 1.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Yeah so I just finished Vento Aureo. I liked it more than I thought I would, it was like a better Stardust Crusaders. But man, Panaccotta seriously just left the story halfway through. They made a big deal about his stand being batshit which could have been cool and then he just left with no fanfare. Lame.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Broniki posted:

Yeah so I just finished Vento Aureo. I liked it more than I thought I would, it was like a better Stardust Crusaders. But man, Panaccotta seriously just left the story halfway through. They made a big deal about his stand being batshit which could have been cool and then he just left with no fanfare. Lame.

Yeah, I was disappointed he didn't return. He has an entire side novel dedicated to him, though, and his Stand evolves into an even more powerful form.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Has Araki ever said anything about the inspiration for how stands look? I feel like a large portion, at least that I've seen so far, don't look like they have anything to do with what their is power.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's said Star Platinum's look is taken from Aztec gods, but that's about it from what I remembered.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Concerning the latest chapter: how long do you bet that dog will last before it gets brutally killed?

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Star Platinum looks a lot like that knight from Phantom Blood

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
have something neat I found yesterday on 4chan(proving that as much awfulness can be found there, there is also plenty of neat stuff as well)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"Now experience the power of my Stand,「Wayward Son」!"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Supersonic Shine posted:

Concerning the latest chapter: how long do you bet that dog will last before it gets brutally killed?

I'm honestly expecting it to turn back to stone at some point.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love how nobody loving questions that the dog just walked through the wall like whatever bitches I'm a dog I do what I want

I also love the sudden transition from background description to "How much dog food did you buy?!"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

drrockso20 posted:

have something neat I found yesterday on 4chan(proving that as much awfulness can be found there, there is also plenty of neat stuff as well)

I thought that was Apollo Justice for a moment.

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I love how nobody loving questions that the dog just walked through the wall like whatever bitches I'm a dog I do what I want

I also love the sudden transition from background description to "How much dog food did you buy?!"

My favorite part is

:byodood: CATCH THAT DOG DON'T LET IT ESCAPE NO MATTER WHAT
:keke: It's actually being really cute and docile.
:byodood: QUICKLY GET THAT THING IT'S EATING
:keke: It's just some dumplings..

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I know I'm shilling the DIO fight pretty hard in the anime thread, but it's still great.

Though the actual resolution to the fight is admittedly anticlimactic compared to launching an immortal into space via volcanic eruption. The fight though, was awesome even in the old OVA. Even the lead up to the fight has some great moments, especially when Dio's just messing around with Polnareff's head.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I give the fight credit for a superior aftermath. While I liked Joseph better than Jotaro, I will always love his response to the end of that fight: "Dio taken care of? Ok, drain his blood. We are raising my grandpa from the dead." "I don't think it works that wa-" "Shut up, this is happening.". He may not have been as interesting a person, and he wasn't as good a dad, but God drat if he didn't know how to ignore logic to get his way in the true Joestar tradition with the best of them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The DIO fight is probably the biggest thing spoiled in all of Jojo, but still manages to be completely awesome when you actually see it. That kind of sums of the series really, just awesome things happening all the time and it doesn't even matter if you know they're coming.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro vs Dio is basically a DBZ fight made by Araki and it's so loving good because it's the only one of its kind in the series.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I wonder how many episodes they'll make out of the dio fight. Personally I'm hoping we get an entire episode dedicated to Jotaro playing dead.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Kabanaw posted:

I wonder how many episodes they'll make out of the dio fight. Personally I'm hoping we get an entire episode dedicated to Jotaro playing dead.

Three. Three episodes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

I'd say three at least and four at best.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Four sounds about right.

Part 1: the mansion and car chase, end with "I know how to find the secret of his stand"
Part 2: Kakyoin and Joseph :qq:, end with Jotaro "moving"
Part 3: up to Dio getting his skull crushed, maybe sucking Joseph's blood as a cliffhanger
Part 4: Farewell my friends

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think the mansion up to the escape would be one episode. Kakyoin and Joseph's chase could be the second, ending on Kakyoin getting chest punched. You could probably fit the entire Jotaro vs Dio fight into one episode but splitting it into two parts and having the last third of the second episode be the epilogue works. But yeah, four sounds like a good number.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Do you think Jojo in live action could work?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

We need to get Will Smith fitted for a Star Platinum costume immediately.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

What's the power of Carlton's Stand "It's Not Unusual", though?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Super Speed

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

Make anyone love you, duh.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I hope the villain of Jojolion doesn't have a punchghost stand.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

a cartoon duck posted:

Backup dancers and shirt removal?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pomp posted:

Make anyone love you, duh.

I could totally see a comedy fight revolving around this.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

So I'm playing JoJo's All Star Battle and I find it funny how they changed a bunch of the names for legal reasons but didn't scrap any of the music, even though Will Zeppeli's theme has the riff from Kashmir, Buccelati's theme is a combination of a bunch of songs from Sticky Fingers, etc.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

amuayse posted:

I hope the villain of Jojolion doesn't have a punchghost stand.

The last punchghost stand we had was Tusk, and it was like the only one of its kind in part 7.
I think Araki graduated from attack stands to utility stands.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

legendsuper posted:

The last punchghost stand we had was Tusk, and it was like the only one of its kind in part 7.
I think Araki graduated from attack stands to utility stands.

Eh, Soft & Wet's been doing a decent amount of punchghosting. In general though, yeah, seems like the old punchghosts are pretty much gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tusk was the best punchghost because it was the most powerful version of it and it had one of the most satisfying breakthroughs to the actual punching in the series. It also looked like a cowboy, so that made it even better.

• Locked thread